Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, LeighAn said:

I just watched the first episode of Lucifer. I really enjoyed it although I wonder does Lucifer sarcasm and schtick get old down the line?

Not at all!  But I agree that the strong supporting cast helps. 

• Love 1

Exterior shooting (Kara, Alex, Sara, and Iris, Joe, Felicity)...

The Flash Wedding: Supergirl Arrives Disaster Strikes - Season 4
Published on Oct 12, 2017, by Celebrity WotNot

Edited by tv echo

Really don't like Iris' wedding dress, I swear that's like those sexy wedding dresses on "say yes to the dress", Panina something or other, with the sheer bodices.  Never been a fan, plus too poofy on the bottom.

Why do I have a feeling that the Alex/Kara scene is because Alex disappeared the night before for a hookup with Sara? 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Really don't like Iris' wedding dress, I swear that's like those sexy wedding dresses on "say yes to the dress", Panina something or other, with the sheer bodices.  Never been a fan, plus too poffy on the bottom.

Yup. It's like, pretty underwear, when are you going to put on the dress that goes over it?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Yup. It's like, pretty underwear, when are you going to put on the dress that goes over it?

I couldn't figure out exactly what bothered me about it (apart from it generally not being my taste), but it does look like a foundation garment and an underskirt, haha. If only they could shoot her from that weird waist ribbon up - she's stunning.

DC TV Watch: 'The Flash' Runs Back to Its Funny Roots
THR rounds up all the major twists, new mysteries and more announcements for all the DC Comics TV shows.
OCTOBER 13, 2017 8:00am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-flash-couples-therapy-1047894

Who knew therapy could be so hilarious? | As for those teases of Barry and Iris (Candice Patton) in couples therapy, that's not just a one-and-done joke. The engaged couple will start seeing a therapist in next week's episode to discuss all their serious relationship issues, and according to executive producer Todd Helbing, that is a story that "we certainly go back to more than once." But why do Barry and Iris even need therapy? "Barry left and six months passes by," Helbing tells THR. "You sent out the save-the-date cards and you're about to get married and then your fiance is gone, so she had a lot of explaining to do to people about why this wasn't happening anymore. So when he comes back, how do you just jump back into a relationship with somebody like that when they were gone? There's a learning curve and there's a lot of work that has to be done for them to get back on track and get back to the place they were at before he left. Couples therapy felt like the perfect place for them to work on that stuff." Expect those scenes to become a series highlight.
Cerebral conflict | Executive producer Wendy Mericle warns that the big bad this season will be unlike anything Oliver has come up against before. "He's using his brain. That's a different kind of enemy for Oliver to face," Mericle tells THR. "He can't punch this guy and call it a day. It's going to take a lot more than that." Is she talking about Black Siren's mysterious helper, or someone else?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Why do I have a feeling that the Alex/Kara scene is because Alex disappeared the night before for a hookup with Sara? 

God, if this is true, please make it so Kara is stuck drinking with Mick all night (and we get to watch the highlights). Pretty please....

• Love 1
11 hours ago, tv echo said:

He's using his brain. That's a different kind of enemy for Oliver to face

Sorry, TV Echo, I quoted that wrong.

Yes, because Malcolm Merlyn, Slade Wilson, Ra's al Ghul, Damien Dark and Adrian Chase, who was like 10 steps ahead of Oliver all the time, were brainless. I kind of get what is being said here but the sentiment is totally not true. It may have come down to punching in the end (well, except for Chase, who killed himself and thus was able to outwit Oliver one last time) but nearly everyone Oliver has fought has been, on some level, smarter than him. That's generally WHY he had to resort to punching them in the face until they stopped moving, he couldn't win otherwise.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

How cold is it in Vancouver right now? They wrapped up Candace and EBR pretty fast in coats.

It was cute that EBR gave the person giving her her coat a hug.  It was the same guy that then goes and talks to CP.  The director maybe?

• Love 1

DCTV: Flash’s New Suit, Arrow’s Identity Exposed, Legends Joins the Circus
Published on Oct 16, 2017, by DC

-- Flash: Barry gets a new suit and new gadgets. Barry & Iris start couples therapy. Villain is Kilgore, a sort of computer virus.

-- LoT: So many time aberrations, including on The Titanic. Going to Wisconsin 1870, where we meet P.T. Barnum (Billy Zane). Big tiger. Amaya is in the episode.

-- Arrow: Per DCTV's Hector Navarro, after CH 52 revealed the identity of the GA to be Oliver Queen, Mayor Queen holds a press conference and "there is a name drop to a famous DC hero that I don't even know how they were able to do it, so you gotta listen for it because it's awesome." The FBI sends one of its top agents to investigate this claim that the GA is Mayor Oliver Queen. How will it end up? Hector doesn't know, but he does know that "Agent Samanda Watson is damn good at her job, so watch out, Ollie and friends, because this might not end up so great." Also, Hector said: "Curtis has a secret job in tech that he didn't tell anybody about. Curtis is the best. He's been doing his own thing on the side." Also, Hector said: "Dinah is concerned about Diggle's skills in the field. What's going on with Diggle? You gotta watch the episode the find out." 

Edited by tv echo

First Look: 'Freedom Fighters: The Ray' Promo Art
Damian Holbrook October 16, 2017 2:00 pm
https://www.tvinsider.com/609812/first-look-freedom-fighters-the-ray-key-art-promo-poster/

The Arrowverse is expanding again with Freedom Fighters: The Ray, and like the animated Vixen, this DC Comics do-gooder will be fighting crime in animated form on The CW Seed.

Centered on gay journalist Ray Terrill, voiced by Russell Tovey of Quantico, the new cartoon will follow the Golden Age hero's exploits after being exposed to a "genetic light bomb" by a secret government group trying to covert light into a weapon of mass destruction. Packing some seriously illuminating abilities, Ray suits up to help Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters team.
And as you can see in this just-released key art, Ray has some very cool colleagues in what looks like Black Condor, Phantom Lady and a few others.
But in a reversal of Vixen's evolution—the totem-enabled crime fighter began on the CW Seed as a cartoon voiced by Megalyn Echikunwoke, who then scored an Arrow guest spot before Maisie Richardson-Sellers took on the role of her equally gifted granddaughter on Legends of TomorrowTovey's Ray will be introduced as a live-action iteration during this season's four-show crossover event in November and then leap into his own animated series on the digital platform.

freedom-fighters-promo-600x905.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Dumb question alert - ok, so I keep seeing people talk about Barry's new suit, and I guess I'm missing what's new about it.  Can someone fill me in? :(

It's just a new design. It's ugly and doesn't fit well (too big).

2 hours ago, tv echo said:

DCTV: Flash’s New Suit, Arrow’s Identity Exposed, Legends Joins the Circus
Published on Oct 16, 2017, by DC

-- Flash: Barry gets a new suit and new gadgets. Barry & Iris start couples therapy. Villain is Kilgore, a sort of computer virus.

-- LoT: So many time aberrations, including on The Titanic. Going to Wisconsin 1870, where we meet P.T. Barnum (Billy Zane). Big tiger. Amaya is in the episode.

-- Arrow: Per DCTV's Hector Navarro, after CH 52 revealed the identity of the GA to be Oliver Queen, Mayor Queen holds a press conference and "there is a name drop to a famous DC hero that I don't even know how they were able to do it, so you gotta listen for it because it's awesome." The FBI sends one of its top agents to investigate this claim that the GA is Mayor Oliver Queen. How will it end up? Hector doesn't know, but he does know that "Agent Samanda Watson is damn good at her job, so watch out, Ollie and friends, because this might not end up so great." Also, Hector said: "Curtis has a secret job in tech that he didn't tell anybody about. Curtis is the best. He's been doing his own thing on the side." Also, Hector said: "Dinah is concerned about Diggle's skills in the field. What's going on with Diggle? You gotta watch the episode the find out." 

What's with the yellow eyes? Is that new?

6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Those pap pics of Earth X GA-- he's wearing an SS armband. I was holding out hope they wouldn't actually go with actual Nazi regalia, but there it is. So gross. 

Man, I would have missed the pics in the linked article without your comment. Probably would have been better off. ?

23 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Those pap pics of Earth X GA-- he's wearing an SS armband. I was holding out hope they wouldn't actually go with actual Nazi regalia, but there it is. So gross. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 5

I feel I owe both Arrow and Flash an apology.  Bad though their excuses for not having enough sets/building more are, Lena's "Oh, CEO's don't actually need an office or even a desk these days" is far, far worse.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, quarks said:

I feel I owe both Arrow and Flash an apology.  Bad though their excuses for not having enough sets/building more are, Lena's "Oh, CEO's don't actually need an office or even a desk these days" is far, far worse.

Sadly for me, this is the new office space -- no offices, not even for executives.  Everyone lives out of a backpack and tries to find a space to work, and tries to find a quiet place to work. But there are climbing walls and exercise machines in the new "fun zone"s.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

THis is probably one of my favorite Supergirl episodes of the series apart from the annoying kid. Psi was a very fun villain that I hope we see again and it was nice getting deeper into Karas character.

I didn't even mind the kid. Yes, she was Iris levels of dumb (Mom, come save me!) but that was a stellar episode.  Emotional and the pacing just let everything breathe.  If only that could be the norm of the show.  

I have a feeling the villain, when she becomes the villain is going to break my heart.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Sadly for me, this is the new office space -- no offices, not even for executives.  Everyone lives out of a backpack and tries to find a space to work, and tries to find a quiet place to work. But there are climbing walls and exercise machines in the new "fun zone"s.

Yikes.  Though honestly, I have at times dragged with me in and out of the office every day an even bigger bag, lol.  

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I have a feeling the villain, when she becomes the villain is going to break my heart. 

Oh yeah, right now her storyline is my new favorite one so far, and 302 was definitely better than the season premiere. With this and the words from the reviewers saying how 402 of Flash was more entertaining than 401, I wonder if just all of the shows had just shaky starts and start to pick up the pace in their second episodes (I know the poll here put LoT as the favorite last week, but parts of the episode still felt off to me, as if they weren't hitting par either like 601 just to a different extent).

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Fair enough, but from that article, that's the entire office going without offices/cubicles/assigned desks and so on. Supergirl had everyone except for the CEO at an office or a desk area, and Kara even got dinged for not being at her office area.  Even though, in her defense, both she and Eve have desks right near the elevator that just went BOOM so she could have argued that she was avoiding her desk for safety reasons. 

If Supergirl really had gone the whole "we're giving up the office format!" I would have been all for this, but it was much more of a "look, frankly, Lena's only going to be at Catgo to talk to James and Kara anyway, so we'll just have her stand near their desks and not bother to create an office space for her," thing. Of course this was the same show that also expected us to believe that the entire Catco staff would just ignore a destroyed elevator and a big hole in the roof, so....yeah, I probably should just go back to handwaving.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, way2interested said:

(I know the poll here put LoT as the favorite last week, but parts of the episode still felt off to me, as if they weren't hitting par either like 601 just to a different extent)

I completely agree.  I wanted to love LoT but like all the other Arrowverse premieres last week, something was really off.  I didn't love LoT's second season premiere either so I'm sure it's just all the set up stuff that messes with the pacing.  

10 minutes ago, quarks said:

Of course this was the same show that also expected us to believe that the entire Catco staff would just ignore a destroyed elevator and a big hole in the roof, so....yeah, I probably should just go back to handwaving.

I'm very curious if it will ever be mentioned.  It's not as personally egregious as Roy being electrocuted and left behind but yeah, talk about a plot hole.   I was assuming it would be talked about in the next episode but doesn't sound like Kara will have much chance for shop talk next week, lol.  

As I said on the Supergirl board, I can't buy Lena giving up everything she does at L-Corp to a young person she's just hired so she can hang around Catco and tell Kara what to do. And ignore the fact that James has been running the place for a year.

But I'm nitpicking because I'm so glad that they're finally going back to Catco, Kara as a reporter and James's role in news as opposed to his superhero wannabe role last season.  And if he and Lena want to strike sparks off each other, bonus.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

As I said on the Supergirl board, I can't buy Lena giving up everything she does at L-Corp to a young person she's just hired so she can hang around Catco and tell Kara what to do. And ignore the fact that James has been running the place for a year.

The only thing I can figure is that Sam is far more successful than we were led to think about her being.  The single mom struggling thing made me think they were just getting by, but I kept looking at the house they had her and Ruby living in.  It was not a starter house.  It's more than kind of a cheat but it's the CW.  Every executive is a young person, lol.   

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I completely agree.  I wanted to love LoT but like all the other Arrowverse premieres last week, something was really off.  I didn't love LoT's second season premiere either so I'm sure it's just all the set up stuff that messes with the pacing.  

I guess all of the shows had to deal with their pseudo-cliffhangers and all of them messed up to some degree the return while failing to balance set-up. Supergirl's dramatic ending pushed them to be dramatic in-turn for 301 even though it shouldn't have taken months for Alex to approach Kara about how she was acting, following setting up their 3a villain (Morgan Edge), what Lena's doing, what James is doing, what Alex and Maggie are doing, and setting up Reign (all of which don't really tonally match what Kara is going through). Flash's cliffhanger was resolved arguably too quickly like Flashpoint last year while also focusing too much and just resolving the cliffhanger for the one episode (also like Flashpoint) and also setting up Caitlin and teasing the big bad (which also doesn't really fit with Barry's story). LoT swept its cliffhanger away in favor of plot set-up for reasons to continue to travel through time along with very subtly setting up the season. Arrow also swept its cliffhanger away in favor of season set-up from the consequences, ironically making the resolving of the cliffhanger the parts of the episode to not tonally fit the episode, while still not fitting in all of the set-up to come from the season.

5 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Only two people from each show get to attend the funeral? Sucks for the other Legends at least. And likely for Caitlin and Cisco. Was Stein to one to marry Caitlin and Roonie?

Oliver looks way too comfortable hugging people, but it's way cute that he's fist bumpong Alex. Kara in sneakers is super cute.

And finally, these two goobers. ?

IMG_0219.PNG

• Love 6

Everything about Lena at CatCo makes my eyes bleed with how fake it feels. I was hoping Lena and James would be awesome but so far they've sadly been a bore. I really don't understand at all why people are happy just because James is at CatCo, it seems all he's been doing this season so far is being disrespected and ignored and with the "haha, favouritism" jokes, I have the sinking feeling that that likely isn't going to change much. I get that Mehcad looks lovely in a suit, but I'm sure what they've given him so far this season is probably boring him to tears. 

I don't get why they didn't have Sam be the one who works at CatCo, that would have been the much more natural way to introduce her to the cast, while Lena would be better off sparring with Morgan Edge at L-Corp. 

I'm not 100% sure whether I think the way they go about Sam is really the right choice. I feel like there is just not enough foreshadowing enough and so far she seems to have a fairly bland sympathetic personality. I would rather have had something more in the direction of likable but flawed (more in the direction of Kara's aunt in season 1). Or at least give us some better foreshadowing of why we should care about her screentime. 

If they don't want to go for the traditional "ominous flash forward to the battle with the hero" stuff, and want us to start to like Sam on her own terms as a character, at least give us some sort of fakeout foreshadowing. Like act like she will be a superhero, or like she has a big secret for Kara about her past on Krypton, or do some stuff where Kara angsts that she wishes she had more Kryptonians/superheroes to interact with, *pan to Sam*. But the way it is done so far just doesn't really create much tension and anticipation, especially since they didn't follow up on the big jump scare WTF from the premiere. 

Only two people from each show get to attend the funeral? Sucks for the other Legends at least. And likely for Caitlin and Cisco. Was Stein to one to marry Caitlin and Roonie?

That can't be it. Alex and Kara barely met Stein and why would there be Mick over Jax. 

Edited by tofutan
  • Love 1

New ARROWVERSE Crossover Set Photo Features Our First Look At Supergirl's Evil Earth-X Counterpart Overgirl
Josh Wilding   10/17/17
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc/supergirl/new-arrowverse-crossover-set-photo-features-our-first-look-at-supergirls-evil-earth-x-counterpart-overgirl-a154587

It was revealed earlier this year that this year's Arrowverse crossover will be titled on "Crisis on Earth-X" and that heroes from the worlds of Supergirl, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, and Arrow will battle villainous Nazi counterparts from an alternate reality. On that world, the Nazis won the war but Overgirl - Kara Danvers' doppelganger -  died shortly after being introduced in the comic books.

That clearly won't be the case here, though, as a new photo from the set of the crossover reveals our first look at Overgirl in action. As you can see, she's sporting the "SS" logo on her chest and wears a mask to cover her face. We're assuming it's Melissa Benoist under that but it could just as easily be a stuntwoman. What we do know is that the Supergirl star will provide the character's voice here. 

0fcqv3kz39rz.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

I disagree with the headline - I don't think all of these actors are (or should be) embarrassed by all of these movies and tv shows listed - some of them, sure...

15 Embarrassing Roles Arrowverse Actors Want You To Forget
Oct. 16, 2017 by Mason Segall
http://www.cbr.com/embarrassing-arrowverse-roles/

15. DAVID RAMSEY IN CON AIR
14. WILLA HOLLAND IN LEGION
13. DANIELLE PANABAKER IN PIRANHA 3DD
12. BRANDON ROUTH IN ZACK AND MIRI MAKE A PORNO
11. EMILY BETT RICKARDS IN FLICKA: COUNTRY PRIDE
10. JOHN BARROWMAN IN SHARK ATTACK 3: MEGALODON
9. JESSE L. MARTIN IN SMASH
8. TOM CAVANAGH IN YOGI BEAR
7. DOMINIC PURCELL IN BLADE: TRINITY