Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Mikesw1234

A Little Help: Finding Commercials

Recommended Posts

Can anyone help find the old Purina Dog Chow(I'm pretty sure it was Purina) where the girl is trying to get her puppy to climb the outside(brown balcony) stairs and his/her name is "Casey"/"Kaycee"?  They then show the dog able to leap up the stairs as an adult and then barely making it up them as an old dog.  This commercial has to be more than 15 years old because I remember seeing it and thinking it was adorable and I would name my future dog, "Kaycee".  I did get my sweet black and tan Dachshund girl and I named her Kaycee. She turned 13 in Novemeber 2017 and is still going pretty strong. I have never forgotten that commercial and would love to see it again. I see where, I think it's Subaru is using the same type of ad with a Lab named "Duck" trying to get into the car as a puppy, adult and then an old dog. Nice try Subaru of stealing Purina's old idea! LOL  Can anyone find the old commercial for me? I would soooo appreciate it. TIA

 

I found it on YT and it is an Iams commercial with an Irish Setter. 

I'll try and ad the link

Edited by raiderred1 · Reason: Found it!
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

When I googled the commercial, it appeared that woman was in a few commercials.

That's Kelly Harmon, AKA "the Tic-Tac girl" and Mark Harmon's sister.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, forumfish said:

That's Kelly Harmon, AKA "the Tic-Tac girl" and Mark Harmon's sister.

Kelly used to be married to John DeLorean.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, forumfish said:

That's Kelly Harmon, AKA "the Tic-Tac girl" and Mark Harmon's sister.

Mark's other sister, Kristin, was married to Ricky Nelson, and is the mom of Matthew & Gunnar, and Tracy (who was on Square Pegs, and some other TV shows that are escaping me right now).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

 Tracy (who was on Square Pegs, and some other TV shows that are escaping me right now).

That Tom Bosley detective priest thing, where she was a nun.  I loved Square Pegs.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

That Tom Bosley detective priest thing, where she was a nun.  I loved Square Pegs.

That's it!  I could half hear a joke in my head that Matt and Gunnar told at a show I went to with a friend of mine (she's a big fan) and the joke was about "Who is she kidding?" (about being a nun) but I couldn't remember the rest of the joke.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Prevailing Wind said:

That Tom Bosley detective priest thing, where she was a nun.  I loved Square Pegs.

The Father Dowling Mysteries. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/6/2018 at 11:58 AM, Prevailing Wind said:

I loved Square Pegs.

I loved that show so much.  One of the lines I repeated ad nauseum in the 80’s I no longer can because the 80’s were a bad time.

(For the record, it was “A lunch box? How queer.  Does your mother pack it with baaaaagies?” said in snotty Valley Girl speak by Tracy)

Also an old ad that was so funny back in the day that we look at quite a bit differently now is the Snickers ad where the football player got jacked up and when he came to they asked who he was and he said “I’m Batman.”  The way he says it is still funny, but the circumstances, not so much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I am trying to track down a commercial that I saw in the St.Louis area some time in the late 90s or early 2000s. I don't know what it was for.It featured customers waiting in a check out line at a grocery store and one of the customers was Bat Boy. Presumably this was inspired by the Bat Boy stories that were featured in the tabloid Weekly World News. The version of Bat Boy in this commercial looked like a young adult and was furry (unlike the one in Weekly World News) at the end of the commercial a young lady says something flirtatious to him and he smiles. Any idea what commercial this is ?

Share this post


Link to post

This may be a bit tricky because I am visually impaired, so I can only describe what the ads sound like.  Unfortunately I didn't ask for a description when they aired.

 

I have two ads that I'm looking for.  The first one came out in 1994 and was for BellSouth Mobility.  The song started out with a lady saying, "This is what life is" in a creepy voice, and then she yodeled and then sang the slogan, "Never stand still" except it was in a really distorted way that I had to have explained to me before I could understand what she said.

 

The other one I think I only saw one time, but it really scared me so it stuck out.  It was for Brinks home security system.  There was either a piano or a music box playing the Brahms Lullaby, and in a soothing voice, the announcer said, "The Brinks Lullaby" followed by the music stopping and a siren going off.  I was a little kid and was hearing it from a TV played in the next room while I was in bed, so I can't tell you anything else except that it scared about twenty years off my life.

 

I have tried to search for these ads on Google and YouTube, but I hit dead air.  Heck it's almost like I have dreamed these ads.

Share this post


Link to post

Help people!!!  My friends & I were talking about "old" commercials & someone remembered a commercial for a product that was advertised with a jingle that ended with "we show you how to use it".  Thanks in advance!!

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:48 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Help people!!!  My friends & I were talking about "old" commercials & someone remembered a commercial for a product that was advertised with a jingle that ended with "we show you how to use it".  Thanks in advance!!

I generally remember taglines and jingles well, but that one is escaping me.  Do they have any further info, like timeframe, any recollection of even the type of product, etc?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hello all!

I would be so grateful for some help identifying a commercial that aired for a summer in the early 2000s before movies at AMC theatres in Miami.

It featured a children's birthday party where a guy in a purple dinosaur costume (a Barney rip-off) holds hands with some kids and sings "One, Two, Birthday! Three, four, birthday!"

I cannot remember what it was for, so I can't find it online, but my sister and I have had a running joke about that commercial ever since and I'd love to find it for her birthday.

It's a shot in the dark but maybe someone out there remembers it...?

Edited by Kiasan · Reason: Typo

Share this post


Link to post
On 2019-01-30 at 11:46 AM, funky-rat said:

I generally remember taglines and jingles well, but that one is escaping me.  Do they have any further info, like timeframe, any recollection of even the type of product, etc?

I think it was about buying a specific type of T.V., but it's really hazy.  Other than that, I've got nothing.  Sorry!!!

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

I am looking for clean versions (even original film footage) of the following TV commercials:


 -Pontiac GTO The Judge (two versions) 1969
 -Pontiac Breakaway 1969
 -Mattel Swingy Doll 1969


The Mattel doll was featured on this DVD by a company called Videomercials or 80scommercials.com
50s, 60s, 70s Kids Commercials Vol. 53 (2-Hours) {Exclusive}

Please let me know if anyone can help.

Thank you so much for your time.



Ron

Share this post


Link to post

I've been trying to figure this one out for over 10 years.

Commercial around 1997-2000.  A creepy old man is walking around his house, looking at pictures of his family taped to the wall. He's happy to be alone, and points out the pictures. There's a vague insinuation that he has made it so that they will never come home again; somehow they came to a bad end. He'd end a thought in a satisfied, sighing "Yah... yah... yahhhhhh."

This is what he sounded like: https://vocaroo.com/i/s0obM4TNeOZx

I'm thinking it was usually aired on a basic cable channel, like VH1 or Comedy Central. Possibly a commercial for a multifunction printer, which he used to print the pictures?  Maybe something like WebTV or Hotmail?

Someone else remembered the commercial and says, 

Quote

I can't find it, but I remember a computer (I think) commercial where an old man is shuffling through his house talking about things he's done with his computer, but they all sound weird/creepy. "I got rid of my no-good cousin, yah yah" as he's shown deleting photos, "I sent my grandkids to [place], yah yah" he emails video of said kids.

Share this post


Link to post

There's one Meijer's ad I've been trying to find for years that had two fighting sweaters in it. It's a holiday/Christmas ad.

If anyone can be able to help me find it, it would be great.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm looking for a commercial (I think it was for a car) that had people posing (with their car) in front of a landscape and then posing years later with the same car holding the original photo (I'm assuming to show how long the car will last).  

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, BooksRule said:

I'm looking for a commercial (I think it was for a car) that had people posing (with their car) in front of a landscape and then posing years later with the same car holding the original photo (I'm assuming to show how long the car will last).  

Sounds familiar.  I'm thinking Subaru, but I'm not 100% sure.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

My uncle is looking for a commercial. 

He says it's from the 80s. Possibly 90s. He thinks it might have been a Country Time lemonade commercial. He remembers people floating lazily down a creek in the sun on inner tubes. It may have been extolling the virtues of summer or taking it easy or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Aryanna said:

He remembers people floating lazily down a creek in the sun on inner tubes. It may have been extolling the virtues of summer or taking it easy or something like that.

I seem to remember that, but I don't remember what it was for.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/31/2019 at 3:26 PM, friendperidot said:

I seem to remember that, but I don't remember what it was for.

Thanks anyway

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wish I could find some of those old Maxwell House commercials from the 1970' featuring Margaret 'Wicked Witch of the West' Hamilton who played Cora the General Store Proprietress.  Although it seemed Cora had been a pillar of this community for many decades with her vital store keeping  that tiny rural town supplied [especially with coffee]  which only seemed to have a church as its other non-residential building, we never learned whether  Cora was widowed, divorced or had never married nor whether she'd built the store from the ground up herself or had inherited it from her late father/husband. Regardless, I always looked forward to those ads as though I was visiting a family friend and wished they'd turned those commercials into a series and it seemed as though the other characters that passed through could have been interesting as well (including a teen David Caruso playing a doubting Thomas scoffer). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There’s several on YouTube.

The ones I’ve always heard about but have never seen are the Geritol “My wife, I think I’ll keep her” ads.  They’ve never come up even on a YT search.  They would’ve been slightly before my time, and I don’t doubt that they existed, but it’s like they’ve been shoved down the memory hole.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, smittykins said:

There’s several on YouTube.

The ones I’ve always heard about but have never seen are the Geritol “My wife, I think I’ll keep her” ads.  They’ve never come up even on a YT search.  They would’ve been slightly before my time, and I don’t doubt that they existed, but it’s like they’ve been shoved down the memory hole.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, Blergh said:

I wish I could find some of those old Maxwell House commercials from the 1970' featuring Margaret 'Wicked Witch of the West' Hamilton who played Cora the General Store Proprietress.  Although it seemed Cora had been a pillar of this community for many decades with her vital store keeping  that tiny rural town supplied [especially with coffee]  which only seemed to have a church as its other non-residential building, we never learned whether  Cora was widowed, divorced or had never married nor whether she'd built the store from the ground up herself or had inherited it from her late father/husband. Regardless, I always looked forward to those ads as though I was visiting a family friend and wished they'd turned those commercials into a series and it seemed as though the other characters that passed through could have been interesting as well (including a teen David Caruso playing a doubting Thomas scoffer). 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Popples said:

Thanks for this  and nice touches to have her recall her own father having a clock like the younger couple had bought AND sniffing the pineapple before putting it on the display shelf. Yes, even though these things had nothing to do with the main plot (or the sponsored coffee), it helped give the exchange more depth! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the name of this ad/ have a link to it, I remember watching an ad a couple of years ago where there people on the tradmill in the gym and they use an almost caged chicken analogy, and then they switch to people running outdoors and are free, was advertising some sports brand but for the life of me I can't seem to find it when searching

Please help, much appreciated!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

I live in Atlanta, so i don't know if this commercial is local or national....the commercial features a husband and wife who come home to see that their daughter is having a party that they didn't know about....the wife tells the car to turn on the house lights...when the house lights come on, all of the kids, except the daughter, scatter....the parents sarcastically motion to the daughter if it's ok for them to come inside, to which the daughter frantically shakes her head "no"...i'm thinking the commercial has something to do with voice activation (ie being able to turn on house lights from car)....i found this commercial pretty amusing and would like to see it again...if anyone can help me locate it, i'd appreciate it....thanks....

Share this post


Link to post

It had an indian (played by a white guy) saying some days are harder than others. In the background you hear the quote dont shoot till you see the whites ofvtheir eyes.

He then puts on sunglasses saying something like: then other days are great.

I seem to remember it being gregor fisher but im not certain if thats correct or not. 

Share this post


Link to post

https://youtu.be/_y61azjlL-I

That clip sounds horrible, so please prepare your ears for listening to it. 

It should be mentioned that it is a woman singing the jingle. And she sings it in the pitch that you heard in the clip, only beautifully.

It sounds almost like a Native Indian American vocalization.

The only time I can confirm one hundred percent is back in 2014 it was still playing on TV, but I think I remember it from as far back as at least 2002. Could be anything, a water commercial, a hair or makeup commercial, company jingle. There might have been the sound of a rain forest or waterfall in the background, too.

That's the whole jingle, though. I had heard it coming from the TV a lot when I was younger, but I have not heard it as much recently. Does anyone remember where it came from.

I've been hearing from the TV for almost twenty years, I guess? I could be wrong, but the first memories I have of it were from the late nineties or the early two-thousands.

Usually at night, and my parents used to watch a lot of FOX and ABC TV, but I can't be sure it was a commercial or company or TV jingle from those channels or not. 

I live in the United States, and I was living in Pennsylvania at that time.

Thank you to anyone who could possibly help me find this jingle. I've been looking for it now for quite a few years at this point. :-)

Share this post


Link to post

I need help finding two commercials.

1. A man met a woman while at a bar and then they went back at his house and started having sex when he saw his mother or grandmother stirring a bowl

2. I remember two kids staring at each other in a staring contest from different schools in front of a screen.

Can anyone help me?

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Adder23678 said:

I need help finding two commercials.

1. A man met a woman while at a bar and then they went back at his house and started having sex when he saw his mother or grandmother stirring a bowl

2. I remember two kids staring at each other in a staring contest from different schools in front of a screen.

Can anyone help me?

Don't recal the first one at all, but IIRC, the 2nd one was for a computer or communications company, and the kids were actually on different continents.

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/10/2019 at 10:49 AM, funky-rat said:

Don't recal the first one at all, but IIRC, the 2nd one was for a computer or communications company, and the kids were actually on different continents.

What's the name?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...