Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think I read somewhere that it’s after finals and before training camp begins, so I guess when they have that week or two tap where the TCCs pack up and everything they’ll have the vets on calendar shoot. 

Someone said during one of the podcasts the calendar shoot will be within one and a half to two weeks after auditions are over. Calendar shoot swimsuit fittings will be on May 1st. It looks like the shoot will be before TC starts.

13 minutes ago, Originalroux said:

Why?  I’ve seen her IG posts from all over the world but never saw here “leaving DCC” announcement. 

Some don’t make announcements. She left to focus on school/travel abroad. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Originalroux said:

I think if they take Victoria into TC she’ll be dancing her way into the front of the triangle, taking out all the competition along the way. 

I'm laughing right now picturing this literally happening :)

• Love 11
(edited)

I didn't think she would come back.  Medical school is tough enough and demands a lot of the people involved.  However, from the things we've seen and heard, Kelli and Judy demand just as much, if not more, and seemingly expect the girls to drop everything in order to put DCC first.  Cersten would burn out and burn up if she tried to do both.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Or maybe they moved the date for something as simple as getting a better deal on a hotel in the location where they're doing the shoot.

I kinda assumed it was so that they include it in the MTT footage... they haven't shown the Calendar shoot since Season 7 or around then?  I'm sure when they are putting together episodes, a swimsuit calendar episode would be a popular and entertaining one?

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Stee said:

I kinda assumed it was so that they include it in the MTT footage... they haven't shown the Calendar shoot since Season 7 or around then?  I'm sure when they are putting together episodes, a swimsuit calendar episode would be a popular and entertaining one?

That definitely sounds possible.

Ladies....think about it.   It really is ALL about the money with DCC.   Mandy really was a glitch, they have always made the mistake of taking rookies to the calendar shoot.  So thinking the cut rookies/vets at try outs had anything do do with it shows ignorance.  There have always been rookies cut th following year.  Even the Erica/Holly/Jenna would not have changed anything last year as editing already had  been sent to the publishers.  NOW if the powers that beeeee would have paid attention to some of the issues from the previous year........

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Ladies....think about it.   It really is ALL about the money with DCC.   Mandy really was a glitch, they have always made the mistake of taking rookies to the calendar shoot.  So thinking the cut rookies/vets at try outs had anything do do with it shows ignorance.  There have always been rookies cut th following year.  Even the Erica/Holly/Jenna would not have changed anything last year as editing already had  been sent to the publishers.  NOW if the powers that beeeee would have paid attention to some of the issues from the previous year........

What happened with Mandy?

(edited)
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

What happened with Mandy?

She went on calendar and then decided after they  got back that she was going to retire 

Edited by Holly85
7 hours ago, lfedncr said:

It’s never made sense to me why they would do the shoot before auditions. Money, time, editing, picking suits, etc. Seems very wasteful to send all the returning vets when they average around three veteran cuts at finals.

Go back and watch the last episode of season 5. Amy Reese was chosen for a month in the calendar, but the show was edited to make it seem like Ally Traylor was chosen instead. You could tell just by Ally’s “reaction” that it wasn’t real. When they show the back of the calendar (I think Tobie was the headliner, with small prints of all the other months) you can see Amy’s photo instead of Ally’s.

• Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, Stee said:

They showed the swimsuit calendar shoot  in Season 5 and Season 7. They pretended the shoot was after TC was over, but the shoot happened before auditions started. If they could show a part of the calendar shoot in two seasons along with swimsuit fittings in Season 2?, I am sure they do not need to move the shoot until after finals are over in order to film it for the show. I  still think the main reason for the changing of the shoot time is related to what happened during the present season between the number of vets who were cut at finals, left during TC, calling in at least three vets for weight during TC, all the behind the scene drama during TC, one vet leaving during the football season, and two rookies leaving before the season ends. In otherwords, only the girls who try out again and actually make it to TC are going on the shoot aka make sure the girls are at their best weight wise, behavior wise and being the total DCC wise.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

I  still think the main reason for the changing of the shoot time is related to what happened during the present season between the number of vets who were cut at finals, left during TC, calling in at least three vets for weight during TC, all the behind the scene drama during TC, one vet leaving during the football season, and two rookies leaving before the season ends. In otherwords, only the girls who try out again and actually make it to TC are going on the shoot

Yes, but you mention several things that happened after those who auditioned made it to TC, so doing the shoot between finals and TC doesn't help with that issue.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, but you mention several things that happened after those who auditioned made it to TC, so doing the shoot between finals and TC doesn't help with that issue.

Exactly. Now, I do think the fact that two to three vets tend to always get cut at final auditions, could play a role in this decision. However, the only way to make sure, as best as one can, that the girls who are photographed will also be the ones who are actually on the team is to have the shoot after the team is picked, and they’re still not doing that. 

• Love 1
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

True, they should be dealing with the weight issues at finals, and they had to know what was going on with Jenna and Holly at least before finals and TC started. I wonder if any girls with weight issues at finals who were not cut will be allowed to go on the shoot. Now if they decide to do the shoot after TC is over and before their first home game performance they really will send the message about towing the line. Maybe they will go back to not taking all the reauditioning veterans on the shoot.

14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She went on calendar and then decided after they  got back that she was going to retire 

Rumors were floating around she was going to be called out for her weight during her office visit with Kelli and Judy before finals, and she did not want it to be shown on the show so she left the squad.

Edited by bigskygirl
3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Now if they decide to do the shoot after TC is over and before their first home game performance they really will send the message about towing the line.

I really think this would be their best option.  Unless there isn't enough time and it would interfere with rehearsals leading up to their 1st performance.

3 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if any girls with weight issues at finals who were not cut will be allowed to go on the shoot.

Didn't Judy declare one season that they wouldn't be taking returning vets with weight issues back?  They didn't exactly follow through with that, did they? :)

• Love 2
(edited)

In my opinion, Judy's opinion about the weight issue (which I see her point of view) does not have the weight (sorry for the bad pun) does not matter too much because Kelli and Charlotte have more of a say so in the matter. I still cannot figure out why certain girls are cut for weight at the drop of a hat, but some girls are allowed to work losing the weight.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
18 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I didn't think she would come back.  Medical school is tough enough and demands a lot of the people involved.  However, from the things we've seen and heard, Kelli and Judy demand just as much, if not more, and seemingly expect the girls to drop everything in order to put DCC first.  Cersten would burn out and burn up if she tried to do both.

For some reason, I remember them discussing that she wouldn't come back in her sit down with them at the beginning of last season. I could be totally mistaken though. 

Edited by mayelynn
On 8/21/2016 at 3:53 PM, ShellyB said:

Originally, the calendar shoot took place after auditions in early June and some rookies went. Over time, the decision was made to keep calendar as a veteran perk. The shift in timing came with coordinating with our shoot sponsors. This also lead to only taking those that would be reaudition, since we like for the calendar to consist of as many current members in each calendar year. Auditions changed from April to May to help girls graduating from high school or college, most exams are over by the time we have our finals. 

• Love 3

I can totally see waiting until after auditions to have the calendar shoot from a logistics and money perspective.

However, I feel like with the timing change, there’s less of a motivation for vets on the fence of retiring (or 100% retiring) to stay in uniform shape in the waning ~8 weeks of the “season” (assuming it runs early May from auditions until late April). 

On 4/2/2018 at 9:24 PM, Holly85 said:

I heard Kelli confronted her about her weight while cmt was filming. Mandy got mad about it and quit.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2018 at 10:03 AM, hypeman said:

Oh damned!  We may have Dayton and Victoria this year. I fear that we'll have Cassie 2.0 times 2.

I hope that I am pleasantly surprised with their talent and work ethic. Cassie was never presented as being very strong. That doesn't mean she wasn't, or that she was a mean girl.  But I re-watched her seasons over Thanksgiving,  and she was shown as a blender, at best.

Has anyone seen Dayton at prep classes?.

Dayton was at Jennifer's class tonight.....yes Victoria was also there.

I remember Cassie having lots of strengths in certain areas.   If CMT had shown her as the greatest DCC since the invention of sliced bread people would have found fault with that too.  For Judy it had to be incredibly stressful for her daughter to be a DCC, knowing the criticism that would follow.  I'm thinking Shelly has made an effort to prepare her daughter for all the criticism.   I show my dog, and it has taken years for me to be able to just enjoy the relationship I have with her in the ring, knowing friends and others are critiquing our performance (and offering advice too).  In the end we all just have to do the best we can do that particular day.  Sometimes we are the windshield.  Sometimes we are the bug.  But that's a difficult life lesson, even for a farm girl like me.  I cannot imagine what it would be like for a DCC candidate.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I hereby solemnly swear that if they let Victoria on the team or even in training camp I will never utter another word about Cassie not deserving her spot ever again. 

Signed, sealed, delivered. 

• Love 17

Does anyone know if Katalyn, the LSU Tiger/Golden girl is going to try out again this year? She was so good, but they didn't like her look. I really hope she

tries again.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, DBAAT said:

Does anyone know if Katalyn, the LSU Tiger/Golden girl is going to try out again this year? She was so good, but they didn't like her look. I really hope she

tries again.

She doesn't seem to update her SM much so hard to tell...but it doesn't look like she's lightened her hair or anything so if she returns she'll have the same 'look'.  I like her and hope she tries out again! 

https://www.instagram.com/katelynngw/

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I hereby solemnly swear that if they let Victoria on the team or even in training camp I will never utter another word about Cassie not deserving her spot ever again. 

Which one is Victoria in that video?

2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Actually none of them are strong “POWERFUL” or “PROJECT”. If ya knowing what I mean .....????

• Love 2

Of course, Victoria went for the front and center again.  At least she didn't step out in front of everyone else in her line, but there wasn't anyone actually in the front of the room watching them, not other girls, not the instructor, no one (at least that I noticed).  I think, if there had been people in the front of the room, or at least in front of the girls, Victoria would take that last step to move in front of everyone else.  That is, unless it was just that one video that she did it.  Has anyone notice her moving "ahead of" or in front of everyone else in her other videos or does she try to stay in the lines?

• Love 2

I sat with Katalyns mom at an LSU football game and she is really nice. She is so very proud of her daughter!!! I was really pulling for her.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, dccfan5678 said:

That is NOT Victoria, that's Erin. VK is in the light pink sports bra at the end of the front line. The camera doesn't pan to her until the end of the video. 

I actually go to prep classes. Victoria has always been nice to me. I'm a nobody. She has no reason to be kind, but she is. 

Comment still stands for every other video of hers, and that’s great she’s nice, but she can’t dance. 

• Love 5

Anyone know if any of the current Mavs dancers are auditioning? I saw retired DMD Emily at a prep class. If would be nice if Lauren Gibler auditioned again but she might be retired from pro dancing. Maybe the current ones will stay where they are because if they retire they can't go back.  

How about any of the Stars ice girls or Legends dancers? I know some of the Ice Angels are.

2 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

I think her body looks great, I hope they give her a chance this year

Was it that they thought she was too muscular last year? Trying to remember. Her body does look great here. I hope she tries out again.

• Love 2

In the first pix it looks like Victoria's mom taking a pix with her phone.  Wonder if everyone's mom's would be allowed to come in and take pix.  

Victoria is dancing center front again and farther up front than anyone.  She looks  totally out of control.  She has crossed over the line from confident to cocky.  

She is NOT an American Sweetheart.....no way!!!!!

• Love 7