Type keyword(s) to search

A Little Help: Finding Commercials

• Start Topic

(edited)

Now I have another commercial (a rather racy one) that I need help finding from a Greek based petroleum company called ΕΚΟ. It involves a woman driving a silver Porsche at a very high rate of speed through a city during nighttime (at one point she flies past a woman standing on the sidewalk causing her skirt to be blown upwards and it ends with the car zooming over a manhole cover which causes it to be ripped out of the opening, landing next to it with a thud thanks to the car’s speed). It also shows someone driving a speedboat and I believe there’s a shot of a private plane flying. I first saw it on YouTube but it got removed and I have not been able to find it since.

Edited by CountvonStafford
Grammar mistake

I have been looking for a commercial from the 90's or early 2000's. I don't remember much about it, but it had 2 roommates (pretty sure it was a guy and a girl) talking about their other roommate. All I remember them saying is, "She's crazy!" in kind of a loud whisper. For some reason at the time I thought the "she's crazy" part was hilarious...so much so that it has stuck with me and my husband. Any time we hear someone say he's crazy or she's crazy, or even that's crazy, one or the other of us will whisper loudly, "She's crazy!" and the other of us usually repeats it. It's just a funny thing between us, but I'd love to find the commercial. Thanks for any help. 

Does anybody remember a commercial that was set in the living room of and older/middle aged couple and it was very very purple? I remember the living room being packed with items of different shades of purple and the woman was explaining that she needed something (I think it was Drapes) in a very specific shade of purple like Lilac or Medium Orchid. Then the man who's on the couch (I think reading a newspaper?) pipes up, "its just purple. " and she retorts "WELL! You're just a man!". 

The commercial was out in maybe the 2000's and I lived around STL, but I don't think it was a local commercial, I'm pretty sure it was for a national chain. I remember being young and my friends and I would say "Well your just a man!" to eachother jokingly. 

I quote that all the time still and people think I'm being serious. I need to find this commercial so that people understand me. lol

On 4/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, Addlepated said:

I've been trying to figure this one out for over 10 years.

Commercial around 1997-2000.  A creepy old man is walking around his house, looking at pictures of his family taped to the wall. He's happy to be alone, and points out the pictures. There's a vague insinuation that he has made it so that they will never come home again; somehow they came to a bad end. He'd end a thought in a satisfied, sighing "Yah... yah... yahhhhhh."

This is what he sounded like: https://voca.ro/1kIXz2ilghK4

I'm thinking it was usually aired on a basic cable channel, like VH1 or Comedy Central. Possibly a commercial for a multifunction printer, which he used to print the pictures?  Maybe something like WebTV or Hotmail?

Someone else remembered the commercial and says, 

Still desperately searching for this commercial. I've watched hours of commercial breaks on Youtube. 

• Love 1

Hello! I recently found this forum and I wanted to ask if any of you recognize/have information on a commercial. I myself have not seen it, but there are multiple sightings online of people that have (more on that soon).

This is a commercial for Carb Solutions. You probably have not heard of them -- even the people that saw these commercials and posted about them could not recall the brand name. They produced at least two (maybe more but we do not know anything about those) commercials featuring a demon:

• Baby shower (FOUND) A woman at a baby shower offers pigs in a blanket to the protagonist of the ad, who is on a low-carb diet. She declines, which makes the other woman turn into a demon. She says "come on, Jeannie, ditch the diet", before the camera cuts back to Jeannie, who picks up a Carb Solutions bar. 
  • Airplane (LOST) I will directly copy a sighting of this one as I do not know what it looks like or how to describe it:

I HAVE SEEN THE CARB BAR COMMERCIAL SET ON THE AIRPLANE. The commercial started with a flight attendant offering a businessman in a suit a bag of snack mix. The businessman declined it. The flight attendant then had this demonic look (maybe not turning in to an actual demon) and begged the guy to take the snack mix ("C'mon, try the snack mix"). The businessman calmly shook his head no and then pulled out the carb bar. The businessman wore a brown suit, and for some reason the interior of the plane was really brown too.

I am part of a search team for this lost advertisement. If you have seen this, or have any more information, please reply!

• Link to baby shower commercial: 
  • Link to Reddit post recalling airplane variant: 

I am looking for an ad which ran in the early 2000's.  It was for a diet system...but I do not recall which one.  I don't think it ran very long as it was really bad.  It had an image of the Venus of Willendorf that rotated while a man's voice over mentioned all the illnesses that are caused by overweight.   and finally it said something to the effect that women didn't want to look like her meaning like this iconic prehistoric sculpture.   I kind of did a mock up of it... very primitive...hoping this will jog someone's brain.  It aired in MI in the Detroit market I believe.  (NUTS this won't take a link from vimeo, or a picture of the venus...anyways I hope people know what I'm talking about. 

Hopeful the 3rd time is the charm!  I am searching for a commercial that aired in the early 2000's I'm in South East Michigan, but I'm not sure if this was regional or national.  It was a really shocking ad for a diet product/system which aired for a very short time... probably because someone at the ad company realized it was blasphemous.  Anyways... it was an ad as I said for a diet system... ( don't recall the company )  it was very striking as it had the statue of the Venus of Willendorf rotating on the screen... with a male voice over listing all the health issues attributed to obesity...in the end the voice says something to the effect that women did not want to look like this...maybe in prehistoric times it was okay... Anyway... perhaps it will jog someone's mind.  Any information is much appreciated...I keep on siting the commercial in academic essays... I really wish I could locate it for real.  at this point I feel like I hallucinating the whole thing.  Been searching now for 16 years?  short of going to the museum in New York... where I would need the name of the company advertised... I'm at a loss. 

Screenshot_20211114-133121_Google.jpg

Hello everyone.
I have a request for all of you.
I used to watch a TV commercial in my childhood in which the helium balloons fly from the car.
Now I can't recall which ad it was.
If you know then please reply to this thread.

More Info

• The commercial showed may helium balloons fly from a car (probably white car).
  • The balloons were heart shaped.
  • I can't recall it much, but I think the commercial was of some kind of snow globe (This may be false)
  • The car was not moving. It was still and balloons flew from the trunk of the car.

That's all I can recall

Thank You!

On 9/11/2022 at 9:17 AM, LauriaLesson said:

Hello everyone.
I used to watch a TV commercial in my childhood in which the helium balloons fly from the car.

More Info

• The commercial showed may helium balloons fly from a car (probably white car).
  • I can't recall it much, but I think the commercial was of some kind of snow globe (This may be false)
  • The car was not moving. It was still and balloons flew from the trunk of the car.

That's all I can recall

Thank You!

No response???????

On 9/10/2022 at 10:47 PM, LauriaLesson said:

Hello everyone.

More Info

That's all I can recall

Thank You!

This does sound familiar... was it in a city?