Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

Arrowverse: 18 Things That Make No Sense (But We Choose To Ignore)
Feb. 3, 2018  by Ian Cardona
https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-makes-no-sense/

18. GREEN ARROW’S MASK DOESN’T HIDE ANYTHING
17. THE FLASH ALWAYS NEEDS HELP TO DEFEAT HIS ENEMIES
16. THE LEGENDS ALWAYS SCREW EVERYTHING UP
15. SUPERMAN NEVER SHOWS UP (BUT HE COULD)
14. GREEN ARROW USED TO BE A MUCH BETTER FIGHTER
13. BARRY ALWAYS LETS HIS ADVERSARIES RUN AWAY
12. MARTIAN MANHUNTER IS ALWAYS KEPT ON THE SIDELINES
11. THE LEGENDS HAVE A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL IN THEIR RANKS
10. HOW DOES TEAM ARROW HAVE ANY MONEY LEFT?
9. HOW IS S.T.A.R. LABS STILL RUNNING?
8. SUPERGIRL’S COSTUME IS BULLETPROOF?
7. THE RULES OF TIME-TRAVEL ALWAYS CHANGE
6. WHERE DOES TEAM ARROW GET ALL OF THEIR GEAR?
5. TEAM FLASH IMPRISONS METAHUMANS
4. STAR CITY BELIEVES ROY WAS ARROW FOR 3 YEARS
3. CISCO CAN CREATE ANY SCIENTIFIC DEVICE IN A DAY
2. SUPERGIRL DOESN’T HIDE HER IDENTITY IN THE DEO
1. THE LEGENDS CALL THEMSELVES LEGENDS

16. Not all the time and, anyway, where would we be if they didn't screw up before fixing it?

11.  Barry's not a Legend.  Joking aside, all the heroes and villains of the Arrowverse are dangerous.  Better the Legends include ones like Mick who can turn that into something good.

1.  Damn straight.  They've earned it.

23 minutes ago, KirkB said:

Okay. YOU tell Mick to leave.  :)

Hee!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

They put out a calendar every year. This year's theme was shirtless Dig and Oliver playing with puppies. Dig's a little upset that Felicity keeps editing out his steamy, blue steel gaze, but they have to keep their identities hidden after all. They sell like hotcakes  

In all honesty, wouldn't you pay a boatload of money for the men of the Arrowverse to do a calendar like this?

• Love 5

It's interesting.  The average viewership for the last four episodes of Supergirl (2.1175) has been about 15% higher than the average viewership for the fall episodes (1.8378), not counting the crossover.  I wonder what's pulling viewers back? The League? Having Mon-El back? The Reign storyline?

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

It's interesting.  The average viewership for the last four episodes of Supergirl (2.1175) has been about 15% higher than the average viewership for the fall episodes (1.8378), not counting the crossover.  I wonder what's pulling viewers back? The League? Having Mon-El back? The Reign storyline?

Isn't it going on an extended break soon? Maybe that concerned some of fandom into thinking the show was in trouble and it got them to watch live? 

aTVfest: 5 things you missed at SCAD's annual celebration
SHIRLEY LI and SAMANTHA HIGHFILL February 05, 2018 AT 01:29 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/2018/02/05/atvfest-scad-2018-5-things-you-missed/

2. Spotlight on Zach Braff and Black Lightning
On Friday, Feb. 2, the Scrubs alum accepted the SCAD aTVfest Spotlight Award ahead of a screening of Alex, Inc., his upcoming series based on the podcast “StartUp,” in which he stars as a radio journalist who quits his job to start his own company. The next day, the cast of The CW’s latest superhero series — including Cress Williams, Christine Adams, Nafessa Williams, Damon Gupton, Marvin “Krondon” Jones III, China Anne McClain, and James Remar — took home the SCAD aTVfest Spotlight Cast Award ahead of a screening of the next episode of Black Lightning.
3.  TV’s wonder women, assemble!
And speaking of wonder women, EW also brought TV superheroes to the festival for a special panel on casting the CW’s Berlantiverse. Casting director David Rapaport and The Flash stars Danielle Panabaker and Kendrick Sampson gave audiences an inside look at the casting process, and two lucky attendees were invited to participate in a mock casting session.

20 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

It may have been mentioned on the show (I'm a couple weeks behind), but I didn't realize until reading this article that Whale, and the actor that plays him, is an African-American with albinism.

I dont think it has been mentioned on the show.  But you can tell from his features and also it was mentioned when he was cast http://tvline.com/2017/08/10/black-lightning-season-1-casts-tobias-whale-series-regular/

So, I went back to rewatch the first couple of seasons; then I did the crossover on Arrow's Season Three ("Brave and the Bold") and Flash's Season One ("Arrow v. Flash") and here's what I come away with:

Quentin loses his shit/mind over a dead daughter. Until Sara returned alive, he was going crazy over Sara, and everything was Sara, Sara, Sara, much to Laurel's dismay. And when she was killed and resurrected, but just rage, he still saw her as his Sara. Now, it's Laurel, Laurel, Laurel! Sure, Black Siren ISN'T Laurel, but I see the parallels. 

Another thing: I loved Barry the Scientist. All that time traveling dumbed him down. Yes, yes, I know I've reopened that keg by mentioning the TT. But he was ADORBS his first season.

And finally: Oliver, Diggle and Felicity don't NEED the NOOBS. I MISS ROY. It's too bad real life issues caused Colton to leave the show. But he was FUCKING MORE likeable, competent and was assimilated so seamlessly.

And someone on this show must have been fans of STARZ'S Spartacus. Because we had recast Spartacus, Katrina Law, Dude who played the Captain Boomerang, Manu Bennett, skinny Amanda Waller (who ironically was a recast and played Bennett's love/wife on Spartacus). I wonder why they didn't try to get Lucy Lawless!

• Love 7

I loved Roy - it's really too bad CH had to leave.

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Another thing: I loved Barry the Scientist. All that time traveling dumbed him down. Yes, yes, I know I've reopened that keg by mentioning the TT. But he was ADORBS his first season.

I loved the show the first season, right up until the season finale.  But, at least to me, it felt like the show never really recovered from that.  I've not regretted dropping it after the second season.  

• Love 3

This week on DC TV (the title of this video is misleading with respect to Arrow)...

#DCTV: Black Lightning’s Life in Danger, Supergirl Fights New Worldkiller, Team Arrow Reunites
Published on Feb 5, 2018, by DC

-- DC's Hector Navarro: "And later this week, on Thursday night, on an all new Arrow, Cayden James, played by Michael Emerson, who's one of my favorite actors of all time - I love Michael Emerson - learns a secret about the Green Arrow that pushes him over the edge, into launching an attack on Oliver Queen himself and everybody whom he holds dear. Oliver must decide, is he going to be able to do this alone, or does he need to call on the help of his old team mates? Meanwhile, William is asking for more of Oliver's time... And Oliver Queen, dealing with Cayden James, might have to contend with the fact that he is trying to reason with a man who can no longer be reasoned with. And that's happening on Arrow Thursday night."

Edited by tv echo

THERE ARE TOO MANY DC COMICS TV SHOWS
BY JESSE SCHEEDEN    5 FEB 2018
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/05/there-are-too-many-dc-comics-tv-shows

Following the Arrowverse alone has become a full-time commitment. Assuming you lump the Greg Berlanti-produced Black Lightning in with the other shows (despite the fact that, for now, it's not connected to the other shows' continuity), that's five hour-long DC series airing every single week. That's asking fans to devote a significant chunk of their weekly TV viewing habits to one superhero universe. And too often it feels like the Arrowverse has suffered from growing so massive in scale. Both The Flash and Arrow are trapped in what many would argue are their worst seasons to date. Of these shows, only Legends of Tomorrow has maintained a relatively consistent level of quality from year to year. At some point, you have to ask if the Arrowverse isn't guilty of prioritizing quantity over quality.
This dilemma is really becoming apparent with the recent announcement of Metropolis, another series exclusive to the DC streaming app. Metropolis is basically the Superman franchise's answer to Gotham, exploring Lois Lane and Lex Luthor's respective struggles in the city before the arrival of Superman. Why DC would even want to replicate the Gotham formula is unclear. Gotham may draw respectable ratings for Fox, but it's also been critically savaged in the past and mocked for its handling of many of Batman's iconic villains. Often, the show seems hellbent on cramming as many Batman elements as possible into a pre-Batman setting, and I fear Metropolis will suffer from that same lack of storytelling discipline. Not to mention that Gotham at least has its young version of Bruce Wayne to fall back on. Presumably, young Clark Kent won't be a part of Metropolis.

Even if Metropolis avoids the storytelling missteps of Gotham, it's still going to be a live-action Superman series struggling to co-exist alongside two other, completely unrelated Superman series - Supergirl and Krypton. Is there really that much demand for new Superman content? Not only will fans have three different Superman shows vying for their attention, all three are shows that will feature little to nothing of Superman himself. It's painful enough watching Supergirl constantly jump through hoops to justify keeping Superman off-screen and uninvolved in his cousin's adventures. At least viewers can still look forward to the occasional appearance by Tyler Hoechlin's Superman. Neither Krypton nor Metropolis can even rely on that much.
Another concern is that DC and WB have often taken a very heavy-handed approach when it comes to allowing multiple incarnations of the same character to exist in live-action form. There's a reason Smallville was never allowed to use iconic characters like Batman, Wonder Woman or Barry Allen's Flash. Arrow was forced to quietly kill off Amanda Waller and the Suicide Squad a couple seasons back. Now the series has been barred from using Deathstroke, in order to make way for the character's DC movie debut. Who's to say these same sorts of problems won't crop up for these Superman shows? Will Metropolis ensure that we never see Lois Lane and Lex Luthor on Supergirl? Will Brainiac become off limits for Supergirl and Metropolis once he appears on Krypton? It's all too easy to imagine a scenario where Superman's supporting cast becomes divided up among the three shows, to the inevitable detriment of all.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Networks Bet Big on Female-Driven Pilots, but How Many Will Make It to Series?
By Joe Otterson and Daniel Holloway   February 6, 2018
http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/networks-female-driven-pilots-1202687730/

Pilot season is in full swing, with networks having ordered dozens of trial episodes in recent weeks. Only a fraction of those shot will be picked up to series in time for upfront presentations. But a look at the pilots ordered through Feb. 2 indicates that when networks make their pitches to advertisers in May, many will be touting new programs that feature women in front of and behind the camera.

Of the 66 broadcast pilots ordered thus far, 27 hail from female writer-executive producers, and 32 have female lead or co-lead characters.
Multiple TV literary agents who spoke with Variety said that broadcast networks are taking steps to increase female representation this pilot season, particularly on dramas series and in the director’s chair. One agent noted that minority directors are also being sought.

The CW has the greatest female representation so far, with seven of nine pilots hailing from writer-exec producers who are women and eight of nine featuring female leads or co-leads. When network president Mark Pedowitz arrived in 2012, he made a point of courting long-absent male viewers with superhero action series such as “Arrow” and “Flash.” But the current crop of pilots reflects a recent push begun with soaps such as “Riverdale” and “Dynasty” to again bolster female viewership.
Schulman cautions that the proof of whether Time’s Up is impacting programming strategy will be revealed not in pilots ordered but in how many go to series.

“Maybe women will get a better-than-average number of at-bats in terms of pilots,” she said. “But what gets on the schedule is the endgame.”

Edited by tv echo

What are people's obsession with Superman being on Supergirl? The show is called Supergirl they don't need excuses for not having Superman show up. Even if they need that all they need to say is Superman is dealing with his own villains in Metropolis. 

• Love 5

And too often it feels like the Arrowverse has suffered from growing so massive in scale. Both The Flash and Arrow are trapped in what many would argue are their worst seasons to date. Of these shows, only Legends of Tomorrow has maintained a relatively consistent level of quality from year to year. At some point, you have to ask if the Arrowverse isn't guilty of prioritizing quantity over quality.

I wouldn't call either Flash or Arrow their worst seasons this year, and I'd even argue that this season of LoT isn't as strong as last season (still enjoyable, yes, but the villain work this season has kind of been sloppy so far imo and I guess I'm just feeling off from the kind of lackluster imo first two episodes of the season). Even if you say LoT retains its quality (which is weird to say "year to "year" since that includes the definitely not quality s1), it's kind of hypocritical to be all "there are too many shows!! But the show that very much depended on being a spinoff of the other shows is the best one, ok"

• Love 2

I'd consider this season's Flash being the worst, last season was dour, but not near as stupid as this season. I stopped watching Arrow after season 2 so I can't comment on that. I'd go with LoT getting better year to year. The villains this season on LoT are not as interesting but I've enjoyed more episodes this season than last season. 

• Love 2

20 Things You Never Knew About Making 'The Flash'—Straight from Candice Patton
The story behind Iris West's wedding dress is ?.

by CANDICE PATTON
FEB 6, 2018

http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a16636265/the-flash-facts-trivia-candice-patton

I was joking when I said in an earlier post that Iris can now only be referred to by her full married name, but it turns out to be true.

17. Iris is a married woman now. And in all of our scripts and daily call sheets, the character is now listed as "Iris West-Allen."

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

What are people's obsession with Superman being on Supergirl? The show is called Supergirl they don't need excuses for not having Superman show up. Even if they need that all they need to say is Superman is dealing with his own villains in Metropolis. 

Probably because Kara/Supergirl gets her ass whipped in practically every episode. And if he is fighting his own villains in Metropolis, then the writers should put in a line as to why he's not able to come and save his cousin's ass. I'm getting so sick and tired of these villains who are able to just wipe the floor with Kara. And Kara only ever wins in the season finale.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Well personally, it just throws me out of the show a bit to think that Superman's just sitting out all these world-ending crises, especially now that we've met him. "Eh, sorry, my calendar's full this week." And especially when Kara's been so publicly taken out of commission.  

They should have just gone with Superman disappearing for some reason before the show started.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Probably because Kara/Supergirl gets her ass whipped in practically every episode. And if he is fighting his own villains in Metropolis, then the writers should put in a line as to why he's not able to come and save his cousin's ass. I'm getting so sick and tired of these villains who are able to just wipe the floor with Kara. And Kara only ever wins in the season finale.

Making Kara weak has nothing to do with Superman not being there. That's on the writers of Supergirl. Plus if this was a Superman show we'd never hear where is Supergirl? how come she's not helping out her cousin? No one would even think about her because he's SuperMan. 

When I was watching Supergirl, I never cared about where Superman was, this was not his show. I know he's the big name but none of these other character will be able to stand out if they are always depending on major character to save them. I don't need them to tell me where he is either, Kara lives in National City, Clark lives in Metropolis, he has his own city to take care off and lets Kara deal with hers. If she fails that's on her just like if he fails it's on him. They don't need to be together all the time. They have the same powers they should be able to do things on their own. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Kara lives in National City, Clark lives in Metropolis, he has his own city to take care off and lets Kara deal with hers.

That's perfectly fine if they're dealing with stuff that just affects the city, but when they're dealing with massive world-affecting/destroying stuff, it's hard to understand why it's not all hands on deck. And when Kara gets taken out of commission, it'd be nice to have a mention that he'd at least checked on her/tried to help.

That's why I said that it'd be better if Superman wasn't even in the picture at all.  But once you do introduce the character, it's hard to just ignore that Kara isn't the only Kryptonian on the planet.

Plus if this was a Superman show we'd never hear where is Supergirl? how come she's not helping out her cousin? No one would even think about her because he's SuperMan. 

Actually, if Supergirl existed in a Superman show, I would absolutely wonder where she was and why she didn't show up to help out in massive world-ending crises, or if Clark got his ass kicked on national TV.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

For me there's the fairly reasonable "why isn't Clark here helping with Reign andthey should probably just mention he's off planet etc" and then there's the "next years crossover should have Superman in it, he should be the total star, recruit Batman, Green Arrow, Flash Elongated Man (WTF?) And Black Canary for Justice League and everyone else (including Kara) can have one line or not be there and on some boards that type of scenario gets suggested every week.

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I don't watch Supergirl anymore do they have massive world ending crises that don't just affect National City? Do they show the destruction in the other cities? 

Yes to the first, and no, of course not, to the second.

• Love 1

When there is a whole slew of Krytponians flying around, damn straight im going to question "where is Supes???" or any beings that are called World Killers that are able to beat Kara half to death. Like it was already stated, all the writers have to do is say "Superman is off world" or "Superman is missing" and bam! problem solved.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

When there is a whole slew of Krytponians flying around, damn straight im going to question "where is Supes???" or any beings that are called World Killers that are able to beat Kara half to death. Like it was already stated, all the writers have to do is say "Superman is off world" or "Superman is missing" and bam! problem solved.

All of this.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, tv echo said:

THERE ARE TOO MANY DC COMICS TV SHOWS

I find this to be a bit unfair. Really, with the exceptions of the crossovers and a few quick references, you can watch most of the shows independent of each other, and can follow things pretty easily by checking Wikipedia or something if something gets referenced. I also wouldn't call this the worst season of Arrow or Flash, not by a long shot. They are both very flawed (especially Arrow and its awful NTA gang) but not quite abysmal. LoT is weird in that the overall plot is less interesting than last season, but I like many of the individual episodes better. But I agree that LoT is the most consistently high quality of all the shows.  Critics were endlessly gushing about the Arrowverse during Crisis on Earth X for the most part (especially saying how it was better than the DCEU) but now, its too much? Crossovers like that couldn't happen without multiple shows and tons of super characters. 

As for the "why doesn't Superman show up?" question, yeah it is pretty ridiculous that Clark hasn't stopped by with the whole Reign thing, or they haven't just said he went off world or something, but its kind of just a part of the comic book genre. In comics, there are so many villains and threats popping up every other day, and so many heroes fighting them, and so many costumes and scientists and cops and magical creatures and aliens and all kinds of stuff running around, that people tend to stick to their area or their niche, unless its a BIG event or something. Its hard to have a superhero universe with some new world destroying villain showing up every Thursday and call in everyone to help. So, I just deal with that as being a necessary hole in the genre, especially one like the Arrowverse that hasn't been around for as long as the comics, or even the MCU. 

• Love 3

Not that many people question where is Barry or the Legends when something go down on Arrow. Why? Because we get to see where week to week lives and know that they are fighting their own fights. It's harder when you have a big established character like Supes who doesnt have his own show to go "well Superman is fighitng blahblahblah" this week so of course he isn't in Supergirl. But thats why you just make an off handed comment. 

As far as that DC article goes...there being to many DC shows isn't harming Flash/Arrow. Flash/Arrow are harming themselves by telling half-assed storylines. 

• Love 1

The problem is that they just couldn't resist  having Superman appear on Supergirl, and once you open that door, it stays open.  They don't even try to shut it by saying he's off world or something like that.

Did people say "there are too many CSI shows on air"?  Or too many Law & Order?  Last season with Chicago Justice there were five show linked but I don't remember people complaining other than when the shows were bad.  Gotham and Lucifer aren't even linked into the Arowverse. I don't think much of Jesse Schedeen's writing and this article hasn't made me change my opinion.

• Love 7

I don't get the whole "THERE ARE TOO MANY DC COMICS TV SHOWS" thing too. Like other comic companies can get their own shows too. No one is stopping them. 

Whenever people say, "there are too many comic book TV shows now days". My response has always been, "Yeah. So?" 

I mean there are too many procedural shows, reality shows, dating shows, and game shows but I don't complain. I keep it pushing. No one is forcing y'all to watched it too. Watch something else if you don't want to watch comic book shows. 

• Love 5

Probably because Kara/Supergirl gets her ass whipped in practically every episode. And if he is fighting his own villains in Metropolis, then the writers should put in a line as to why he's not able to come and save his cousin's ass. I'm getting so sick and tired of these villains who are able to just wipe the floor with Kara. And Kara only ever wins in the season finale

That's always been a problem with Supergirl, especially since season 2. She get's her butt kicked way too much, and often by villains that she should be able to easily beat. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, tv echo said:

#DCTV: Black Lightning’s Life in Danger, Supergirl Fights New Worldkiller, Team Arrow Reunites
Published on Feb 5, 2018, by DC

So weird that these videos stopped, and started up again with no explanation.

4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Wow. The Flash was terrible tonight.  It was just so bad. I have no words other than WTF

I weirdly went a different way and think it is one of my preferred episodes of the season.  I fully recognize all the cringeworthy stuff with Dibny and it was very cringeworthy and how lame a resolution they came up with to free Barry but I still can't help enjoying Katee Sackhoff's horrid accent and silly character and I loved seeing the Scottish doc from Stargate Atlantis (Ralph's friend) and I'm pretty sure Wolf was played by a guy that did a memorable episode of Firefly so that was fun and I really like Becky Sharp and enjoyed Barry using his brains to break out.  And Ralph morphing into other characters meant less Ralph to deal with.   

I had also thought the new Devoe was pretty, but an awful actor so I much prefer Becky playing Devoe (and since she's not dead, she might still be in there and thus might have a chance of being saved by the end of this thing too) At least the actress is animated and interesting to watch. (I'd prefer old Devoe most but that's not an option)  I'm also finding what's going on with Devoe's wife interesting.  

So yeah, the Flash kept me amused when I fully expected to hate it.  

• Love 2
On 2/4/2018 at 1:05 PM, tv echo said:

Arrowverse: 18 Things That Make No Sense (But We Choose To Ignore)
Feb. 3, 2018  by Ian Cardona
https://www.cbr.com/arrowverse-makes-no-sense/

16. THE LEGENDS ALWAYS SCREW EVERYTHING UP
    And they're proud of it!   "We take a chainsaw to histry!"

They also have a Black woman and a Muslim woman who are equal members of the team.  How many other shows can say that?

1. THE LEGENDS CALL THEMSELVES LEGENDS
    Not "heroes", but they certainly are legendary!

16 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Avengers Infinity War Super Bowl Trailer:

An "entire universe" -- made up of 80% white men, with 2 white women and assorted "things".  Nice diverse "universe" you have there!

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

An "entire universe" -- made up of 80% white men, with 2 white women and assorted "things".  Nice diverse "universe" you have there!

At least the Guardians have a green, a blue and one with antennas.  And a tree and a raccoon.  Not sure where that falls on the diversity scale but at least it's not totally white bread.    

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

I weirdly went a different way and think it is one of my preferred episodes of the season.  I fully recognize all the cringeworthy stuff with Dibny and it was very cringeworthy and how lame a resolution they came up with to free Barry but I still can't help enjoying Katee Sackhoff's horrid accent and silly character and I loved seeing the Scottish doc from Stargate Atlantis (Ralph's friend) and I'm pretty sure Wolf was played by a guy that did a memorable episode of Firefly so that was fun and I really like Becky Sharp and enjoyed Barry using his brains to break out.  And Ralph morphing into other characters meant less Ralph to deal with.   

I had also thought the new Devoe was pretty, but an awful actor so I much prefer Becky playing Devoe (and since she's not dead, she might still be in there and thus might have a chance of being saved by the end of this thing too) At least the actress is animated and interesting to watch. (I'd prefer old Devoe most but that's not an option)  I'm also finding what's going on with Devoe's wife interesting.  

So yeah, the Flash kept me amused when I fully expected to hate it.  

I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a comedic episode or a dramedy and neither was good IMO.  The entire prison break thing annoyed me to no end and I think Barry in prison was just stupid all along. I thought the resolution with Dibny pretending to be Devoe was absurd. n a city with meta humans who can become anyone shouldn't the judge have at least demanded some kind of DNA test from Devoe before releasing Barry so quickly?  

I should probably just stop watching the show because I haven't liked Barry for a long time. I don't really like the Flash's stories that much either. 

• Love 2
Just now, catrox14 said:

I had also thought the new Devoe was pretty, but an awful actor

I was also annoyed with how they wasted Kendrick. He was great on SPN. His character on SPN was really good and it showed Kendrick's range.  I hope this means he shows back up on SPN. IMO Devoe is a boring one note character and I thought Knderick was playing Devoe just as one note as the original actor so for me he nailed that part LOL.

• Love 1

Also, just because Devoe showed up alive after being stabbed, wouldn't Barry still be on the hook for attempted murder? Would he have to go back on trial? I'm not following how that all worked. I mean it's stupid and I shouldn't expect realistic legal things but someone needs to explain to me how the judge could just be like "OK BARRY IS FREE TO GO!".

What am I missing here? LOL

• Love 1

Wouldn't they have done an autopsy on DeVoe's dead body to determine cause and time of death? Does all that evidence disappear just because someone that looks like him shows up? How does the justice system on this show work??

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

At least the Guardians have a green, a blue and one with antennas.  And a tree and a raccoon.  Not sure where that falls on the diversity scale but at least it's not totally white bread.    

It might as well be.  Representation matters and how many green or blue people (or talking trees or raccoons) do you know?

8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

and I'm pretty sure Wolf was played by a guy that did a memorable episode of Firefly so that was fun

Since I never watched Firefly--wait, I did, but could not get into it, and don't recall seeing Richard Brooks (Wolf) in it. BUT for ME, he will always be the AWESOME ADA Paul Robinette from original recipe (first three seasons) Law & Order. But then Dickless Wolf turned him into POD!Paul when Brooks reprised his role and returned as a defense attorney. But that's a rant I've already vented about in the appropriate show thread.

5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Wouldn't they have done an autopsy on DeVoe's dead body to determine cause and time of death? Does all that evidence disappear just because someone that looks like him shows up? How does the justice system on this show work??

Why expect real life logic now? All the CW hero shows (can't speak for Black Lightening as they've yet to show courtroom procedures), SUCK at how lawyers work, how courts work, how the LAW is supposed to work.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

BUT for ME, he will always be the AWESOME ADA Paul Robinette from original recipe (first three seasons) Law & Order. But then Dickless Wolf turned him into POD!Paul when Brooks reprised his role and returned as a defense attorney. But that's a rant I've already vented about in the appropriate show thread.

Seriously. I hated what they did to Robinette on his return appearances. Very good actor though, sorry I missed him, had no idea he was on Flash last night.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Tv always takes liberties with whatever career they portray for the most part, even How To Get Away with Murder doesn't do accurate portrayals from what I've heard so I don't think it is just a CW thing but they just like to have their go-to careers for characters 

• Love 1