Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I could see her being frustrated that her wedding storyline got overshadowed by the Oliver/Felicity storyline during the crossover.  I'm surprised that she would throw shade at the characters though.  :( 

Edited by Starfish35

By logic if it was the only thing that mattered there wouldn't be complaints at all. 

I find complaining about having to share an improvised wedding in the context of the crossover superficial, no matter how many people think the opposite.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
6 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

She's not saying anything in there that the majority doesn't agree with. I know you guys don't want to admit that, but it's true. 

My issue is why it keeps getting brought up. Is there nothing else the reporter could have asked her in an interview about strong female characters? How about Iris's Die Hard-esque storyline in the crossover? Or her being the leader at Star Labs? Nope! Let's talk about the wedding! And being married! 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

All I can say is EBR would never and I love that about her. ☺️

Truly. Emily is classy. Emily is the kind of woman who would totally be easy going and cool with it if it was the other way around. She would never throw shade at other characters because she wanted that spotlight solely on herself.

Edited by WindofChange
2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

My issue is why it keeps getting brought up. Is there nothing else the reporter could have asked her in an interview about strong female characters? How about Iris's Die Hard-esque storyline in the crossover? Or her being the leader at Star Labs? Nope! Let's talk about the wedding! And being married! 

Pathetic. 

And with what I know about Candice surely she could’ve come up with something for Iris that didn’t involve “all she cares about is getting her man?” Yikes on bikes. 

2 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

Truly. Emily is classy. Emily is the kind of woman who would totally be easy going and cool with it if it was the other way around. She would never throw shade at other characters because she wanted that spotlight solely on herself.

Emily is always so supportive of other characters, especially female characters. We are #Blessed. 

Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

Uhm, what majority? Unless there's a poll out there about this, I don't think anyone can claim what the majority agrees or doesn't agree with. 

Lol. Why do you think they brought it up?

5 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I wonder if it keeps getting brought up because Iris is only a love interest on the Flash. That was her big storyline and the wedding was shared with Olicity so that's what they'll ask about. 

They tried to make her a leader this season but she really has no skills to back that up with. I'm guessing from the spoilers they'll stick her in a mask like Laurel cuz they have no other use for her. 

She clearly said it in the context of this situation  => Iris didn't care about the specifics of the wedding, only about getting married to Barry; not that Iris in generally only cares about getting married to Barry. 

So Ava has been upgraded to sort of girlfriend? 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, tinnefoil said:

She clearly said it in the context of this situation  => Iris didn't care about the specifics of the wedding, only about getting married to Barry; not that Iris in generally only cares about getting married to Barr

But then she outlined all the ways Iris didn’t get the wedding she wanted. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Shethority! Woohoo! Girl power!!!!

But let me get pissy because another character got the spotlight and the wedding I've wanted for my character. And i totes just want to get married to my man — because I'm a strong female character. 

Shethority! Woohoo! Girl power!!!

Every time I see people still talking/complaining about the double wedding, I wish that O/F had let B/I go to a justice of the peace and gone home and the last scene of the crossover was Diggle marrying just O/F. While B/I maybe got married off-screen since The Flash writers didn't seem to care enough to even mention them having a reception and that honeymoon scene was deleted.

Although people probably would have complained/whined about that. 

People will probably still be talking about the double wedding before/during/after next year's crossover.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

But then she outlined all the ways Iris didn’t get the wedding she wanted. 

Just means that Iris is a nicer person than Candice. 

And for the record, I think privately grumbling about the wedding but not actually letting it out on other people/in public is still handling it with grace by my definition. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It’s the most I’ve ever seen anyone talk about WestAllen.

Which is why that side keeps bringing it up. Otherwise, crickets for them. The only time they managed to get buzz is when they attached themselves to Olicity. And that's just the plain truth. No majority opinion needed.

nWXa8aI.gif.a901be2a14867c20a650fb7f348917ad.gif

The horse is dead, people.  I know you all are reacting to Candice's interview but please no more discussion of the wedding(s), was it rude/not, whose was better, character and actor reactions, etc.

Thanks!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Shethority! Woohoo! Girl power!!!!

But let me get pissy because another character got the spotlight and the wedding I've wanted for my character. And i totes just want to get married to my man — because I'm a strong female character. 

Shethority! Woohoo! Girl power!!!

Hashtag feminism!

I like the ponytail. I think she looks cute with it. Don’t like the mask or the outfit, but at least she’s out like that in the daylight. Wide swaths of white on a dark costume look stupid at night (for concealment purposes). 

Edited by apinknightmare
1 minute ago, Sakura12 said:

What happened to Sara's Canary mask? She still had the best one. 

I can give Arrow kudos because each mask is at least "one of a kind". 

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

The Flash mask game is weak.

Let me get this straight .... Felicity can never, ever be a mask in this timeline (not that I'm complaining) but it's okay for Iris to get one

A. Different showrunners

B. We don't know if this is E1 Iris. 

3 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

People think she might be Hot Pursuit. 

I think she's either Iris from the future or a different earth though. I don't think she's present day, E1 Iris.

I can see it.

PattyTFP.png

Though if she is suppose to be Hot Pursuit (horrible name) I really like the helmet aspect, they should've given it to her. But I am really wanting her to be a doppelganger. 

27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The Flash mask game is weak.

Let me get this straight .... Felicity can never, ever be a mask in this timeline (not that I'm complaining) but it's okay for Iris to get one

Anyone can be a mask. To me it's like TVD when they turn them into vampires or werewolves after they run out of ideas. 

Probably the only thing I'll ever agree with MG on is his insistence on keeping her mask free in this timeline. 

9 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Probably the only thing I'll ever agree with MG on is his insistence on keeping her mask free in this timeline. 

Same. I wouldn't mind if it happened in an alternate timeline, but I don't ever really need to see it.

I thought The Flash had a pretty good outing this week, especially compared to last week. The prison stuff still isn't my favorite, but it had some fun character stuff and I admit Ralph is growing on me. And I think the possible next story line featuring this "mystery girl" could be promising. 

Of course, I might just have been happy to have seen our Lord and Savior Beebo show up. Although, our God will have its vengeance on their insolence and treatment of our God. BEEBO!

I absolutely squealed when Beebo showed up! I'm so glad he's not a one-and-done!

I was sort of neutral on Ralph, but after this episode - and now that I know Wally's going to LoT so he's not disappearing - I kinda find him endearing. Don't shoot me!

7 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

I was sort of neutral on Ralph, but after this episode - and now that I know Wally's going to LoT so he's not disappearing - I kinda find him endearing. Don't shoot me!

I won't shoot you! This was the first episode where I was like, 'awww. He's not SO bad...' We can huddle together for protection!