Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I just think it'd be so hilarious if Iris is pregnant without us even seeing Iris/Barry be intimate lol It'd be really jarring but it'd also make her pregnancy a twist so there's that.

Edited by WindofChange
1 minute ago, WindofChange said:

I just think it'd be so hilarious if Iris is pregnant without even seeing Iris/Barry be intimate lol It'd be really jarring but it'd also make her pregnancy a twist so there's that.

Yeah, I wonder if they would do that. A lot of people are predicting her to be pregnant by season's end because of that diapers line from the premiere (and now the mystery girl running around who's probably their daughter). You'd think they'd have at least one scene of them even just laying in bed, implying something.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Grant actually does do stuff like that- even in that scene in the last episode he was rubbing Iris's back the whole time. The problem is the kissing itself. No one is going to tell them it needs to be improved, that they need to stop holding back. But that's what they need to do. 

Look at the gif on @WindofChange  post above where Eddie greets Iris with a big smile,  picks her up and does a half turn with her in the air before putting her down and probably kissing her. You just know that he's delighted to see her and that if they were alone he'd show her even more

I don't recall anything like that from Barry.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I'm really wondering how many times Westallen can say "You're my home" or something to that extent before it starts getting old and less special?

I think their pecks were a lot better than what Grant/Candice tried to sell in the last episode... They definitely lasted longer. Let me see if I can find gifs for comparison. 

latest?cb=20151009131832 tumblr_obz7qjGx791rsc3z0o4_250.gif tumblr_no9szx24ZE1qe0l0wo10_250.gif

tumblr_nksr5phJOl1qe1x1eo3_500.gif

Also this is so cute omg:

tumblr_obz7qjGx791rsc3z0o6_250.gif

Hello I now miss Eddie all over again.

They were really cute together. They acted like adults in an adult relationship! The face cupping. The actual moving of lips into a kissing stance! They were really pretty sexy IMO. Well sexier than WA. LOL. She seemed like she couldn't wait to touch him. That scene of them in bed. I 100% believe they were having some hot sex. 

I don't get that at all from WA.

46 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

In all fairness, I don't think Candice and Grant could get to be this bad:

FLG1uC4.gif

That's so funny. This is so bad.

• Love 1

Not every couple is going to give off steamy sex vibes. WA can be best defined as cute. I also have to wonder if they wrote much better Iris/Eddie scenes in S1 because they wanted Barry to be jealous and to really make the audience believe that those two would end up together and once they got to WA they just didnt feel the need to even try.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

In all fairness, I don't think Candice and Grant could get to be this bad:

FLG1uC4.gif

Well, it looks like maybe she was gonna try and bring him closer but he's like "No, gotta have room for the Holy Ghost" LMAO!

Look, with WA I think that's pretty much all you can get. I've been saying for seasons now, no spark, no heat. But you know what, it's fine. They're on an 8 pm slot, I don't think a lot of people are clamoring for Barry and Iris to have hot and heavy sex ala Olicity. 

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, WindofChange said:

I just think it'd be so hilarious if Iris is pregnant without us even seeing Iris/Barry be intimate lol It'd be really jarring but it'd also make her pregnancy a twist so there's that.

It happens all the time on network TV, though. The Flash has always been "PG"; there's never going to be a sex scene. The show has already shown Barry & Iris as sexually active, and they're married now. He has a fast metabolism, and vibrates they're having ALL the sex -- they're not going to show bumpin' 'n' grindin' because that's not the show.

I would like to see the show do better with the intimate scenes they do have for them, though.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Well, it looks like maybe she was gonna try and bring him closer but he's like "No, gotta have room for the Holy Ghost" LMAO!

Look, with WA I think that's pretty much all you can get. I've been saying for seasons now, no spark, no heat. But you know what, it's fine. They're on an 8 pm slot, I don't think a lot of people are clamoring for Barry and Iris to have hot and heavy sex ala Olicity. 

I think Grant and Candice are very capable of bringing the spark/heat when given the opportunity! ;) 

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Just leaving this here...for science...

ezgif.com-resize.gif

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Luvandstuff said:

That's actually one of my favs haha but to each their own!  but here's another one for good measure lol

I mean if you're happy with those pecks then good for you! I just think it's weird that this is all they get... I'm used to more steaminess I guess.

• Love 1

All those good ones are from the same scene. Their ONE makeout scene in 3x04. That's all they've allowed them to have though, but at least it's evidence that they're capable if given the specific instructions.

I don't understand why they haven't had at least a couple more scenes like that.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4864917

But, Barry has more speed settings, I would think! :P

Too fast!

26 minutes ago, Luvandstuff said:

I think Grant and Candice are very capable of bringing the spark/heat when given the opportunity! ;) 

ezgif.com-crop.gif

Just leaving this here...for science...

ezgif.com-resize.gif

That top one is pretty hot, the rest do nothing for me. Is that top one from altered versions of WA? I'm not being snarky. Are they regular West Allen?

5 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

All those good ones are from the same scene. Their ONE makeout scene in 3x04. That's all they've allowed them to have though, but at least it's evidence that they're capable if given the specific instructions.

One moment out of the entire 3 years? yeah....... that's not good. 304 was also super early on in their relationship which I'm guessing it was to show that they were a couple... 

• Love 1

To be fair to the reunion kiss, it looks like their dad is holding Barry’s shoulders while they do it. Awkward. Joes should have just smooched him when he picked him up from prison and let Iris have her turn in peace.

Note: I don’t know if Joe picked him up from prison.

• Love 5

I suppose that is one of the issues when your a couple that share a parent ;)

I think Iris and Barry have solid chemistry, but the Flash writers still tend to write the show as more of a family show than Arrow is, so they feel weird about writing make out scenes between their characters, and not just Barry and Iris. Or they just arent very good at that in general, because I feel that Grant and Candice do try to add more couple moments. Really, the only Flash couple that tends to get very...sexy is Cisco/Gypsy. But when you have a VERY long distance romance, I guess even they figure you have to do a lot with the time you have!

• Love 2

WestAllen just seem intentionally vanilla to me. They are written vanilla, their actors chemistry comes off vanilla and I feel comfortable assuming their fictional sex life is also very vanilla. I don't think there's any conspiracy behind it, or weirdness. I just think that's just who they are as a couple. They are the cute, 'lets go out for ice cream dates with flowers', contrast to Olicity's, 'lets eat ice cream off each other', sexy, yet intimate and romantic couple. 

• Love 16

‘Black Lightning’ cast talks about the industry at aTVfest
FEBRUARY 7, 2018   by : ANYA HABER
https://scadconnector.com/2018/02/07/black-lightning-cast-talks-about-the-industry-at-atvfest/

The Connector: There are a lot of superhero shows being released right now. What differentiates this one from the rest?

Cress Williams: The biggest and easiest difference is that we are a family and we are a family drama, with superhero powers sprinkled on top. Also, [Black Lightning] is probably the first superhero who is later in life. He’s retired and then come back. He’s in his 40s. He’s got a family and kids. Eventually, it’ll become a superhero family because the powers will translate to the children, so truly every aspect of it, other than the powers, are different.

Jones: It’s about family, it’s about community. It’s a first on many levels. I’m playing in the first black superhero family on network television. It’s very important. Just being the first to show all the different dynamics that are going on in our community at one time. And it be based in the realties, yet, also taking you to the fantasies of life, so it’s a great escapism and reality check at the same time, and I think you don’t have that.

Gupton: We are a superhero show that deals with social justice and issues that are real and grounded, things that are current enough today with what’s going on in the world.

Remar: Because we are the best one! [Laughter]

The Connector: What is the underlying, relatable human story? Is it the family aspect?

Cress Williams: It is the family aspect, but also the community aspect. No matter what age, no matter where you are in life, you have a responsibility. If you look around and see things in your community, the ills in your community, you have a responsibility to step in and affect change in the best way you can.
*  *  * (Read more...)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

I think the Flash is written more as a kids show, that's why they are so chaste with their "love" scenes. Everyone is always fully clothed, even Cisco and Gypsy. Although those two looked more like they were about to have sex while Barry and Iris despite being married act like they are in the 1950's and sleep in separate beds. Even LoT shows more skin with their love scenes and they don't even have a gold standard couple. 

I did notice that Flash cast doesn't hang out with each other all that much, Candice and Danielle seem to hang out with Caity more than anyone on their show. Maybe that could be why I don't feel the closeness of their team and just see co-workers. I'm not saying the actors have to be best friends, but being friends IRL does translate on screen. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I suppose that is one of the issues when your a couple that share a parent ;)

I think Iris and Barry have solid chemistry, but the Flash writers still tend to write the show as more of a family show than Arrow is, so they feel weird about writing make out scenes between their characters, and not just Barry and Iris. Or they just arent very good at that in general, because I feel that Grant and Candice do try to add more couple moments. Really, the only Flash couple that tends to get very...sexy is Cisco/Gypsy. But when you have a VERY long distance romance, I guess even they figure you have to do a lot with the time you have!

I just wish Joe hadn't felt the need to remind everyone at the rehearsal dinner about the fact that he's father of the bride and groom. ;)

I think they do have chemistry but yeah for whatever reason it's more cute than passionate. In their defence it is hard to have a memorable moment with both your dad still cloning on to Barry. Joe if you want grandkids give them some space. (Meanwhile Wally joins the Legends and nobody notices until next crossover).

Iris did show more sexiness with Eddie for some reason, possibly because they hadn't yet realised how many kids were watching yet? The Flash writers did the Speed force set piece in the trial episode well, where the focus is on iconic SFX "Best Couple Ever" moments whereas Olicity come at each other pelvis first on a random morning and give the impression that a quickie on the sofa would have happened if they hadn't been interupted. 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

but being friends IRL does translate on screen. 

Not necessarily. I remember watching an interview with Terri Hatcher during New Adventures of Lois and Clark--and she was very dismissive of Dean Cain--meaning, she said, yeah, he was her co-star, but he wasn't like her "best friend or anything."  Going back even further, there's Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist, who played Remington Steele and Laura Holt--I loved their chemistry; even when they were pulled back into the show after cancellation, because NBC suits were petulant assholes, tempers frayed, but I didn't see that affect their chemistry, though there are those that say those two "hated each other."

Or maybe, the examples I gave, the people involved were just better actors? 

It's been said before and I think over in the Flash forum, there was even an interview, I think, where the producers admitted that The Flash was a "more kid-friendly" show, hence, the lack of heat/passion/sex scenes being shown. But then we had Earth Two Barry and Iris. I think it's bullshit. I believe if directed, that Grant and Candice could bring it. And if Grant is uncomfortable due to his real life relationship, well then, he's in the wrong business.

• Love 2

RE: The Flash cast not hanging out.

I'm not sure that's accurate. There's IG pics of them have hanging out at birthdays and holidays and going to events together. They seem to get along well.

I honestly think it's the show and the actors not pushing the issue.

LOL this reminded me of that hella awkward LOT interview during SDCC. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Not necessarily. I remember watching an interview with Terri Hatcher during New Adventures of Lois and Clark--and she was very dismissive of Dean Cain--meaning, she said, yeah, he was her co-star, but he wasn't like her "best friend or anything."  Going back even further, there's Pierce Brosnan and Stephanie Zimbalist, who played Remington Steele and Laura Holt--I loved their chemistry; even when they were pulled back into the show after cancellation, because NBC suits were petulant assholes, tempers frayed, but I didn't see that affect their chemistry, though there are those that say those two "hated each other."

It's been said before and I think over in the Flash forum, there was even an interview, I think, where the producers admitted that The Flash was a "more kid-friendly" show, hence, the lack of heat/passion/sex scenes being shown. But then we had Earth Two Barry and Iris. I think it's bullshit. I believe if directed, that Grant and Candice could bring it. And if Grant is uncomfortable due to his real life relationship, well then, he's in the wrong business.

Better actors can definitely make a difference and do their job which is acting like they like or love the person despite what they think about them IRL. Most actors can't do that unless they actually like the person and if they don't it shows. As for the CW actors I think being friends does help their onscreen chemistry whether it's love or just their characters being friends. 

RE the Flash cast. I'll take your word for but the pics I saw on IG seemed to be on set or con or work related hang outs. And I don't really care that much since I don't watch the Flash anymore. I know that Caity and Candice hang out more because they live together. 

Edited by Sakura12

seeing all those Eddie/Iris, WestAllen and Olicity gifs in a row really solidifies why WA are as the most platonic/G Rated couple in the Arrowverse, they have no spark, no real chemistry. They don't have negative chemistry like Lauiver or EKara/EOliver but, they're just dull. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Chaser said:

LOL this reminded me of that hella awkward LOT interview during SDCC. 

Ouch, thanks for that secondhand cringe memory. I'll give the cast this, that awkwardness didn't really crossover to the show. That's some dedication to the team's camaraderie. 

Anyone can have an awkward interview whether it's from someone in the cast or the interviewer. I would never count an interview as a determination if the cast is close or not. I think I've seen every actor even the Oscar winning ones have an awkward interview or say something awkward during the interview. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ouch, thanks for that secondhand cringe memory. I'll give the cast this, that awkwardness didn't really crossover to the show. That's some dedication to the team's camaraderie. 

I don't think that interview reflects how the cast normally is together. It's just ironic to me that the cast to give the most uncomfortable interview ever is the one from LOT, the only ensemble show.

24 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

seeing all those Eddie/Iris, WestAllen and Olicity gifs in a row really solidifies why WA are as the most platonic/G Rated couple in the Arrowverse, they have no spark, no real chemistry. They don't have negative chemistry like Lauiver or EKara/EOliver but, they're just dull. 

No natural romantic chemistry. If you were to tell me they were good friends, yup. Lovers would get more of a huh? reaction. I think they need the writing to take them there. Other couples dont need that.

• Love 2

Oh, I agree, it was just that it was the whole cast, not just one person, that was being awkward in one interview at the same time. That's pretty weird. I don't think it proves anything, and I was just saying if they ever got into a same predicament on the show it never comes across.

I found out LOT is airing on a local station, so I'm watching the pilot, and I'm confused. Why are Marty and Jax operating in Pittsburgh in the beginning? 

Aw, one genuine team up with Oliver for Ray and a semi one when he joins the fight. This whole teaming up for heroing really is a wet dream for him. 

Carter is a complete ass. Shove your 'little lady' where the sun don't shine. 

• Love 1

I think Grant isn't a good kisser at all, with the exception of that couch make out scene he had with Candice all his kisses on the show are just awkward to me. I remember even that kiss with Patty looked cringe.

Candice and Eddie had passion because Rick gave Candice something to work with, Grant doesn't give Candice anything. I think the lack of passion is definitely on Grant and not the writing or Candice. 

• Love 3

How Much Longer Before the Arrow-verse Succumbs to Franchise Fatigue?
By johnnyjay | February 8, 2018
http://www.cancelledscifi.com/2018/02/08/how-much-longer-before-the-arrow-verse-succumbs-to-franchise-fatigue/

The CW’s Arrow-verse shows, which started off in 2012 with Arrow, currently dominate that network’s ten hours a week that it programs, but they are definitely in state of ratings decline. Arrow is in its third year of falling ratings, The Flash has slowed by 17% from last year, Supergirl is down by 24%, and Legends of Tomorrow is down by 14%. Black Lightning, which has not established a connection to the Arrow-verse yet, had a decent debut in January, but does not look like a savior of the superhero shows at this point.

All that said, none of these shows are in danger of getting cancelled or ending this season because The CW–aka the Happy Net–likes to renew shows, not cancel them. And their Arrow-verse entries (including the tangential Black Lightning) are still the best performers on the network along with mainstay Supernatural. So I expect that all five of the superhero shows will be back for the 2018-19 season, but I also believe that the declining ratings and franchise fatigue will bring changes to the Arrow-verse possibly as soon as next year. There are already strong indications of that by the direction the network is taking with upcoming development. It currently has quite a number of shows it is working on (you can see a rundown of those at this link), and none of those are superhero related. With only ten hours a week available for programming, the network has to do some shuffling to free up space for new shows. But which will be the first of the current superhero crop to go?

Arrow and The Flash currently have or will have by season end over 88 episodes (four full seasons for a broadcast net show) which is the number the syndication market prefers to see for an extended encore run. Supergirl will get to that mark by the end of next season, one of the reasons that one is a lock for renewal. Legends of Tomorrow is much further away (51 episodes by the end of this season) because it has had shorter episode orders, but that does not put it in danger of cancellation.
So among these four, I believe that the first to be impacted by impending changes will be Arrow. It is currently the lowest rated of the network’s superhero shows and it already has enough episodes for an extended syndication run (138 by season end). I would not be surprised if that show were to end up getting pushed to a later start next season, a move that has become common for The CW’s flagging franchises, and if it only receives a thirteen-episode order. It is also possible the network could also announce next season as its last, though with plans of rolling characters from Arrow into another show, most likely Legends of Tomorrow.
Most likely scenario (not taking actors’ contracts into account) is that Arrow has no more than two more seasons after this one and the same for Supergirl. Legends of Tomorrow could stick around longer to be used as a catch-all for characters whose shows have ended (or flip that with Arrow). And I believe that The Flash has several more seasons ahead of it (assuming The CW keeps its doors open that long) and could also pick up orphaned characters in regular or recurring roles. But the Arrow-verse is definitely not the powerhouse it once was and its network is certainly in the market for the next show or shows that could take over as its flagship series.

Edited by tv echo

I always hear the complaint of super hero fatigue when they are still being watched and making money. Thor and Wonder Woman made a lot of money, Black Panther looks to be in good shape to make money, people are hyped for Infinity War. Black Lightning is doing decent in the ratings. How does that translate into fatigue? They are getting better not worse. Most of the DC movies are the only ones that are struggling and that's on the writing and plot of those not the fact that they are super heroes. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 6

DC Comics Joins Forces With Young Adult Authors
By GEORGE GENE GUSTINES     FEB. 4, 2018
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/04/business/dc-comics-joins-forces-with-young-adult-authors.html

DC Entertainment, the home of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and a legion of other heroes, is planning two new graphic novel imprints aimed at younger readers. DC Zoom will feature stories for middle school readers, and DC Ink will focus on young adults. Books from the two divisions are scheduled to come out in the fall.

“We wanted to go back to what we used to have in comic books: story arcs for younger readers,” said Bobbie Chase, a vice president at DC and the executive editor for the new imprints.

Though a few of the graphic novels will have creators who are already working in the comic book industry, the majority of the writers are a Who’s Who of popular novelists for young readers. They include Laurie Halse Anderson (“Speak”), Melissa de la Cruz (the Descendants series), Michael Northrop (“TombQuest”) and Ridley Pearson (the Kingdom Keepers series).

“Any initiative that will create material for 7- to 15-year-olds, I’m all for,” said Chuck Rozanski, the president of Mile High Comics, which has three comic stores in and near Denver. “That’s our biggest growth area in the store.”
DC Ink will begin with two graphic novels: one featuring Harley Quinn, a supervillain from the Batman universe, written by Mariko Tamaki and drawn by Steve Pugh, and one with Mera, the regal, longtime love interest of Aquaman, written by Danielle Paige. (No artist has been announced for that project.) DC Zoom will make its debut with “DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis,” by Shea Fontana and Yancey Labat.

If that sounds like a lineup heavy on heroines, there is a reason.

“If you look at readership in middle grade and Y.A. in general, you’ll see a swing on the side of female readers,” said Michele Wells, the vice president for content strategy at DC.
While staple-bound comic books have traditionally appealed to an audience of male readers, graphic novels have a more diverse readership.
“They are character studies, not necessarily superhero stories,” Ms. Chase said.

The adventures meant for middle graders will delve into characters who are figuring out the world around them, including dealing with parents and teachers, she said. The young adult graphic novels will focus more on questions of personal identity, with budding heroes deciding what paths they will take.

Mr. Pearson, whose Kingdom Keepers series follows teenagers who are trying to keep villains from taking over a Disney theme park, has signed on to write a “Super Sons” graphic novel. It will feature Jonathan Kent and Damian Wayne, the sons of Clark Kent (Superman) and Bruce Wayne (Batman), who have appeared in various DC Comics.

Jonathan Kent, whose mother is Lois Lane, does not rely on his superstrength, Mr. Pearson said. “He’s also got a lot of Lois in him: He’s thoughtful, investigative and a reader,” he said. “He wishes he had his dad’s superpowers, but he’s at 50 or 60 percent. That’s fun to play with.”

In his stories, Mr. Pearson said, he will tackle climate change and introduce a character, Candice, who discovers that she belongs to an African dynasty.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

They need the writing to take them there because it's not coming through in the non-verbal.

For me, I don't need bedroom scenes or open- mouth kisses because Felicity approaching Oliver pelvis first is hellofa lot sexier and tells me more about their physical relationship than a sloppy open mouth kiss would. And it's nothing that can't be shown on a kid-friendly show but it tells the adults in the audience what's really going on. (Kind of like the jokes they would put into Sesame Street just for the adults so that they would watch with their kids.)

I know that Barry and Iris are having sex because the show tells me that they are. But that's the only reason.

2 hours ago, Featherhat said:

Meanwhile Wally joins the Legends and nobody notices until next crossover).

I was going to say, to be fair Joe raised Barry while he hadn't raised Wally but then I remmembered that Joe  had raised Iris too. Joe's massive preference of Barry is a never- ending annoyance  for me.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I saw an interview Dean Cain gave recently and he talked about chemistry. (I think it was posted in this thread within the last month but I could be mistaken) The interviewer tried to steer the conversation to that as a good actor, chemistry as that really important thing is a fiction, but Cain completely disagreed and went on to talk about how vital it was to making them work and there had always been a kind of attraction between he and Terri (even though from all accounts they never acted on it and weren't even particularly close or at times friendly.) and how they'd gotten lucky since they were never tested with each other ahead of time but somehow the casting people just knew they would work?  (That would be a handy talent to have).  

I get the impression there is the anti-chemistry where actors might just shut down around each other, the kind of chemistry where they come alive because they are having such a good time or are really comfortable,  and then there also is the kind of chemistry that comes through despite personal disagreements.  The thing where that friction is what actually amps up the scenes and maybe emboldens acting choices or lets the audience see the sizzle behind the screen. And yes, just really good actors as well might be able to rise above any negative chemistry.  

From what I've read, the two above examples have an exaggerated reputation for their conflicts.  Stuff I've heard suggests there was occasional friction, some professional, some personal like you'd have with anyone you'd spend that much time with (like David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson who went through some rough patches during the initial X-Files run but now seem to be the very best of friends)

I don't get any impression that GG and CP have strong negative feelings for each other but I also don't think they bring that special spark to their acting for each other.  But I also don't think that kind of spark is typical or common at all.  

I remember Michael Shanks going on and on about how the chemistry and working relationship he had with Claudia Black in the very late seasons of Stargate SG-1 basically revitalized his whole love for acting and I personally thought it showed all over my screen.  But at the same time all reports indicated he and the rest of his cast were best buds.  So it's all very undeterminable what exactly makes up that lightning in the bottle.   

• Love 3
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I  wonder if Grant's real life fairly recent engagement is affecting how physical he wants to get.

This just reminded me of that time somebody said they have reservations doing kissing/love scenes with married co-stars to explain away the lack of (or anti) chemistry. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

This just reminded me of that time somebody said they have reservations doing kissing/love scenes with married co-stars to explain away the lack of (or anti) chemistry. 

You mean Katie Cassidy. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was going to say, to be fair Joe raised Barry while he hadn't raised Wally but then I remmembered that Joe  had raised Iris too. Joe's massive preference of Barry is a never- ending annoyance  for me.

That makes me wonder what happened when Barry came to live with them, did Iris just get shoved aside because Joe got the son he always wanted? Even though Iris looks 10x more athletic than Barry and he probably could've tossed a football around with her over him. Was Iris stuck in the mother role for Barry and Joe, unless of course it was making decisions than Joe and Barry had final say. He didn't even discuss selling the house she grew up in with her, he only talked to Barry about it. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Can I beg these media guys to look at least once at Time Warner and CBS financial reports before discussing things like potential cancellations and syndication runs?  

To start with, every television studio is currently reporting a collapse in syndication revenue, even with the increase in digital broadcast stations such as MeTV and with stations like Ion picking up some shorter run TV shows. With the CW in particular, CBS noted that in 2017, current CW shows in syndication - that is, Arrow and Supernatural, the only CW shows in that category - earned more revenue from direct digital downloads than syndication*.  

To continue with, Time Warner has announced that they are aggressively developing tailored streaming channels - including this upcoming DC channel, which will be providing a selection of new and classic DC shows for subscribers.  Presumably, Flash will be an important part of that lineup - in fact, it would not be at all surprising to see DC pick up further seasons of Flash if the CW decides to drop it. 

Those are the sorts of financial factors these media guys should be considering when discussing renewal chances - not syndication. 

* That's probably slightly misleading since those CBS financials presumably don't include revenues from several past seasons of Supernatural, but it does indicate that Arrow is earning more revenue from streaming/digital purchases/international licensing than from syndication.

• Love 6