Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

Top 10 Favorite Moments in the ‘Crisis on Earth-X’ Crossover Trailer
BY JOE PELLICONE    November 21, 2017
http://fanfest.com/2017/11/21/top-10-favorite-moments-in-the-crisis-on-earth-x-crossover-trailer/

10 – “I got the girl”/ “I’m supposed to be the all-knowing mentor”:
9 – Team Arrow vs Evil Arrow:
8 – Oliver and Cisco Team Up:
7 – “There’s a 53rd Earth…”
6 – Everything Mick Ever Says Or Does:
5 – Killer Frost Heroic New Suit Up:
4 – Those Mirror Match Ups:
3 – Sara and Alex Hit It Off/ Kick It Up!:
2 – That Huge Roster!
1 – The Return Of Snart’s Snark!

• Love 2

CRISIS ON EARTH-X FULL TRAILER FEATURES NAZI SUPERGIRL, BIGGEST TEAM-UP EVER
Brian Silliman   November 20, 2017
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/crisis-on-earth-x-full-trailer-features-nazi-supergirl-biggest-team-up-ever

Epic doesn't even begin to describe how this looks. It looks to combine everyone's power sets, and seeing Oliver Queen jump through one of Cisco's breaches to fire an arrow? Yeah, this thing is going to be crazy fun. But, that merely scratches the surface.
As great as past crossover events have been, this one looks like the biggest yet. It's the first one where Kara is bringing her sister, all of the teams seem packed to the gills, Olicity is back to maximum fan-teasing strength, Mick Rory loves crab legs, and as if all of that wasn't enough, Russell Tovey (Being Human UK, Doctor Who, Sherlock) is guest-starring.

We couldn't spot Diggle anywhere, so here's hoping he's okay-- but also interesting is that the Earth X version of Flash is the Eobard Thawne Reverse Flash, with a Nazi Barry Allen nowhere in sight. Could this mean that the Earth X team started down their road to fascism after their Barry's death, the same way the Justice Lords did back in their animated epic? It's possible, but nothing is certain. This is only a trailer, and there are surely more surprises in store. 

Edited by tv echo

Arrowverse’s Supergirl Teases ‘Not So Nice’ Earth-X Doppelganger
November 20, 2017 by Meagan Damore
https://www.cbr.com/supergirl-doppelganger-arrowverse-crossover-crisis-on-earth-x/

Supergirl star Melissa Benoist has weighed in on the “massive,” “overwhelming” crossover between all four Arrowverse shows. In the upcoming event, Benoist will double up on her usual role, playing both the Girl of Steel and her evil Earth-X doppelganger. During a set visit, she discussed the gigantic scope of “Crisis on Earth-X” and teased the “fun challenge” of playing two characters in the same scene.

“I said to myself at the end of last year’s crossover, ‘There’s no way it could get bigger than this. How are they going to write something bigger than this?’ Well, they wrote something massive that was overwhelming to read, in an exciting way of course, but also at the same time like I had to brace myself,” she shared. “I think we all did. Everyone goes to Central City to Iris and Barry’s wedding, but of course it’s the comic book world so not every wedding goes as planned. You’ll have to see, it’s pretty crazy. They get some really evil visitors from Earth-X.”
She also weighed in on her other role in the crossover: Supergirl’s evil Earth-X doppelganger. “I did play two characters. I did wear a very different outfit. There’s still a cape and my face is covered and she’s not so nice,” she teased. “It was pretty challenging. I thought it was going to be — I’ve done here and there, I’ve had moments like that on this show with Bizarro and when Martian Manhunter takes over Kara’s body, but this was entirely different. This was not even Red Kryptonite-isque. This was way worse.”
Asked if it was difficult to fill this new role, she said, “Yeah, especially when we do motion control shots where I have to be in the scene with myself and it’s more tedious than a traditional split screen. And essentially, you’re memorizing a whole scene, every line, every bit of dialogue and I didn’t anticipate how hard the transition would be to go from lightness to darkness. A fun challenge.”

Edited by tv echo

‘Harley Quinn’: DC Digital Service Orders Animated Series About Comic Book Villainess From ‘Powerless’ Trio
by Nellie Andreeva • November 20, 2017
http://deadline.com/2017/11/harley-quinn-dc-digital-service-orders-animated-action-comedy-series-justin-halpern-patrick-schumacker-1202212632/ 

'Harley Quinn' Animated Series Set for DC Digital Service
NOVEMBER 20, 2017 4:47pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/harley-quinn-animated-series-set-dc-digital-service-1060572

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, tv echo said:

http://fanfest.com/2017/11/21/top-10-favorite-moments-in-the-crisis-on-earth-x-crossover-trailer/

2 – That Huge Roster!

The bolded is pretty much the reason I'm into the Arrowverse in the first place.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Oreo2234 said:

IIRC the demos also went up a bit last week too. 

And it should be noted that the ratings were even higher than that before Mon-el started getting a lot of screentime last year (though he isn't necessarily a cause of that loss).

Yeah, from what I remember SG had a really huge dropoff after the first two episodes, which to me looked like those probably had mostly high ratings because people were curious and wanted to check out Superman. Kind of like a second premiere. SG also had a huge drop after the hiatus which means that actually a lot of highly fan reviewed episodes that had little Mon-El (like the James, Lena and Alex episodes) had poor ratings. But I wouldn't attribute that to them either. I think ratings are a complicated beast and it's oversimplifying it to attribute rating changes to just one character or storyline. Like I mentioned, I think things like increased promotion (like there is for the crossover or like there was for the premiere) likely has a much larger effect than people anticipate. People here noted that the CW seemed to do a big push for promoting Riverdale and the ratings are much better this season. 

I'm very curious where Legends of Tomorrow will move when Black Lightning takes its spot when it premieres. I still hope they will finally put Valor out of its misery or at least ban it to a deadend slot and pair Legends with Supergirl. 

I was very happy to read some positive feedback on Black Lightning. 

Not sure I've seen this poster here yet: 

3 minutes ago, tofutan said:

I'm very curious where Legends of Tomorrow will move when Black Lightning takes its spot when it premieres. I still hope they will finally put Valor out of its misery or at least ban it to a deadend slot and pair Legends with Supergirl. 

Valor was all but cancelled. They only have 13 episodes this season so LoT is all but confirmed to take their place.

• Love 1

Yeah Valor's dead.  They're burning off the remaining episodes in January.  

I don't know.  I'd like to think that they wouldn't stick it on Fridays, but they have Life Sentence as well, and they might want to put that after Supergirl.

Then again, I'm not as convinced as others that Dynasty will stay where it is.  It keeps sinking, and if it starts pulling 0.1s, I can't see it keeping that Wednesday slot.

3 hours ago, tv echo said:

2 – That Huge Roster!

I adore the scene at the wedding when they both instinctively add a high slit to their dresses to better kick ass.

• Love 5

I really don't know why they abandoned Friday night comedy.   it was not a rating master,  but i thought it worked.   If I wasn't clubbing I was definitely watching Reba. 

Also,  the Runaways, just finished the pilot. Pretty good and a million times better than the Inhumans.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

CW has different expectations for Fridays then they do other nights but if it can stay above 1 million views and like .2/.3 it could survive there for awhile. Smallville/Supernatural managed to make it a decent night.

I don't know.  Every channel has different expectations for Friday night; CW's not alone in that.  But everyone's always talking about how expensive Legends is. I just don't see it. *shrug*

14 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I adore the scene at the wedding when they both instinctively add a high slit to their dresses to better kick ass.

Did you see the scene in the trailer where it looks like Barry walks behind them at the reception and it looks like they're doing shots?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Delphi said:

Also,  the Runaways, just finished the pilot. Pretty good and a million times better than the Inhumans.

I'm about halfway through The Runaways, and I'm very happy so far. The first run is one of my favorite comic series ever so I'm glad the adaptation has been done well. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm about halfway through The Runaways, and I'm very happy so far. The first run is one of my favorite comic series ever so I'm glad the adaptation has been done well. 

oh good,  I was looking forward to being disappointed halfway through. 

James Marsters is not aging great,  one point to David B.

I was always a big fan of the Runaways comic, so I was really excited that this was finally rescued from development Hell. I liked the pilot episode. They made some changes, but the spirit seems the same, and I am very interested to see where it goes next. 

For 55, I think James is looking quite good :) 

15 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Only on Legends can Issac Newton knock a Grodd controlled Sara out. 

Haven't watched tonight (yet!) but I love that reading this didn't even phase me.  That's just who Legends is, lol.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I feel like even if I didn’t know the crossover spoilers and that VG is leaving, I’d still think LoT was about to kill off Stein. The foreshadowing is EVERYWHERE. 

I know, I swear every other sentence out of Stein's mouth involved death. 

Legends ratings will probably be fine but if they aren't I'll blame that they mentioned Sara out of commission in the episode description. Instead of the more likely that people were either already traveling or going to bed early to be ready to travel today. 

• Love 1

Looking at the HH number it seems yesterday was more difficult for Flash.

8:00 p.m.
ABC – “The Middle”: 3.9/ 7 (#3)
CBS – “NCIS”: 7.9/13 (#1)
NBC – “The Voice”: 5.7/10 (#2)
Fox – “Lethal Weapon”: 2.8/ 5 (#4)
CW – “The Flash”: 1.6/ 3 (#5)

8:30 p.m.
ABC – “Fresh Off the Boat”: 2.8/ 5 (#3)
CBS – “NCIS”: 8.1/13 (#1)
NBC – “The Voice”: 6.0/10 (#2)
Fox – “Lethal Weapon”: 2.7/ 4 (#4)
CW – “The Flash”: 1.6/ 3 (#5)

9:00 p.m.
ABC – “Dancing With the Stars” (fall season finale): 6.1/10 (#2)
CBS – “Bull”: 5.8/ 9 (#3)
NBC – “This Is Us”: 6.3/10 (#1)
Fox – “The Mick”: 1.5/ 3 (#4)
CW – “D.C.’s Legends of Tomorrow”: 1.1/ 2 (#5)

9:30 p.m.
ABC – “Dancing With the Stars” (fall season finale): 6.1/10 (#1)
CBS – “Bull”: 5.7/ 9 (#3)
NBC – “This Is Us”: 6.0/10 (#2)
Fox – “Brooklyn Nine-Nine”: 1.2/ 2 (#4)
CW – “D.C.’s Legends of Tomorrow”: 1.0/ 2 (#5)

http://programminginsider.com/tuesday-overnights-dancing-stars-fall-season-ender-leads-abc-victory/

Last week the Flash got a 2.0/1.8 in HH. Their lowest HH number this season is a 1.5 during Halloween/World Series

• Love 1

I found last nights Flash to be so boring which makes it only slightly better than the 12 year old boy humor of the previous episodes. And once again a new male character gets more development about their powers than Caitlin. Are we just supposed to ignore the inconsistencies with Killer Frost because who wants to see anything about a female character on the Flash. It's all about the men on that show. Iris is basically a leader in name in only otherwise her entire plot for so far has been about her wedding to Barry. Everyone was also hit with the stupid stick so we can think the villain is smarter than them. 

I know Legends is stupid as well but they at least make it fun while also treating ALL of their characters with respect.  Everyone has a part to play, everyone gets character development and it's enjoyable to watch, which allows me to forgive some of the stupid mistakes they make along the way. Flash is a like a No Girls Allowed clubhouse, where girls are only allowed in the clubhouse to give pep talks to the men and have G-rated sexy times. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 5

FYI: I've posted my summary of "Crisis on Earth-X" crossover spoilers in the Arrow S6 Spoiler Archive thread here. It will be updated with any new spoilers that come out before the crossover airs.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

The history of television is littered with instances of what might’ve been, with projects and episodes that never made it to the screen for one reason or another. And the beloved Batman: The Animated Series is no exception.

While discussing his latest project, the Kickstarter-funded graphic novel Boo & Hiss, with CBR, Emmy Award-winning writer and producer Paul Dini confirmed that Fox rejected a pitch for an episode starring Black Canary and Catwoman because it didn’t give Robin enough prominence.

“Yeah, the Black Canary/Catwoman episode was a casualty,” he said. “They wanted more Robin in the series, and each time we wanted to drop him from a story, we had to fight for it. Not that we had anything against Robin, we just wanted to stretch now and then and do solo Batman stories or episodes that focused mainly on Gordon or the villains. After the experimentation of the first season, the network felt we might be leaving the boys behind, so we got the edict, add more 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ladylaw99 said:

Watched the first season of Legends because I love Sara.  Hated the hawks and what's his face.  I hope season 2 is alot better.  I will miss Snart.  Ok off to binge season 2.

It is!  Once you get past the first couple episodes it really takes off.

• Love 3

The Flash Mega Buzz: A WestAllen Wedding Guest May Hint at the Future
By Lindsay MacDonald | Nov 22, 2017 9:58 AM EST
http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-flash-spoilers-cw-crossover-westallen-wedding-guest/

What you might not know is that this wedding has another very mysterious guest whose intentions seem far less deadly than the other crashers. Keep your eye out for an adorably awkward caterer who approaches Barry to help calm any pre-wedding jitters, because this girl seems way too jazzed to be watching Iris (Candice Patton) and Barry (Grant Gustin) take their vows.

We've got our theories about who she is — not to mention what her connection to Barry and Iris could be — but we'll keep them to ourselves for now. The fact that she's played by Jessica Parker Kennedy (The Secret Circle) should give you a hint though.

Edited by tv echo

Grant Gustin Has A Few Wedding-Day Jitters for The Flash
By Kevin Yeoman  November 22, 2017
https://screenrant.com/grant-gustin-the-flash-crisis-on-earth-x-wedding-barry-iris/

Big weddings are familiar devices for TV shows to create some drama and get a ratings boost in the process. For the Arrowverse, though, it’s also guaranteed to bring some bad stuff down on Team Flash, Team Arrow, Supergirl, and the Legends of Tomorrow, which, as it turns out, will come in the form of some Nazi doppelgangers intent on invading Earth. That’s about as far from the attraction of a TV wedding as you can get, which is something Gustin is entirely aware of, describing his characters’ pending nuptials by saying, “It’s a comic book wedding. It’s classic, it’s beautiful, but obviously things aren’t going to be perfect. Something is going to happen.”

Gustin made the comments during a recent set visit to The Flash that Screen Rant participated in, and he was eager to talk about Barry and Iris’s wedding and its placement in the Crisis on Earth-X crossover:
“We’ve been leading up to this wedding for a long time and I think it’s kind of in some ways fitting that it’s part of the crossover because it’s also a little strange that we’ve been leading up to this wedding and it’s not even on The Flash; it’s technically on a different show. So I’m interested to see how some viewers feel about that, but it’s also how it goes. This show started on Arrow and we consistently have had these crossovers and we bring so many characters together for this wedding. It’s kind of fitting that it happens somewhere else. I’m excited for everyone to see it.”

Edited by tv echo
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Joes future child? The half-sister of Barry and Iris? 

That actually makes sense but, given the actress (Hello Black Sails!) she's probably Barry/Iris's kid.

Edited by Morrigan2575
15 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Joes future child? The half-sister of Barry and Iris? 

Can you imagine them introducing themselves to people when they babysit. Barry: "This is my wife Iris and our half-sister" 

However I'm guessing it's Dawn Allen part of the Tornado twins since we had crazy Barry mention needing more diapers. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

Red Tornado, More Join Arrowverse’s Crisis on Earth-X Crossover
November 21, 2017  by Justin Carter
https://www.cbr.com/red-tornado-more-join-arrowverses-crisis-on-earth-x-crossover/

In the new poster for “Crisis on Earth-X,” this year’s big Arrowverse crossover, Red Tornado and Metallo join the villains’ nefarious lineup. Metallo and Tornado previously appeared in the Arrowverse as villains on Supergirl, both having been defeated by the Girl of Steel in her own world. Red Tornado and Metallo are joined by Overgirl, Reverse Flash, Prometheus and an evil Green Arrow in the poster.

RED TORNADO AND METALLO JOIN THE VILLAINS OF CRISIS ON EARTH-X IN NEW POSTER
Nathalie Caron   November 22, 2017
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/red-tornado-and-metallo-join-the-villains-of-crisis-on-earth-x-in-new-poster

We’re less than a week away from the epic Arrowverse “Crisis on Earth-X” crossover event and The CW has unleashed a new poster pitting our heroes against the supervillains of Earth-X.

The two-night extravaganza reunites most of our heroes for the wedding of Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) and Iris West (Candice Patton) when the nuptials are interrupted by the arrival of Nazis and a slew of baddies from Earth-X, a world where the Nazis rule after winning World War II. The poster comes sizzling hot on the heels of the extended trailer and reveals that alt-universe versions of Red Tornado and Metallo will join the villainous team.

New ‘Crisis on Earth-X’ Poster Teases More Villains
Alyssa Tieman  November 21, 2017
http://fanfest.com/2017/11/21/new-crisis-on-earth-x-poster-teases-more-villains/

Metallo is a well-known Superman foe and made an appearance in Season 2 of Supergirl. The fact that he is fighting alongside evil Supergirl might mean that she doesn’t have a weakness around Kryptonite. Which would be very bad.

Red Tornado’s (or he may be called the Human Bomb) inclusion is a bit interesting because he shows up on the hero’s side in the trailer for the animated series that is to spin off of the crossover, Freedom Fighters: The Ray. Somewhere down the line, Red Tornado’s allegiance is going to switch sides. There are a whole bunch of techies from Team Arrowverse traveling to Earth-X, so it should be easy for them to change his programming.

crisis-on-earth-x-poster.jpg?itok=qWFcLO

Edited by tv echo

The Flash Will Bring a Little Comedy to Crisis on Earth-X
By Kevin Yeoman  November 21, 2017
https://screenrant.com/the-flash-grant-gustin-comedy-to-crisis-on-earth-x-crossover/

... And now, as the heroes of the Arrowverse gather to tackle their evil doppelgangers in Crisis on Earth-X, it sounds as though The Flash will keep a smile on its face while doing the good work of punching some Nazis.

Barry Allen himself, Grant Gustin, said as much during a recent set visit to The Flash that Screen Rant participated in, reassuring everyone that Crisis won’t alter the show’s renewed outlook. He also reiterated what everyone has been saying – that the crossover this year is indeed “bigger than ever.” Gustin said:
“[The crossover is] bigger than ever. I think we knew it was going to be bigger than ever, too, but nothing — every year it’s like you can’t really prepare yourself. You think you’re preparing yourself knowing like ‘Okay, the crossover is coming’, but it’s a big thing. It’s a really challenging feat, but I think this year — every year we kind of top it. And I think again, we kind of top it. I mean there’re more people than ever included and some of the biggest sequences you’ll see with the most superheroes we’ve ever seen together at any given time. But we kind of stick, also — at least on The Flash side of things — we stick with the comedy we’ve had all year. That still exists within the crossover. Barry and Kara have a few interactions that are kind of fun, classic Barry-Kara interactions. I meet a couple new characters. I mean it’s just bigger than ever before.”

Edited by tv echo