Type keyword(s) to search

A Little Help: Finding Commercials

• Start Topic

Hey everyone! I was wondering if there were anybody here who could help me find this old TV commercial. I've been searching for it for a while now to no avail.

Description:
This young short haired brunette Caucasian woman wearing a blueish/purplish shirt goes to get her picture taken for some kind of photo ID. She walks into a photo booth and starts making sassy poses in front of the camera. The male photographer gets into it and keeps taking more pictures while the woman keeps posing. She eventually lifts up her shirt and a picture is taken of her bare belly. The commercial then ends with the woman getting her ID card with that same belly photo printed on it and walking away with a smile on her face. There was also a typical female narration over the course of the ad but I remember nothing of what it was saying.

I believe the commercial aired around 2006-2007. I saw it at least twice and both times were at night so probably between 8 pm and 10 pm U.S. eastern standard time. That is all I have to go on. I remember absolutely nothing else. NOTHING! Not the product, not the type of product, not even the brand name! Just the imagery described above.

Is there anyone who can help me find this ad? At this point I'll settle for anyone else who even just remembers it as I have yet to even come across that.

Hey everyone! I was wondering if there were anybody here who could help me find this old TV commercial. I've been searching for it for a while now to no avail.

Description:

This young short haired brunette Caucasian woman wearing a blueish/purplish shirt goes to get her picture taken for some kind of photo ID. She walks into a photo booth and starts making sassy poses in front of the camera. The male photographer gets into it and keeps taking more pictures while the woman keeps posing. She eventually lifts up her shirt and a picture is taken of her bare belly. The commercial then ends with the woman getting her ID card with that same belly photo printed on it and walking away with a smile on her face. There was also a typical female narration over the course of the ad but I remember nothing of what it was saying.

I believe the commercial aired around 2006-2007. I saw it at least twice and both times were at night so probably between 8 pm and 10 pm U.S. eastern standard time. That is all I have to go on. I remember absolutely nothing else. NOTHING! Not the product, not the type of product, not even the brand name! Just the imagery described above.

Is there anyone who can help me find this ad? At this point I'll settle for anyone else who even just remembers it as I have yet to even come across that.

I think it was a pass port and some kind of diet stuff.

• Love 1

Does anyone remember the commercial for Cadbury Mini-Eggs around the time the product was first introduced?  It had little baby bunnies cheeping like baby chicks.  I only saw it a few times that first Easter and never since.  My mother and best friend both think I imagined it.

I think it was a pass port and some kind of diet stuff.

Still couldn't find anything but thanks for the help. I talked to someone who said it might a shampoo commercial but no results on front either.

Hi guys,

I need little help. Few years ago I was watching some commercial and now I can't find it.

It's when guy gets pulled over by police and he shows them his phone. At that time lady cops start getting out from the phone and dancing around the cops. While they are dancing this guy grabs and gets away from cops. Then he pulls over next to one tree and plays the phone for him. Girl start to come out of the phone and when she gets to him the battery drops dead.

Anyone knows where I can find this? It would be great...

I hope I'm doing this correctly, I'm new here. 

My daughter had a very favorite TV commercial when she was a kid and I'm trying to find it. I'm reasonably sure it was for Seagate Technology even though the commercial had nothing to do with their products. I'm going to guess it came out in the early 2000's (maybe 2002 - 2005?). 

It had 2 people in it. A sort of nerdy guy and a pretty girl who was named Isabel (I think). To the best of my memory, the guy was getting sort of fixed up with Isabel and everything that Isabel said he'd look at the camera and shake his head and say (in sort of stuttering way), "she doesn't like me."

The commercial was on all the time because I remember we watched it for about a year before I realized it was for Seagate (their hard drives I think).

Can anyone at least remember this commercial?

Many thanks for any info!

Susan

I can remember the commercial clearly from start to finish except for the name of the product.

A group of three women are at a table and one woman has a drink (in a bottle).  She looks at a guy at the bar and he looks back, smiles, and turns away.  She looks down at the bottle and turns it around.  Then he turns around like he's forced.  She moves the bottle from side to side and he does the same.  She picks up the bottle and puts it down and he hops.  She then starts to peel the neck label off and he unbottons his shirt.  She then rips the main label off.  He looks down slowly, and it cuts back to the three women who are looking at him, the main girl rather happy.

It was in English, and the tag line was something like "Want to be naughty?" or "Want to try something naughty?"  (I remember the word 'naughty'.)  Pretty sure it was American.

There was another commercial for the same product I remember less clearly.  A bunch of women at a party are drinking the product and telling men what to do, and the men can't help but do exactly what they say.

Please help!  I've typed in everything I can think of online and cannot find this commercial!

Was wondering if there was anyone who remembered an old Honda commercial from the late 90's early 2000's that I believe was for a Honda motors commercial. It didn't just feature cars, but also atv's, boats, F1, basically everything that moved made by Honda.  It was sort of a montage of Honda vehicles entering and exiting the frame while the vehicles were in motion.

The Honda commercial was pretty similar in visual editing to the below Nike commercial from about the same period.

Edited by previouslee

Good morning,

My brother was watching TV last night (ABC) and there was an advertisement that he believes is using my artwork we own without permission. It was in an ad for a retail company but he can't seem to remember the name of the company.  :-/

Is there any way to find out what ads ran during a TV show last night? He's in Florida so I know that the ads may be different depending on location. 

Thanks for any help/ideas.

Edited by pixiegirl72

I can remember the commercial clearly from start to finish except for the name of the product.

A group of three women are at a table and one woman has a drink (in a bottle).  She looks at a guy at the bar and he looks back, smiles, and turns away.  She looks down at the bottle and turns it around.  Then he turns around like he's forced.  She moves the bottle from side to side and he does the same.  She picks up the bottle and puts it down and he hops.  She then starts to peel the neck label off and he unbottons his shirt.  She then rips the main label off.  He looks down slowly, and it cuts back to the three women who are looking at him, the main girl rather happy.

It was in English, and the tag line was something like "Want to be naughty?" or "Want to try something naughty?"  (I remember the word 'naughty'.)  Pretty sure it was American.

That one sounds so familiar! I can't remember what it was, though. Can't help but think how much hate it would get if the 'bottle-holder' was a guy and the 'voodoo-dolled' was a woman, though, and I remember the version that did air getting praise and laughs.

I just joined the forums because I starting to get frustrated trying to track down two older commercials.

1. ) An old supermarket commercial where the guy looks at the lady and says "Yes (shaking head no), we have no (nodding yes) bananas." 

2.)  A guy following a cooking record (yes, record) and it tells him to add a bit more brandy, then starts skipping and repeating "a bit more brandy" until finally it stops skipping and says "Now light it"  At which point you see a shot from the front of the house, and a fireball goes up from the kitchen area.

• Love 2
(edited)

Hi. I do hope that someone out there can find this commercial. I saw it sometime in 2003-2007 I remember that because I saw it during an episode of The O.C and kept the episode on my DVR for the express purpose of watching that commercial again. I'm 95% sure that its a Dove product. I'm only 95% sure because I have searched for this commercial off and on for years (I'm sure someone here will find it immediately--isn't that just the way life works?) so maybe it's not Dove. The closest that I've come is an advertising agency bragging about winning an award and describing something similar to this commerical. This is what I remember:

1. Women dressed in white bras/tanks and panties/jeans dancing around against a white background.

2. The women were all sizes, races, skin types.

3. The song. Oh this was an ear worm that still worms its way into my head.  I am one of those people who is never right about the lyrics (this could be why I can't find the commercial) but the lyrics go something like this:

What if we (really?only?) loved our skin?

And let (something something) in?

We might even 

take off our clothes

show off our toes

let the world in

If we (something something) our SKIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

3a. It sounds like the singer is giggling when she says "take off our clothes" and the way she sings the last line sounds like a shrug. 

Please? 

Edited by ohoksohitoyou
clothes and toes are not the same word
(edited)

I remember the print ads with the all white underwear against a white backdrop.  It is Dove, yes, and from their "Real Beauty" campaign (it's called something else now, but from the era you're looking for that's what it was called).  That campaign got a lot of press (good and bad), so try searching for articles about it and maybe you'll find a link to the specific commercial you're looking for.

Edited by Bastet

Thanks in advance.

I am looking for a Priceline ad with William Shatner ( and possibly Ben Folds) where Shatner is regaling us with "Do You Know Where You're Going To? ( Theme from 'Mahogany')". I have been searching, but it is before the switch to the Negotiator and his Daughter.

23 hours ago, Actionmage said:

Thanks in advance.

I am looking for a Priceline ad with William Shatner ( and possibly Ben Folds) where Shatner is regaling us with "Do You Know Where You're Going To? ( Theme from 'Mahogany')". I have been searching, but it is before the switch to the Negotiator and his Daughter.

Is this it?

• Love 1

I'm looking for a commercial from maybe 3-5 years ago and it was for either Verizon or Charter (IIRC; it was definitely for a cable provider). Things I remember:

• a black man is seated in his office's break room, listening to two female coworkers (one of whom he clearly likes) talking about a tv show they watch
  • that night the man binge-watches the show and really gets into it, at one point sobbing with a blanket wrapped around him during a sad scene
  • the next morning he's slumped over, exhausted, in the break room when the coworker he likes comes in; he hums the tv show's theme song and she lights up and sits down beside him and they start chatting about the show

All,

I'm on a mission to find an old commercial.  I'm not sure who it was for, but I believe it may have been for a long-distance phone promotion (AT&T or Sprint perhaps?)

The basic premises is there is a Marching Band that is appearing on TV.  There's a single musician (I'm told a Tuba Player) who's family is watching from home.

At one point, the Marching Band makes a turn, but the Tuba Player turns in the opposite direction.  Afterwards, the family is talking to the Tubal Player and asking why everyone else went in the wrong direction.

That's all I know of it!  Any leads would be great; I'll blow someones mind if I can find it!

I didn't find anything with a marching band or a tuba, but AT&T's ad campaign in the 1970s/1980s was "Reach Out and Touch Someone," if that helps.

ETA: Before they were AT&T, they were Bell Telephone, aka Bell System. 

Edited by ennui
Good ol' Ma Bell.

Hi. I just joined to ask this question. As im trying to find an old TV commercial for research.

It must have been 1980's

It was a Tyre commercial

It featured a car driving through country roads with trees growing over the road.

Woods and forests.

Lightning

A Dark horseman in the forest.

It was similar vibe to the cartoon intro to the "Knightmare" Tv series. But this Tyre commercial was not a cartoon.

Knowing what company it was and a closer date would help. But it is an iconic advert.

If you know what it was please post it in this thread. I will check back.

I think it was UK only.

Thanks.

Edited by forestlightning

Okay so there is this recent tv commercial I am trying to find and it's driving me crazy. In The commercial there are these kids that are about to get into stuff they shouldn't and at the last minute mom shouts no and managed to stop them. Two of the scenes I remember is a kid outside in the backyard with his/her sibling and the kid is about to cut the siblings hair. The second scene is a kid with a tool in his hand maybe a drill or hammer and mom gets there in time. I'm not sure but I think in every scene there's two kids. Maybe the older sibling and younger one. Can anyone help me??

1 hour ago, NicolaLF said:

Okay so there is this recent tv commercial I am trying to find and it's driving me crazy. In The commercial there are these kids that are about to get into stuff they shouldn't and at the last minute mom shouts no and managed to stop them. Two of the scenes I remember is a kid outside in the backyard with his/her sibling and the kid is about to cut the siblings hair. The second scene is a kid with a tool in his hand maybe a drill or hammer and mom gets there in time. I'm not sure but I think in every scene there's two kids. Maybe the older sibling and younger one. Can anyone help me??

It's for Subaru.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:20 AM, forestlightning said:

Hi. I just joined to ask this question. As im trying to find an old TV commercial for research.

It must have been 1980's

It was a Tyre commercial

It featured a car driving through country roads with trees growing over the road.

Woods and forests.

Lightning

A Dark horseman in the forest.

It was similar vibe to the cartoon intro to the "Knightmare" Tv series. But this Tyre commercial was not a cartoon.

Michelin Man and Michelin Dog? No knight, though.  

Does anyone recall Home Depot commercial with this Old Cartoon Dancing Black Cat (or whatever animal it is)? This aired quite often back in 2014/2015. Always saw it air on Spike TV.

1xc24c.gif

Been looking for this over a year now unable to find it or any record of it. I found someone else on reddit that remembers this and looking for it too.

They did a series of several commercials featuring old random cartoon clips. There was another one with Betty Boop, which I can't find either. 

Here's 1 of their ads with old cartoon clip:

Does anyone recall either of these commercials?

2004 Mcdonald's Chicken Select Tenders with girl saying to a guy "It Doesn't Come With A Toy". There was 3 posts on youtube as of July of last year but are gone as accounts have been deleted. I can't find this anywhere now.

9 Lives Cat Food with Morris The Cat saying "I'd Rather Eat The Furniture". I don't know the exact yr this first aired it was somewhere in very late 80's/early 90's. This is very hard find. Posted elsewhere asking about this with a few other people remembering it.

6 hours ago, fivethej said:

Does anyone recall Home Depot commercial with this Old Cartoon Dancing Black Cat (or whatever animal it is)? This aired quite often back in 2014/2015. Always saw it air on Spike TV.

1xc24c.gif

I don't know anything about the commercial, but this gif is mesmerizing.

• Love 1

Does anyone recall either of these commercials?

2004 Mcdonald's Chicken Select Tenders with girl saying to a guy "It Doesn't Come With A Toy". There was 3 posts on youtube as of July of last year but are gone as accounts have been deleted. I can't find this anywhere now.

9 Lives Cat Food with Morris The Cat saying "I'd Rather Eat The Furniture". I don't know the exact yr this first aired it was somewhere in very late 80's/early 90's. This is very hard find. Posted elsewhere asking about this with a few other people remembering it.

Does anyone know what the commercial was for featuring elderly man talking to old Disney cartoon animals in trail, forest? Animals were either from Snow White or Bambi. There was a deer, rabbit, raccoon, birds, butterfly. Older man was grumpy.

I have no idea what this was for. It was from 1-2 yrs or so ago.

This just randomly popped into my head today.  For all I know, I made it up.  But I think there was a commercial, maybe in the 90s or early 00s where the person would ask some yes/no question and then say "But I wouldn't recommend it."  Does that sound familiar to anyone?

On 2/15/2018 at 7:54 PM, janie jones said:

This just randomly popped into my head today.  For all I know, I made it up.  But I think there was a commercial, maybe in the 90s or early 00s where the person would ask some yes/no question and then say "But I wouldn't recommend it."  Does that sound familiar to anyone?

I think this was a Tic Tac commercial that took place in some yoga class maybe in the late 1990's to early 2000's. And the yoga instructor said that one COULD do yoga without said Tic Tac BUT. . .you know the rest!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/27/2018 at 2:29 PM, Blergh said:

I think this was a Tic Tac commercial that took place in some yoga class maybe in the late 1990's to early 2000's. And the yoga instructor said that one COULD do yoga without said Tic Tac BUT. . .you know the rest!

OMG thank you!  "Can you breathe without a Tic Tac?  Of course.  But I wouldn't recommend it."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, janie jones said:

OMG thank you!  "Can you breathe without a Tic Tac?  Of course.  But I wouldn't recommend it."

Glad I could help but it would seem we both underestimated its youth since it was made in 1994. Who'd have thunk it's been 24  years since then? Of course, yoga itself was still considered slightly unconventional back then!

• Love 1
(edited)

Can anyone help find the old Purina Dog Chow(I'm pretty sure it was Purina) where the girl is trying to get her puppy to climb the outside(brown balcony) stairs and his/her name is "Casey"/"Kaycee"?  They then show the dog able to leap up the stairs as an adult and then barely making it up them as an old dog.  This commercial has to be more than 15 years old because I remember seeing it and thinking it was adorable and I would name my future dog, "Kaycee".  I did get my sweet black and tan Dachshund girl and I named her Kaycee. She turned 13 in Novemeber 2017 and is still going pretty strong. I have never forgotten that commercial and would love to see it again. I see where, I think it's Subaru is using the same type of ad with a Lab named "Duck" trying to get into the car as a puppy, adult and then an old dog. Nice try Subaru of stealing Purina's old idea! LOL  Can anyone find the old commercial for me? I would soooo appreciate it. TIA

I found it on YT and it is an Iams commercial with an Irish Setter. 

I'll try and ad the link

Edited by raiderred1
Found it!
  • Love 3