Type keyword(s) to search

A Little Help: Finding Commercials

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, forumfish said:

That's Kelly Harmon, AKA "the Tic-Tac girl" and Mark Harmon's sister.

Mark's other sister, Kristin, was married to Ricky Nelson, and is the mom of Matthew & Gunnar, and Tracy (who was on Square Pegs, and some other TV shows that are escaping me right now).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

That Tom Bosley detective priest thing, where she was a nun.  I loved Square Pegs.

That's it!  I could half hear a joke in my head that Matt and Gunnar told at a show I went to with a friend of mine (she's a big fan) and the joke was about "Who is she kidding?" (about being a nun) but I couldn't remember the rest of the joke.

On 4/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

I loved Square Pegs.

I loved that show so much.  One of the lines I repeated ad nauseum in the 80’s I no longer can because the 80’s were a bad time.

(For the record, it was “A lunch box? How queer.  Does your mother pack it with baaaaagies?” said in snotty Valley Girl speak by Tracy)

Also an old ad that was so funny back in the day that we look at quite a bit differently now is the Snickers ad where the football player got jacked up and when he came to they asked who he was and he said “I’m Batman.”  The way he says it is still funny, but the circumstances, not so much.

• Love 2

I am trying to track down a commercial that I saw in the St.Louis area some time in the late 90s or early 2000s. I don't know what it was for.It featured customers waiting in a check out line at a grocery store and one of the customers was Bat Boy. Presumably this was inspired by the Bat Boy stories that were featured in the tabloid Weekly World News. The version of Bat Boy in this commercial looked like a young adult and was furry (unlike the one in Weekly World News) at the end of the commercial a young lady says something flirtatious to him and he smiles. Any idea what commercial this is ?

This may be a bit tricky because I am visually impaired, so I can only describe what the ads sound like.  Unfortunately I didn't ask for a description when they aired.

I have two ads that I'm looking for.  The first one came out in 1994 and was for BellSouth Mobility.  The song started out with a lady saying, "This is what life is" in a creepy voice, and then she yodeled and then sang the slogan, "Never stand still" except it was in a really distorted way that I had to have explained to me before I could understand what she said.

The other one I think I only saw one time, but it really scared me so it stuck out.  It was for Brinks home security system.  There was either a piano or a music box playing the Brahms Lullaby, and in a soothing voice, the announcer said, "The Brinks Lullaby" followed by the music stopping and a siren going off.  I was a little kid and was hearing it from a TV played in the next room while I was in bed, so I can't tell you anything else except that it scared about twenty years off my life.

I have tried to search for these ads on Google and YouTube, but I hit dead air.  Heck it's almost like I have dreamed these ads.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Help people!!!  My friends & I were talking about "old" commercials & someone remembered a commercial for a product that was advertised with a jingle that ended with "we show you how to use it".  Thanks in advance!!

I generally remember taglines and jingles well, but that one is escaping me.  Do they have any further info, like timeframe, any recollection of even the type of product, etc?

• Love 1

Hello all!

I would be so grateful for some help identifying a commercial that aired for a summer in the early 2000s before movies at AMC theatres in Miami.

It featured a children's birthday party where a guy in a purple dinosaur costume (a Barney rip-off) holds hands with some kids and sings "One, Two, Birthday! Three, four, birthday!"

I cannot remember what it was for, so I can't find it online, but my sister and I have had a running joke about that commercial ever since and I'd love to find it for her birthday.

It's a shot in the dark but maybe someone out there remembers it...?

Edited by Kiasan
Typo
On 2019-01-30 at 11:46 AM, funky-rat said:

I generally remember taglines and jingles well, but that one is escaping me.  Do they have any further info, like timeframe, any recollection of even the type of product, etc?

I think it was about buying a specific type of T.V., but it's really hazy.  Other than that, I've got nothing.  Sorry!!!

Hello,

I am looking for clean versions (even original film footage) of the following TV commercials:

-Pontiac GTO The Judge (two versions) 1969
 -Pontiac Breakaway 1969
 -Mattel Swingy Doll 1969

The Mattel doll was featured on this DVD by a company called Videomercials or 80scommercials.com
50s, 60s, 70s Kids Commercials Vol. 53 (2-Hours) {Exclusive}

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thank you so much for your time.

Ron

I've been trying to figure this one out for over 10 years.

Commercial around 1997-2000.  A creepy old man is walking around his house, looking at pictures of his family taped to the wall. He's happy to be alone, and points out the pictures. There's a vague insinuation that he has made it so that they will never come home again; somehow they came to a bad end. He'd end a thought in a satisfied, sighing "Yah... yah... yahhhhhh."

This is what he sounded like: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0obM4TNeOZx

I'm thinking it was usually aired on a basic cable channel, like VH1 or Comedy Central. Possibly a commercial for a multifunction printer, which he used to print the pictures?  Maybe something like WebTV or Hotmail?

Someone else remembered the commercial and says, 

I can't find it, but I remember a computer (I think) commercial where an old man is shuffling through his house talking about things he's done with his computer, but they all sound weird/creepy. "I got rid of my no-good cousin, yah yah" as he's shown deleting photos, "I sent my grandkids to [place], yah yah" he emails video of said kids.

I'm looking for a commercial (I think it was for a car) that had people posing (with their car) in front of a landscape and then posing years later with the same car holding the original photo (I'm assuming to show how long the car will last).  

13 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I'm looking for a commercial (I think it was for a car) that had people posing (with their car) in front of a landscape and then posing years later with the same car holding the original photo (I'm assuming to show how long the car will last).  

Sounds familiar.  I'm thinking Subaru, but I'm not 100% sure.

• Love 1

My uncle is looking for a commercial. 

He says it's from the 80s. Possibly 90s. He thinks it might have been a Country Time lemonade commercial. He remembers people floating lazily down a creek in the sun on inner tubes. It may have been extolling the virtues of summer or taking it easy or something like that.

17 hours ago, Aryanna said:

He remembers people floating lazily down a creek in the sun on inner tubes. It may have been extolling the virtues of summer or taking it easy or something like that.

I seem to remember that, but I don't remember what it was for.

• Love 2

I wish I could find some of those old Maxwell House commercials from the 1970' featuring Margaret 'Wicked Witch of the West' Hamilton who played Cora the General Store Proprietress.  Although it seemed Cora had been a pillar of this community for many decades with her vital store keeping  that tiny rural town supplied [especially with coffee]  which only seemed to have a church as its other non-residential building, we never learned whether  Cora was widowed, divorced or had never married nor whether she'd built the store from the ground up herself or had inherited it from her late father/husband. Regardless, I always looked forward to those ads as though I was visiting a family friend and wished they'd turned those commercials into a series and it seemed as though the other characters that passed through could have been interesting as well (including a teen David Caruso playing a doubting Thomas scoffer). 

• Love 1

There’s several on YouTube.

The ones I’ve always heard about but have never seen are the Geritol “My wife, I think I’ll keep her” ads.  They’ve never come up even on a YT search.  They would’ve been slightly before my time, and I don’t doubt that they existed, but it’s like they’ve been shoved down the memory hole.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, smittykins said:

There’s several on YouTube.

The ones I’ve always heard about but have never seen are the Geritol “My wife, I think I’ll keep her” ads.  They’ve never come up even on a YT search.  They would’ve been slightly before my time, and I don’t doubt that they existed, but it’s like they’ve been shoved down the memory hole.

• Love 2
On 8/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, Blergh said:

I wish I could find some of those old Maxwell House commercials from the 1970' featuring Margaret 'Wicked Witch of the West' Hamilton who played Cora the General Store Proprietress.  Although it seemed Cora had been a pillar of this community for many decades with her vital store keeping  that tiny rural town supplied [especially with coffee]  which only seemed to have a church as its other non-residential building, we never learned whether  Cora was widowed, divorced or had never married nor whether she'd built the store from the ground up herself or had inherited it from her late father/husband. Regardless, I always looked forward to those ads as though I was visiting a family friend and wished they'd turned those commercials into a series and it seemed as though the other characters that passed through could have been interesting as well (including a teen David Caruso playing a doubting Thomas scoffer). 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Popples said:

Thanks for this  and nice touches to have her recall her own father having a clock like the younger couple had bought AND sniffing the pineapple before putting it on the display shelf. Yes, even though these things had nothing to do with the main plot (or the sponsored coffee), it helped give the exchange more depth! 

• Love 3

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the name of this ad/ have a link to it, I remember watching an ad a couple of years ago where there people on the tradmill in the gym and they use an almost caged chicken analogy, and then they switch to people running outdoors and are free, was advertising some sports brand but for the life of me I can't seem to find it when searching

Please help, much appreciated!

Thanks

I live in Atlanta, so i don't know if this commercial is local or national....the commercial features a husband and wife who come home to see that their daughter is having a party that they didn't know about....the wife tells the car to turn on the house lights...when the house lights come on, all of the kids, except the daughter, scatter....the parents sarcastically motion to the daughter if it's ok for them to come inside, to which the daughter frantically shakes her head "no"...i'm thinking the commercial has something to do with voice activation (ie being able to turn on house lights from car)....i found this commercial pretty amusing and would like to see it again...if anyone can help me locate it, i'd appreciate it....thanks....

It had an indian (played by a white guy) saying some days are harder than others. In the background you hear the quote dont shoot till you see the whites ofvtheir eyes.

He then puts on sunglasses saying something like: then other days are great.

I seem to remember it being gregor fisher but im not certain if thats correct or not. 

https://youtu.be/_y61azjlL-I

That clip sounds horrible, so please prepare your ears for listening to it. 

It should be mentioned that it is a woman singing the jingle. And she sings it in the pitch that you heard in the clip, only beautifully.

It sounds almost like a Native Indian American vocalization.

The only time I can confirm one hundred percent is back in 2014 it was still playing on TV, but I think I remember it from as far back as at least 2002. Could be anything, a water commercial, a hair or makeup commercial, company jingle. There might have been the sound of a rain forest or waterfall in the background, too.

That's the whole jingle, though. I had heard it coming from the TV a lot when I was younger, but I have not heard it as much recently. Does anyone remember where it came from.

I've been hearing from the TV for almost twenty years, I guess? I could be wrong, but the first memories I have of it were from the late nineties or the early two-thousands.

Usually at night, and my parents used to watch a lot of FOX and ABC TV, but I can't be sure it was a commercial or company or TV jingle from those channels or not. 

I live in the United States, and I was living in Pennsylvania at that time.

Thank you to anyone who could possibly help me find this jingle. I've been looking for it now for quite a few years at this point. :-)

I need help finding two commercials.

1. A man met a woman while at a bar and then they went back at his house and started having sex when he saw his mother or grandmother stirring a bowl

2. I remember two kids staring at each other in a staring contest from different schools in front of a screen.

Can anyone help me?

14 hours ago, Adder23678 said:

I need help finding two commercials.

1. A man met a woman while at a bar and then they went back at his house and started having sex when he saw his mother or grandmother stirring a bowl

2. I remember two kids staring at each other in a staring contest from different schools in front of a screen.

Can anyone help me?

Don't recal the first one at all, but IIRC, the 2nd one was for a computer or communications company, and the kids were actually on different continents.

OK sleuths. I need someone to go to the wayback of 1999. There was a commercial where a woman is dreaming that her cat can talk. It's a tabby cat and it looks up at the woman and says, "Hello Maxine."  This has become a catch phrase with MrWonder and since then, and we CANNOT figure out what the heck it was a commercial for.

I'm looking for a commercial from the 90's. I dont remember what was being advertised but in the commercial a lady is cutting a birthday cake while talking and suddenly she says "happy birthday uh, icky". She cut the cake so she wasnt sure what the name was.

Long shot here, but I'm looking for a Land Rover commercial from sometime in the 90s.  All I remember is a mother cheetah carrying her cub, and the line (delivered in a British accent): "A much better way to transport your children than carrying them in your mouth."

On 3/19/2015 at 1:17 PM, proserpina65 said:

Does anyone remember the commercial for Cadbury Mini-Eggs around the time the product was first introduced?  It had little baby bunnies cheeping like baby chicks.  I only saw it a few times that first Easter and never since.  My mother and best friend both think I imagined it.

yes i do remember that commercial!

I need help finding a commercial for anti-tobacco. It had three girls putting on face wash in the bathroom. One of the girls is like “it stings a little.” And the other girl is like “it’s doing it’s job.” And the girls like “guys it’s really burning!” And then she explodes.

25-35 years ago there this commercial I was hoping someone on here might remember and be able to provide me some details for. I don't remember anything at all about the brand or the product being advertised, so trying to find it in databases is useless. Here's what I do remember and why I remember it after all these years.

During the ad for some reason the guy doing the voice-over said something about the 1969 Miracle Mets baseball team. The commercial then cut to a very attractive woman who I believe was pumping gas into her car, and with some serious "attitude" she looked straight into the camera and declared "The Cubs choked!". She was hot and the line she delivered was classic!

Anything details beyond that which anyone can provide would be appreciated.

36 minutes ago, Ray said:

25-35 years ago there this commercial I was hoping someone on here might remember and be able to provide me some details for. I don't remember anything at all about the brand or the product being advertised, so trying to find it in databases is useless. Here's what I do remember and why I remember it after all these years.

During the ad for some reason the guy doing the voice-over said something about the 1969 Miracle Mets baseball team. The commercial then cut to a very attractive woman who I believe was pumping gas into her car, and with some serious "attitude" she looked straight into the camera and declared "The Cubs choked!". She was hot and the line she delivered was classic!

Anything details beyond that which anyone can provide would be appreciated.

All right. I got something for you, I think...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-04-11-9304110142-story.html

looking for an ad from the late 80s / early 90s. 

a guy is sitting in a chair talking to someone off camera, as if they're his psychiatrist.  he talks about how he started a company, it did well, and he got rich.  there's a pause, and he says something like "i guess somewhere along the line, i turned (in?)to a real jerk."

i'm like 90% sure it ends up being a car ad, with an "affordability" theme,  70% sure it was honda or toyota.  i was living in northern california at the time, so if it was regional, that was the region.

tia for any help

(edited)

There is one back to school commercial I have been trying to find. I don’t remember what company had it or what channel aired it but it was definitely either in the late 90s or early 2000s. I do remember there was a part with a boy riding on a skateboard who’s father pulls him him off it using a lasso and a teenage girl sitting in a chair at her home, talking on the phone when her mother walks in holding a large yellow remote towards the end of it. A cage gets dropped on the girl when her mother pushes a button on the remote (after this, she turns to the father and smiles while her daughter says “mom,” in an annoyed tone). The commercial ends with the girl being wheeled out to a waiting school bus along with several other kids boarding it. Does anyone remember this commercial?

Edited by CountvonStafford
Adding information.
15 hours ago, CountvonStafford said:

There is one back to school commercial I have been trying to find. I don’t remember what company had it or what channel aired it but it was definitely either in the late 90s or early 2000s. I do remember there was a part with a boy riding on a skateboard who’s father pulls him him off it using a lasso and a teenage girl sitting in a chair at her home, talking on the phone when her mother walks in holding a large yellow remote towards the end of it. A cage gets dropped on the girl when her mother pushes a button on the remote (after this, she turns to the father and smiles while her daughter says “mom,” in an annoyed tone). The commercial ends with the girl being wheeled out to a waiting school bus along with several other kids boarding it. Does anyone remember this commercial?

Yikes sounds like a bad trip of some sort!!  Don't remember that at all!

• Love 1
On 5/25/2021 at 5:00 AM, CountvonStafford said:

I remember an ad that kind of sounds like what you're describing. I did a little searching on YouTube, and it might be a 2002 Gateway computer ad. Sorry that I can't link it.

• Love 1