Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

58 minutes ago, mmm said:

It's her insta it should be about her!!

Well she’s succeeding with flying colors then. Her Instagram is so devoid of other human life, I think she might have been living on another planet since November of 2017.

Edited by LadyWithCats
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, LadyWithCats said:

Well she’s succeeding with flying colors then. Her Instagram is so devoid of other human life, I think she might have been living on another planet since November of 2017.

The definition "Human Life" is different from one person to the other.

Plus, She's making alot of money from it so she's winning. 

8 minutes ago, mmm said:

The definition "Human Life" is different from one person to the other.

Plus, She's making alot of money from it so she's winning. 

I’m confused. Human life as opposed to robots masquerading as humans? Is the AI takeover officially happening?

Is Kalyssa making money off her Instagram? I thought she was just posting pictures of herself over and over and over again.  But I don’t think that was @LadywithCats point. I think she was just trying to point out that Kalyssa rarely posts what I think the kids are calling “Instagram friendly” pictures. You know, a picture with friends, a picture of what she’s eating or a sunset. It’s all Kalyssa 24/7. It’s Kalyssa posing or Kalyssa posing some more or wait, Kalyssa posing

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, LMarchBand said:

I’m confused. Human life as opposed to robots masquerading as humans? Is the AI takeover officially happening?

Is Kalyssa making money off her Instagram? I thought she was just posting pictures of herself over and over and over again.  But I don’t think that was @LadywithCats point. I think she was just trying to point out that Kalyssa rarely posts what I think the kids are calling “Instagram friendly” pictures. You know, a picture with friends, a picture of what she’s eating or a sunset. It’s all Kalyssa 24/7. It’s Kalyssa posing or Kalyssa posing some more or wait, Kalyssa posing

She's does alot of sponsored content which makes her money. She's trying to be an instagram model or an influencer and that's what people like that insta looks like. 

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, LMarchBand said:

She is def making money from her IG - that's prob a big part of why it's all her.  The Leesa mattress stuff, all the 'health' stuff she posts (those vitamins or whatever that block carbs LOL) - she is either getting stuff for free or paid to post about it. Don't ask how much people can make from that stuff unless you want to be sick.  I'm wondering why I ever got a college degree!! 

ETA that's why I absolutely think we'll see her on the Bachelor franchise at some point.  She reminds me a lot of Amanda Stanton without the two children lol  She's got over a million followers now and basically posts about bombay hair wands, sugar bear hair and the like.  

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 3

Shit if I looked like Kalyssa I’d post pics of myself constantly, and I’d wear a bikini everywhere. But I don’t. So I post pics of my kids that sometimes include me with a strategic head tilt minimizing my sort of double chin that I have from certain angles.

• Love 12

For comparison, here is a video of DCC rookies Kalyssa (yes, I know she left), Savannah, and Tara, and TCC Madeline (air mattress) dancing side-by-side in a pro-league prep class taught by DCC All-Star Danielle.  I personally think that Kalyssa is the best of the group, aside from the instructor.  TCC Madeline has the look of a DCC, but I am not sure that her dancing is quite there yet.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, California Girl said:

For comparison, here is a video of DCC rookies Kalyssa (yes, I know she left), Savannah, and Tara, and TCC Madeline (air mattress) dancing side-by-side in a pro-league prep class taught by DCC All-Star Danielle.  I personally think that Kalyssa is the best of the group, aside from the instructor.  TCC Madeline has the look of a DCC, but I am not sure that her dancing is quite there yet.

Yes Kalyssa looks great too bad she is gone.  Madeline does not have the DCC style of dance and I doubt she can get it

• Love 1
15 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

Yes Kalyssa looks great too bad she is gone.  Madeline does not have the DCC style of dance and I doubt she can get it

Madeline is a candidate similar to Kyndall (dance) or Amy (flexibity, memory), in that she appears to be 90 percent of the way there.  She clearly has the right look, public presentation, and flexibity, but her dancing still comes across as slightly awkward (at least in the video above).  

• Love 2
On 2/14/2018 at 10:17 AM, LaurenBrook said:

I love Cristi. She is so hard working and seems like such a positive, upbeat person.  I have a feeling her 'look' is what keeps her out.  I think she is absolutely gorgeous but sometimes she looks harsh when she photographs. I wish they'd give her a shot in camp tho. 

Im catching up. In my opinion, she doesn't look any harsher than Kelli. I love Kelli, don't get me wrong. She's one of my faves,  but all the makeup they make the poor woman wear ages her terribly. I am 43 and stick to concealer, eye makeup, and lipstick. I feel that gives you a much more fresh look. 

plus, both those women have slammin' bodies and great personalities. Cristi could definitely be a dcc. Maybe she's like Kelli also in that it may take a few years for the to notice her.

• Love 3
On 2/21/2018 at 9:54 AM, LadyWithCats said:

That’s a pretty big generalization. I’ve seen plenty of people say negative things about Kalyssa far pre-dating her exit of the team (and no, I am not actually new to this forum despite the join date on this particular account).

Kalyssa was one of my favorite potential candidates this time last year just based on videos that were posted of her here. I never actually finished the most recent season of MTT, and to be honest I wasn’t super invested, so I can’t remember much about how she came across there. What did make me not care for her over time was her Instagram. While I think it’s great that she’s going after what she wants (modeling), her Instagram just comes across extremely self-absorbed. Currently you have to scroll past thirty-one pictures of Kalyssa by herself to find any content featuring other people (excluding one cheering picture where other girls are in the background). I know people will argue that most of the girls’ instagrams come across somewhat vapid, and it’s true about a lot of them. Kalyssa just takes it to a new level. She’s trying to create an image for herself, and that image is coming across “me me me.”

100%. Yes, her sim should be about her, but when you have 47 selfies, and one pic with an actual human,it shows me you're very self centered or a high schooler. My daughter and her friends post selfies, but they're 15. 

I was basically indifferent about everyone. I feel like she always had a plan B for trying out. I figured it was landing a man. She's pretty, but when she's 40,  she either better marry someone who can pay for her upkeep or develop a personality.

shes good for awhile though.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hummingbird24 said:

100%. Yes, her sim should be about her, but when you have 47 selfies, and one pic with an actual human,it shows me you're very self centered or a high schooler. My daughter and her friends post selfies, but they're 15.

I was basically indifferent about everyone. I feel like she always had a plan B for trying out. I figured it was landing a man. She's pretty, but when she's 40,  she either better marry someone who can pay for her upkeep or develop a personality.

shes good for awhile though.  

Yeah, this was essentially my point. Of course it’s her Instagram and it should be about her a lot of the time, but she’s not being smart about the image she’s building. If she wants to be a public figure and a successful model, she needs to come across at least a little likeable, and her “me me me” Instagram doesn’t exactly provide a lot of evidence that she cares about other people in the least. Just my opinion of course.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

Yeah, this was essentially my point. Of course it’s her Instagram and it should be about her a lot of the time, but she’s not being smart about the image she’s building. If she wants to be a public figure and a successful model, she needs to come across at least a little likeable, and her “me me me” Instagram doesn’t exactly provide a lot of evidence that she cares about other people in the least. Just my opinion of course.

Yep I 100% agree with you. I find her insta a bit off putting. If she is making money, good for her. Maybe consider two, one for modeling and one for f&f. I know Tasha models on insta, but I see pics of her with her daughter and hubby and friends. 

• Love 1

I see not one thing wrong with Kalyssa's instagram. It comes off to me as professional. Even her selfies look like modeling photos, and choosing to use social media as a tool for sharing her portfolio is a good business move. To me there is a clear difference between what she's posting, and women whose instagram is full of selfies in the car and in the bathroom mirror. I dislike that people get criticized all over the internet these days for not sharing enough of themselves with strangers on social media. I realize I'm alone in this, but it's how I feel.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Guess I'm self-centered *shrug*

7 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

That's interesting because my opinion is the complete opposite. If SHE'S trying to be a model, her Instagram ought to be HER portfolio. HER. I mean I get what you mean by saying that it would show how human she is to show other people..but perhaps she doesn't want her IG to be "look how personable I am! See! I have friends!!"..like me. Lol there's literally no one on my IG but it's mainly because it's not about anyone else. No one needs to know my personal life.

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

Ah....the "Lose My Breath" song with a dance sequence. We have seen renditions of this a million times over. NEXT.

Sooooooo over it.

• Love 4
On 2/23/2018 at 8:08 PM, sleepyjean said:

I see not one thing wrong with Kalyssa's instagram. It comes off to me as professional. Even her selfies look like modeling photos, and choosing to use social media as a tool for sharing her portfolio is a good business move. To me there is a clear difference between what she's posting, and women whose instagram is full of selfies in the car and in the bathroom mirror. I dislike that people get criticized all over the internet these days for not sharing enough of themselves with strangers on social media. I realize I'm alone in this, but it's how I feel.

I do not think that was the point of the original post though.  The point I believe @LadyWithCats was making is that her entire Instagram is herself.  Not one single other photo of someone else.  That Kalyssa's instagram presents her as self-absorbed, vapid, etc.  

I personally, cannot wait for the day for all forms of social media to implode and I certainly hope that day comes sooner rather than later.  I find social media to be absolutely not necessary in all forms unless you are a news, government or some other major organization.  I don't care what anyone is doing all day.  I don't need photo proof of what you have been doing all day.  I don't care what I am doing all day - much less enough to take pictures and document it on the internet.  Plus, the absolute disregard for safety that people have when it comes to social media is astounding.  Children's photos are stolen from profiles, even private ones and their faces are being used in the child sex trade.  Things like this just baffle me that people are willing to take the risk.  But whatever.  Wrong tangent, wrong place.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

I do not think that was the point of the original post though.  The point I believe @LadyWithCats was making is that her entire Instagram is herself.  Not one single other photo of someone else. 

But that's not the case. There are photos with her teammates, with her family, with Kitty, and with friends. The photo from the last 2-3 months are mostly Kalyssa only because she's obviously made a decision to focus her account on her portfolio. But there are some that aren't just her, and it's not just one or two. What percentage of your photos have to feature other people so that strangers won't think you're self-absorbed? 10%? 25% 50% More?  It just seems like a strange thing to get judgy about is all.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

I don't care what anyone is doing all day.  I don't need photo proof of what you have been doing all day.  I don't care what I am doing all day - much less enough to take pictures and document it on the internet.  

I have to agree with you on this. I have FB friends that put everything on it : where they are (work, shopping, etc.),  what they're eating ( pictures included),  what kind of mood they're in (sick, mad @ someone).  One even lists her daily housework and errands she's done (boring).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Hard to believe this girl won't be old enough to audition for DCC this year.  She'll be auditioning for everything else in Dallas though.

What else could she audition for?  I assume every team has a minimum age of 18.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

What else could she audition for?  I assume every team has a minimum age of 18.

I think it's a matter of timing and she turns 18 in late spring/early summer (after DCC auditions, but weeks or months before Mavs, Stars, AAIA, etc.)

11 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I think it's a matter of timing and she turns 18 in late spring/early summer (after DCC auditions, but weeks or months before Mavs, Stars, AAIA, etc.)

ah, gotcha.  Makes sense.

3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

With the NFL in particular having Budweiser advertising sponsorships, I am surprised the minimum tryout age has not jumped to 21. 

30 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

With the NFL in particular having Budweiser advertising sponsorships, I am surprised the minimum tryout age has not jumped to 21. 

It is 21 for some teams. Definitely the Panthers and I think maybe the Broncos too. I think it's a good idea.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

She is stunning! She reminds me a little bit like Paula Tabares.

I can see that.  I really liked Paula!

5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

It is 21 for some teams. Definitely the Panthers and I think maybe the Broncos too.

I'm pretty sure the Detroit Lions are also 21.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I really liked Paula, too! I wish she would have tried out again. 

Paula could not get the DCC dance down. She made TC because Kelli and Charlotte like her unique look. Judy did not care for her.

5 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

I really liked Paula, too! I wish she would have tried out again. 

I feel likewise.  Paula is the one TCC reject who I think should have made the team, and I have watched MTT since its inception as a Special.   It speaks to the level of talent the DCC had back in 2009, that the girl pictured below could be cut.  Especially since she went on to be a very successful and much-beloved, four-year veteran (2010-14) with the Dallas Mavericks Dancers.

Paula-19.jpg4edb036ecfaf4.jpg

• Love 3