Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Was he old and going to be put down? I mean, that happens all the time with old pets. By "stand by", do you mean he stood there watching while they dug the grave? Because that would be a bit weird, but he wouldn't know it was for him.

Meri had a large yellow labrador type dog in the very first season of the show, there was an episode where the whole family was working outside in the yard and Kody made a crack about Meri's clueless, stupid dog because it wasn't brilliant like the ranch dogs he grew up with.  It was a lovable family pet and if I remember it clearly it was Janelle who got the dog and gave it to Meri. 

Jump forward to Las Vegas days and there was an episode where Meri said the dog was aging and had trouble with its joints and was having trouble with holding its bladder, but didn't go into exact medical details.  There was a big family ta do tho where she and Kody had made up their minds to euthanize the dog, but Mariah was having a lot of trouble and didn't think it was right.  They basically told all the little kids and everyone is bawling and gathering around the dog and taking turns taking their photo with the dog before Meri and Kody headed out to take him back to Utah to have a vet euthanize him and then they buried him at the Lehi house.

It may have been editing, it was a bit macabre but there was a scene with Kody digging the grave and Meri watching and then they showed them gathered in the backyard with the Vet and an assistant examining the dog. It DID look like Kody dug the grave before the vet came and made final decisions, but who really knows with how they edit the actual timelines. 

From the point of view of the viewer it didn't look like the dog was anything but an aging dog, there could have been a lot more going on that we weren't told.  I have an elderly Pug and caring for him is a round the clock full time job.  He is 14 years old and I know he won't be with me much longer, but I do all I can for him.  Choosing to euthanize is never an easy decision.  There was just something about how Meri discussed it on camera, she did come off as cold and as though she wasn't willing to care for the dog and just put it down for her convenience.  Whether it was that way or not we don't know, but she gave that impression and it never settled well with viewers and the subject does come back up on occasion.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Was he old and going to be put down? I mean, that happens all the time with old pets. By "stand by", do you mean he stood there watching while they dug the grave? Because that would be a bit weird, but he wouldn't know it was for him.

It does happen all the time with older pets and sometimes, if they are in pain that cannot be relieved, it's the kindest thing to do.

You are right, he probably didn't know it was for him, it just seemed terribly callous to me.  I'm just glad he was old and tired and didn't attempt to join in the dig.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ok, as an animal person - too cute!  Is it bad of me to look at the dog on the left and my automatic thought was, Look how dirty his feet are!  LOL.  Also someone get a chair cover for that chair - ick.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

The dog's name was Drake. He peed on Meri's floor and she got tired of him. 

As Kody was digging the grave Drake was walking around and wagging his tail. 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-s05ep05-mourning-loss-and.html

There might have been something wrong with him, but why use the poor dog for ratings?

Because there is NOTHING these people won't exploit for money and their version of fame.  Everything is a show to these people.  

Fortunately I missed the episode with the dog.  Maybe there's something wrong with me, but it seems as if exploiting the death of their dog is worse than all of the exploitation they've done with their children.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ok, as an animal person - too cute!  Is it bad of me to look at the dog on the left and my automatic thought was, Look how dirty his feet are!  LOL.  Also someone get a chair cover for that chair - ick.

This is the carpet where Axel learned to crawl and walk.  

Oh well, according to their midwife, a little bacteria is good for baby.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This is the carpet where Axel learned to crawl and walk.  

Oh well, according to their midwife, a little bacteria is good for baby.

So Axel will be one of the healthiest babies on the planet.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

The dog's name was Drake. He peed on Meri's floor and she got tired of him. 

As Kody was digging the grave Drake was walking around and wagging his tail. 

http://cynicaljinxwelcome.blogspot.com/2012/12/review-s05ep05-mourning-loss-and.html

There might have been something wrong with him, but why use the poor dog for ratings?

I keep trying to forget about this episode. The tail wagging! I couldn't take it!

• Love 4

Bacteria are impossible to avoid. You are already colonized with billions of bacteria. In fact have more bacterial cells than human cells. Kids need to eat dirt.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

^ Interesting.  I've been to the Unicorn a handful of times, occasionally with friends that are even older than Meri, and I'm straight.  Nobody there cares what you look like, how old you are, or what your orientation is.  (Although I'm fairly sure Cap Hill hasn't seen that much LulaRoe before or since.)  I'm glad that Meri seems to be realizing it's not about her, for once.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

If that is, indeed, true, why wasn't it a storyline?

Maybe that's for next season since the trend seems to be to pretend we don't know crap that's already been on the Internet.  Good heavens, the Golden Grandchild was a year old before we saw the Big Birthing Sideshow.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Why not do it again for the almighty buck?

Just to play the devil's advocate, it would be a tough decision for Koodie.  He believes he's in total control and is the most adorable, intelligent, irresistible thang on the face of the earth.  So to get turned down and have that captured on film would be a huge blow to his massive ego.  

On the other hand, we've seen that these nimrods would do pretty much anything to keep the TLC train rolling including selling out the privacy of their own children.  So there's that....

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

If that is, indeed, true, why wasn't it a storyline? It would have made things more interesting that most of the shit we have watched the past season. I would have given anything to see Kody shot down by a 25 year old gal.

Hmmm, another divorcee with a ready made family.  I wonder if Kody would have considered divorcing Robyn to adopt new wife's kiddies...

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Just to play the devil's advocate, it would be a tough decision for Koodie.  He believes he's in total control and is the most adorable, intelligent, irresistible thang on the face of the earth.  So to get turned down and have that captured on film would be a huge blow to his massive ego.  

Exactly. He would court a woman just KNOWING she would accept a marriage proposal from the Wonderful Kody Brown, who has been proving that he is the greatest husband and father ever on TV for 7 years. It wouldn't even enter his little lizard brain that any woman would turn him down. So it would be TV gold for TLC and us to see him getting turned down. And to also see the wives deal with him courting her and the subsequent Kodouche Meltdown after being turned down.

OK, now I'm really hoping this has happened! Yeah, yeah, I know, hell, handbasket, etc.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

If they are not his biological kids, do they make the cut on the planet count?

If the 25 yr. old object of his affection was smart, she could have pulled a Robyn and commissioned a "pitcher" to prove they had all been together since the beginning.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Galloway Cave said:

I would have given anything to see Kody shot down by a 25 year old gal.

Whether this is true or a tabloid creation, I hope the Big Love writers get some royalties.  The recycled plotlines just keep coming.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Whether this is true or a tabloid creation, I hope the Big Love writers get some royalties.  The recycled plotlines just keep coming.  

Well, Big Love just used plot lines out of real life plyg life! That's the way these people roll.....

2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

If that is, indeed, true, why wasn't it a storyline? It would have made things more interesting that most of the shit we have watched the past season. I would have given anything to see Kody shot down by a 25 year old gal.

I agree.  This was mentioned in the tabloids more than a year ago, probably closer to two.  That he was seeing a woman with kids and had proposed to her.  Sounds like she wasn't going to put up with being run over by another sister wife.

1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I agree.  This was mentioned in the tabloids more than a year ago, probably closer to two.  That he was seeing a woman with kids and had proposed to her.  Sounds like she wasn't going to put up with being run over by another sister wife.

If it wasn't in People Mag it didn't happen!  IMO Robyn's ex-bestie Kendra sells stories to the rag tabs pretty frequently.

ETA - The article claims Meri moved out of the cul de sac in Dec.  Nope, she's still in her Vegas house, because that's where she does her LLR business based on her FB lives.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Indeed.  I speculate that what we see of the Brown's lives on their reality show has very little semblance to their "real" lives and how they genuinely interact, and more to do with made up plot lines.  There is nothing real about reality TV.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bustle/i-was-on-reality-tv-faking-real-life_b_4823714.html

Edited by kicotan
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, kicotan said:

Indeed.  I speculate that what we see of the Brown's lives on their reality show has very little semblance to their "real" lives and how they genuinely interact, and more to do with made up plot lines.  There is nothing real about reality TV.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/bustle/i-was-on-reality-tv-faking-real-life_b_4823714.html

This was a good read!  I suspect the first season we saw the Browns.  The second season we saw the beginning of the producers reshaping their characters that they would eventually play.  By the third season it was mostly characters with little bits here and there.

Meri has alluded to the fact that "you only see what is on tv" and "I can't remember the storylines" because it all happened too long ago, several times on her twitter posts.  No one else has really broken character in their social media posts like Meri has. 

Kody is an ass and I think the producers don't have to direct him to act that way....they just catch it on camera. I also think something that has stood out has been the fact that Robyn was really up front and center for a long time.  Lots of talk for a long time in the forum etc has been on her need to talk over the other wives, answer all the questions about the proper way that the polygamists do things and put herself at the resident expert on all things Brown.  Then...there was her friendship with that nutter Kendra that I think really taught her a hard lesson about the nutters that are out there online.  I remember reading about some meltdowns she had on facebook and late night twitter activity that really sounded bizarre to me.  After that Robyn went real quiet.  You didn't see her on social media much and she wasn't front and center (or her kids) on the show as much.  It used to be her daughter Aurora (the older one) was right there flinging her arms around everyone and running to be first to scream and jump and stand out...then that kind of tapered off.  I also think Robyn more than any other of the wives is online reading everything.  She even made reference to her old nickname "Sobbin Robyn" on one of those "tell nothing" shows.

Robyn's wacko behavior online was about the same time that Meri was flirting online as well.  I think Robyn and Meri both learned an important lesson about wackos in the real world.  Meri's details came out publicly, but only because of the level of wacko that was her Batman Girl where Robyn's wacko was more behind the scenes until Kendra started playing a front role with Meri's nutter. 

When the Big Love storylines ran out they had to come up with their own.  Weddings and babies are a given, I think the whole Meri and Janelle therapy crap is most likely a small amount of real with a whole lot of fabricated machinations.  They had issues, they admit to that, and it's obvious here and there that those issues are under the surface.  I suspect that is why Nancy is such a poor therapist on camera because her role is just that...sit there, look like a therapist and...well.....look like a therapist. 

I also have a feeling that Kody spends a lot of time coming up with ideas for things for the show.  I have always thought that Meri's humiliation on camera with what she developed into her fake storyline about the catfish was her punishment for her role in the whole fiasco.  I don't think they were going to talk about it at all until Catfish lady started putting everything online for the world to see.  I also have always wondered if before things went online if there wasn't some kind of monetary demand from JO and that is why everything went public.  Every story about JO from other people has always been about conning money in the end, but Meri's story never had a money demand attached to it, but I have always wondered if there wasn't something like that that was kept hush hush.  Except for being a sicko...the ONLY reason to keep the texts and voicemails etc is to hold onto sensitive information for blackmail.  JO's story is that she is a long time sicko doing the same thing to a lot of people the same way for many years.

I think what we see on the show is only small seeds of actuality with a whole lot of bullshit.  Janelle could grow some great tomatoes with all that bullshit...

• Love 7

My take on it is this:  If the original intent was to show polygamy in a positive way and they truly believe in it then the first season was more toward that point.  Beyond that, if everything is totally fake, they sold out their religion, their beliefs, their integrity, and their family for the almighty dollar.  

Personally, I don't think these people are good enough to act completely the opposite of what they are really like on a daily basis.  While the story lines may be set by the production staff they are still acting, for the most part, like they act every other day.  Their twitting and postings back that up.

It would take all of the money in the Treasury for me to act out fake scripts and come across as clueless as this show depicts the Brown Brain Trust.

And don't forget, that linked blog entry above was for a pilot.  There was no show so we don't know how much extra crap is added just to sell the premise.  

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

And don't forget, that linked blog entry above was for a pilot.  There was no show so we don't know how much extra crap is added just to sell the premise.  

I included it as an example of "reality" shows, in general.  I've spent too much time hanging out with Hollywood workers-not the "stars", but the camera folks, boom operators, on set make-up artists/manicurists, background music makers~folks who never get screen time, but have actual experience in the making of the fake reality of "reality" TV.

The pilots that are shot and shopped are a dime a dozen and most don't ever go anywhere.  The majority that get bought and aired are of the "who you know and who you blow" variety with the premise being a big dollop of scandal, taboos and sex.   For example, if it wasn't for Kim Kardashian "leaking" a sex tape, most of us wouldn't know who the hell she and most of her family are and keeping up with them wouldn't have made anyone any money.

I don't believe for a minute that the original premise was to show polygamy in a positive way.  Just like "Naked and Afraid" wasn't produced to show nudity in a positive way, or 19 and counting was designed to show the absence of birth control in a positive way.  As evidenced by the majority of posts here and on social media, the pearl clutching and outrage is real~that's what the networks want, buy and sell.

Just my 2 centavos.

Edited by kicotan
Clarity
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

My take on it is this:  If the original intent was to show polygamy in a positive way and they truly believe in it then the first season was more toward that point.  Beyond that, if everything is totally fake, they sold out their religion, their beliefs, their integrity, and their family for the almighty dollar.  

Personally, I don't think these people are good enough to act completely the opposite of what they are really like on a daily basis.  While the story lines may be set by the production staff they are still acting, for the most part, like they act every other day.  Their twitting and postings back that up.

It would take all of the money in the Treasury for me to act out fake scripts and come across as clueless as this show depicts the Brown Brain Trust.

Just watch a little of Meri's LLR live sales. She's as sour a person there as she is on the show. 

6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Just watch a little of Meri's LLR live sales. She's as sour a person there as she is on the show. 

And she's one of their top sellers, and got to go on a paid cruise?  Gawd, those people are pathetic.  Why do people pay to be abused by a ZeeList celebrity?

I'll never understand shit like that.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, kicotan said:

I included it as an example of "reality" shows, in general.  I've spent too much time hanging out with Hollywood workers-not the "stars", but the camera folks, boom operators, on set make-up artists/manicurists, background music makers~folks who never get screen time, but have actual experience in the making of the fake reality of "reality" TV.

The pilots that are shot and shopped are a dime a dozen and most don't ever go anywhere.  The majority that get bought and aired are of the "who you know and who you blow" variety with the premise being a big dollop of scandal, taboos and sex.   For example, if it wasn't for Kim Kardashian "leaking" a sex tape, most of us wouldn't know who the hell she and most of her family are and keeping up with them wouldn't have made anyone any money.

I don't believe for a minute that the original premise was to show polygamy in a positive way.  Just like "Naked and Afraid" wasn't produced to show nudity in a positive way, or 19 and counting was designed to show the absence of birth control in a positive way.  As evidenced by the majority of posts here and on social media, the pearl clutching and outrage is real~that's what the networks want and buy.

Just my 2 centavos.

Sister Wives exists because Big Love existed. 

Puddlemonkey came up with the idea in 2009 they asked around and found the Browns, then pitched the idea to TLC.

http://puddlemonkey.tv/mobilemonkey.html

2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

And she's one of their top sellers, and got to go on a paid cruise?  Gawd, those people are pathetic.  Why do people pay to be abused by a ZeeList celebrity?

I'll never understand shit like that.

Only the cruise is paid for by LLR. Transportation costs aren't included. From what I read there were approximately 3,000 people on board. 

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Sister Wives exists because Big Love existed. 

Puddlemonkey came up with the idea in 2009 they asked around and found the Browns, then pitched the idea to TLC.

http://puddlemonkey.tv/mobilemonkey.html

Only the cruise is paid for by LLR. Transportation costs aren't included. From what I read there were approximately 3,000 people on board. 

Thank you for that link!  I was a Big Love watcher, and it's interesting to know the origins of Sister Wives.

I have never heard of Puddlemonkey before.

We will get to watch and hate watch for another season, it seems.  I'll be DVRing tonight,  and watching/snarking in the a.m.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

We will get to watch and hate watch for another season, it seems.

Haven't watch in years, these people activate my gag reflex just looking at them. Sign me on for the snark based on LilWarveyGal's recaps though

• Love 3

Still no thread for Three Wives One Husband???

Why?

17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Yes.  That's when I quit watching.  Disgusting.

when did this happen? They are all dicks but I cant BELIEVE they would stoop this low...fuck 

Edited by Christi
3 minutes ago, Christi said:

when did this happen?

Second season as I recall. It was heartbreaking to see the dog walking around wagging his tail as they were planning on killing him off.

• Love 2