Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If Iris didn't think of Barry as a brother, then she would've never mentioned to Barry that they were "like brother and sister." Clearly her feelings toward him changed - or I hope they did, otherwise...weird. Still doesn't change the fact that she felt that way when we met her - and a lot of people get hung up on their first impressions. 

Basically! And in the end it really doesn't matter what outsiders thought about Iris/Barry because Iris at one point felt that way enough to say that they were like brother and sister.

Also, why should we believe 2 men about how Iris feels over idk.... Iris? LOL

Edited by WindofChange
  • Love 4

Iris was considering Barry like her brother when she was going through puberty and getting her period for the first time.  When she was getting her first crushes on boys. When she was first learning to put on make-up.  Did she talk to him about any of that?  Did she ask him how she could get that cute boy in class to like her, since he was a boy too? Whether this way of make up looked good on her or should she try another?  After all, he was safe to talk to about things like that because he was like her brother.

Agents of SHIELD just had its official 100th episode party, along with a lot of pretty pictures. I love the cast, so I feel so happy for them, but a portion of me will be a bit bitter. Oh well, congratulations, Agents of SHIELD!

image.png.a2bd3a5c54e33e7a1a10bdb386e2d377.png

image.png.9878c38fa209a3bf016a2e09a5dadcac.png

image.png.4ce33629699a825ee2edf0c8fe4d07db.png

And the picture from their on-set cake while they were filming 512 (their 100th episode)

agents-of-shield-episode-100-celebration

• Love 1

I was looking all over for pictures of their cake, but twitter didn't seem to have very many pictures of the party once off the red carpet. I have to say, I'm not impressed. Especially considering that Disney owns Marvel and ABC, they could have sprung for a cooler cake. This one looks a lot like the boring one Arrow got.

What Is TV's Best Time Loop Ep? Too Many Big Brother Quitters? 'Despacito' Overdone at Olympics? And More Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz and Ryan Schwartz / February 23 2018, 10:43 AM PST
http://tvline.com/2018/02/23/celebrity-big-brother-contestants-leaving-tv-questions-answers/

14 | As fun as Legends of Tomorrow‘s time loop was, have we been robbed of the opportunity to actually see the team navigate the height of the disco era?

15 | Who dug up the most entertaining Groundhog Day riff this past year: Star Trek: Discovery, Legends of Tomorrow, The Good Place, Dark Matter or The Mindy Project? And which TV episode of all time did it best?

Edited by tv echo

‘Black Panther’ Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M

Update, Sunday AM: Disney has confirmed this morning what industry estimates saw last night: Black Panther will hit $400M  at the domestic box office by end of today, making the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie the second-fastest to that point, along with Jurassic World, in 10 days. Black Panther gets to $400M in four days less than The Avengers (14 days) and ranks behind the Star Wars: Force Awakens record of eight days.

The Disney release posted $47.6M on Saturday, +66% which puts its second weekend at $108M, -46%. Can’t mention enough how this Marvel movie goes higher and higher, so if we’ve grown this much since Friday, we’re bound to grow even more by the end of today. At this pace, Black Panther would own the second-best second weekend at the B.O. behind Force Awakens ($149.2M), and well ahead of Avengers‘s sophomore sesh of $103M. 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

Finally got to see Black Panther, and I absolutely loved it. I just posted a SUPER long post about it in its movie thread, but I thought it was a great movie, both from a superhero perspective, and just as a film that people would like to watch. I also love the fact that, according to the MCUs (admittedly dubious) timeline, Black Panther, Spider-man, and Ragnarok are all taking place right around the same time. Never a dull moment in the MCU! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, quarks said:

Flash does have a tendency to put Caitlin in high heels in Star Labs, and definitely sexes Iris up outside of the office from time to time. But otherwise, none of them, including Cat Grant and Lena Luthor who in show canon are wealthy women and style icons, are wearing anything remotely close to what Felicity is wearing, particularly in the office environment/team lairs. 

This isn't coincidence. Felicity wears a sexed-up wardrobe because Arrow has her in a sexed up role.  

Bringing this part back here because my question pertains to Iris ... I would have thought with a similar role to Felicity's (love interest) that Iris would get a sexed up wardrobe as well. Why is it only occasionally for her and a more regular thing for Felicity?

And of course different stylists and Arrow probably wanting Felicity to be the sexy nerd.

I started my first rewatch of The Flash since I've only really seen majority of them in their first run. Season 1 is definitely such a great season and makes it sad to see what Iris has been reduced to. Ignoring her career was such a bad move for this show. Not having her out in the field investigating the Meta's of the week and helping forge Barrys legacy in the history books, come on now!

Still hate that Cisco creates everything in this universe. Him creating the Cold/Fire guns brought good drama but just made me roll my eyes. 
Of course everyone looks so young! And seeing Felicity in her first crossover felt so weird! But speaking of looks, I definitely loved her entire look for The Flash.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Bringing this part back here because my question pertains to Iris ... I would have thought with a similar role to Felicity's (love interest) that Iris would get a sexed up wardrobe as well. Why is it only occasionally for her and a more regular thing for Felicity?

I think this might depend on what your definition of "sexed up" is. I'm not that familiar with most of Felicity's outfits, but from what I've seen, both characters seem about equally "sexed up" to me. The main difference might be the kind of outfits each woman wears. Iris is styled a bit more casual, with a wider variety of tops/jackets/skirts/pants; Felicity is more formal, with mainly dresses, then skirts and tops.

• Love 1

I’m not really an expert here, but I do have the impression of having seen Iris in revealing outfits over the years, both short skirts and cleavage. And there’s always her wedding dress.

• Love 2

This interview is from before Black Panther came out in theaters...

— The women of Wakanda ROAR —      A sit-down with the female warriors of Black Panther
ANTHONY BREZNICAN February 09, 2018 AT 02:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/movies/2018/02/09/black-panther-women-of-wakanda-interview/

Entertainment Weekly sat down with the Women of Wakanda [Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Angela Bassett] just a day after they saw the film for the first time. ...
It’s a great time to be a female warrior. When shooting this, Wonder Woman hadn’t come out, and some people were wondering if women would turn out for a superhero movie. Do you feel a change in the way audiences want more and different kinds of female heroes?
GURIRA: I never doubted that. People decide things based on lack. You don’t provide and then you say people don’t want things. But they didn’t have options on the table, so how can you really make that assessment? I actually think it’s the opposite. It was then learned through Wonder Woman, which was no surprise to most women. We were all ready to flock out to that.

That’s what I wondered. Something changed, but was it the gatekeepers who decide which films get made, or the audience?
ALL OF THEM: Gatekeepers.
GURIRA: I’ll see some films and some storylines, and whatever, and I’m like really? Maybe because I’ve been doing The Walking Dead, and that’s a gender-neutral world. … I’m always wondering, what is this representation where women always need to be saved by men? What is that about? That’s gatekeepers deciding that that is what we need to see. And it’s time to change that. Please.

Edited by tv echo
9 hours ago, Trini said:

I think this might depend on what your definition of "sexed up" is. I'm not that familiar with most of Felicity's outfits, but from what I've seen, both characters seem about equally "sexed up" to me. The main difference might be the kind of outfits each woman wears. Iris is styled a bit more casual, with a wider variety of tops/jackets/skirts/pants; Felicity is more formal, with mainly dresses, then skirts and tops.

Yeah - it's a fairly distinct look. As I briefly noted in the original post but didn't get into, Flash does sex up Iris outside of Star Labs - when she's out with Barry, or at the Xmas parties at the West house, or over at Jitters, often putting her into tight and/or low cut clothing, or that amazing red dress she was wearing for the Flash Xmas episode last season.

Iris used to wear some of those outfits to Star Labs in seasons two and three. This season, however, Flash has generally kept Iris in flattering but practical clothing when she's at Star Labs - pants, a top loose enough in the shoulders to let her move, and low heels.  My guess is, the idea is to ensure that Iris conforms as much as possible to the general television look of a superhero/vigilante/secret society leader.  After all, she's the one Arrowverse person who joined these teams not because of her specialized skills/superpowers, but out of a belief in the cause/her relationship with the superhero. And although that would be a really interesting story to explore and Candice Patton could do so much with it, for whatever reason, Flash has mostly decided to skip right past that. (Yet another of so many examples of how Flash keeps wasting Candice Patton.)

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Ugh, I can't stand Floriana. Hope her role is small because Punisher is my favorite Marvel show. I'll be pissed if Karen isn't in season 2.

She suffers from having a smug look about her.

I struggle with smug looking actors!

7 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

@Mellowyellow For me it's not her looks. It's the fact that a lot of her career is built on playing Latinas, when she isn't one.  Add to the fact that she's dating Casey Affleck, and it doubles my dislike.

Oooh I don't know anything about her other than she looks smug in her roles! Interesting info there!

• Love 1

The Arrowverse is aware that this is the second person in a matter of weeks who preferred to flee to a quiet Chinese village/monastery rather than spend any more time hanging out with Barry Allen?

• Love 12
1 minute ago, quarks said:

The Arrowverse is aware that this is the second person in a matter of weeks who preferred to flee to a quiet Chinese village/monastery rather than spend any more time hanging out with Barry Allen?

Lol. :) Who was the first?

1 minute ago, WindofChange said:

This is creepy... Sara what is wrong with you?

DXAcP3uV4AAuMR9.jpg

Oh good grief.  Now I can't unsee that.  Curses on you.  Lol.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Lol. :) Who was the first?

The prisoner Barry met while in jail.  After a couple of episodes with Barry, absolutely delighted to be dumped in China, despite still wearing a prison uniform and having no cash, American or Chinese. Or ID now that I think about it, which presumably wouldn't go over all that well with the Chinese authorities.

• Love 1

Wally and Rip getting drunk and zipping around doing Karaoke is one of my new favorite things ever. 

Damn, everything on LoT was going so well for Our Heroes for about five minutes. Ray really is just too sweet for this job sometimes. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Oh good grief.  Now I can't unsee that.  Curses on you.  Lol.

Oh man. Is this how they are going to avoid AvaLance? That she'll realize she reminds her of Laurel and peace out on a relationship?

• Love 1

The Lances have weird relationships with each other... By far the most dysfunctional family I've seen on TV and that includes shows like Empire...

• Laurel tied up Sara like an animal in the basement because she was obsessed with bringing Sara back
  • Sara dates someone that looks like Laurel
  • Quentin is so obsessed with a woman that looks like Laurel but isn't, really, and is being incredibly creepy/psychotic to convince her that she is and semi brain washing her as well to do so
  • Dinah was OK with Sara going on a sex cruise with Oliver fully knowing that Laurel was dating him

Like...... Can they all just stop?

• Love 10
44 minutes ago, quarks said:

But "China" is such a great location!! ?

Since the CW puts almost all their women in that side hairstyle, I can't really make it a Laurel and Ava thing. Sara had the hairstyle on her date with Ava. 

On another note, Nate and Amaya are into some kinky stuff. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4

So I just saw the Sara/Ava date on LoT, and not only does Ava look like Laurel, she has some of the same mannerisms and facial tics as Laurel too. It's really weird.

Edit: Even the angry arm crossing!

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

Why is BR's hair so big and voluminous????

OMG!!!!!! Wally and Rip singing Careless Whisper is EVERYTHING!!!!!! I want the entire song!!!!!!!

Oh noes Ray!!!!!! He really is too good for this (that?) world!

@Miss Dee did you like your Ray/Mick scene this week AND the laundry one last week? I thought them doing laundry together was the cutest thing!

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 4