Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E02: Weddings

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

If my husband ever said those things to me, I'd sock it to him.  Both the fireman and Jonathon have tempers already!  What's with these guys talking to their new brides like that?   For real or producer driven?

What exactly are you referring to here?

I never understand the mamas with the whole, "That's MY son thing." I have a son in his early 20s. I'm tremendously proud of him, and I love him dearly. But I would never do the whole, "That's MY son" thing about him at his wedding or anywhere else that it's about him. Because it's about him and not me. Look, I may not love of some of his life choices but ultimately it doesn't matter because it's not all about me. Even though I gave birth to him and raised him, when he turned 18 my job was over (except paying for college, but that's a whole different story). He's a legal adult, he can choose what he wants. If he actually wants my advice on something he can ask, but I'm certainly not going to be telling a grown man how he should live his life, and I'm certainly not going to be doing the whole, "That's MY baby" thing when and if he decides to get married. It's an aspect of these shows I don't get - moms still trying to push so much into their adult children's lives. 

• Love 18

https://twitter.com/Ryan_P_Buckley

Roses in a casket...to be fair...how was Ryan to know that would be inappropriate.....

Sad they got rid of the Brides' and Grooms' gifts to each other as each prepared in their suites for the disappointment ...wedding ceremony, that was always fake and producer driven but it was.... tradition!

Shawniece would have given Jephte a basket of sex toys left over from when Dr. Rachel cleaned out her M@FS work locker....

Jephte would have given Shawniece an apron...one of his mother's of course.

Ryan in addition to the wooden casket box, Ryan did gift Jaclyn with a towering pedestal.

The handsome, young fella has put her on one so tall that the tease of the season shows us how he will spend the rest of the weeks leading up to the Decision Week, chipping away at it until he finds something he can't abide and be done with her.

Buzz killed me for them living...wait for it...the fairy tale and happily ever after....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Dena0033 said:

NAILED IT. In general, with guy/girl friendships (which can totally happen, I have several guy friends) but one of them usually "likes" the other one just a little more to some degree. Not always enough to be an ongoing issue, or to be an awkward friendship, but clearly Jon's best woman is the one doing the liking.

Yep. And as soon as the platonic guy friend gets into a relationship with another girl, the platonic gal friend usually dislikes her for some reason or another. 

I think there's a big difference between platonic "friends" and platonic "best friends" 

• Love 2

I'm so disappointed as I was really looking forward to the show last night.  Looking at the previews for next weeks show, realization set in to the point that I felt duped.  Ryan was yelling at his bride because she obviously was thinking about her ex and what could have been.  Ryan looks like he could be a bossy husband and has to chill out.  I'm sure he has lost many girlfriends because he seems controlling.  Jacklyn should never been picked, but she was for DRAMA.  Jonathon conveniently quit/lost his job so they could fight over that in time.   Apparently Mollie has his number as she's not having sex with him according to what he's bitchin about in the preview.  Mismatched again since her Father left them in debt and she has to pay the rent coming up.  The last two, Tyre and what's her face are doomed.  As a teacher, he should have never applied.  That lap dance was sooo scripted for Momma.  The girl is off her rocker and good luck to him for the duration of the experiment.  He better get some good earplugs.  Evil Queen is right.  The "experts" are there for show only, and producers picked the contestants or suckers I say.  All of them have a job to do now to fool everyone.  It makes for good t.v.  Once in awhile, they fall in love after they fell thru the cracks.  I'll still watch tho, but with a different frame of mind.  For those that don't agree,  just watch "The Housewives".  Do you all really think they behave like that in real life?  

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Its pretty clear that Jephte would prefer a more refined woman. The experts always do this! "He's a reserved, fairly shy guy, whose still waters run deep. She's an exuberant party girl, who wears her heart on her sleeve. Each of them can balance each other out". NO. They do this every time and it is a FAIL. There is no reason why a more reserved serious person can't have a more reserved, serious partner. Shawneice is obviously an outgoing, ebullient woman, who occasionally puts her foot in it socially, but she's clearly a lot of fun and the "outrageous" one in her group. And there is nothing wrong with that. But she deserved a fun loving guy who would laugh at her indiscretions, and appreciate her outspoken, funloving ways. Jephte seems to be a serious, thoughtful man who can be loud and expressive when he is feeling very comfortable, but needs time to absorb new experiences and people. He is probably the kind of person who likes lively, outgoing people, even. But lively and outgoing does not equal vulgar and inappropriate. Shawniece was over the top. Question is, is she always this over the top or was she nervous, tipsy, feeling insecure? I like them both but they are not a match. Too bad. He's adorable. And I like her too. Just not for each other.

This show is such BS.  Anyone could have seen a mile away that Jephte and Shawneice would be a mismatch.  I think she is insecure and/or senses that he's not going there with her, which is only making her nervous and overreact, pressing the same button over and over again thinking maybe she'll get a response this time.  She needs to hang back but she's so afraid of silence that she is compelled to continue to try to fill in the gaps.  But the more outrageous she gets the more she turns him off and so he withdraws even more.  And so it becomes a vicious circle.  How she doesn't realize how this is turning him off is a mystery.  She may realize it on some level but be unable to control herself because she is THAT nervous.

3 hours ago, Evil Queen said:

I don't think he is an introvert....which I honestly get tired of seeing it tossed in each season on these people when there is no way they would be doing this mess if they were. I just think he is not as blunt and overly open as she is so she makes him look a certain way at this point. I do wonder why he signed up for this show though as he does seemed more reserved on things...so far.

Judging from his strong mother and his dynamic with her, I'd say Jephte was raised with strict moral and social values, possibly with a strong church background.  If that's the case it explains why he would be so put off by Shaneice's blunt vulgarity.  Also, I think he is an idealist and thought he would be matched with someone that had a complementary outlook on things, not someone at the extreme end of the spectrum.   I think he could be an introvert but it's hard to tell with him retreating from her all the time.   Anyone would look like an introvert at the receiving end of her cringe-inducing behavior.  Who would want to encourage THAT?  It's creepy.  I think this show has had a few introverts.  Nick was a self-professed one and the experts always called Ashley (the one with David) one.  I could believe it with both of them.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree. I think two things are true:

• Platonic straight male/straight female friendships are indeed possible. My brother has a lot of female friends (a few are exes, most are not).
  • Jonathan's best friend has feelings for him.

I agree, but I would have expected the show to make an issue out of his best friend being female and not ignore it completely.  There should have been SOME kind of explanation or exchange between Jon and Molly about her, leading us to believe that Molly was either jealous or not threatened.  There was nothing which is making me wonder what's up with that.  It's not like this show not to create issues out of any non-issue that looks like it can be squeezed for dramatic value.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I agree, but I would have expected the show to make an issue out of his best friend being female and not ignore it completely.  There should have been SOME kind of explanation or exchange between Jon and Molly about her, leading us to believe that Molly was either jealous or not threatened.  There was nothing which is making me wonder what's up with that.  It's not like this show not to create issues out of any non-issue that looks like it can be squeezed for dramatic value.

Oh, I'll bet it's coming. Remember Sheila and Nate's drama with her hanging out with a guy friend ? Right now Mollie and Jon are in the honeymoon phase, literally, and I think that Mollie is looking the other way until she starts to see the cracks. Just wait till Jon starts meeting up with Gal Pal for drinks while Mollie is at work, and then asking his girl bestie for advice and complaining to her about his new wife. And as we know, the platonic female friend will never have anything nice to say about the new Wife. 

On another note, I sincerely hope that arguing over long driving commutes wont play a big drama in this season, it's getting tired. It appears like the producers match people up who live on opposite sides of town on purpose or something. Maybe to ensure they dont already know each other, but thats lost on me. You could have matched me with my neighbor down the hall and I would probaby not even recognize or know him. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Ryan yelling to a crying Jacklyn "Your best is not good enough for me"?

I'm calling it right now--when we see that scene, Ryan will actually be saying "I feel like you are constantly judging! no matter what I say or do, you sit there silently  saying 'your best is not good enough for me!'". 

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'm calling it right now--when we see that scene, Ryan will actually be saying "I feel like you are constantly judging! no matter what I say or do, you sit there silently  saying 'your best is not good enough for me!'". 

Ha ha .. You are so right.  I should have realized being that it was a preview for next week.  Phoney show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, peaceknit said:

What exactly are you referring to here?

It was the way they were coming off in previews for the season. You have one coming off like he is not getting sex and pissed and the other like she isn't good enough for him at her best even...or whatever bs they are trying to edit up. I will say that with Jonathon's gal pal, she did say last week how he was a highly (or was it overly??) emotional guy. So that could go a few different ways if that is the case. 

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

https://twitter.com/Ryan_P_Buckley

Roses in a casket...to be fair...how was Ryan to know that would be inappropriate.....

Sad they got rid of the Brides' and Grooms' gifts to each other as each prepared in their suites for the disappointment ...wedding ceremony, that was always fake and producer driven but it was.... tradition!

Sorry but don't consider that a casket of roses and I know its trying to be funny but it wasn't considering the circumstances. It just looked like a nice wooden box that probably can be used for other things and is a keepsake. 

As for the gifts, I was wondering about that and forgot to add it in before. It was a bit odd we didn't see them give each other awkward (and staged) gifts. Maybe they will once in private instead...producers on the sideline handing them out. LOL 

3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Nick was a self-professed one and the experts always called Ashley (the one with David) one.  I could believe it with both of them.

I will just say that we will have to agree to disagree on that. LOL

2 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Oh, I'll bet it's coming. Remember Sheila and Nate's drama with her hanging out with a guy friend ? Right now Mollie and Jon are in the honeymoon phase, literally, and I think that Mollie is looking the other way until she starts to see the cracks. Just wait till Jon starts meeting up with Gal Pal for drinks while Mollie is at work, and then asking his girl bestie for advice and complaining to her about his new wife. And as we know, the platonic female friend will never have anything nice to say about the new Wife. 

On another note, I sincerely hope that arguing over long driving commutes wont play a big drama in this season, it's getting tired. It appears like the producers match people up who live on opposite sides of town on purpose or something. Maybe to ensure they dont already know each other, but thats lost on me. You could have matched me with my neighbor down the hall and I would probaby not even recognize or know him. 

Oh yes, if they show the gal pal again over time we will for sure see some stupid made up drama or something over it all I bet. Which btw, was Sheila's guy pal even at her wedding? I don't remember seeing him right away but then half the time I don't pay to much attention to the show with how it gets.

OMG the driving commutes are so lame. Seriously when people live in such big cities like this they are not going to know most the people that live around them. I couldn't tell you what the person across from us looks like. The ones on either side yes but past that forget it. LOL We are in a good size city so chances of running into someone you know are pretty slim. 

1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Exactly! Can never fully read into the previews since they are so misleading....oh hell the way the show is edited makes everything misleading 99% of the time. Yet those previews were all fighting and tears edit to make sure viewers turn in to it all to see why its that way......which we won't more then likely won't even see exactly why in the end still. 

• Love 6

Hoo-boy.??

Shawneice and Jephte: ?

One Mom decides she can't be arsed to learn his name ("You're 'J' to me"). The other decides to INTERRUPT the ceremony to make it all about HER and her crappy sash. W.T.H? 

Then his "big smile" is praised, emphasizing the fact that Jephte has NOT heretofore SHOWED---not even during the vows---that big smile to, for, or about Shawneice, still the Queen of TMI. 

Aaand---the lap-dance. Yikes. ?

As a teacher (Spoiler? ?) Jephte will put his soon-to-be ex-wife in the "Wild and Crazy Friend" zone. ?

Molly and Jonathan: ?

See, my take on her "Oh, you'll find another job" is that she was being kind and supportive, but not dumb or naive. I believe he's truly attracted to her (note his hand on her waist), but in watching my TIVO repeat, I noticed at the 51-minute mark that Jonathan looks away and to the left when saying the word "love." J/S!

Jacklyn and Fireman Ryan: ?

Princess! Fairytale! Beyond beyond! In Cinemascope! Oh, wait. ?

Anywho---Looks-wise, I think they are a match in "cute." They both seem earnest and sincere, nothing outre or TMI, no "I have to tell her soon". No secret toking, no Big Bus, no T-shirts or apartments for sale or rent. So what could or does go wrong?!?

Tune in next time to find out, PrevieTeevees! ? 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 6

I'm working on the assumption the more compelling production inspired scenes & edits are yet to come. I'm curious how this will work given this group is mostly pretty dull so far. I'm ho humming through it, thankful for Shawniece's libidinous behavior frightening Jephte to keep me awake.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2018 at 6:22 PM, PityFree said:

Here’s my take on Jonathan’s female best friend: she’s very pretty, but she’s a little bit big boned. I’d bet Jonathan never dated her because he think she’s “fat.”  He seems like the type who would consider his girlfriend’s thin body a status symbol for himself— especially after we saw him tease Ryan about the size 7 1/2 ring. 

Exactly. Jonathan seems like an insecure douche with too much testosterone. I appreciate your life experiences (and actually your wedding vows), but your manly man-ness should not be your most prominent attribute. And please stop saying "I literally lost my job to be on this show", it's literally not appealing. So far I like Molly. 

Jephte physically reminds me so much of the artist Basquiat. I think Shawniece is gorgeous but maybe likes to be controversial? I thought she was maybe 25 but she's 29, so definitely immature. Hopefully it's just nerves.

Ryan is super dorky but I get the sense that he hangs out with a lot of men all the time with his work and hobbies. He seems to be really into Jaclyn and the process so I like that. Jaclyn seems sweet and she's very cute and wholesome-looking.

Pastor Calvin's sock game is on point. 

I like the new doctor lady. 

In the minority, but Dr. Pepper needs a new stylist. She's drowning in her clothes and her hair is a mess.

Am originally a Bostonian, so looking forward to some familiar scenery.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I think this show has had a few introverts.  Nick was a self-professed one and the experts always called Ashley (the one with David) one.  I could believe it with both of them.

Being an introvert is great, but from this show's past record I dont think it works for MAFS. I am introverted and would be mortified to do all of this on camera. Both Nick and Ashley (with David) were terrible choices for this show unfortunately. Definitely two instances where they displayed zero chemistry with their partners as well. 

Also - if I had been matched with someone who lost the "love of their life" to death 2 years prior, I would be majorly, majorly pissed with the "experts." There's just no way you can live up to a dead person's legacy. I wouldnt be surprised if the reason Jaclyn has been having a hard time dating is probably because perhaps there are many guys out there that would have an issue with this as well. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 6

Introverts gather energy from alone time; extroverts gather energy from being with others.  Many introverts can appear extroverted at times, enjoying parties etc, but they'll tend to burn out on the social stuff quicker. And not all extroverts are the life of the party; some are on the quieter side.  So it's not cut & dry. It would be difficult to tell either or with some of these folks by what is seen on the show alone.

That said, as a more mega introvert I cannot imagine having a camera in my face all day, long hours of filming, talking, AND having to get to know a stranger I just married, along with work & other regular commitments. To say I'd be burned out would be an extreme understatement.

And that said, it doesn't mean someone on the show isn't an introvert. They simply may not be able to get that re-charge time, becomes frustrated, & the build up presents as bad behavior, which of course editing gets a hold of & has a field day.

• Love 9

I got creepy vibes from Ryan the first episode and this episode confirmed it.  He’s an attention hound. His crazy (bad) dancing that he thinks is dazzling; his over the top praise for his bride - it’s all for the camera.   I feel sorry for Jacklyn.  

When i saw a photo of her dead boyfriend who looked like a dreamboat and a outdoor kind of guy, I thought she was doomed with Ryan who seems shallow and not at all outdoorsy.

• Love 10
59 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

I got creepy vibes from Ryan the first episode and this episode confirmed it.  He’s an attention hound. His crazy (bad) dancing that he thinks is dazzling; his over the top praise for his bride - it’s all for the camera.   I feel sorry for Jacklyn.  

When i saw a photo of her dead boyfriend who looked like a dreamboat and a outdoor kind of guy, I thought she was doomed with Ryan who seems shallow and not at all outdoorsy.

Yes, he likes attention and is very verbal and loud, but he is a city firefighter and gets credit there.  Extremely dangerous job, so he's no sissy.  Most firemen hunt, camp, hike, etc. so don't worry.   We will see.  Maybe I'm wrong.

• Love 3

The choppy, heavy handed editing in the tease makes it look like Dr. Jessica is yelling at Jackie for lying and Ryan yelling at her for not meeting his standards...

Jackie...Season 6's villain? 

Too much drama too soon...geez...let me enjoy their wedding happiness for ONE minute...

• Love 2

Cody passed up on Danielle's signaling a green light...runways open...golden opportunity for marital sex on their honeymoon...not knowing he wasn't going to get any more passes at the DeGroot Airport to land his plane...if you get my drift...

Jon's complaint in the tease is their relationship is progressing too slow for a regular relationship... making it very slow for a married couple.

Dang It...thought for sure those 2 banged their wedding night...and every time the mood hit during their honeymoon.

Thinking Jon said something off putting because Molly wasn't disgusted by his body.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4
On 1/9/2018 at 7:55 PM, PityFree said:

I give Shawniece a lot of credit for leaving that belt on—it didn’t go with her dress at all.  She’s a better person than I am.   I would’ve been a bridezilla and wanted to take it off so it didn’t ruin the look I wanted for my wedding day. (That’s probably why I’m still single, too.)

ETA:  I forgot that she gave him a lap dance in front of his entire family. I think that destroyed all the goodwill she earned from wearing the belt. 

I wish Ryan  had stopped calling the wedding a fairytale; it was getting annoying. I can’t tell if it was just the editors or that’s actually part of what I found off-putting about Ryan’s personality in the first episode 

OMG this!! The belt was NOT cute and she was very gracious--although I think that was shitty of his mom to do. Give her something that would coordinate like earrings, etc. What if she had a belt already?! She's a problem.

THEN the lapdance and Mr. GP and I were dying of secondhand embarrassment. Girl, no. I love Jephte; he was clearly overwhelmed but trying to take it all in and be polite. She's gonna be too much for him as she obviously can't "read the room" with him, so to speak.

The other two husbands seem like assholes. Ryan and his "fairytale"-bro, please. Talking loud about how everything is perfect and wonderful doesn't magically make it so. Jaclyn won't be able to live up to his expectations.

Jonathan's "best woman" is in love with him. That tells us two things: that he's a jerk for stringing along a woman he's not interested in when she CLEARLY is  and that he doesn't have any male friends to be his best man. Two strikes!

• Love 6

Ryan is performing. He needs to chill all the crap & just 'be'.

Can't tell who will win biggest asshole title this season, but Ryan & Jon are definitely competing.

Jephte is regretting announcing his TV status with his students about now...

Shawniece is trying so hard that Jephte will be the one backing up, & not into her. She better not get rid of her 'toys' just yet.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7

Liked the comparison to Basquiat, @Jpagan05.  The lap dancing masturbater is just a no with that reserved man.  I had hopes because I like them but I would think her 'This Is Who I Am, Deal With It' mentality would get old fast. She can't seem to read a room, or the new husband, and doesn't seem to care. Wasn't wild about her "you're stuck with me" speech either; he can run away screaming in a few weeks if he wants.  Hate to see what she does when she doesn't get her way.  

I'd last one minute with Ryan the firefighter.  His speaking in superlatives so soon, hand kissing, King of the Dance Floor and general demeanor I find exhausting.  I feel sorry for her.  I hope she doesn't spend the whole time in Mopeville but geez, feed him a brick before it gets worse.  

I like that Molly appears to be cautiously optimistic.  It seems wise under the circumstances.  He comes off as kind of arrogant at times.  I don't get his best man woman either.  It's not strange to have friends of the opposite sex but, as someone pointed out, what was she doing at the bachelor party?  Best man woman also seemed to be a veritable font of advice to the bride in addition to asking the groom about the itinerary for the night.  Creepy.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, glitterpussy said:
2 hours ago, glitterpussy said:

OMG this!! The belt was NOT cute and she was very gracious--although I think that was shitty of his mom to do. Give her something that would coordinate like earrings, etc. What if she had a belt already?! She's a problem.

THEN the lapdance and Mr. GP and I were dying of secondhand embarrassment. Girl, no. I love Jephte; he was clearly overwhelmed but trying to take it all in and be polite. She's gonna be too much for him as she obviously can't "read the room" with him, so to speak.

The other two husbands seem like assholes. Ryan and his "fairytale"-bro, please. Talking loud about how everything is perfect and wonderful doesn't magically make it so. Jaclyn won't be able to live up to his expectations.

Jonathan's "best woman" is in love with him. That tells us two things: that he's a jerk for stringing along a woman he's not interested in when she CLEARLY is  and that he doesn't have any male friends to be his best man. Two strikes!

So were the husband and I embarrased of the lap dance.  Hell, I never even knew what a lap dance was until recently and we are married a long time.  In our day, girls behaved differently.  Maybe I should take a few lessons.  We both would probably fall down off the chair.

• Love 1

I never understand the mamas with the whole, "That's MY son thing." I have a son in his early 20s. I'm tremendously proud of him, and I love him dearly. But I would never do the whole, "That's MY son" thing about him at his wedding or anywhere else that it's about him. Because it's about him and not me. Look, I may not love of some of his life choices but ultimately it doesn't matter because it's not all about me. Even though I gave birth to him and raised him, when he turned 18 my job was over (except paying for college, but that's a whole different story). He's a legal adult, he can choose what he wants. If he actually wants my advice on something he can ask, but I'm certainly not going to be telling a grown man how he should live his life, and I'm certainly not going to be doing the whole, "That's MY baby" thing when and if he decides to get married. It's an aspect of these shows I don't get - moms still trying to push so much into their adult children's lives. 

You sound like my late mother-in-law. She would’ve given my husband a kidney without a second thought but would never give him advice unless he specifically asked for it, and even then, it was always in terms for what would be best for him (and us) rather than what might have been best for her. She was an amazing woman and we both miss her. Your son’s spouse will be very fortunate, indeed.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Cody passed up on Danielle's signaling a green light...runways open...golden opportunity for marital sex on their honeymoon...not knowing he wasn't going to get any more passes at the DeGroot Airport to land his plane...if you get my drift...

Jon's complaint in the tease is their relationship is progressing too slow for a regular relationship... making it very slow for a married couple.

From what came out about Danielle and Cody, she never gave him a green light. She wasn't into him at all from the get go and had made it known in the THs and to the so called "experts". She turned him down at least 2 times that were attempted and talked about. The problem was producers rehashing that topic over and over and over again to death...which was another thing that was talked about in interviews about how they didn't want to and were made to. As well as there was so much more that they did but they didn't use the footage of them having fun. Instead this show decided to make it about them not having sex. Which IMO this is one of the BIGGEST issues with this show...to much producer interference and telling us false stories of what was going on with the couples. They don't give us the truth at all. Which for some it isn't obvious and some of us it is with the way it comes off in the crappy edits. This show is basically predictable on how they do things. Which does make me question why I am watching still. 

• Love 4

Thank you for the catch.

Thought Danielle was ready the first/second/last night of the honeymoon but the Code Man demurred and wanted to get to know her... before her dose of Cody.

That put a permanent kibosh on her wanting sex with her basic cable husband.

I can easily be mistaken.

• Love 2

Cody was the biggest advertisement for waiting to have sex until they at least get to know each other a bit.  I bet Danielle has no regrets, at least in that regard.

ETA:  Actually could think of several more that would make me want to wait it out...

Edited by gonecrackers
4 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Thank you for the catch.

Thought Danielle was ready the first/second/last night of the honeymoon but the Code Man demurred and wanted to get to know her... before her dose of Cody.

That put a permanent kibosh on her wanting sex with her basic cable husband.

I can easily be mistaken.

She was, he turned her down initially.  The marriage was over from that point on.

Jephte has no business being on MAFS.  I've said it before (mostly about the women), if you are reserved and can't jump in with both feet - look for a different reality show.

Jonathan is in "Finance" huh?  Exactly what was his job title?  If it involved any sales at all, he was fired for low production, not the show.  My stockbroker could be accused of murder and they wouldn't fire him.  Good salesmen are harder to find than bigfoot.

Ryan seems like a good dude...a little high strung and, as everyone noticed, pedestalizes women and marriage.  If my game show bride's "love of her life" boyfriend had died a year and a half ago, I'd run for the hills.  No way she's able to commit to this.  He's in a bad situation.

Shawniece could be a really sweet girl if she wasn't a train wreck.  Maybe she just has a lot of testosterone but the oversexed routine isn't working for J.  She's in as bad a situation as Ryan.  A girl like her needs a fun dude who isn't afraid of women.

Molly's a cute-ish girl with a relatively normal personality...tragically bad skin though.  Did you see the no makeup closeup?  What did she do to piss off that cameraman?  I love that she wants to marry younger and get started with a family.  Getting paired with BSing Jonathan is too bad for her.  She would be much better off with a hard worker like Ryan.

Jacklyn's a good girl, probably would have made a great wife if she wasn't damaged by her ex's death.  Were I Ryan, it would take a LOT to convince me she was over him.  As it stands, she's in no shape for a marriage.    

These couples are boring me so far.  No obvious villains and no one worth watching like my sweet, lady Ashley from last season.  I might not watch.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, 2727 said:

Bank teller, I'm guessing.

According to LinkedIn, his current job title is "private client associate" at a a private wealth management firm. So some kind of investment banker? He has a MBA and Masters of Science in Finance.

• Love 1
On January 11, 2018 at 2:07 AM, jpagan05 said:

Jephte physically reminds me so much of the artist Basquiat. I think Shawniece is gorgeous but maybe likes to be controversial? I thought she was maybe 25 but she's 29, so definitely immature. Hopefully it's just nerves.

OMG, you are SO right.  When I see him, it makes me sad; I remember Basquiat, (now I want to see Downtown 81).

Anyway, Shawnice is too damn thirsty; I get it, she wants to be loved, she wants a husband, but she needs to take a chill pill!  Doing a lap dance with your new husband, that you just met, at your wedding reception, in front of your family and friends and his family and friends?  Not a good look.  She needs to be with a partner who gets her.  Jephte looks like a child to me.

All of these couples seem mismatched because the experts are doing this for drama's sake.  

The woman whose fiancee died recently should NOT even be on this show.  Neither should the man who quit his job "for love."

• Love 8
On 1/9/2018 at 9:55 PM, PityFree said:

ETA:  I forgot that she gave him a lap dance in front of his entire family. I think that destroyed all the goodwill she earned from wearing the belt. 

I half-expected jephte's mom to interrupt the lap dance, yank the belt, and through clenched teeth exclaim, "GIVE! ME! BACK! MY! BELT!

On 1/10/2018 at 8:05 PM, LennieBriscoe said:

Then his "big smile" is praised, emphasizing the fact that Jephte has NOT heretofore SHOWED---not even during the vows---that big smile to, for, or about Shawneice, still the Queen of TMI. 

He's not even smiling in his headshot picture. It looks like a mugshot.

On 1/11/2018 at 3:56 PM, glitterpussy said:

Two male friends accompanied him (and best gal pal) when he went tux shopping. I remember thinking he hangs out with an odd bunch. Jonathan seems like a dude-bro, but his three friends were heavyset and dressed like dorks. They didn't seem like his type of crowd.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

OMG, you are SO right.  When I see him, it makes me sad; I remember Basquiat, (now I want to see Downtown 81).

Anyway, Shawnice is too damn thirsty; I get it, she wants to be loved, she wants a husband, but she needs to take a chill pill!  Doing a lap dance with your new husband, that you just met, at your wedding reception, in front of your family and friends and his family and friends?  Not a good look.  She needs to be with a partner who gets her.  Jephte looks like a child to me.

All of these couples seem mismatched because the experts are doing this for drama's sake.  

The woman whose fiancee died recently should NOT even be on this show.  Neither should the man who quit his job "for love.

3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

The woman whose fiancee died recently should NOT even be on this show.  Neither should the man who quit his job "for love."

Jephte & Shawnice are so cute and make an adorable couple.  It's a shame that they made her look like a lunatic at her wedding.  Maybe in time she'll calm down and realize what she has or am I dreaming?

• Love 1
On 1/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, Jack Sampson said:

She was, he turned her down initially.  The marriage was over from that point on.

Actually he didn't turn her down. If you go read interviews they did you will see it was all her. She wasn't in it at all from the get go. Editing was trying to fool viewers into thinking otherwise. But the slipped up when they had her talking to pervy rachel. She told rachel how she wasn't feeling it from the get go with him in that way. So it was all on her not feeling it but in the end it was best they never had sex. Probably the smartest choice for both of them. 

1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

Two male friends accompanied him (and best gal pal) when he went tux shopping. I remember thinking he hangs out with an odd bunch. Jonathan seems like a dude-bro, but his three friends were heavyset and dressed like dorks. They didn't seem like his type of crowd.

Agree. Which could be seen in a couple different ways. He wants to be the "looker" of the group or maybe they are really some hired on "friends" for him to have and his real ones wanted nothing to do with the show or he doesn't have many real friends....just a few options and all in good fun. LOL

• Love 3
On 1/11/2018 at 7:03 PM, Jack Sampson said:

Molly's a cute-ish girl with a relatively normal personality...tragically bad skin though.  Did you see the no makeup closeup?  What did she do to piss off that cameraman? 

I want to just say that while her skin isn't perfect it also was filmed during sometime in August supposedly so heat can play games on one's skin. While cooler months it can be clear as can be. I just don't think its "tragically bad skin". JMO

• Love 2

Well just by the first episode I could see the possibility of all three couples not ending up together in the end. Ryan seems very creepy the way he just kept talking about how it's a fairytale wedding and Jaclyn was his princess - it was almost too much especially since they only had just met... Jon seems very into himself and it seems by the previews that Molly wants to take it slow and that probably hurts his ego... and I can already tell Shawniece and Jephte are a mis match- she seems over the top and crazy, and he seems very reserved. Of course even if they all hate each other we will probably see them choosing to stay together at the end of the experiment as per contract by the show to make it look good...

• Love 3