Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Bonfire Insanity

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Tensions boil over at a beach bonfire; the housemates return to the Hamptons, where Kyle and Amanda's relationship faces setbacks; Danielle gains her housemates access to a very special place in the Hamptons.

• Love 1

Wow.  Does Lauren think it's cute to display those saggy boobs to everyone?  If I recall from last season, isn't that what her mother used to do?  I can't stand it when she tries  to talk over everyone else in that machine gun manner.  She's really vile.  Also, I don't get the Carl attraction at all.  

Edited by whydoievencare
I had more to say
  • Love 18
8 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Wow.  Does Lauren think it's cute to display those saggy boobs to everyone?  If I recall from last season, isn't that what her mother used to do?  I can't stand it when she tries  to talk over everyone else in that machine gun manner.  She's really vile.  Also, I don't get the Carl attraction at all.  

Haven't watched yet...She still showing them bags around? I read somewhere they are 6'....Mamozonians. I think she likes Carl as he his one of the few men she's found that are taller. 

• Love 1

Lauren is an ugly asshole when she's drunk, and she's not much better sober. I agree that her constant interrupting and talking over everyone is annoying as hell. And she's so desperate for attention that she keeps throwing herself at gross Carl. 

Oh, and Kyle can stop being a dick to Amanda any time now. If you don't want to be in a relationship, then break up. But don't be a dick to her.

Edited by Michichick
  • Love 17

That is why you should never argue with a drunk person, Lindsey. Although, Lauren is an asshole drunk or sober. 

I adore Amanda, she deserves better than Kyle. 

Still interested in learning more about Danielle & Amit. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, snarts said:

That is why you should never argue with a drunk person, Lindsey. Although, Lauren is an asshole drunk or sober. 

I adore Amanda, she deserves better than Kyle. 

IDK why Amanda's surprised with Kyle's behavior! All these people are pretty lousy drunks; commitments go out the window! Who did she call; her mother? This is pathetic; all of these women who are supposed to be so professional, but getting stinking drunk every weekend makes no sense to me! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

This is pathetic; all of these women who are supposed to be so professional, but getting stinking drunk every weekend makes no sense to me! ;-)

Not just the women - the men drink just as much, if not more.  To end up naked in a potential investors house (the first night they met!) does not seem like a way for Kyle to build investor confidence.  

Lauren seemed really coked out at the 4th of July party...both she and Carl were pounding hard liquor all day and night, yet were wide awake to go hot-tubbing at sunrise.  That doesn't happen without some kind of stimulant.  People had commented on past episodes that Carl appeared to have some kind of a drug problem - if he and Lauren share some bad habits, it could be a factor in their creepy codependency.

The show makes a good case for the theory that emotional growth is adversely impacted by substance abuse (including alcohol).  These weekend warriors have interactions that I would expect from junior high and high school kids.  With many years sober (and lots and lots of time spent hanging out with other people who drank too much and chose to put the plug in the jug), to me, most of these people do not seem to have a healthy relationship with alcohol.  No judgement, just my observation.

• Love 18

Lauren just gets crazier every week. First it's smashing the cake in Carl's face. Then, since that isn't getting her enough attention, she dances around with her boobs out! Then she gets into a giant fight with Lindsey. She claims it's because Lindsey was talking about her, but she's clearly too drunk to understand English. And it was obvious she was just jealous that ANY girl, other than herself, was talking to Carl. Finally she gets her way and ends up in bed with him at 8 am, no likely feeling validated by his gamey bullshit - "Lauren, you're my girl". 

Carl is such a douche. But at this point Lauren should know better. I can't feel bad for her any longer. 

She is just beyond insecure. She is one of those girls who needs a man in her life, no matter the circumstances. Notice she always ends up the only chick in a car full of dudes? She fancies herself the "cool girl", "the guy's girl", but she's soooo not. As we will see when Carl inevitably brings another chick back to the house and she melts down. Again. 

Speaking of bringing chicks back....I love how Amit just left their dinner and brought three chicks back to the house. It looks like he ended up sleeping with one of them. I always wonder how that works. Like, do they all KNOW who's getting to score at the beginning of the night? Or is it like The Bachelor up in that pool, with all three girls being judged against one another? It makes my head hurt. 

I hope Kyle and Amanda aren't going to start fighting all summer. Things were going so well. I think Kyle just doesn't know how to be a "boyfriend" at the beach. He's used to a totally different life come summer. He has to find a balance. But Amanda needs to communicate more. She WANTS him to chill with the drinking and just have a nice night once in awhile, but did she TELL him that? I get the feeling she just says, "Be nice to me" and expects him to figure out what that entails. 

If I see fucking Everett at any point this season, I'm going to drown Lindsey in the Atlantic. 

• Love 14
55 minutes ago, OldButHappy said:

Not just the women - the men drink just as much, if not more.  To end up naked in a potential investors house (the first night they met!) does not seem like a way for Kyle to build investor confidence.  

Lauren seemed really coked out at the 4th of July party...both she and Carl were pounding hard liquor all day and night, yet were wide awake to go hot-tubbing at sunrise.  That doesn't happen without some kind of stimulant.  People had commented on past episodes that Carl appeared to have some kind of a drug problem - if he and Lauren share some bad habits, it could be a factor in their creepy codependency.

The show makes a good case for the theory that emotional growth is adversely impacted by substance abuse (including alcohol).  These weekend warriors have interactions that I would expect from junior high and high school kids.  With many years sober (and lots and lots of time spent hanging out with other people who drank too much and chose to put the plug in the jug), to me, most of these people do not seem to have a healthy relationship with alcohol.  No judgement, just my observation.

True enough, all of them drink too much, but the men don't get emotional and create drama out of nothing! Lauren's the worst; constantly yappin' and producing situations to kvetch about! Maybe she needs her sister to airlift in periodically to calm her nerves! Throwing the cake in Carl's face shows a bit of a disturbed personality! She'll be the 1st one to call the cops if you scream at her, but she feels comfortable enough to assault this guy just because she feels neglected! I hope she's just performing for the camera because she won't do well if she's still acting like a high school mean girl at her age! ;-)

• Love 4

Good Lawd!  Carl and Lauren are such assholes! I actually think they belong together, Carl just needs to stop fighting it and go with it. He's a hairy, ugly douchebag and she's a loud mouth, insecure Amazon. 

Sounds like Kyle is on the fringe of financial problems. And Danielle lost her job. But hey, let's party in the Hamptons! 

Still like Stephen.  

Lindsey's new white teeth are blinding me.

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Fiero425 said:

Throwing the cake in Carl's face shows a bit of a disturbed personality!

Didn't stop Carl from boning her, though. You would think the humiliating cake in the face would have turned him off 100%. I think he gets off on pushing her buttons.  He's just as disturbed as she is, he just doesn't talk as fast or yell as loud!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Didn't stop Carl from boning her, though. You would think the humiliating cake in the face would have turned him off 100%. I think he gets off on pushing her buttons.  He's just as disturbed as she is, he just doesn't talk as fast or yell as loud!

Yea, Carl is a sick dude. I think he gets off on crazy girls, desperate girls, girls fighting over him. He likes to play head games. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

I think nose candy is naturally their drug of choice. "SUITS" being those who work and do it 9am-5pm. And on the weekends. Carl looks terrible. I also suspect between Steven and Carl some "chem petting" has occurred, why Steven seems like hes scorned.

I think alcohol is a given with drug use. It goes hand in hand. I hope they filter their liver and kidneys properly....

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

what I'm about to say is going to sound *so* judgmental, and, mind you, I'm 49 & spend way too much time at rock concerts, wear ripped jeans, and love my wine...but...aren't these guys a little OLD to be acting like this?

When I say I love my wine, I mean...I love...to sip my wine and listen to music or have good food or long talks.  Sorry to say that I'd outgrown most shenanigans by my mid-thirties...but I was a married mom, and these guys are single, which could have something to do with it...

do most people their age act like that???

• Love 8

Something about Danielle is really turning me off. I don't even think she likes Carl but she doesn't want to share him in any way and is trying really hard to act jealous. But it sort of rings false and like she just doesn't want Lauren to be with him. It's not a good look girlfriend.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Something about Danielle is really turning me off. I don't even think she likes Carl but she doesn't want to share him in any way and is trying really hard to act jealous. But it sort of rings false and like she just doesn't want Lauren to be with him. It's not a good look girlfriend.

She's like Christina 2.0, creating drama out of nothing and meddling in someone else's relationship. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

Yeah, I’m with you. There’s something mean spirited about her that I don’t like.

• Love 2

I liked Danielle in the first episode where she basically said Carl is the Straight Andrew Cunanan and should be avoided at all costs.   So I don't get either this emerging enmeshment in the Carl/Lauren shitshow and glints of jealousy.    Unless she feels that is her designated plotline so she better stir that pot?

Lauren is horrible.   The pulling down her top and shaking her tits thing after the Cake Incident was beyond the pale.  She was an incoherent bitch to Lindsey.   Last season especially when her parents visited it was crystal clear that Ashley is the alpha twin and I can't handle Lauren on this show without Ashley's supervision.   Lauren comes off as a a total twit that has coasted off her identity of being a tall busty blonde twin for far too long.   Enjoy Carls likely to be diseased peen. 

Kyle and Amanda's whiny fights were tedious enough last season I can't believe they are already in full regret mode.  

Shout out to the Shinnecock Nation for being the high point of this episode. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, kitten59 said:

Carl has hairy log legs. He is relatively slim, but those are some thick, unshapely legs. I just can't see the supposed hotness.

He also has weird posture. When he walks it looks like he’s doing a bad impression of someone. I just don’t see anything attractive about him at all.

Lauren, girl. Get a hold of yourself. I don’t dislike her all the time (although she is so high maintenance) and I get how tough it is to be expected to be all cool girl chill about someone you have unresolved feeling for who at times plays into those feelings and that you are around as “friends” all the time. I was put in that situation by a group of friends once and I tried hard, but sometimes you have some pretty bad moments. And it’s tough. One of my least favorite things about modern dating is the way everyone is always supposed to be above everything all the time. Sometimes when you’re hurt and confused you act a mess. But damn girl! You have got to pull it together! Carl is Patrick Bateman level awful and will never, ever stop this push and pull. And you’re becoming an unreasonable bitch trying to deal with it. I was on Lindsey’s side tonight. LINDSEY’S SIDE! That’s how bad things have gotten.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

The girls in this show just don't want to be "on the outside looking in!" They're willing to put up with so much abuse and run back to take more! Kyle's GF goes back to last season where the same dynamics were going on except she was staying in another HOUSE! So she comes back to him fulltime and now feels abused and can't seem to deal with his drinking which is "a part of him!" It makes no sense and it's hard to feel sorry for any of these bimbos who've lost all their self-respect! ;-)

• Love 1
On 2/5/2018 at 11:28 PM, snarts said:

18 hours ago, rho said:

She's like Christina 2.0, creating drama out of nothing and meddling in someone else's relationship. 

I don’t think either one of them watched the first season. Or, they unfortunately don’t have what it takes to be “reality stars”—or maybe it’s fortunate for real-life them that they DO have some sense of shame and decency. Danielle TRIES to “stick to the script” but she’s a really bad actress and just wanders off to the side muttering about what the hell did she get herself into rather than escalating a fight out of nowhere. Amit doesn’t even do THAT much!   So what that we’re filming The Gang Goes Out for Drinks? He’s sneaking out stage right without a word. And he won’t even let Lindsey fight with him about whether or not they made out. He’s just quietly “Didn’t happen” takes a bite of a sandwich and peaces out. Everyone is standing around  as if they told us all to come in to film a big aftermath scene—and *crickets* they’re all just looking around at each other. What are we supposed to do now without any rending of garments (pulling off bathing suits in front of 75 people) or incoherent screamfests (you sat on the toilet!!!!). I mean, I know it’s typical for new reality show members to feel uncomfortable on camera, but these two need to step it up if bravolebrity is their career path. Then again, since they’re both currently unemployed maybe flying under the radar is a good plan if they want a REAL job again. Speaking of jobs, um, what was that scene with Kyle and Julio (jew-lee-oh, not hoo-lee-oh)??? So, I got wasted at this filthy rich guy’s party and woke up naked on his couch—and this is how I make all of my business connections???? Mind you, he’s “too busy working” to see his girlfriend during the workweek. Mmmhmm.

Edited by JenE4
8 hours ago, kitten59 said:

Carl has hairy log legs. He is relatively slim, but those are some thick, unshapely legs. I just can't see the supposed hotness.

Me either. I hate to snark on looks that can't be helped (fashion and hair choices are fair game, as are plastic surgery changes), but Carl is just such a douche....I'm gonna say it. He has the BIGGEST fucking ears. how I never noticed them before, I do not know.....but wow. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

He also has weird posture. When he walks it looks like he’s doing a bad impression of someone. I just don’t see anything attractive about him at all.

Lauren, girl. Get a hold of yourself. I don’t dislike her all the time (although she is so high maintenance) and I get how tough it is to be expected to be all cool girl chill about someone you have unresolved feeling for who at times plays into those feelings and that you are around as “friends” all the time. I was put in that situation by a group of friends once and I tried hard, but sometimes you have some pretty bad moments. And it’s tough. One of my least favorite things about modern dating is the way everyone is always supposed to be above everything all the time. Sometimes when you’re hurt and confused you act a mess. But damn girl! You have got to pull it together! Carl is Patrick Bateman level awful and will never, ever stop this push and pull. And you’re becoming an unreasonable bitch trying to deal with it. I was on Lindsey’s side tonight. LINDSEY’S SIDE! That’s how bad things have gotten.

Yesh. Between the wagging breasticles...the badly done cake in the face, the kiss, pushing someone out the way with her foot only to go on and

Get into a fight with a drunk but coherent Lindsey, drunk at dawn and jumping in the bed with carl...

She needs to get a tighter grip on her life, and her breasticles,  instead of Carl's testicles.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Speaking of jobs, um, what was that scene with Kyle and Julio (jew-lee-oh, not hoo-lee-oh)??? So, I got wasted at this filthy rich guy’s party and woke up naked on his couch—and this is how I make all of my business connections???? Mind you, he’s “too busy working” to see his girlfriend during the workweek. Mmmhmm.

The Julio thing gave me pause too on many levels.

So Kyles app-- you take a picture of your food and send it to your app assigned nutritionist-- then what? they respond No don't eat that and you throw it away? Sounds groundbreaking.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Lauren is an awful person. I know they all act up for the cameras, but she's truly a bad person who should be shunned by society. Or at least go away for therapy. And Carl is right there with her. Carl has a little more control over his behavior, but I think he's a sociopath. 

Amanda seems awesome. Super fun, super sweet and a banging body. We didn't really see her last season (except as an extension of Kyle), but she's the best housemate. I've heard stories that dating in NY sucks for women because the guys are awful, and I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that's why she puts up with Kyle's bs. Kyle really needs to reevaluate how great he thinks he is. 

I want to start a new drinking game. Take a shot every time Stephen says something nice about someone or isn't a Debbie Downer. You'll be sober all year. He needs to mix it up and be fun again. 

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

The Julio thing gave me pause too on many levels.

So Kyles app-- you take a picture of your food and send it to your app assigned nutritionist-- then what? they respond No don't eat that and you throw it away? Sounds groundbreaking.  

Right? That thing looked so pointless. He said something about people could comment on it? Yea, pics of your dinner with people commenting on it....that's Instagram. 

• Love 6
On 2/8/2018 at 1:07 AM, Stan39 said:

Lauren is an awful person. I know they all act up for the cameras, but she's truly a bad person who should be shunned by society. Or at least go away for therapy. And Carl is right there with her. Carl has a little more control over his behavior, but I think he's a sociopath. 

Amanda seems awesome. Super fun, super sweet and a banging body. We didn't really see her last season (except as an extension of Kyle), but she's the best housemate. I've heard stories that dating in NY sucks for women because the guys are awful, and I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and say that's why she puts up with Kyle's bs. Kyle really needs to reevaluate how great he thinks he is. 

I want to start a new drinking game. Take a shot every time Stephen says something nice about someone or isn't a Debbie Downer. You'll be sober all year. He needs to mix it up and be fun again. 

You gave me a great snicker this morning. I think Carl puts less of a good job at holding it together. To live a little...we should add to that drinking game...a shot every time Carl is blasted. You'd catch a good buzz. 

Amanda does have a fantastic figure, but oddly, the size of her bosom makes her look heavier than she really is. Her breasts are really large and she wears all those stringy tops. Something with more support would balance her out better. I actually don't really like her all that much. Kyle's fun, but I wouldn't put up with that nonsense as his girlfriend.

• Love 2