Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Karina's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, LordOfLotion said:

Let's get her together with the one who wouldn't get out of her scooter and when they're not looking, throw their wheels over a cliff when they're not looking. (I think it was Janine)

But, but, but...she will get HEARTBURN!

• Love 11

I don't know what thread to put this in, but, why are all of these people naked??  I understand that you can't find clothes to fit; but, good gawd, you can pick out some material & hire someone to make you some cheap pants to cover your ass up.  That disgusting Asanti guy, many of the men and women on this show just let it all hang out.  It is absolutely disgusting.

• Love 5

"I think talking with my parents went well." Well, yes, if by "well" she means "barely conscious" and "they said nothing, but my my father grunted once."

1 minute ago, Tress said:

I don't know what thread to put this in, but, why are all of these people naked??  I understand that you can't find clothes to fit; but, good gawd, you can pick out some material & hire someone to make you some cheap pants to cover your ass up.  That disgusting Asanti guy, many of the men and women on this show just let it all hang out.  It is absolutely disgusting.

This show does nothing to disabuse the stereotype of fat people as lazy and slovenly. 

• Love 6

What is this "life" she keeps talking about she wants to get back? Being a friendless recluse? She's still that.

Oh, my. A morbidly obese amputee next week!

It seems like the ones who won't or can't walk have a lower rate of success than those who are mobile. I can see why Now wants them up and walking, aside from the blood clot issue. 

I think Dr. Now sometimes does surgery before they can walk because he doesn't think they will live long enough without to become ambulatory. 

She doesn’t need therapy, the last thing this woman needs is more attention.  

I disagree. Anyone who has eaten herself nearly to death out of a desire for attention desperately needs therapy, among other interventions.

You have to be able to stand up to put on a pair of pants...

I believe so. I can't believe the size of the stomachs he removed. Like the size of footballs. 

Friends of mine found an emaciated stray dog. They brought him home and tried to feed him. He would not eat or drink. They took him to the vet who discovered a mass in his stomach. They did surgery to remove it - it was a deflated football. The dog survived but barely,.. he was dehydrated and malnourished.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Godfrey said:

Next week's guy is missing a leg?? Did he eat it?

I am sorry but that is funny as hell. Luckily, I wasn’t drinking anything.

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Wonderful -- she lost the weight once.  It is not fair she should have to do it again.  

You mean like Twit? "I LOST 100 pounds - I already DID that!" to the comedienne? They don't seem to get that it's a daily, hell, hourly - choice. Do I eat a reasonable meal or 2 pizzas, 24 wings and a couple of brownies? Do have a 2-litre coke or a big glass of water? And it doesn't end. That's why diets don't work. Lifestyle changes, making new habits and doing your best to make good choices every time is what works. And when you don't make a good choice, not giving up and seeing that is dooming you to never making a good choice again. It sucks but that's the lot she's in (and many many many others are in that same boat). Suck it up buttercup! 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Lots of commercials for weight loss products tonight.  Is it a sign that I've been watching this show too long when I think "those people aren't THAT big?"

Yum...those sounded like fun side effects too.  Yikes

3 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

He has to be super tall. He just doesn’t appear to have to width and girth of some of these 600 pounders. 

I was thinking this too.  I'm really bad at guessing weights and ages but he doesn't look 600 pounds to my eyes.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Oh goody! 50 shades trailer.  Can’t wait until this weekend is over and this fucking movie/book trilogy can finally go away.  I will say it again-this is an abusive relationship!!!!!!!  Please stop promoting it. 

The trailer says something like “This love story ends with a bang,” and they show a gun. I’m hoping she shoots the guy. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

I was thinking this too.  I'm really bad at guessing weights and ages but he doesn't look 600 pounds to my eyes.

Well, that one leg was about 150 lbs 

• Love 1

I get that she doesn't want to walk, but why not STAND for like a few minutes instead of transferring herself from the wheelchair to the toilet seat?

Her sister has gotten BIGGER since the last time we saw her. 

This show does nothing to disabuse the stereotype of fat people as lazy and slovenly. 

Some of the people actually do exercise and push themselves pretty hard. Karina hasn't been one of them. As for slovenly - it actually does a very realistic job of showing how difficult it is to maintain even basic hygiene when you are this morbidly obese.

Jesus Marisabel - she has lost 200 pounds. Give her a little credit - it won't kill you. Sheesh - what a bitch. And again, she reminds everyone that she has KIDS. She has to pick up her KIDS. She has responsibilities - she has KIDS. Got it. You've had sex and reproduced. You have value as a human being. 

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 6