Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She is trying out.

OK, in full disclosure, I do not dance nor do I know much about it. I know what I like and dislike. To ME, Stephanie Dibiase Wheat's choreography looks like it's just random moves thrown together. I mean this particular one, I would expect to see at halftime in my son's high school. I'm just not a fan. 

• Love 6

No offense to her, but I do not think she has the DCC look. Some or most of the DCC squad routines remind me of the routines my high school drill team would do. I wonder with former DCC Megan as the new University of Montana Drill Team Dance Coach will be seeing girls from Montana trying out in the future. I would love to see a girl from Montana make the team. Former Cowboys Player Pat Donovan went to my high school for two years.

Edited by bigskygirl

Does anyone have any info on Alise Garcia of the Mavs? Will she be coming back to the DCC?

3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Not sure why the above says that pix was deleted from IG.  It is still on her IG.

Taylor Longenecker

It’s a private Instagram. 

On 4/24/2018 at 10:23 PM, parrotfeathers said:

Is anyone else surprised Madeline hasn't spoken up or, if she retires, are you surprised at that?   What is her career?

She's coming back to try out for sure!

IMG_0757.PNG

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TrashPanda said:

Does anyone have any info on Alise Garcia of the Mavs? Will she be coming back to the DCC?

It’s a private Instagram. 

I believe Alise will be staying with the Mavs! I’m almost positive the majority of them are staying so I feel like their auditions will be super tough as I don’t believe there will be many open spots 

UGH. Victoria Kalina with her spastic dancing. She comes across like an attention whore. Hopefully, if she is featured on the show, I will be proven wrong, but she rubs me the wrong way already. Megan is a pretty girl, but she needs to find another hair color. That yellow blonde is too bright. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 3

I am bummed not to see Kaitlyn (sp)( LSU dancer) on the list. I thought she was a great dancer with amazing high kicks.  If they didn't take her into training camp because of her look, thats crazy! A hair change would be easy and I think she actually does have a pretty face. There have been many DCC who didnt have a super pretty face but danced well. I think girls who can literally kick to their nose make the kickline stronger.  

• Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, bigskygirl said:

I wonder who will teach the semi-finals routine. I say Jennifer, Jinelle, and Robin. but I am probably wrong.

Not Jennifer... she announced that she is preggers :-)   But then again... she may because shes in such good shape, and they say keep doing what you've done even after you become pregnant. Ive seen runners REALLY PREGGO

Edited by mcmrdh
  • Love 3

Jennifer’s pregnancy is probably still early so I doubt she’ll stop dancing this soon. I believe she’s still been teaching recently. No idea if she’ll teach the semi finals routine or not but I wouldn’t count her out.

I will say I think Jennifer is more likely than Holly since Holly isn’t an All Star.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, Smplsimon said:

Victoria Kalina is a TERRIBLE dancer -- she's one of the biggest jokes of the local dance community.  You know she'll make it though.

She's really not though. I like watching her dance and I know the hard work she's put in. Just my humble opinion though.

On 4/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, 5678Pixie said:

She is trying out.

Hey, yeah I'm not. Never planned on auditioning this year, I just like to take dance classes. ?

• Love 12
On 4/28/2018 at 6:30 AM, dccfan37 said:

Hi friends! Here’s the updated list! I think this is everyone we have found so far :) 

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Bella @_bellabells (Twitter)

Grace Patterson @gracevictoriapatterson

Minerva Benitez @minervabenitezz

Megan Rose @meganr230

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Taylor @taytauss

Lindsey Waldron @lindseycwaldrop

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Angela Huang @angelalynnhuang

Danielle Marie @road2dance

Heather @dmdd_heather

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Kevelyn Jones @kevelynnnn (Private)

Kortni Price @kortniprice

Molly Eagleton @molly_charanell

Brittany Elle @thebrittanyelle

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Bree @breejackai

Madelyn Frances @madelynfrances

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Shannon Elkins @shannonrachele

Dominique @black_beauty

Hannah-Grace Abrigg @slayybrigg

Anyssa Surprenant @anyssa_surprenant

Kimber Westphall @kimber_westphall

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells_ (private)

Lacey Jean @laceyjean17

Britton Swanson @britton_swanson

Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15

Monyca Warren @oh_monmon

Kelly Brice @_kells.bells. (Private)

Amanda Bishop @amandabishop77

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Brianna Shea @briannalshea 

Morgan Jones @mojojojo_jones

Belinda Kathryn @belindak04

Randi Sundquist @randisunquist 

Tay @misstayyroshea

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro

Also to add to this...

Brooke Johns @brookejohnss 

Is auditioning!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Wait up! Veteran former DCC Danielle is reauditioning? 

no she's not...lol check out the address after the name :-)

• Love 1

One of the things I don't like about MTT is the night before finals they call some girls into have Kitty watch their solos.  These girls are exhausted, stressed and nervous.  The last thing they would want to do is go to  this but they wouldn't dare say no to doing it.   It would be fine if they had girls that wanted to volunteer to do this or if Kitty would do it a couple of week before finals.   This is all for TV ratings.  I wish Kitty would stand up for these girls and so NO to this.  These girls need  that night to be doing last minute things they each need to work on, not sitting around watching Kitty critique everyone.  Waste of time and Kitty probably gets in some of the girls heads and not in a good way.  Sometimes she has even changed their costume the night before.  That seems so stressful to me.  This would never happen if you were trying out for the Olympics and these girls train all year like they are.   It takes courage to try out and the girls all need to do what is best for them.  I don't like them being told they MUST do this.  

• Love 1

I do not think the girls are being forced to do this. I think going to Miss Kitty is voluntary. Just like having a prep class a day before Prelims. No one is being force to try out or having Miss Kitty look at their solo routine. They know the score before trying out. Plus the fact Miss Kitty knows what to look for and helps the girls improve for finals. Plus the fact trying out to be a DCC is not the same as going out for the Olympics. If the girls feel they cannot handle it, they should not be trying out.

(edited)

I was told CMT picked the girls and I do not believe anyone would dare say no to this.  I believe all the girls trying out can handle this I just feel they could make better use of their time.  It is done for ratings only.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3

I bet no one would say no because Miss Kitty can help improve their solo. They are not be dragged into Miss Kitty's studio kicking and screaming no please do not make me do this. Miss Kitty is there to help them, not hurt them. She may be tough on the girls, but she has their best interest at heart and wants to help them make it into TC and/or on the squad.

(edited)

She does some of it for the TV show.  She actually isn't as mean as they make her out to be.   She has told some of the DCC that she is getting tired of them making her out the bad lady.  

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I remember when some of the vets would attend Kitty's studio to show their solos.  In seasons 3, 4 and maybe 5. 

Having the vets attend would be the best way to do it.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I bet no one would say no because Miss Kitty can help improve their solo. They are not be dragged into Miss Kitty's studio kicking and screaming no please do not make me do this. Miss Kitty is there to help them, not hurt them. She may be tough on the girls, but she has their best interest at heart and wants to help them make it into TC and/or on the squad.

I don’t think 5678Pixie claimed that anyone was being forced, kicking and screaming, to see Kitty - just that if you’re a girl that CMT is following, and they want you to go Kitty’s, you go whether you want to or not. That rings completely true to me. Otherwise, the girl may get labeled with the “she’s arrogant; she thinks she’s too good to need help,” rep, when in reality, she may have had plans to see someone else (another former DCC) who could help her prepare for finals. Now, i don’t feel pity for the girls. If they’re asked to go to Kitty's, then it means that they’ve caught someone’s eye already, but i definitely don’t think it’s truly optional.  

It’s like when you’re interning somewhere, and they have “social events,” (that no one really has fun at). Sure, they’re not mandatory, but in reality, you better be there if you want a permanent job. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t think 5678Pixie claimed that anyone was being forced, kicking and screaming, to see Kitty - just that if you’re a girl that CMT is following, and they want you to go Kitty’s, you go whether you want to or not. That rings completely true to me. Otherwise, the girl may get labeled with the “she’s arrogant; she thinks she’s too good to need help,” rep, when in reality, she may have had plans to see someone else (another former DCC) who could help her prepare for finals. Now, i don’t feel pity for the girls. If they’re asked to go to Kitty's, then it means that they’ve caught someone’s eye already, but i definitely don’t think it’s truly optional.  

It’s like when you’re interning somewhere, and they have “social events,” (that no one really has fun at). Sure, they’re not mandatory, but in reality, you better be there if you want a permanent job. 

Amen!!!!!!!!!

• Love 2
(edited)
43 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Are we sure this actually takes place the night before? Especially with the costume changes, that doesn't seem possible.

Just watched a few finals episodes, and the girls go to Miss Kitty the day before interviews, so the girls are not showing Miss Kitty their solos the day before finals start. Shannon said after the Miss Kitty watching the solo scenes, she had to work on her outfit and solo and get ready for interviews the next day. 

Edited by bigskygirl

One of the things I don't like about MTT is the night before finals they call some girls into have Kitty watch their solos. 

I know Kitty does try to help, but yeah, how much could she help on only one night?  I think she could watch the solos earlier and offer advice, and the candidates could return so she could see how they progressed, but returning the night before seems like that could be detrimental.

She has told some of the DCC that she is getting tired of them making her out the bad lady.  

Interesting!  I always felt like she enjoyed being characterized that way.

• Love 3

I think Miss Kitty gives some decent advice when it comes to solos. The girls are not at her studio the night before finals. They are there the day before interviews (not the night before final solo routines and field routine/kick line/jump splits.) I also would not be surprise if a few girls go to her for advice long before CMT ask certain girls to end up at her studio for solos.

27 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I also would not be surprise if a few girls go to her for advice long before CMT ask certain girls to end up at her studio for solos.

I wouldn't either, considering pretty much all the locals go to her studio for classes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Frankly, any girl who DOESN'T make it to Finals and who plans to return the next year should make an appointment with Kitty after Finals and get an evaluation done just to see where she puts the girl in terms of raw talent, ability and training.  Unless Kitty says "Don't bother even trying, you don't have the talent/look/skills etc and aren't likely to get them in the next year", then those who are serious should see about moving to Dallas and taking classes at whatever studio suits her best and, if possible, have privates with Kitty and/or share time in a small group of future DCC hopefuls.  That way, they could hopefully develop into the type of performer that the DCC need. 

Sadly, some of these girls just don't have it, no matter how much time they spend with Kitty.  I know Meaghan F. trained with Kitty for a year after her first attempt at Training Camp and, while she did improve a lot during that time, I seem to remember Kitty telling her (during a Training Camp scene during Meaghan's second attempt) something along the lines of "You embarrassed me tonight.  You don't look like you've put in any effort and I know you can do better.  You have done better in my studio."  I wouldn't be surprised if Kitty WAS embarrassed because Meaghan hadn't improved to the level the DCC needed her to be at despite all her hard work.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Frankly, any girl who DOESN'T make it to Finals and who plans to return the next year should make an appointment with Kitty after Finals and get an evaluation done just to see where she puts the girl in terms of raw talent, ability and training.  Unless Kitty says "Don't bother even trying, you don't have the talent/look/skills etc and aren't likely to get them in the next year", then those who are serious should see about moving to Dallas and taking classes at whatever studio suits her best and, if possible, have privates with Kitty and/or share time in a small group of future DCC hopefuls.  That way, they could hopefully develop into the type of performer that the DCC need. 

Sadly, some of these girls just don't have it, no matter how much time they spend with Kitty.  I know Meaghan F. trained with Kitty for a year after her first attempt at Training Camp and, while she did improve a lot during that time, I seem to remember Kitty telling her (during a Training Camp scene during Meaghan's second attempt) something along the lines of "You embarrassed me tonight.  You don't look like you've put in any effort and I know you can do better.  You have done better in my studio."  I wouldn't be surprised if Kitty WAS embarrassed because Meaghan hadn't improved to the level the DCC needed her to be at despite all her hard work.

That makes sense to go to Kitty if you don't make finals, not to go to her at the eleventh hour of finals.  It would be great if she could tell some of the girls that will never make it to go try out for another team.  I agree with you some girls just don't have it.  

• Love 1

She did, so did Chantel and Bess. Those 3 were the last that had not announced it yet. There's another picture on the Insta story where you can see a list of the names. 

• Love 3

This girl is interesting. She started her page 2 years ago when she was a sophomore in college, saying she planned to audition her senior year. She hasn't posted much in the past couple of years, but she's a senior now and just moved to Dallas.

23 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

This girl is interesting. She started her page 2 years ago when she was a sophomore in college, saying she planned to audition her senior year. She hasn't posted much in the past couple of years, but she's a senior now and just moved to Dallas.

Stalked this page. Bless her heart. Where is her dance teacher?? I would be like honey, the DCC doesn’t baton twirl, have a chest high kickine, or fouetté 8 times in a row. We need to work on facials, shoulder/epaulement, omg. Please tell me you have mastered pulling up through our upper body and kicking while turning out and smiling since 2016.  To the nose, darling our shins must be TO THE NOSE!!!! Why are we apartment shopping when we should be kickline training omg. No time WE HAVE NO TIME ? ???

? I’m sorry. I wish her the best but some people need to know that this level of pro cheer/dance requires pro dance cheer experience. At her rate, I would smoke her on the kickline and my ass is 5’6, 170 pounds and I haven’t seen my abs since 2004. Even I realize that I am not exactly ready to lease apartments and try out for a pro dance team let alone the caliber of dancers who try out for DCC and still don’t get picked omg are you kidding me, girl??SHE NEEDS FRIENDS TO KEEP IT REAL WITH HER. 

I support those chasing dreams. I don’t support people who are delusional. And that’s! my! opinion! Tamra Judge styles. ?

• Love 13
(edited)
On 4/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

I am bummed not to see Kaitlyn (sp)( LSU dancer) on the list. I thought she was a great dancer with amazing high kicks.  If they didn't take her into training camp because of her look, thats crazy! A hair change would be easy and I think she actually does have a pretty face. There have been many DCC who didnt have a super pretty face but danced well. I think girls who can literally kick to their nose make the kickline stronger.  

I’d rather have a dancer who has lovely kicks and technique and be a 5 out of 10 than a mediocre kicker who is a 7. I hope she tries out again. Confused as to why they take people like Kathryn Dunn and not people with amazing dance skill but not so Hollywood ready faces. Makeovers make anyone look great. Why not give her a chance?? Ugh. Dcc kills me sometimes. ??‍♀️

Edited by Cappuccinagina
Tragic grammar and spelling. Tragic.
  • Love 2