Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Rena and Lee's Story - LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Run Rena he is an abusive ass who was nice for 11 years because he needed you. Manipulating abusive pos!

...and lets subtract the weight...he will still be an abusive asshole...no win there.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, 55Unicorns said:

I felt the need to respond to your post because, YES, you're RIGHT.  Everything you said is right.  BUT...that is NO excuse for treating your children that way, and I WILL not even think it's OKAY.

AMEN!!!!!!  I was raised by a lunatic so I can speak from personal experience. I’m lucky I didn’t end up like Rena!

• Love 5

Poor Rena.  She really looked pretty with her makeup on.  I wish she could have her front teeth fixed.  I wonder how Lee physically abused her.  I sincerely doubt Lee would be very attentive post surgery. I hope the friend stays around a bit longer for Rena if not Lee.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, hoosiermom said:

if she leaves him can she have her surgery?

I don’t think so, I think the issue is she doesn’t have anyone to support her if she leaves him, I think if she had another person to help her he would do the surgery i she left him though

• Love 1

Love Dr Now, but not sure he should be asking Rena to make Lee come to therapy. People either will or they won't. Sometimes if you make them, they will just sit there and not cooperate. This isn't about him. Let her talk to a therapist and let Dr Now's office or the therapist help find her somewhere else to stay if necessary. Please don't make Rena's journey about Lee. 

Also, did y'all catch that Lee wondered if Rena and David were up to something? Typical. Just typical. My very controlling step-father used to pull that crap with my mother. It was fine when she worked all day, because he knew where she was. When she took early retirement, he was calling all the time to 'check up' on her.  It used to drive me nuts. 

Watching Lee at the therapist's. Of course he's blaming it on her not paying enough attention to her. And it's OK for him to hit her because she 'may' call him names? What a prince - "I never punched her...."        Run, Rena, run.

• Love 7
Just now, 55Unicorns said:

Even LEAVING the therapist... "help me up"...she is nothing but a tool to him...

Which is why he's suddenly all "I love you". The look on his face when she weighed and she'd lost MORE weight than asked and hadn't had the surgery. He was not expecting that and really not happy for her at all. He doesn't want to lose her - someone to fetch for him, someone to yell at, to take out his anger and frustration on... he doesn't give a tinker's damn about her as a person. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, 55Unicorns said:

I felt the need to respond to your post because, YES, you're RIGHT.  Everything you said is right.  BUT...that is NO excuse for treating your children that way, and I WILL not even think it's OKAY.

It's never okay to mistreat anyone, adult or child, and I would never suggest that it is. But I don't think it's okay to HATE someone for the fact that they have a mental ilness.  It is the hatred and fear of people suffering with mental illness that results in stigma and lack of effective treatment programs   It is because if this hatred that the mentally ill and their famlies, like Rene, suffer in silence.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Threnners said:

And now I understand why the first clinic banned the patients from hooking up.

Very good point.  They see them as addicts.   ln 12-step programs -  one of their policies is to discourage relationships between the members.

Edited by Carrie
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

It's never okay to mistreat anyone, adult or child, and I would never suggest that it is. But I don't think it's okay to HATE someone for the fact that they have a mental ilness.  It is the hatred and fear of people suffering with mental illness that results in stigma and lack of effective treatment programs   It is because if this hatred that the mentally ill and their famlies, like Rene, suffer in silence.  

Point taken!  And where was Child Protective Services ?  Cops?  Neighbors?  NO child deservers that.

• Love 4
Just now, Miracle Maxie said:

Why don’t they just send Lee to live with Steven?

Lee, Steven and Whitney Weigh More all in the same apartment, stalking each other doing dance numbers and live videos on Facebook. I'd never miss an episode.

• Love 9

I really wish the therapist would have coached these two to separate. Only for Rena's sake because I don't think she has the self esteem to do it on her own.

This is awful.