S06.E05: Karina's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

TLC My 600 Pound Life items that should be for sale:

Janine's ass wiping tons with the logo engraved

Lupe's eyeshadow + her taco purse

Pauline's pants

Penny's wonton cooker

Nicole's book of special recipes which includes her world famous meatloaf (50% beef, 50% chex party mix)

A book of life hacks, which includes hits such as how to find a man that will empty your bedpan and hose you down on the back porch in 30 days

Free audio book of all the best quotes "Dr. Now is my last hope, I'm making great progress, I didn't realize how hard this would be" etc. etc.

Around Halloween they could sell a Dr. Now costume, wig and glasses included.

Don't forget Nicole's album, which includes the worldwide smash "Shiverzzzzz"

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I think most of these people think they just have to diet for a couple of months to be approved for surgery.  Then they will get the surgery and will magically be thin without having to try anymore.  None of them seem to understand that this has to be a long-term change.

It’s like they think it’s magic and they will never be hungry again.  The Surgery Will Fix Everything!

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, AbbyLee said:

It was a foreign balloon? She had it placed when she was out of the country? What kind of shady *ish is that?

She likely had it done in Mexico because she probably doesn't have health insurance and the procedure would be way cheaper there than here. Many people go to Mexico for plastic surgery, too, because it's cheaper there. 

3 minutes ago, jnagle4 said:

Don't forget Nicole's album, which includes the worldwide smash "Shiverzzzzz"

The music video is her eating half of her subway sandwich in one bite and throwing it around the car immediately after

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

Pauline's pants

Penny's wonton cooker

Nicole's book of special recipes which includes her world famous meatloaf (50% beef, 50% chex party mix)

A book of life hacks, which includes hits such as how to find a man that will empty your bedpan and hose you down on the back porch in 30 days

Free audio book of all the best quotes "Dr. Now is my last hope, I'm making great progress, I didn't realize how hard this would be" etc. etc.

Pauline Potter's best-sellers: "Screwing for Weight Loss" and "How to Totally Humiliate Your Son on National TV"

• Love 5

So being in the 600’s and losing a mere 42lbs means she’s suddenly able to sit/fit in the minivan seats?

She fit before she started losing weight - it was just really uncomfortable for her so she sat on the van floor.

OMG!!! "I need them to believe in me."

Believe in YOURSELF! Jesus.

I've a feeling this weigh-in isn't going to go well. 

ETA: I am wrong!

55 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I find myself wondering what Dr. Now's eating habit are like. Does he follow a healthy diet? Splurge a little but exercise some portion control? Exercise? Or just have a really good metabolism...

I apologize in advance but I'm just going to go there. Because I wonder - are these folks just constantly clogging their toilets? Do they keep a plumber on standby?

Teehee, I think they call it "on retainer."  Or, maybe that's just for lawyers.

I'm on PST here, and I always DVR the show and watch it in the a.m.  Reading all the comments lets me know what I'm in for this week.  Snark away :)

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ThisGirlAsh said:

Pauline's pants

Penny's wonton cooker

And walkers!  And wheelchairs!

I feel like everything we're seeing is indicating that she will not lose weight, and yet, she does.  Every time.  

• Love 2
Just now, CouchTater said:

OMG, that mother's look/reaction to her weight loss.  She really did look the opposite of happy/supportive/encouraging.  Yikes!

To be fair, didn't she lose weight in the past?  Mom and Dad are probably just tired of being in this cycle.  

• Love 3

Hey she's losing the weight, without balloon.  Cool.  Her voice actually sounds a little better.  So the walking is the problem.  But last week's chick barely took a baby step even after the surgery.  Inconsistent.  (But it's boring!).  I like dad!!!  Wants her to become productive.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

She likely had it done in Mexico because she probably doesn't have health insurance and the procedure would be way cheaper there than here. Many people go to Mexico for plastic surgery, too, because it's cheaper there. 

I used to follow a woman on YT who went to Mexico for WLS.  She had nothing but complications for maybe 18-24 months after the surgery. It was sad to watch her be in the hospital so much. She ended up dying.

1 minute ago, WhitneyWhit said:

"Then she's going to be productive"

In other words, "She's going to get a job and get the hell up outta my house".

In an ideal world! But we're talking about a person who's pushing 40 and hasn't had a job in about 20 years. What's her resume gonna read like? 

"McDonalds Worker 1998-1998. Reason for leaving: Eating the merchandise." 

2 minutes ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Well I tried to post an Austin Powers meme about his teeth but since I’m technologically incompetent, this is as good as you’re going to get. “I get it. I have bad teeth!”

giphy.gif