Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Stalked this page. Bless her heart. Where is her dance teacher?? I would be like honey, the DCC doesn’t baton twirl, have a chest high kickine, or fouetté 8 times in a row. We need to work on facials, shoulder/epaulement, omg. Please tell me you have mastered pulling up through our upper body and kicking while turning out and smiling since 2016.  To the nose, darling our shins must be TO THE NOSE!!!! Why are we apartment shopping when we should be kickline training omg. No time WE HAVE NO TIME ? ???

? I’m sorry. I wish her the best but some people need to know that this level of pro cheer/dance requires pro dance cheer experience. At her rate, I would smoke her on the kickline and my ass is 5’6, 170 pounds and I haven’t seen my abs since 2004. Even I realize that I am not exactly ready to lease apartments and try out for a pro dance team let alone the caliber of dancers who try out for DCC and still don’t get picked omg are you kidding me, girl??SHE NEEDS FRIENDS TO KEEP IT REAL WITH HER. 

I support those chasing dreams. I don’t support people who are delusional. And that’s! my! opinion! Tamra Judge styles. ?

I'm sure she is a sweet girl. She is (or was) captain of her university's tiny dance team. She obviously knew she had some work to do, but she is woefully unprepared and it will be immediately obvious to her this weekend. Just looking at one video of her team performing...that's their competition routine. Presumably that's the best of everything in their arsenal. I'm not even sure if Darling Deputies or Texas Legends would be within her reach.

I hope the DCC audition is more of a bucket list thing for her than a serious dream to make the team, because she is about to get her little heart broken.

In the beginning formation, I think she's the one all the way on the left tip of the formation (our left) with the long dark hair that isn't red at the ends.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I'm sure she is a sweet girl. She is (or was) captain of her university's tiny dance team. She obviously knew she had some work to do, but she is woefully unprepared and it will be immediately obvious to her this weekend. Just looking at one video of her team performing...that's their competition routine. Presumably that's the best of everything in their arsenal. I'm not even sure if Darling Deputies or Texas Legends would be within her reach.

I hope the DCC audition is more of a bucket list thing for her than a serious dream to make the team, because she is about to get her little heart broken.

In the beginning formation, I think she's the one all the way on the left tip of the formation (our left) with the long dark hair that isn't red at the ends.

Oy vey. The folks on this thread could come up with a better routine than this. I am not going to stomp on their love of dance. Dance your heart out no matter your level or age!! I just....can’t. I can’t with the choreo. Not everyone needs to be LSU or Wildcat levels but....I feel like Napoleon Dynamite put this together. Okay so for audition speculation purposes, and if Road To Dcc Chick has the same technique and style as 2016, I give her a huge NO on my judge’s card. Neal would say she’s hot, I'm sure. ?

• Love 3

Poor thing doesn't have a chance if those are her skills as of right now.  She wouldn't even make it past pre-lims.  Her best bet is to get a job and an apartment, skip auditions entirely and head straight to Kitty Carter for a year of intensive training and that's IF Kitty thinks she has the potential to be a DCC at some point in the future.  Heck, the girls in the following video have a better chance of being a DCC than she does and that's even if they decide not to show up.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I also would not be surprise if a few girls go to her for advice long before CMT ask certain girls to end up at her studio for solos.

If I was young/slim/attractive/eloquent/capable of a jump split/and (last-but-not-least) a compelling dancer with years of training, and was trying out for DCC, I would absolutely be haunting Kitty for at least 6 months prior to auditions, getting in as many technique classes and privates as I possibly could, and putting in Taryn-level dedication to my flexibility (yes I know she obviously didn't make the final cut - but from everything I ever heard, she worked her ass off - and she clawed her way up from barely squeaking into training camp to being the very last cut.  That is enormously impressive, and evocative of the right work ethic).

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, any girl who DOESN'T make it to Finals and who plans to return the next year should make an appointment with Kitty after Finals and get an evaluation done just to see where she puts the girl in terms of raw talent, ability and training.  Unless Kitty says "Don't bother even trying, you don't have the talent/look/skills etc and aren't likely to get them in the next year", then those who are serious should see about moving to Dallas and taking classes at whatever studio suits her best and, if possible, have privates with Kitty and/or share time in a small group of future DCC hopefuls.  That way, they could hopefully develop into the type of performer that the DCC need. 

ALL OF THIS.

8 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Sadly, some of these girls just don't have it, no matter how much time they spend with Kitty.

Sadly, this too.  Effort and emotional vestment don't invariably - or even often - equal success.  I think that's the mistake some girls seem to make year after year.  Meaghan Flaherty (even though I liked her, I thought her attitude was really immature) and Vivian Ralena (loved her the first year, was appalled the second) are examples of this to me.  I feel like they thought they already "paid" for being a DCC by the work they felt they put in, and felt entitled to it as a result.  I know Whitney got some shade about this, but I feel like she was FAR more mature and humble, and really put the work in sincerely.  I think the question of "don't have it" was mainly related to her just not being as much of a performer as being a DCC demands, and even though she seemed really down-to-earth and thoughtful in interviews, it wasn't enough to make up for what she was lacking there.  Kitty would have helped her there tremendously.

I don't think there are necessarily any girls trying out this year with the same kind of hubris or entitlement about their emotional vestment as Meaghan and Vivian, unless it's possibly Victoria Kalina.  There have been many many mixed reviews about her attitude.  What is encouraging though is that the shade I've seen (unless I've missed something) has all been second-hand, or inferential about the way she dances to front, rather than first-hand experience, whereas I do remember seeing a girl here who actually trained with her and who said she was very sweet.  I feel like it's a lot more likely that she is a nice girl.

I would honestly really hate to wish Fate of Cassie on any girl trying out, but I'm hoping that the shade about her attitude is based on some kind of nebulous resentment for being Tina Kalina's daughter, and not reality (side note:  I LOVE Tina Kalina ?).  And honestly, Tina Kalina's daughter or not, I don't think for a minute that Kitty Carter would send her out the door without giving her solid, honest critiques, and doing her level best to help her.  Kitty is fabulous ?

3 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

At her rate, I would smoke her on the kickline and my ass is 5’6, 170 pounds and I haven’t seen my abs since 2004.

you just made me choke on my tea ?

• Love 6

I feel so bad for the "road to DCC" girl!! Sadly, girls make these small college teams and put themselves into a "college" dance team level, which they are not.

Most super small college dance teams aren't even as good as some HS teams. 

You would think someone would give this girl a serious assessment. My heart just breaks for her!!

• Love 4
9 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I hope the DCC audition is more of a bucket list thing for her than a serious dream to make the team

She's renting an apartment in Dallas, I have a feeling she's pretty serious.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Unless Kitty says "Don't bother even trying, you don't have the talent/look/skills etc and aren't likely to get them in the next year", then those who are serious should see about moving to Dallas and taking classes at whatever studio suits her best and, if possible, have privates with Kitty and/or share time in a small group of future DCC hopefuls. 

Kitty's opinion on looks isn't foolproof, though.  She said last season that she didn't think Tara was attractive enough...tbh I agree, but Kelli/Judy/Charlotte did not :) 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Kitty's opinion on looks isn't foolproof, though.  She said last season that she didn't think Tara was attractive enough...tbh I agree, but Kelli/Judy/Charlotte did not :) 

Kitty also had an issue with Erica's hair, so yeah, she should really stick to critiquing the talent, especially with the bird's nest on top of her head.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Miss Kitty was not the only one. A few of the judges voted no against Erica because of her hair also. I thought it was silly too, but at least Melissa stood up for her.

Erica needed Melissa to defend her?  Yikes, I wish I could rewatch that season, I don't remember that!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Erica needed Melissa to defend her?  Yikes, I wish I could rewatch that season, I don't remember that!

I think that was all for CMT.

Most likely, but still!  I'm mad that I don't remember it happening :(

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think Tara is pretty but she needs to somehow glam it up a bit more. She looks really plain next to others with their tans and long curled hair. Even Amy with her short hair has something more. I dont know what it is that she needs though. Just something!... 

• Love 1

While we know looks aren't everything and changes can be made, unfortunately a girl can, and will, be cut in auditions without a second glance if they don't have an overall good impression.  What makes up that good impression, I don't know, but look at Kaitlyn (sp?), the LSU dancer.  Everyone thought she would be a shoe-in with her dancing and kicks and all she needed was a makeover, but she was cut.  Whether or not there was any truth to the rumor that she had bad references from people she danced with at LSU or elsewhere, I don't know, but we don't always know what goes on.  We've also seen girls who weren't the best dancers and didn't have the kicks, but made the team on sheer beauty alone.  Kelsey definitely has the looks, but, if she was all looks, but couldn't really dance, she'd likely have been gone after her first year (as we've seen with many a girl).

• Love 1
19 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

is girl is interesting. She started her page 2 years ago when she was a sophomore in college, saying she planned to audition her senior year. She hasn't posted much in the past couple of years, but she's a senior now and just moved to Dallas.

I'm in Wisconsin and have heard of Carroll University (formerly Carroll College) which is in Waukesha, WI.  I think it's probably a smaller private (high priced) one. She might think she has a chance seeing 2 other WI girls made pro/semi-pro teams; DCC Stephanie and Elise (former AAIA).

21 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

This girl is beautiful and is a good dancer, but after watching some of her videos on Instagram she doesn't seem to have a lot of flexibility. I bet TPTB would also want to soften out her look. But she definitely  seems to have energy and power and if she can kick, I hope they consider her. They have a lot of spots to fill.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Oy vey. The folks on this thread could come up with a better routine than this. I am not going to stomp on their love of dance. Dance your heart out no matter your level or age!! I just....can’t. I can’t with the choreo. Not everyone needs to be LSU or Wildcat levels but....I feel like Napoleon Dynamite put this together. Okay so for audition speculation purposes, and if Road To Dcc Chick has the same technique and style as 2016, I give her a huge NO on my judge’s card. Neal would say she’s hot, I'm sure. ?

11 hours ago, ByTor said:

She's renting an apartment in Dallas, I have a feeling she's pretty serious.

I watched her Instagram videos...so sad.  I am not being mean....but her dancing isn't refined enough to make the team.  I guess If you never try, You never know...

• Love 3

Looking through Hannah's Instagram (road_to_DCC girl), she just doesn't have it.  Her turns are sloppy and she not only lacks precision, but power.  In the two improvisation I saw, her skills looked like they belonged in a beginner-to-intermediate dance routine for girls who haven't been dancing for more than two or so years.  Her transitions are sloppy and she has to obviously prepare for every turn.  Her jumps are low and sloppy.  Frankly, I don't think this girl is going to get out of pre-lims at all.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Looking through Hannah's Instagram (road_to_DCC girl), she just doesn't have it.  Her turns are sloppy and she not only lacks precision, but power.  In the two improvisation I saw, her skills looked like they belonged in a beginner-to-intermediate dance routine for girls who haven't been dancing for more than two or so years.  Her transitions are sloppy and she has to obviously prepare for every turn.  Her jumps are low and sloppy.  Frankly, I don't think this girl is going to get out of pre-lims at all.  

I found her facebook and she went on a trip to Dallas in March to look for a job an an apartment. Interestingly, she also taught a dance class while there. What kind of class and to who (whom?) I have no idea. Anyway, there's no telling whether she actually moved or still plans to.

The story I'm telling myself is that her dance videos are from last summer, so maybe she's been grinding it out in classes since then. And the most recent photo is from March, so maybe she got a crash course in the DCC look and has her hair and makeup on point now. She sells that "it works!" stuff that Jackie Bob was pushing, and she seems to have a little hustle in her. Maybe she can do it. Maybe she will turn up for the open call and kill it. That's what I'm hoping. Otherwise my brain won't be able to make sense of a girl who wants it enough to make an instagram page like hers, plan for two years, and move a thousand miles, presumably leaving her family, friends, and boyfriend behind, but who doesn't want it enough to actually do the work to improve.

• Love 3
58 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Otherwise my brain won't be able to make sense of a girl who wants it enough to make an instagram page like hers, plan for two years, and move a thousand miles, presumably leaving her family, friends, and boyfriend behind, but who doesn't want it enough to actually do the work to improve.

There are plenty of girls who think that, because they're the best at their studio or on their dance team, they will be the best everywhere they go.  Until they're not.  Plenty of them show up for NFL/NBA dance teams and are stunned to find out that they're not the best dancers after all, especially since a lot of them won't have gone to the biggest/best competitions in the nation that draw the best dancers.  A lot of them also go to New York or LA and expect to the be the best girls at the Broadway/Hollywood auditions and get a healthy dose of reality.  It's the girls who know they are GOOD but could be BETTER that really get the job done.  Holly is an exceptional dancer, but I'm suspecting that even she is finding it tough going in the world of Hollywood. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I just found out the Dallas Marshalls are out of business. I guess we'll see alllllll those darlin' deputies at DCC auditions this weekend!

Speaking of which...One last prep class with Sarah. She's hitting it harder than all of those girls. I think that is DD Maddie Dillon in the front with the white tank and black leggings.

It is fun watching the one with the ponytail swinging it all around.

Victoria getting those final workouts in. Oh man, I really hope she brings it and earns it. Or doesn't, and doesn't. Please Lord, do not put her on the team if she doesn't deserve it. I don't think I can take hearing about it ad nauseum for the next however many years.                                                                                  
Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I'm in Wisconsin and have heard of Carroll University (formerly Carroll College) which is in Waukesha, WI.  I think it's probably a smaller private (high priced) one. She might think she has a chance seeing 2 other WI girls made pro/semi-pro teams; DCC Stephanie and Elise (former AAIA).

Hi fellow Sconie! I actually attended a few classes at Carroll University, they have an excellent nursing program. I ultimately switched to the UW-system as Carroll's requirements to complete a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing did not (at the time) work well for a full time employee and single parent. Did you notice the dance competition was held at Concordia University? They also have a campus in Mequon. Concordia is on the shortlist of schools my (high school sophomore) son is considering. They have an excellent grant program for students who graduate from a Lutheran high school. 

10 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I really hope she makes it!!

This gal definitely has potential in the looks department. If she tones up a little bit and works on the showmanship and style she stands a good chance.

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

This gal definitely has potential in the looks department. If she tones up a little bit and works on the showmanship and style she stands a good chance.

Her abs are ripped!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DancingNurse said:

Her abs are ripped!

No, they aren't.  At least not in that video.  She needs to tone up and sharpen her presentation.  No way she'll make it based on the skills demonstrated in that video.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

No, they aren't.  At least not in that video.  She needs to tone up and sharpen her presentation.  No way she'll make it based on the skills demonstrated in that video.

You must not know what abs look like. You can see the damn lines down the sides! LOL! Looks as good if not better than most the girls I've seen in this forum easily!

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Eagle11 said:

You must not know what abs look like. You can see the damn lines down the sides! LOL! Looks as good if not better than most the girls I've seen in this forum easily!

This. I definitely see a lot of definition without her looking rock hard (I think that's ugly, Btw). This girl looks great to me.

• Love 6
36 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

This. I definitely see a lot of definition without her looking rock hard (I think that's ugly, Btw). This girl looks great to me.

Yeah she is great. She reminds me so much of old DCC Kali that got cut in 2013/2014? 

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

I’m not a fan of the Lauren/Kelli 6 pack thing either.

• Love 9
(edited)

For all of the speculation about Savannah being a weak link... she just received rookie of the year... so I'm guessing she is stronger than people think. I know I saw her as one of the weaker rookies.

Edited by Kayce
adding text
  • Love 4

Does anyone know what part of the Solo audition day this is?  Looks like when the national anthem gets played but we never see this (or not that I recall) on MTT.

DCC-Finals-12.jpg

3 hours ago, Kayce said:

For all of the speculation about Savannah being a weak link... she just received rookie of the year... so I'm guessing she is stronger than people think. I know I saw her as one of the weaker rookies.

Dance wise, she definitely is the weakest rookie alongside Christina. That doesn't have anything to do with her popularity. She definitely looks like a nice person and teammate.

Kali looks amazing indeed!

6 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Does anyone know what part of the Solo audition day this is?  Looks like when the national anthem gets played but we never see this (or not that I recall) on MTT.

DCC-Finals-12.jpg

Why would they play the national anthem during auditions?

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Dance wise, she definitely is the weakest rookie alongside Christina. That doesn't have anything to do with her popularity. She definitely looks like a nice person and teammate.

Kali looks amazing indeed!

Why would they play the national anthem during auditions?

it's Texas!!! America's Team!! i'd be shocked if they didn't tbh :) 

• Love 9
(edited)
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

it's Texas!!! America's Team!! i'd be shocked if they didn't tbh :) 

Really?  I had no idea!  Have a brother who's lived in Austin for 35 years and never heard about this.  Will be sure and give him some teasing about it.  We love to give each other good natured grief! ;o)

Edited by go4luca
stupid typo
51 minutes ago, go4luca said:

DCC-Finals-12.jpg

Anybody know who numbers 64 and 65 are? Could 65 be Elizabeth?

On 5/3/2018 at 11:37 AM, DancingNurse said:

Her abs are ripped!

My comment on her toning up was based on how the outfit makes her look so she could very well be in excellent shape but the outfit isn't flattering on her or on film. Anyway,  if she can truly own the showmanship and style all the way through each time she dances and actually has the DCC body top to bottom then she has a great chance. 

• Love 1
On 5/1/2018 at 10:39 PM, sleepyjean said:

This girl is interesting. She started her page 2 years ago when she was a sophomore in college, saying she planned to audition her senior year. She hasn't posted much in the past couple of years, but she's a senior now and just moved to Dallas.

OH my goodness. Bless her pea pickin' little heart! 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luvboo said:

63 needs a hamburger shes very tiny

I think Tara looks fine. ??‍♀️ I just wish they’d change her hair because imo that’s what would take her to the next level looks wise.

• Love 3