Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I saw an interview Dean Cain gave recently and he talked about chemistry. (I think it was posted in this thread within the last month but I could be mistaken) The interviewer tried to steer the conversation to that as a good actor, chemistry as that really important thing is a fiction, but Cain completely disagreed and went on to talk about how vital it was to making them work and there had always been a kind of attraction between he and Terri (even though from all accounts they never acted on it and weren't even particularly close or at times friendly.) and how they'd gotten lucky since they were never tested with each other ahead of time but somehow the casting people just knew they would work?  (That would be a handy talent to have).  

Yes! I remember you posting that here...somewhere!

14 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This just reminded me of that time somebody said they have reservations doing kissing/love scenes with married co-stars to explain away the lack of (or anti) chemistry. 

And like I posted above, IF this is the case with Grant, or any other actors who feel this way, then they're in the wrong business. But I don't accept this supposition, because I've seen amazing chemistry between actors who were married to other people or involved with others. There was Bruce Boxleitner and Kate Jackson from Scarecrow & Mrs. King; more recent? Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe who play husband and wife on Outlander. You want to talk about scary fandom? Both have been accused of betraying them, because these two wouldn't "admit" they were also involved in real life and his girlfriend is getting ripped on social media and fans are accusing Cait's fiance of being made up because they'd never seen him before she announced their engagement.

While I do believe there are actors out there who just don't spark or have chemistry--and really for the most part, it really is subjective--I do believe it's up to the actors to suck it up and not let their personal animosity (if there is such) affect the roles they're supposed to be playing. Going waaaaaaay back, like I didn't know these two HATED each other--and though their tv roles had them bickering 99% of the time, I accepted it as that's who they were. And "THEY" were Fred and Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy. William Frawley and Vivian Vance.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This just reminded me of that time somebody said they have reservations doing kissing/love scenes with married co-stars to explain away the lack of (or anti) chemistry. 

KC said that and I remember laughing my ass off because I recollect that she had some rathe racy sex scenes in other shows.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And like I posted above, IF this is the case with Grant, or any other actors who feel this way, then they're in the wrong business. But I don't accept this supposition, because I've seen amazing chemistry between actors who were married to other people or involved with others. There was Bruce Boxleitner and Kate Jackson from Scarecrow & Mrs. King; more recent? Sam Heughan and Caitriona Balfe who play husband and wife on Outlander. You want to talk about scary fandom? Both have been accused of betraying them, because these two wouldn't "admit" they were also involved in real life and his girlfriend is getting ripped on social media and fans are accusing Cait's fiance of being made up because they'd never seen him before she announced their engagement.

Actors who can't separate their job from their personal life are in the wrong business. The entire point of acting is to become someone else. I'm also sorry to say real life shipping creeps me out, again its the separation of actor and character. Even when I was a hardcore shipper, I never thought of the actors as anything but the actors. It was the characters I was interested in. If they were dating it was none of business, if they weren't dating, still none of my business. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

Any Sara and/or Constantine scoop for Legends of Tomorrow? — Jayson
How about both? Not only will Constantine appear with some potential info about Mallus, but the demonologist detective reunites with Sara for the first time since bringing back her soul. “They have a connection,” says EP Marc Guggenheim, who teases things may heat up between them. “We’ve got a very randy bisexual Constantine, and we’ve got a very randy bisexual Sara, and who knows what could happen?” A very randy timey-wimey encounter, I hope!

Has Lena really figured out that Sam is Reign on Supergirl? — Margaret
Ahead of Monday’s reveal, I asked Odette Annable how Sam might struggle to tell her friends the truth once she became self-aware, and her answer seems to confirm Lena has, indeed, discovered that Sam is Reign: “I don’t even know necessarily if Sam is going to be the first one to find out that she’s Reign,” Annable told me. “Her journey is to try to enlist everybody’s help and just to desperately find out what’s going on. I don’t even know if that’s something that she comes on to her own. I think that’s something that she enlists from somebody else and I can’t say who.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/08/spoiler-room-legends-ouat-supernatural/

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Any Sara and/or Constantine scoop for Legends of Tomorrow? — Jayson
How about both? Not only will Constantine appear with some potential info about Mallus, but the demonologist detective reunites with Sara for the first time since bringing back her soul. “They have a connection,” says EP Marc Guggenheim, who teases things may heat up between them. “We’ve got a very randy bisexual Constantine, and we’ve got a very randy bisexual Sara, and who knows what could happen?” A very randy timey-wimey encounter, I hope

So I'm guessing the running gag on LoT is that Sara sleeps with almost anyone? 

8 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

So I'm guessing the running gag on LoT is that Sara sleeps with almost anyone? 

She hasn't slept with anyone on her team.  She also has only slept with 3 people, The Queen of France, some guy in the Time Bureau and Alex. 

• Love 4

I don't watch the other Arrowverse shows, but is Arrow the only one whose episode stills get released the same week of the episode airs (for 612 and 613) and don't get any sneak peeks/previews released even after noon 1PM EST the day of a new episode? 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes! I remember you posting that here...somewhere!

While I do believe there are actors out there who just don't spark or have chemistry--and really for the most part, it really is subjective--I do believe it's up to the actors to suck it up and not let their personal animosity (if there is such) affect the roles they're supposed to be playing. Going waaaaaaay back, like I didn't know these two HATED each other--and though their tv roles had them bickering 99% of the time, I accepted it as that's who they were. And "THEY" were Fred and Ethel Mertz on I Love Lucy. William Frawley and Vivian Vance.

Its funny that you should mention that show. Due to broadcast restrictions at the time, husband and wife would sleep on separate beds. I'v been getting the same vibes from the Flash lately and was not surprised to see this discussion appear. I just find it so strange that a show airing today on any channel let alone the cw would not feature some type of sex scene with their main couple. Even if its fade to black.  I think they want to keep it G rated. Tptb probably want it to be considered a family show and have set restrictions on the actors dynamic.

lucy.jpg

• Love 3

I remember Rob and Laura Petrie on the old Dick van Dyke show had separate beds and it seemed so strange to me because they were so young. Laura was still in her 20s.

30 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

She hasn't slept with anyone on her team.  She also has only slept with 3 people, The Queen of France, some guy in the Time Bureau and Alex. 

What about Guinevere?  Did nothing happen with the psychiatric nurse?

2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

remember Michael Shanks going on and on about how the chemistry and working relationship he had with Claudia Black in the very late seasons of Stargate SG-1 basically revitalized his whole love for acting and I personally thought it showed all over my screen.  But at the same time all reports indicated he and the rest of his cast were best buds.  So it's all very undeterminable what exactly makes up that lightning in the bottle.   

Claudia Black and Ben Browder on Farscape had some of the best chemistry ever, so good that I could get over the fact that I was watching puppets.  He was married during the show--his wife even appeared as an alien--but Claudia and Ben had intense chemistry.  I think Emily is someone who can bring some level of chemistry with almost anyone, and Claudia Black might be the same.

The Flash published some books with Scholastic, so I don't think Grant and Candice will ever get too hot.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, GigiM said:

Its funny that you should mention that show. Due to broadcast restrictions at the time, husband and wife would sleep on separate beds. I'v been getting the same vibes from the Flash lately and was not surprised to see this discussion appear. I just find it so strange that a show airing today on any channel let alone the cw would not feature some type of sex scene with their main couple. Even if its fade to black.  I think they want to keep it G rated. Tptb probably want it to be considered a family show and have set restrictions on the actors dynamic.

lucy.jpg

Slightly off topic but on the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, one of the couples actually slept on twin beds but occasionally pushed them together for "reasons".  Now I really want to know if that was at all historically accurate but I really do not want to ask my mother or anyone else from her generation. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I remember Rob and Laura Petrie on the old Dick van Dyke show had separate beds and it seemed so strange to me because they were so young. Laura was still in her 20s.

What about Guinevere?  Did nothing happen with the psychiatric nurse?

She just kissed Guinevere and the nurse. Sara's kissed 5 people and slept with 3 in 3 years. I don't feel that means she sleeps with everyone she meets. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Slightly off topic but on the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, one of the couples actually slept on twin beds but occasionally pushed them together for "reasons".  Now I really want to know if that was at all historically accurate but I really do not want to ask my mother or anyone else from her generation. 

And Ozzie and Harriet Nelson refused to have the double beds; I believe they shared the same bed and they showed it on Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.

Sigh. Ricky "I don't mess around boy," Nelson was soooooo cuuuuute.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Claudia Black and Ben Browder on Farscape had some of the best chemistry ever, so good that I could get over the fact that I was watching puppets.  He was married during the show--his wife even appeared as an alien--but Claudia and Ben had intense chemistry. 

Yeah, they're still my "gold standard" as far as chemistry.  There's very very few onscreen couples that can make me catch my breath, but they could.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I know some Orthodox Jewish people supposedly do so today, due to the laws of family purity, and whilst I haven't asked anyone either, I don't think twin beds pushed together for " reasons " were only for TV.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Actors who can't separate their job from their personal life are in the wrong business. The entire point of acting is to become someone else.  I'm also sorry to say real life shipping creeps me out, again its the separation of actor and character. Even when I was a hardcore shipper, I never thought of the actors as anything but the actors. It was the characters I was interested in. If they were dating it was none of business, if they weren't dating, still none of my business. 

Yes! Fans who can't separate reel life from real life make me so uncomfortable. The characters we see aren't the same people as the actors IRL, and regardless of how great their chemistry may be, that's no reason to think they should be together off screen. Not to mention, if you love watching a couple on screen, you should pray to everything that's holy that it doesn't get destroyed by real life events. Before Oliver and Felicity, Sydney and Vaughn from Alias were my all time favorite ship. I didn't ship Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan IRL (especially since she was married), but once they got together, I was really grateful that it didn't affect their on-screen chemistry. But after they broke up, she got together with Ben Affleck, and there were tabloid stories about how it was affecting things on set, it was really hard to enjoy Sydney and Vaughn the same way as before. So real life shipping my favorite TV couples is a definite no for me. I wish it was for everyone because some people get really out of control with it and nothing but bad things come from that. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I remember Michael Shanks going on and on about how the chemistry and working relationship he had with Claudia Black in the very late seasons of Stargate SG-1 basically revitalized his whole love for acting and I personally thought it showed all over my screen.  But at the same time all reports indicated he and the rest of his cast were best buds.  So it's all very undeterminable what exactly makes up that lightning in the bottle.   

Michael Shanks was pretty much secondary/bromance material through most of his Stargate years.  Other than Sha're who was in only 3 episodes, he didn't have a real love interest till Vala. So I can understand why he might have had good relationships with others on set but it was Daniel's relationship with Vala that sparked him.

I loved Crichton/Aeryn too but to CB and BB's credit, there was nothing between Vala and Mitchell.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

What I said was meant to be a hyperbole but ok... All I mean is so far in what I've been seeing on LoT they've been using Sara's sexuality as a sort of running gag and I guess I'm not really comfortable with that. It was different on Arrow because at least they gave her some serious connections. Idk I just don't like how they're handling her sexuality on LoT.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, quarks said:

Can I beg these media guys to look at least once at Time Warner and CBS financial reports before discussing things like potential cancellations and syndication runs?  

Is this the article that prompted your post? If not, what are your thoughts on this? 

16 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

What I said was meant to be a hyperbole but ok... All I mean is so far in what I've been seeing on LoT they've been using Sara's sexuality as a sort of running gag and I guess I'm not really comfortable with that. It was different on Arrow because at least they gave her some serious connections. Idk I just don't like how they're handling her sexuality on LoT.

They are supposed to be giving Sara a regular love interest in Ava which I'm not happy about either since I don't care about her. Which again shows that this writing team shouldn't write a forced romance.  

• Love 1
Just now, Sakura12 said:

They are supposed to be giving Sara a regular love interest in Ava which I'm not happy about either since I don't care about her. Which again shows that this writing team shouldn't write a forced romance.  

I agree they shouldn't force any romance if it doesn't call for it... Has Sara even shown she's ready for anything serious? Her romantic development is pretty much everywhere. One day she flirts with almost anything that walks on 2 legs (heck even an AI!) and the next moment she's supposed to get a regular love interest? Seems fake to me.

Anyways, I think they should hit a solid middle ground in terms of her romantic life because I'm not really a fan of how they're handling it right now.

1 hour ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Claudia Black and Ben Browder on Farscape had some of the best chemistry ever, so good that I could get over the fact that I was watching puppets.  He was married during the show--his wife even appeared as an alien--but Claudia and Ben had intense chemistry.  I think Emily is someone who can bring some level of chemistry with almost anyone, and Claudia Black might be the same.

The Flash published some books with Scholastic, so I don't think Grant and Candice will ever get too hot.

Puppets?

1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I remember when they started showing a couple in the same bed, they had to have one foot on the floor or something like that. As if married people didn't have sex LOL. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I agree they shouldn't force any romance if it doesn't call for it... Has Sara even shown she's ready for anything serious? Her romantic development is pretty much everywhere. One day she flirts with almost anything that walks on 2 legs (heck even an AI!) and the next moment she's supposed to get a regular love interest? Seems fake to me.

Anyways, I think they should hit a solid middle ground in terms of her romantic life because I'm not really a fan of how they're handling it right now.

It doesn't seem like it since she's hooking up with Constantine in the next episode, then she's supposed to start being interested in dating Ava.  I think they just need to tone down on the flirting with every woman she sees. I did appreciate that she didn't show any interest in Helen of Troy. 

• Love 1

I think they set it up in her conversation with Alex that it's okay to move on. I don't like the idea of it being with Ava though, it's too forced.

6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Puppets?

From Jim Henshaw's factory.  Yes, real puppets played Rygel and some of the other aliens on the show.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Ray looks FANTASTIC. Straight out of the disco 70s, in the worst possible way. I freaking love it.

Sara and Amaya are on point, though.

Mick is typing. I am stunned. Please, please let one of his secrets be that he wants to be a writer. I'm imagining salacious short stories about his crewmates, preferably around the quality level of Peter Griffin's in the Family Guy episode "Peterotica".

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Is this the article that prompted your post? If not, what are your thoughts on this? 

I should save this article somewhere and post it in response every time a hater declares that Arrow is "dead" because of ratings.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

No, I was responding to the CancelledScifi post that TV Echo linked to/posted above, which went on and on about how Supergirl was a sure bet for another season because season four would bring it to the needed syndication numbers, and also brought up the syndication thing with Arrow, Flash and Legends of Tomorrow.

Which....yes, I do think that Supergirl will be renewed for at least one more season, but I don't think that syndication has anything to do with it - or, for that matter, anything to do with any renewal decision these days.  

Regarding the Forbes.com article - I didn't click through because the summary annoys me. It is true that the CW doesn't care that much about live views, but that's not because the CW doesn't have a major stake in its programming. That would be like trying to argue that Fox doesn't care that much about the live views because a good half of their shows are produced by/distributed by Warner Bros Television (Lethal Weapon, Gotham) or NBCUniversal (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) instead of Fox Television Studios (The Simpsons), or that the major networks don't care about the NFL because they don't have a financial stake in it.* Uh, no.  And it's doubly wrong with the CW since the CW does have a major stake in its programming - unlike Fox, it's only airing programs produced by its two major stakeholders, WB and CBS.

The main reason that the CW doesn't care that much about live views is simple: the CW shows do not make their revenue through live views, and specifically, broadcast advertising. Arrow was renewed this season because it's a highly profitable show, despite falling ratings/views. (I suppose not paying for sets does pay off somewhat. Wait. That's a different rant. Sorry, moving on.) The CW shows make their revenue through post views - including, right now, Amazon/iTunes/Google Play/the CW app.

This in turn, along with the fact that all of these shows except for Supergirl are incredibly cheap shows (Riverdale and The 100 are a bit better at hiding that, but not much) has allowed the CW to offer programming to their network affiliates at severely discounted rates. The CW doesn't have to have the same concerns that CBS does about ratings/live views because the CW is paying less per episode, and in any case, to repeat again what Pedowitz and CBS financial reports keep repeating, unlike CBS, the CW is not making its revenue through broadcast advertising.

• Love 11

Forbes

Unlike the big four of CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox, The CW is not a network trying to make money on a grand scale off its live viewership. Rather, it was created as a vessel for 1st-run domestic broadcast. Why is that important? Because without somewhere to air first, there’s no way for television studios to achieve the syndication friendly number of 88-episodes necessary for profitable 2nd-tier syndication deals. The CW is a network created with the singular goal of getting the shows of its parent company to syndication qualifying numbers. That’s why most of its programming still runs traditional 22-episode seasons and why there’s never been outside programming from the likes of 20th Century Fox, NBCUniversal and ABC Studios featured on it.

Live viewership matters very little to a network like The CW because that same network is paying very little in licensing fees. To put it in broad terms, selling a show to The CW is similar to just moving money from one's left hand to the right. If the shows are creating buzz and next day viewership, that’s a gain for everyone because it says to after-market and international broadcasters, “people are going to watch this show anywhere they can. It behooves you to take it on for your day-time programming slate.” Warner Bros. and CBS are paying to keep afloat a vessel for its off-beat programming that won’t do well with live viewers on traditional networks like CBS that do rely on live ratings to cover licensing costs. We all love The Flash, but The Flash would flounder on the likes of NBC, just as Constantine did before it.

I guess that makes sense. Is it true?

That article is two years old, though (January 11, 2016).  What I think I've seen people say is that syndication isn't quite as big a deal as it used to be. Is that true?

Edited by Starfish35
33 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

That article is two years old, though (January 11, 2016).  What I think I've seen people say is that syndication isn't quite as big a deal as it used to be. Is that true?

Yep. Syndication revenues have collapsed across the board. It's a particular issue for actors/writers/directors contracted for late 70s/80s/early 90s content, which are now distributed via streaming - since residuals from those sources weren't included in contracts until 1997/1998, and in some cases, not even then.

36 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Forbes

I guess that makes sense. Is it true?

Mostly except for the syndication part. WB and CBS do use the CW to create buzz - and therefore generate revenue from international licensing, streaming, and so on.

Which in turn is why yes, they do pay some attention to the live numbers - if only half of Arrow's original live viewers are watching it live, then less buzz. But, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, that's not where the revenue is coming from. 

Edited by quarks
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

It really bothers me that this show never gives a "screaming" super power to a male character. Much less "scream" offs between two male characters. Am I just being over sensitive about this? LOL

Nope.  I'd say that's the definition of sexist.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, WindofChange said:

Well, Sara hasn't been particularly flirty this season if I remember right, beyond her hook up with Alex in the crossover and she was a bit flirty with Ava in the last episode, and she is supposed to be her love interest. It doesn't seem to weird to me that she would go through a phase where she had flings with lots of people, and then would settle down. She has grown a lot as a character over the course of the show (finding a middle ground between party hard flirty Sara and angsty I AM MONSTER Sara) so I think it would make sense that she would be looking to be more serious if it was with the right person. Whether Ava is the right person remains to be be seen, and whether or not the romance works, but I will give it a try. LoT is the least shippy of the Arrowverse shows (especially this season) but I wouldn't panic about contrived romance yet. 

Also, what ever is going on in the new LoT episode looks intense, because the gang has pretty serious expressions on. And those 70s clothes...normally the gang looks great in most everything (they're lucky the actors all have rather "classic" looks that fit into most periods) and Sara and Amaya look great, but wow the guys...

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

I think @ruby24, me, and others have discussed in detail the lack of steamy scenes for WA at the flash relationship thread but I will say both Grant and Candice have a chemistry. They are just not comfortable doing more in their kissing scenes. I just think some director should sit them down and request they do more than just peck in their kissing scenes. 

Also, I find this gif to be extremely hot. The way Ricky is smiling. Damn!

tumblr_obz7qjGx791rsc3z0o6_250.gif&key=7

Edited by TwistedandBored
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, TwistedandBored said:

I think @ruby24, me, and others have discussed in detail the lack of steamy scenes for WA at the flash relationship thread but I will say both Grant and Candice have a chemistry. They are just not comfortable doing more in their kissing scenes. I just think some director should sit them down and request they do more than just peck in their kissing scenes. 

Also, I find this gif to be extremely hot. The way Ricky is smiling. Damn!

tumblr_obz7qjGx791rsc3z0o6_250.gif&key=7

That will never happen, especially in the wake of the Kreisberg firing. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

That will never happen, especially in the wake of the Kreisberg firing. 

What does AK getting fired over inappropriate behavior and harassment have anything to do with directors doing their job and telling actors how to perform their scenes?

• Love 6

I just think that in this climate, people probably won't go near anything that falls in the area of telling two people to act more intimate, or for example, open your mouths more when you kiss. It would embarrass the actors and make everyone uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I just think that in this climate, people probably won't go near anything that falls in the area of telling two people to act more intimate, or for example, open your mouths more when you kiss. It would embarrass the actors and make everyone uncomfortable.

Unless the actors have made it known that they're uncomfortable kissing each other, which... then why are they in the entertainment industry? Then I can see why directors would ask for more heat. It's part of the job and Candice/Grant aren't Iris/Barry.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I ...don't understand this. This isn't a matter of sexual harassment. They are actors and if the script calls for a scene to be passionate how would that become any kind of harassment issue? If the crew is sitting whooping and hollering at them sure, but between actors, a writer and the director that doesn't seem like it would fall into the area of something problematic.

I'm not being snarky, I'm just not entirely following this rationale.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I ...don't understand this. This isn't a matter of sexual harassment. They are actors and if the script calls for a scene to be passionate how would that become any kind of harassment issue? If the crew is sitting whooping and hollering at them sure, but between actors, a writer and the director that doesn't seem like it would fall into the area of something problematic.

I'm not being snarky, I'm just not entirely following this rationale.

I agree, but I I guess they might be being extra careful right now?

Looking at some of the script directions, there isn't a huge amount specifically written so a lot is up to the actors and director for interpretation. I mean they could start with asking Joe not to have his hands on Barry when he's trying to greet Iris after prison, that might make it less awkward. But apart from 3.04 it just doesn't seem like something they're interested in doing. As people have pointed out here, they are a lot of little things that can be done to make a scene more intimate or passionate without making the actors uncomfortable, like the above gif with Iris/Eddie, which is both cute and had more heat than WA have been almost ever, or even more initimate camera angles might help but they don't really do those either.

Superhero Insider: Villains rise and fall on Arrow, The Flash, and more
NATALIE ABRAMS and CHANCELLOR AGARD February 09, 2018 AT 02:30 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/09/superhero-insider-feb-8/

Entertainment Weekly's Superhero Insider
February 9, 2018  Kyle Anderson & Natalie Abrams

Also, here's EW's interview with Marc Guggenheim...

Legends of Tomorrow boss teases team's new additions (and subtractions)
NATALIE ABRAMS February 09, 2018 AT 12:42 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/09/legends-of-tomorrow-constantine-wally-west-leo-snart/ 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Marvel Stars Assemble for Epic Class Photo in Honor of 10th Anniversary
By Kirsten Chuba  FEBRUARY 8, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/film/news/marvel-class-photo-10th-anniversary-celebration-1202692301/

In what was a little different than the average class photo, Marvel Studios brought together 80 of its stars and filmmakers for one picture in honor of its 10-year anniversary.

On Oct. 7, the group gathered in secret on the Atlanta set of “Avengers: Infinity War” for the photo to celebrate the last decade of the Marvel Comics Universe.

The star-studded list of superhero talent included Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chris Pratt, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Jeremy Renner, Tom Holland, Sean Gunn, Hannah John-Kamen, Zoe Saldana, Angela Bassett, Jon Favreau, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kurt Russell, Danai Gurira, William Hurt, Karen Gillan, Emily VanCamp, Tessa Thompson, Don Cheadle, Dave Bautista, Michael Peña, Anthony Mackie, Evangeline Lilly, Elizabeth Olsen, Paul Bettany, Frank Grillo, Letitia Wright, Laurence Fishburne, Linda Cardellini, Sebastian Stan, Ty Simpkins, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Hayley Atwell, Pom Klementieff, Benedict Wong, Michael Rooker, Vin Diesel, Cobie Smulders, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jeff Goldblum.

Some of those who worked behind the camera to create the Marvel films were also featured, including Stan Lee, James Gunn, and Ryan Coogler.

marvel-class-photo-1920x1080.jpg 

ETA: Apparently Clark Gregg was not in this class photo because he was busy at NY Comic Con at the time.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

ETA: Apparently Clark Gregg was not in this class photo because he was busy at NY Comic Con at the time.

I don't think he'd even be in it if he wasn't busy, gotta keep things separate you know... even though he was in 4 Marvel movies...

• Love 1

I have a LoT question. I remember spec abou Rip possibly being Oliver's descendant because his son was named Jonas. Was that ever touched upon? Because I actually thought it could be that his mom is an Olicity descendant. Right before Savage executes him he comments on him being brave like his mother and stupid like his father. That was sort of a huh, maybe it actually goes this way moment for me. 

By the way, I'm done with the first five episodes, they just landed is SC 2046. It's far from perfect, there's some not great acting and I feel some stuff hasn't been explained enough for people who haven't followed Arrow and The Flash (I'm going to have to google some stuff about Stein and Firestorm), but there really isn't too much Savage in these episodes which is, sadly, a good thing.