Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Fertile Myrtle

druzy
  • Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:34 PM, jayfay said:

what's up with the Christmas sweaters? Bentley, Maci, and Amber were each wearing a Christmas swester in this episode. why

I couldn't figure it out either.  It was in October???  My son has the same shirt as Bentley except his says .....Through The Snow and the Santa is Dapping

• Love 3

SO funny that Ryan told Mac she was stupid for spending some money on a ring.   Because 10k a week on drugs was smart right, Rhiiine?  And Mac's bullshit about how "Maci actually answered the phone when Ryan called Bentley on his birthday".  Fuck you, Mac, we have been watching this show for 9 years.  We know all the times that Ryan has called and all the times he hasn't and all the times Maci has or hasn't answered. You don't need to change history in front of us.

I don't follow the show much outside of this or outside of watching it.  I don't follow them on any social media so I had no idea Catelynn was pregnant and then had a miscarriage. I can say that when she took that test super early and told him super early I thought she should slow down.  But who knows with the way they edit....maybe it had been a few months.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, lezlers said:

Wow, apparently I'm the only one who actually felt Cate handled Nova's meltdown over the drink well.   My daughter throws fits like that too and when you're trying to get out the door to go somewhere, you're in survival mode.  Whatever gets them in the car.  She hugged Nova, talked to her and when they were in the car, Nova seemed perfectly happy.  She's three (well, she wasn't even three yet when this was filmed, actually).  That kind of stuff happens.  When your kid is that age, you can't die on every hill, you know?

No you are not the only one. Some, including myself, posted our positive feelings on how Catelynn handled that situation. What made it a questionable situation was how Tyler handled it. Nova sees that her parents don't see eye to eye on matters when it comes to her behavior. Just wait until she starts pitting one parent against the other.

@Brooklynista I will be happy to wear my tin foil hat with you. I need a timeline regarding this so-called pregnancy of Cate's and the whole rehab vacation.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Tyler had just being the asshole screaming, "now you get nothing". 

He hates his life.  Oh, how he hates it.  Blind items here, a weight loss crusade there, a clothing design scheme here, hazy dreams of New Orleans there.  He HATES his life as he currently lives it.

Edited by bethster2000
  • Love 15
4 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

He hates his life.  Oh, how he hates it.  Blind items here, a weight loss crusade there, a clothing design scheme here, hazy dreams of New Orleans there.  He HATES his life as he currently lives it.

ITA and I think the general malaise he feels is worse than it would have been without MTV because he's had a glimpse/taste of "the good life" that he's missing out on being saddled with Cate, Butch, Nova, and the rest of his life. I actually don't think he'd still be with Cate if it weren't for MTV, but he'd most likely be in a similarly unfulfilling relationship with some other small town MI girl, maybe with a couple more kids if she didn't have an MTV image to uphold, postpartum depression, and/or other issues to make her slow down on the procreation.

I think Tyler and his mom tell themselves that, if it weren't for Cate/etc., he'd be doing much more with his life/in a much better place, but I don't think that's true. Tyler has an inflated idea of his accomplishments and capabilities, but he's basically very lazy, unfocused, and unmotivated. He'd probably have a (pretty basic) job if it weren't for MTV, which would be some improvement over his current situation, but I don't he would have gone to college or excelled in any other way. He's accomplished pretty much nothing with the MTV money and opportunities. I question whether he could really be happy with a "normal" life because his idea of himself as "special" doesn't match up with his aptitude or efforts.

I actually think Cate might have had a better shot at "the good life" without MTV/Ty. If she and Tyler had broken up soon after Carly was born, she might have found a nice guy who was actually into her by now and I think she could be happy with a simple life in MI with a good guy who supported her around her emotional issues. She'd probably have a better relationship with Brandon and Teresa/more access to Carly if Ty weren't in the picture and she might be a better parent to subsequent offspring if she were in a better place in her relationship/life. I could see her being happy working at Walmart and/or getting a 5-year associate's degree and following whatever career path that put her on (unlike Tyler, who would always be thinking that he "deserved" better).

• Love 23

Ryan is a total waste, he sucks the fun out of everything and basically has nothing to offer. Mac wanted to be on TV really bad. They are quite the miserable couple.

Amber calling Leah, Boo Boo and Booger Butt makes me sick and shows that she is an out of touch dumbfuck. She is so fucking gross!

• Love 8
11 hours ago, TheRealT said:

IMO, Cate and Tyler would both be better off if they broke up, but I also see that there is a lot of truth to this. They are kind of sibling-spouses, not just because of April and Butch's relationship (though that adds to the dynamic). I totally see the lack of romantic chemistry between them and I believe that Tyler at least lusts in his heart/imagination for others, but it's not hard for me to believe that he also feels a genuine affection/connection/even sexual attraction for Cate.

Also, "mainstream media" does a lot to promote the idea that women (especially) who aren't thin, young, etc. are sexually repulsive to men, but it's just not true. In real life, many/most men are attracted to women who aren't attractive by Hollywood standards. Many "real men" are actually more attracted to women who "have some meat on their bones," don't look like Barbie dolls, or are otherwise "real" in ways that "perfect" thin, blonde, conventionally pretty women aren't. Even men who prefer "Barbie types" are often more than willing to have sex with women who don't fit that mold. All of that to say, although I don't think C & T are the most sexually aflame couple ever, I don't have a problem believing that they do have sex and I would actually guess that if one of them is less enthusiastic about sex it would be Cate (due to her many issues), not Tyler.

Perfectly stated, thank you.  I also think they'd be better off NOT together but the kind of bond they have won't be easily broken.  They've gone through childhood trauma together to the point where I'm not sure either of them has their own identity apart from the other.  It's kind of sad, really.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

SO funny that Ryan told Mac she was stupid for spending some money on a ring.   Because 10k a week on drugs was smart right, Rhiiine?  And Mac's bullshit about how "Maci actually answered the phone when Ryan called Bentley on his birthday".  Fuck you, Mac, we have been watching this show for 9 years.  We know all the times that Ryan has called and all the times he hasn't and all the times Maci has or hasn't answered. You don't need to change history in front of us.

I don't follow the show much outside of this or outside of watching it.  I don't follow them on any social media so I had no idea Catelynn was pregnant and then had a miscarriage. I can say that when she took that test super early and told him super early I thought she should slow down.  But who knows with the way they edit....maybe it had been a few months.

I'm guessing she probably had a chemical pregnancy.  She said it had been 3 weeks since she got her IUD out and on that ep I believe the doc said she should be ovulating soon.  So it would've been like RIGHT at when her period was due.   Those early tests kind of suck for that reason.  I had it happen twice when we were trying for our second.  There's nothing more depressing than seeing those lines then watching them slowly disappear over a few days.  I'm glad it happened to me though, because it led to me having to get testing and realizing I had a thyroid issue that needed to be addressed before I was able to carry another pregnancy to term.  Chemical pregnancies are quite common, though.   I didn't have a problem with her telling Tyler, but I did cringe when she told Nova.  That could've waited until things were a bit more...certain.  At least wait until you hear the heartbeat.

• Love 10

Finally!

I had guests here since late Monday. I was missing you all. When I had a chance, I checked in on my phone and gave "likes" here and there. One great thing about having guests is, my husband loves to take us out to eat. He gives me a break from having to cook. 

As for this show: 

This series should change its name from Teen Mom to Fertile Myrtle. All of these pregnancies...speechless. No one is in a position to be bringing a baby into their lives, assuming these pregnancies really occurred. Major side-eye goes out to Maci and Cate. There, I said it. Or in this case, I posted it. 

Tyler seems to have a black and white view on things. Either this or that, nothing in between. When he was telling Kim in the previous episode about his sleep issues, he mentioned he didn't want to take any medications, but he went to the extreme of throwing out the idea of entering a facility of some kind. Nothing in between such as visiting with a doctor and getting a check-up, trying various methods such as possibly cutting down on caffeine. Notice all the coffee and caffeinated-drinks he consumes. When Nova was having her little melt-down, his thought was she drink this or nothing at all. As if that was the only way to handle the situation. He didn't even think of trying to soothe his child or try and calm her down the way Cate was able to do. Not sure who mentioned it, but the Butch comparison is spot on.

Have we ever seen Tyler hold Nova, hug her, offer her any sort of affection? 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I'm guessing she probably had a chemical pregnancy.  She said it had been 3 weeks since she got her IUD out and on that ep I believe the doc said she should be ovulating soon.  So it would've been like RIGHT at when her period was due.   Those early tests kind of suck for that reason.  I had it happen twice when we were trying for our second.  There's nothing more depressing than seeing those lines then watching them slowly disappear over a few days.  I'm glad it happened to me though, because it led to me having to get testing and realizing I had a thyroid issue that needed to be addressed before I was able to carry another pregnancy to term.  Chemical pregnancies are quite common, though.   I didn't have a problem with her telling Tyler, but I did cringe when she told Nova.  That could've waited until things were a bit more...certain.  At least wait until you hear the heartbeat.

I totally agree.  Having fertility treatments, I learned about chemical pregnancy.  It probably happens more often than women think, just like early miscarriages.  I know Cate was excited, but why did they have to tell Nova?  Same thing with Amber.  Why did she have to tell everyone?  And her situation with Andrew is more tenuous.   What ever happened to waiting after the first trimester?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

I totally agree.  Having fertility treatments, I learned about chemical pregnancy.  It probably happens more often than women think, just like early miscarriages.  I know Cate was excited, but why did they have to tell Nova?  Same thing with Amber.  Why did she have to tell everyone?  And her situation with Andrew is more tenuous.   What ever happened to waiting after the first trimester?

Totally.  I was lucky enough to have one of those awesome bodies that IMMEDIATELY began putting on weight at a lighting fast pace with both my pregnancies so I didn't have the luxury of waiting until the second trimester (by both my second trimesters I looked about 7 months pregnant) but Cate is already carrying extra weight, so she totally could've pulled it off.  But...if she waited the cameras wouldn't have been there.  ;)

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Finally!

I had guests here since late Monday. I was missing you all. When I had a chance, I checked in on my phone and gave "likes" here and there. One great thing about having guests is, my husband loves to take us out to eat. He gives me a break from having to cook. 

As for this show: 

This series should change its name from Teen Mom to Fertile Myrtle. All of these pregnancies...speechless. No one is in a position to be bringing a baby into their lives, assuming these pregnancies really occurred. Major side-eye goes out to Maci and Cate. There, I said it. Or in this case, I posted it. 

Tyler seems to have a black and white view on things. Either this or that, nothing in between. When he was telling Kim in the previous episode about his sleep issues, he mentioned he didn't want to take any medications, but he went to the extreme of throwing out the idea of entering a facility of some kind. Nothing in between such as visiting with a doctor and getting a check-up, trying various methods such as possibly cutting down on caffeine. Notice all the coffee and caffeinated-drinks he consumes. When Nova was having her little melt-down, his thought was she drink this or nothing at all. As if that was the only way to handle the situation. He didn't even think of trying to soothe his child or try and calm her down the way Cate was able to do. Not sure who mentioned it, but the Butch comparison is spot on.

We missed you @GreatKazu!

I'm so happy you said what I was thinking. We know they are out of storylines and the cast will do anything to hang onto that MTV cash. They love the attention and sympathy as well.

Tyler wants to go to a 50k spa for insomnia. Like you said skip the middleman. I guess going to the doctor is beneath him. 

Tyler posted an ad for TR and it shows him throwing Nova up in the air. Maybe he considers that a form of affection!

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

Catelynn is an idiot. Bringing Nova into the situation was horrible. It's probably the only time Nova felt like she was part of her little family. It is also sad that the most attention she ever gets is when she is being a mini-model of Tierra-Reign or she is being prepped to be a big sister. 

Let me also point out how highly disgusted I was when Cate dared to mention having fertility issues. No, you don't get to throw that out there, bitch. You have a child. And you have a slew of issues that you need to take care of. You are in no position to be bringing another baby into your demented world. 

7 minutes ago, druzy said:

We missed you @GreatKazu!

I'm so happy you said what I was thinking. We know they are out of storylines and the cast will do anything to hang onto that MTV cash. They love the attention and sympathy as well.

Tyler wants to go to a 50k spa for insomnia. Like you said skip the middleman. I guess going to the doctor is beneath him. 

Tyler posted an ad for TR and it shows him throwing Nova up in the air. Maybe he considers that a form of affection!

I missed you, too!

I think storylines are just being made up prior to filming. It is hard to believe the Maci adoption story. Do you know what the timeline is about Cate's rehab stay and all of this stuff such as the pregnancy? 

Maybe Cate thought she was pregnant, had a heavy period and assumed she miscarried? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Catelynn is an idiot. Bringing Nova into the situation was horrible. It's probably the only time Nova felt like she was part of her little family. It is also sad that the most attention she ever gets is when she is being a mini-model of Tierra-Reign or she is being prepped to be a big sister. 

Let me also point out how highly disgusted I was when Cate dared to mention having fertility issues. No, you don't get to throw that out there, bitch. You have a child. And you have a slew of issues that you need to take care of. You are in no position to be bringing another baby into your demented world. 

All this.

Telling Nova breaks my heart since we know in real-time that Cate lost the pregnancy (or more likely, had a chemical pregnancy or Mirena Crash, as others have posted).  Granted, Nova is older now than my son was when I found out we were having our second, but we didn't tell him anything about having a baby until well into my second trimester.  I was terrified of how I'd ever explain to a tiny toddler what a miscarriage was or that he'd keep asking about "Baby" (He's 3 and he still calls his sister "Baby" rather than her name, which I adore and don't correct....SorryNotSorry).  He was 17 months old when his sister was born, so obviously Nova understands more at age 3.  But I was terrified of explaining it & having to explain it over and over to a small child whenever he asked, and my child was NOT as old/cognizant of what was going on when Cate told Nova. UGH. These people suck.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

All this.

Telling Nova breaks my heart since we know in real-time that Cate lost the pregnancy (or more likely, had a chemical pregnancy or Mirena Shock, as others have posted).  Granted, Nova is older now than my son was when I found out we were having our second, but we didn't tell him anything about having a baby until well into my second trimester.  I was terrified of how I'd ever explain to a tiny toddler what a miscarriage was or that he'd keep asking about "Baby" (He's 3 and he still calls his sister "Baby" rather than her name, which I adore and don't correct....SorryNotSorry).  He was 17 months old when his sister was born, so obviously Nova understands more at age 3.  But I was terrified of explaining it & having to explain it over and over to a small child whenever he asked, and my child was NOT as old/cognizant of what was going on when Cate told Nova. UGH. These people suck.

Definitely, these people suck.  Poor Nova. 

• Love 4

My heart goes out to those of you who have suffered with having to go through a miscarriage while no doubt frantically trying to take care of yourself and help your little ones understand. I can't imagine how frustrating that scene with Cate must've been to watch. 

In all sincerity and out of respect for those of you who have ever suffered any loss during pregnancy (and someone please tell me to go live on the Land if I'm out of line), what're the odds that Nova had any real understanding about Cate being "pregnant"?

Given the amount of attention, mental stimulation and interaction we see Nova receive, I wonder if she had any idea of what was going on? Perhaps Cate used Nova as a mere prop to tell Tyler "the news" and Nova went back to her everyday life of eating floor feces and learning to talk from the dog?

It wouldn't shock me if Cate simply bought the shirt, put it on Nova and said nothing else to her about mommy having a "baby in her belly."

That whole drink segment was straight up jarring. I'm sincerely shocked Tyler didn't Tweet on Mon night with some lame excuse about how "we didn't see XYZ before the cameras were rolling." (anyone know how their leg humpers responded?) Between the united front that was broken, and the "no means yes" lesson being taught, regardless of how tired Tyler will eventually claim to have been ($5 says that's his answer excuse when Dr. Drew brings it up at the reunion), there is no doubt that his freak out was subconsciously imprinted into Nova's brain. 

Most authentic legitimate asshole fathers who engage in verbal abuse of their children, like what we saw with Tyler, do such major psychological harm to their kids for a hell of a long time. It impairs some adults from reaching major benchmarks in life as well as a host of other psych-social developmental issues.

If that scene wasn't enough to convince Cate she did the right thing nine years ago, I don't know what else would. Age allegedly makes one wiser, but we know it didn't with those two morons. 

Cate needs to understand that after seeing that footage, Brandon & Teresa might be more reluctant to schedule visits...and that Carly will definitely never be allowed to ride anywhere in the minivan with them - ever!

• Love 11
On 1/31/2018 at 1:37 PM, lezlers said:

I actually really liked how Michael explained it to Deb (although you know Deb's narcissistic ass didn't actually take it in, despite her protestations to the contrary).  Sophia saw David verbally attack and deeply upset her mother.  No child would be comfortable participating in a celebration where her grandmother, who she also loves, is marrying a person who treats both her and her mother like shit.

David was also really creepy and inappropriate with Farrah. Remember that long hug he gave her? We've been speculating in Farrah's thread that the things Michael said, coupled with Farrah's behavior, indicates she may have been molested as a child. Speaking from experience, the trauma from that can often make you hyper-vigilant around men, even more so when it comes to your child. I think something about that dude really raises Farrah's hackles, and in her mind, she's likely just protecting Sophia. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 19
20 hours ago, snarts said:

So Mack bought herself a $10 ring?  Like an cubic zirconia fake engagement ring? ...and she wears it like it's some big ass diamond Ryan bought her when he proposed?  Did he even propose or did she just tell him they were getting married? 

Ryan probably got her a real ring. Then turned around and pawned it for drugs. 

19 hours ago, lezlers said:

There's more than one way of reacting to a pregnancy when you're actively trying to get pregnant.  Both of my children were planned, but my husband wasn't one to actually get excited about the kids until they were actually here.  When I showed him the positive test for our first child he just kind of said "cool."  When I asked him if that was it he said "well, we were trying so it's not like it was a surprise."  :/  (Whatevs, it was cool, my mom was excited enough for the both of us.)  With our second, I showed him the test and he reacted kind of like Tyler.  When I saw that second line my first thought was "finally!  Another squishy baby, squeeee!!!!"  His first thought was "oh god, here comes another year of not sleeping."  Incidentally, my husband is a fantastic father.  

My point is, drawing a "the whole thing is fake they never even had sex" from Tyler's reaction to the positive test is more than a bit of a stretch.

I agree. My husband and I tried for 1.5 years until we finally got pregnant with our first. We were really beginning to think kids weren't in the cards for us. When I came home on lunch break and took a test, his response? "We'll see." I shit you not. I was super excited, but he was so worried,  after all that time trying with no success, that it wouldn't stick. He didn't actually allow himself to get excited until my 20 week scan when we found out the gender and saw all was developing normally. 

I know Cate is gross, but it's there and if Tyler wants it he can close his eyes and think of England (I'll love anyone who gets that reference). I don't think it was entirely faked. Maybe re-staged or something. 

17 hours ago, cereality said:

And then Ryan and Mac proceed to make fun of the kid's sweater -- more than once. IIRC he has a late Oct/Nov birthday. TONS of adults are decorating for Christmas earlier and earlier now and stores have all their Christmas goods out practically after Labor Day. So if the kid wants to wear a Santa sweater on his birthday -- I wouldn't make a federal case of it. And then we go from there to calling him Michael Jackson bc he wears one glove playing football -- as the kid is defending himself justifying that he's QB so he needs it for his throwing hand . . . WTF Ryan??

I HATED how Ryan was snarking on his clothes!!! My kids wear Halloween shirts all year long. Bite me, Ryan. 

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. My husband and I tried for 1.5 years until we finally got pregnant with our first. We were really beginning to think kids weren't in the cards for us. When I came home on lunch break and took a test, his response? "We'll see." I shit you not. I was super excited, but he was so worried,  after all that time trying with no success, that it wouldn't stick. He didn't actually allow himself to get excited until my 20 week scan when we found out the gender and saw all was developing normally. 

I know Cate is gross, but it's there and if Tyler wants it he can close his eyes and think of England (I'll love anyone who gets that reference). I don't think it was entirely faked. Maybe re-staged or something. 

I HATED how Ryan was snarking on his clothes!!! My kids wear Halloween shirts all year long. Bite me, Ryan. 

MRs Doubtfire?

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

2 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

MRs Doubtfire?

I was thinking Outlander

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, Bridget said:

My heart goes out to those of you who have suffered with having to go through a miscarriage while no doubt frantically trying to take care of yourself and help your little ones understand. I can't imagine how frustrating that scene with Cate must've been to watch. 

In all sincerity and out of respect for those of you who have ever suffered any loss during pregnancy (and someone please tell me to go live on the Land if I'm out of line), what're the odds that Nova had any real understanding about Cate being "pregnant"?

Given the amount of attention, mental stimulation and interaction we see Nova receive, I wonder if she had any idea of what was going on? Perhaps Cate used Nova as a mere prop to tell Tyler "the news" and Nova went back to her everyday life of eating floor feces and learning to talk from the dog?

It wouldn't shock me if Cate simply bought the shirt, put it on Nova and said nothing else to her about mommy having a "baby in her belly."

That whole drink segment was straight up jarring. I'm sincerely shocked Tyler didn't Tweet on Mon night with some lame excuse about how "we didn't see XYZ before the cameras were rolling." (anyone know how their leg humpers responded?) Between the united front that was broken, and the "no means yes" lesson being taught, regardless of how tired Tyler will eventually claim to have been ($5 says that's his answer excuse when Dr. Drew brings it up at the reunion), there is no doubt that his freak out was subconsciously imprinted into Nova's brain. 

Most authentic legitimate asshole fathers who engage in verbal abuse of their children, like what we saw with Tyler, do such major psychological harm to their kids for a hell of a long time. It impairs some adults from reaching major benchmarks in life as well as a host of other psych-social developmental issues.

If that scene wasn't enough to convince Cate she did the right thing nine years ago, I don't know what else would. Age allegedly makes one wiser, but we know it didn't with those two morons. 

Cate needs to understand that after seeing that footage, Brandon & Teresa might be more reluctant to schedule visits...and that Carly will definitely never be allowed to ride anywhere in the minivan with them - ever!

A few things.  First, we saw Cate say to Nova that there was a baby in her belly so she definitely told her which was really dumb.  There's no way a three year old understands what a miscarriage is.  Maybe they're hoping Cate gets pregnant again or Nova forgets they said anything?  Who knows.

Also, I doubt Drew will say anything to Tyler at the reunion. Mostly because, and I'm going to probably annoy some people by saying this but whatever: it really wasn't that big of a deal.  When you're dealing with a toddler's various mood swings and fits day in and day out, you're going to lose your shit every now and again, especially when you're sleep deprived as Tyler keeps whining about.  People here are making a REALLY big deal out of a very small thing that happens in loving homes across America every day.  Parents lose their temper, they lash out.  The situation was resolved within minutes.   Accusing him of verbally abusing Nova is WAY over the top, based on what we saw.  I mean, if you're going to call Tyler abusive based on that incident, CPS is going to be even busier than they already are because I guarantee you they're going to be called out to 75% of all American homes.

I seriously don't get why everyone is SO up in arms about it.  Was it parenting goals?  No.  Could he have handled it better?  Of course.  Is Nova going to be permanently scarred from a 2 second snap from her father after swatting milk from her mother's hand?  Not even a little.  Kids are WAY more resilient than we give them credit for.

Damn you guys, making me a Tyler apologist!  I don't even like him!

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Gilmore Girls. 

I always thought it was first said by Queen Victoria, but a bit of research proved that to be wrong. It was pretty much made up by journalists.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

So glad things worked out for you. Fertility issues can be draining and mentally exhausting. My niece went through five years of trying before finally becoming pregnant.

As for Cate, there are no fertility issues. Tyler's reaction is what I might expect from someone who has gone through such a long process of trying to conceive. Those two barely had a conversation about having babies. What little was said by Tyler to Cate about getting pregnant came off so insincere. 

The whole thing with removing her IUD just reminds me of how Cate went and bought that pig. No thought whatsoever was put into the idea of owning a pig. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, lezlers said:

Many "real men" are actually more attracted to women who "have some meat on their bones," don't look like Barbie dolls, or are otherwise "real" in ways that "perfect" thin, blonde, conventionally pretty women aren't.

I've been married to mine for almost 22 years.

• Love 7

Many "real men" are actually more attracted to women who "have some meat on their bones," don't look like Barbie dolls, or are otherwise "real" in ways that "perfect" thin, blonde, conventionally pretty women aren't.

@lezlers Many men, depending on their sexual preference, can be attracted to all kinds of people regardless of their looks. 

We are talking about Tyler here. He has a long way to go before he is ever referred to as being a "real man."  Speculation will go from one extreme to another. C&T give plenty of reasons to question and speculate. MTV is notorious for hiding a lot of information from the camera and trying to portray people a certain way. They hid the fact that the majority of the girls on the show were smokers. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, druzy said:

he didn't want to take any medications, but he went to the extreme of throwing out the idea of entering a facility of some kind.

Taking medications doesn't get you a spread in InTouch magazine, a cover on People,  and fodder for Triumphant Twitter Tweets from some $50,000 per week spa "rehab."

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Finally!

As for this show: 

Missed u KAZ!!! Welcome back! 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, JuliesMommy said:

Missed u KAZ!!! Welcome back! 

Mwah! :-)  Missed you, too. I need my snark! 

48 minutes ago, bethster2000 said:

Taking medications doesn't get you a spread in InTouch magazine, a cover on People,  and fodder for Triumphant Twitter Tweets from some $50,000 per week spa "rehab."

Ah so true. I will go with that theory. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

@lezlers Many men, depending on their sexual preference, can be attracted to all kinds of people regardless of their looks. 

We are talking about Tyler here. He has a long way to go before he is ever referred to as being a "real man."  Speculation will go from one extreme to another. C&T give plenty of reasons to question and speculate. MTV is notorious for hiding a lot of information from the camera and trying to portray people a certain way. They hid the fact that the majority of the girls on the show were smokers. 

That wasn't me that you quoted.  :) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bethster2000 said:

There must be a glitch because that was @GreatKazu that you quoted:

gq.png

• Love 1
8 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

he didn't want to take any medications, but he went to the extreme of throwing out the idea of entering a facility of some kind.

@GreatKazu when @bethster2000 quoted you something on the motherboard went awry and showed that it quoted me

gq1.png

• Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 6:50 PM, Caracoa1 said:

I just don't understand why Catelynn wants to present to the public that she and Tyler have this hot sex life?  Tyler is a douche and not much to look at but I can see him hooking up with his young fans if he and Cate split...but Cate.....she is obese....her diet consists of quesadillas and fingernails....she doesn't appear to bathe, her clothes are for 40 yr olds, her facial features are so washed out from the excess weight....she is very needy and clingy...does she not see that?

The 40 year olds I know dress MUCH better than that. I am 37 myself and I wouldn't be caught dead in anything Cate wears. 

4 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

You know he bought one or more of her butthole molds.

Ooh! Thanks for the reminder! Something else I can buy and open on my new "crap I bought from trashy reality stars" You Tube channel! Not sure what I can do with it, though... Plug up the opening and use it as a candy dish for Halloween?

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

The 40 year olds I know dress MUCH better than that. I am 37 myself and I wouldn't be caught dead in anything Cate wears. 

Ooh! Thanks for the reminder! Something else I can buy and open on my new "crap I bought from trashy reality stars" You Tube channel! Not sure what I can do with it, though... Plug up the opening and use it as a candy dish for Halloween?

Buy something from Tierra-Reign and then use it as a doily for the candy dish butt mold. Or better yet, use it to wipe down the butt mold. lol That will blow Cate's mind. It will probably cause her to run back to that rehab place. 

I mean, if you're going to call Tyler abusive based on that incident, CPS is going to be even busier than they already are because I guarantee you they're going to be called out to 75% of all American homes.

I missed your post earlier. 

People can be verbally abusive without CPS paying a visit. The arguing that occurred between Butch and C&T years ago was verbally abusive and horrific. CPS wouldn't intervene in such a matter. CPS intervenes in the most extreme cases. Being a verbally abusive adult to children creates a dysfunctional atmosphere or happens in an already dysfunctional atmosphere. CPS and the courts are not about dysfunctional parenting.   

I am not saying Taylor was verbally abusive in that scene, and I am not sure anyone posted such a thing although, I could have missed it. I noted he was short-tempered. We saw this when he took out his temper on the puppy who had an accident. The only difference is, he didn't put his hands on Nova the way he did the puppy, although, I think he would have spanked her if the camera crew had not been there. To what extreme he would have spanked her? I don't know. 

Just reading how crude and rude he can be on social media, and the anger he emits from time to time, I don't think it is a stretch to view him as one who is verbally abusive. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

People can be verbally abusive without CPS paying a visit. The arguing that occurred between Butch and C&T years ago was verbally abusive and horrific. CPS wouldn't intervene in such a matter. CPS intervenes in the most extreme cases. Being a verbally abusive adult to children creates a dysfunctional atmosphere or happens in an already dysfunctional atmosphere. CPS and the courts are not about dysfunctional parenting.   

I see this a lot on other boards, people wondering if CPS should be called. Over on the "90 Day Fiance" board, there's a dumbass named Nicole who's dating a Moroccan named Azzan. Nicole has a toddler, May, and is threatening her parents (the grandpaents of May) that she'll take the toddler and move to Morocco if his visa isn't approved. Nicole is an asshat who leaves the majority of the childrearing to her mother. She has no business parenting that child full time (she really is that bad), much less taking her to a foreign country, away from everything she knows. People on that board are like, "Someone should call CPS!" Why? She may have no business uprooting May and moving there but it's still her RIGHT. And thank God it is. The day that the government starts determining when and where we're allowed to travel to and live with our children is going to be a sorry day indeed. (Now, on the other hand, if her mom wants to step in and prove that Nicole is an unfit mother and neglectful of her child, I would totally support that. my point is that CPS can't be called in just because someone we don't like is making what we think is a bad decision.)

You are correct in that there is a difference between dysfunctional parenting, or even the "culture" of a home, and actual abuse. On my first day on the job our boss was like, "Seeing or hearing the parents screaming at the kids is not a sign of abuse. That may just be the way their household culture works-everyone yells. You may not agree with it, but that's not for us to decide. Now, if they're yelling at the kids and telling them that they are worthless, that they deserve to die, etc. then that is a different story. That crosses over into emotional abuse."

CPS is eye-deep in cases. Too few workers and too many families in need. As you said, they only intervene in extreme situations. Injury to the child would almost have to occur first and, even then, they may not open a case. I worked with some families who lived in absolutely vile conditions, the kids suffering from obvious neglect, and they were still in the home (the kids). It takes a LOT to get CPS involved and even more to get the kids removed. 

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I see this a lot on other boards, people wondering if CPS should be called. Over on the "90 Day Fiance" board, there's a dumbass named Nicole who's dating a Moroccan named Azzan. Nicole has a toddler, May, and is threatening her parents (the grandpaents of May) that she'll take the toddler and move to Morocco if his visa isn't approved. Nicole is an asshat who leaves the majority of the childrearing to her mother. She has no business parenting that child full time (she really is that bad), much less taking her to a foreign country, away from everything she knows. People on that board are like, "Someone should call CPS!" Why? She may have no business uprooting May and moving there but it's still her RIGHT. And thank God it is. The day that the government starts determining when and where we're allowed to travel to and live with our children is going to be a sorry day indeed. (Now, on the other hand, if her mom wants to step in and prove that Nicole is an unfit mother and neglectful of her child, I would totally support that. my point is that CPS can't be called in just because someone we don't like is making what we think is a bad decision.)

You are correct in that there is a difference between dysfunctional parenting, or even the "culture" of a home, and actual abuse. On my first day on the job our boss was like, "Seeing or hearing the parents screaming at the kids is not a sign of abuse. That may just be the way their household culture works-everyone yells. You may not agree with it, but that's not for us to decide. Now, if they're yelling at the kids and telling them that they are worthless, that they deserve to die, etc. then that is a different story. That crosses over into emotional abuse."

CPS is eye-deep in cases. Too few workers and too many families in need. As you said, they only intervene in extreme situations. Injury to the child would almost have to occur first and, even then, they may not open a case. I worked with some families who lived in absolutely vile conditions, the kids suffering from obvious neglect, and they were still in the home (the kids). It takes a LOT to get CPS involved and even more to get the kids removed. 

Word. Well put. 

Pointing out that someone on the show is verbally abusive doesn't mean it is also being said or implied CPS needs to step in. 

I recall just a few weeks ago, someone I know through volunteer work, had posted a story on Facebook about witnessing a mother who was yelling at her young child in the laundry mat. She rambled on about the need for CPS to intervene and how that child is likely being abused, and so on. I reminded her that the mother was likely having a bad day, possibly hormonal, she was probably dealing with some major cramps, or maybe she is having problems at home, who knows. I informed her that unless she knew this person and saw more than just yelling, her claims that this parent needed a visit by CPS was ludicrous. I reminded her that many parents have shouted or yelled at their kids. I remember when my youngest had accidentally started a fire in the backyard. I was so scared, I began to yell at him. I felt so bad afterwards, but in the moment all I could think of was our home was going to burn down and he could have been injured. That doesn't happen on the regular.

As we are watching the show, Tyler is complaining about lack of sleep, feeling edgy, he is making all kinds of claims of mental and physical issues. Could that be why he snapped at Nova? Maybe so. Is he feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Possibly. I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt as I did with the mother I mentioned up above. However, Tyler has shown to have a short fuse. 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Word. Well put. 

Pointing out that someone on the show is verbally abusive doesn't mean it is also being said or implied CPS needs to step in. 

I recall just a few weeks ago, someone I know through volunteer work, had posted a story on Facebook about witnessing a mother who was yelling at her young child in the laundry mat. She rambled on about the need for CPS to intervene and how that child is likely being abused, and so on. I reminded her that the mother was likely having a bad day, possibly hormonal, she was probably dealing with some major cramps, or maybe she is having problems at home, who knows. I informed her that unless she knew this person and saw more than just yelling, her claims that this parent needed a visit by CPS was ludicrous. I reminded her that many parents have shouted or yelled at their kids. I remember when my youngest had accidentally started a fire in the backyard. I was so scared, I began to yell at him. I felt so bad afterwards, but in the moment all I could think of was our home was going to burn down and he could have been injured. That doesn't happen on the regular.

As we are watching the show, Tyler is complaining about lack of sleep, feeling edgy, he is making all kinds of claims of mental and physical issues. Could that be why he snapped at Nova? Maybe so. Is he feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Possibly. I would love to give him the benefit of the doubt as I did with the mother I mentioned up above. However, Tyler has shown to have a short fuse. 

Sometimes I take a step back and wonder what an outsider would think of MY life and interactions with my kids. I mean, obviously I'm a perfect Pinterest-worthy parent but, you know...haters gonna hate. :-P Seriously, though, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt when I can. 

Tyler has been shown to have a short fuse. Makes me wonder what he's like off camera. Considering what those kids grew up with, and the fact that they've never had real counseling for it...Still. That's just speculation at this point. He truly may have just been having a bad day and almost never does that. Hard to say with these shows. (Jenelle, on the other hand, I have zero trouble believing that she and David are awful and scary parents-to the point where Other Grandma is even stepping in. Now that's scary crap._

• Love 10
13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I am lost. lol 

@lezlers this is what I see. It shows your name. Whose quote is this then? Crazy boards. lol

lezlers quote.jpg

I have no clue but it wasn't me!  The boards are going nuts!   I mean, I posted that same sentiment, but those weren't my words.  Weird.

12 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Buy something from Tierra-Reign and then use it as a doily for the candy dish butt mold. Or better yet, use it to wipe down the butt mold. lol That will blow Cate's mind. It will probably cause her to run back to that rehab place. 

I missed your post earlier. 

I am not saying Taylor was verbally abusive in that scene, and I am not sure anyone posted such a thing although, I could have missed it. I noted he was short-tempered. We saw this when he took out his temper on the puppy who had an accident. The only difference is, he didn't put his hands on Nova the way he did the puppy, although, I think he would have spanked her if the camera crew had not been there. To what extreme he would have spanked her? I don't know. 

Just reading how crude and rude he can be on social media, and the anger he emits from time to time, I don't think it is a stretch to view him as one who is verbally abusive. 

Oh, I know.  I was responding to the poster I quoted in my post who was describing Tyler in that scene, then started talking about asshole dads who verbally abuse their kids.   As a non-perfect parent myself who is married to another non-perfect parent who has said that very thing or close to it after a long day of non-stop temper tantrums, I took offense to that.  Saying "you don't get none," outside of being a grammatical mess, is hardly abusive.  Butch and April were verbally abusive.  Adam was verbally abusive to Chelsea.  Telling a child who just knocked milk out of her mom's hand "fine, you don't get anything then!" is just an average, tired parent at their wits end who lost their cool.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, mamadrama said:

This was entirely my point!  I had said that what Tyler said WASN'T abusive and if it WAS considered abuse, CPS would be REALLY busy because this kind of thing happens quite regularly in the average American home.  

I think I was really taken out of context here.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

This was entirely my point!  I had said that what Tyler said WASN'T abusive and if it WAS considered abuse, CPS would be REALLY busy because this kind of thing happens quite regularly in the average American home.  

I think I was really taken out of context here.

Awww sweetie, we are supporting your point that what happened was not CPS worthy.   

• Love 4
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I have no clue but it wasn't me!  The boards are going nuts!   I mean, I posted that same sentiment, but those weren't my words.  Weird.

I went back and looked. @TheRealT said it, and you quoted her (I think? RealTI guess I don't know if you are a her or a him but I assume like 90% of the posters here are women), and then the original quote got ascribed to you when another poster quoted the paragraph. I'm such a nerd and also bored at work.

As far as the point of the quote, I don't think Tyler is remotely sexually attracted to Cate, and it's not about her weight (I'd be more turned off by the greasy hair, lethargic attitude, and the nail chewing, honestly). That doesn't mean I think he isn't deeply emotionally attached to her, but I bet he has to be drunk (although not TOO drunk) before any sex happens. For that matter, it wouldn't surprise me if Cate isn't really sexually attracted to Tyler either. As entrenched as these two are with each other, I think they are both also completely sick of each other.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Tatum said:

As far as the point of the quote, I don't think Tyler is remotely sexually attracted to Cate, and it's not about her weight (I'd be more turned off by the greasy hair, lethargic attitude, and the nail chewing, honestly). That doesn't mean I think he isn't deeply emotionally attached to her, but I bet he has to be drunk (although not TOO drunk) before any sex happens. For that matter, it wouldn't surprise me if Cate isn't really sexually attracted to Tyler either. As entrenched as these two are with each other, I think they are both also completely sick of each other.

They have been together since they were children.  So it's been...what...14 or 15 years together?  And they've done a lot in that time (babies, adoption, parental woes, marriage graduating high school, a TV show), not to mention all the sex they had as kids!  They probably aren't trying anything new in that department. 

But it's not like they travel the world, have interesting jobs (or any jobs), or interests outside the marriage.  Their friends are probably people they have known most of their lives.  Tyler seems a little more curious than Catelynn, but they are both so entrenched (great word @Tatum) that their rut just gets deeper and deeper.  They don't introduce anything new into their lives to challenge them.  A new house?  Okay, I guess, but it's in the same place they have always lived.  Catelynn is trying to convince us that she is now an equestrian.  But that's a fairly solitary activity and Tyler isn't interested in it.  Even having another baby won't help them.  Their rut is worse than anything I have seen with older married couples.  

Edited by Marisagf
Paragraphs, yo!
  • Love 7
20 minutes ago, Tatum said:

I went back and looked. @TheRealT said it, and you quoted her (I think? RealTI guess I don't know if you are a her or a him but I assume like 90% of the posters here are women), and then the original quote got ascribed to you when another poster quoted the paragraph. I'm such a nerd and also bored at work.

Re: MisattributedQuoteGate, yes, that's what happened. And yes, I'm a her.

Re: C&T's sex life <<shudder>>, my point was that, though I agree that they are sorely lacking in sexual/romantic chemistry, it's not hard for me to believe that they have sex or, more specifically, that Tyler is sexually attracted to Cate. I don't think he thinks about her all the time or can't keep his hands off of her, but they have a deep connection and I can believe that him enjoying sex with her on some level is part of that. There's also just the convenience- she's the easiest person for him to have sex with and the only person he's "supposed" to be having sex with. If he's not having sex with Cate, his options are to be celibate (and I believe there is truth to the 'date with his hand' "joke") or to cheat, which would take a lot of trouble and effort, so that plays into it too. I don't think Tyler is "hot for" Cate, but I don't think he necessarily has to go to great lengths to force himself to have sex with her either. Even married people who hate their spouses or are gay often willingly have sex just because people like sex and, in many cases, appreciate whatever they can get.

• Love 8

I think Tyler is like a lot of people - he's down to have sex with anyone who is down to have sex with him.  Cate is right there under his nose and willing to sleep with him.  The appeal of longterm relationships for a lot of people is that you don't have to pursue someone for/work for sex.  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Awww sweetie, we are supporting your point that what happened was not CPS worthy.   

In my defense, I have a terrible head cold and was forced to give up coffee by my doctor.  I'm basically living in a fuzzy cloud.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, lezlers said:

In my defense, I have a terrible head cold and was forced to give up coffee by my doctor.  I'm basically living in a fuzzy cloud.

Take care of yourself! So many illnesses are going around. Hope you feel better soon.  

I know how it feels when trying to post here with fuzzy thoughts. It is like slurred-typing. 

• Love 5