Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Karina's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

The words “trying” and “but” in the same sentence is never good.

Your family does not weigh 633 pounds!!!  They can eat what they damn well please. 

Sister ain’t buying it.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 6

Darned VPN! And university ITS isn't much help either. : (   

I'm back - and fascinated why what's her name doesn't have foot rests on the wheel chair. Isn't that usual?

Also - who knew you could store snacks in the recliner? Doesn't anyone clean behind the cushions in her house?

• Love 1

Man, I’m always late to the live viewing.

Mr. judgey is going to have some real asshole comments about those teeth.

Sweet baby Santa Christ, I’m the same age as this chick and did I eat a peanut butter heart before I sat down, yes!  Did I run 4 miles yesterday and take 12,500 steps today, yes!

Oh boofuckinhhoo!  Your parents both worked (like my husband and I) and they moved.  Shut the fuck up with that BS.  

White socks with black pants and black shoes! Oh honey. No, just no.

• Love 11

What up, Pounders?!  Just got here.  I've watched a little, but was busy dealing with the kids and stuff.  I don't have a good feeling about this one, but maybe she will prove me wrong.

• Love 4

This is all about her seeking attention.  She won’t succeed because she can’t give up being the focus of attention.  I could see some short term success, but long-term she will fail because success would mean not being the center of everyone’s attention.

• Love 8

I am so fucking sick of self righteous parent who think their kids damn soccer game is the center of the fucking universe. 

Eta my kids played soccer and did activities but I never presented it to my family like it was the be all end all most important thing EVER. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 22
Just now, emma1420 said:

This is all about her seeking attention.  She won’t succeed because she can’t give up being the focus of attention.  I could see some short term success, but long-term she will fail because success would mean not being the center of everyone’s attention.

Sister seems to be pretty demanding of mom's attention & time too.

• Love 2

I totally agree that I think the family should eat whatever because the patient has to do this one their own.  But, no matter what weight you are, when you're on a diet it does suck when you're eating something you don't really want and your family is having a 5 course buffet.  Also, she's eaten like this her whole life, so it's going to be 10x more difficult to not have that temptation.  I do remember a couple past patients that had their families eat in another room while the patient ate their required meal.  

She needs her own will power sure, but there needs to be some support too.  The sister bitching at her isn't going to help.  I'm sure they've been sick of her excuses and shit for years, but I'm a believer in second chances.  If this is the chance where she ACTUALLY changes her life, then more power to her.

• Love 6
Just now, Godfrey said:

Sister seems to be pretty demanding of mom's attention & time too.

I suspect it’s a competition.  But, it also sounds like the sisters kids don’t get to have their grandparents at games and special events as her sister takes priority.

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Has the fat collected in her throat?  Or maybe just a speech impediment.  So she's breaking the news to her family that she's seeing Dr Now...dad pretending to act surprised.  And yet the cameras are there.  

Applicants probably don't know how people are chosen for the show. The producers could easily say something like - "We're considering you and want to do some videos of you at home to show the doctor." Of course, I don't know if I would do a shower video on the off chance of being selected, but I'm not 600 lbs and in need of surgery, either.

Tuning in late but it always cracks me up whenever someone on this show hides unhealthy food from their loved ones, it's like girl, you're on a show called My 600lb Life, no one there thinks you're snacking on celery sticks and whole grain wheat thins when they're not around.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, dreadfulLeigh said:

Just got to her binge order. No words. I never want to eat again. 

Somene who clearly has a binge eating disorder and a helpless victim mentality seems destined to fail any WLS. 

Me too! I have no words. Why hasn’t something ruptured??

• Love 1

I mean let's switch this around, imagine if this was a 89 pound anorexic that needed to travel to their appointment and they had a sister or brother that said "I have responsibilities, it's all about you, what do you need to go to the doctor for now, mom and dad are going to miss my precious son's soccer game even though they'll be 12 more before his season ends."  It's messed up, point blank.

• Love 9