Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I suppose it's possible, if just to show how different things are on EX, but if so I doubt they'll spend much time on it in an already crowded crossover. 

I hope Oliver and Kara have good scenes, it was frustrating last year that he ordered their biggest chance at defence to stand down because he was freaked out about aliens. Dumbass. I also expect the obligatory "Felicity and Kara look alike" especially wearing similar dresses. 

• Love 1

Could happen but they are villains but it is weird they'd write a love story for villains that will never appear after the crossover.

It just seems like a weird thing to spend lots of time on when they have Olicity or WA.

They could have them be a couple but I'm just super curious as to who the dark love story belongs to. 

I'm pretty sure it's nazi!Oliver being in love with jewish!Felicity. The question is who killed E-X-Felicity? If we assume that the grave is real. Again if it's Overgirl killing E-X-Felicity because she's jealous or nazi!Oliver himself killing her... there's not enough brain bleach in the world. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

SA is being really trollish with the the images he posts from the crossover. I am expecting a seriousl switcheroo! 

ooh what do you mean by that?

I am not very familiar with SA so I have no idea why he keeps posting the confused emoji for all the pics! 

Just now, Mellowyellow said:

ooh what do you mean by that?

I am not very familiar with SA so I have no idea why he keeps posting the confused emoji for all the pics! 

At least on twitter the last images he posted were of Oliver as the villain in nazi clothes. On instagram he posted the heroes in their suits pic.

2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

The first one is definitely trolling, but why do you think this one from the Waverider is as well? The heroes always work together on the crossovers and they will in this one as well.

No i think the trolling is happening on twitter. But he posted the heroes on facebook/instagram.

• Love 1

OMG they really are lined up in a straight freaking line for that street brawl. The stupidity, I hate shit like that, takes me right out if the scene.

Sounds like Prometheus-X might be the "Big Bad" for the Crossover. Seems like he's the one giving the speech about all you love dying.

Citizen Cold has go be undercover in that scene.

• Love 4

I hate to say it, if you only watch one or two shows and DC comics says 2 night event how are you supposed to know all four shows are in the crossover unless DC says they are? That commercial really didn’t say so, they just showed some characters from all the shows. They could just be showing up for the Supergirl show.  They should say the nights the four shows are on. To be honest I wouldn’t know if I weren’t on this board. I usually don’t watch the commercials that deal with the shows unless they are immediately after a scene. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, BunsenBurner said:

I hate to say it, if you only watch one or two shows and DC comics says 2 night event how are you supposed to know all four shows are in the crossover unless DC says they are? That commercial really didn’t say so, they just showed some characters from all the shows. They could just be showing up for the Supergirl show.  They should say the nights the four shows are on. To be honest I wouldn’t know if I weren’t on this board. I usually don’t watch the commercials that deal with the shows unless they are immediately after a scene. 

Well since we've been told this is a 4 hour mini series not just a crossover, I don't think they care about that, you wouldn't recognise each show as anything like a show centric story so they aren't advertising it as 4 episodes, they're telling you when it starts and that it's 2 hours over 2 nights.

Last year Flash and Arrow were more centric to their casts (esp Arrow's 100th) and obviously Supergirl's ep was barely a part of the crossover. This year Barry and Iris's wedding starts on Supergirl and the bunfight of a finale will all the characters will be on what is technically a LOT episode but won't be recognisable as such. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2
  • Love 4

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Good Doctor, Roseanne, Chicago Fire, Supernatural, Walking Dead, The Flash and More
By Michael Ausiello / November 17 2017, 1:33 PM PST
http://tvline.com/2017/11/17/the-good-doctor-season-1-spoilers-fired-leaving/

Question: Any good Felicity and Diggle scenes coming up on Arrow? —Ryan
Ausiello
: How about Felicity, Diggle and Oliver scenes? David Ramsey hints that the OTA relationship becomes “a big story point,” while Stephen Amell says that “in an upcoming episode we discover that there’s a fracture” within the superhero group, which “threatens to split Team Arrow down the middle — [between] the original members and the newbies.”

Question: Will Iris ever be able to use her degree on The Flash? —SSH
Ausiello
: Bigger mystery: Does Iris even still work at Central City Picture News? “It’s a great question that I don’t think I even know how to answer,” Candice Patton admits. “In my mind, I will always say, ‘Yes.’ I love Iris as a reporter. I will always hold out hope that we’ll see a future version of that on the show. That’s innately who I think that character is. I like to think that right now, she’s helping out Team Flash in a way that[‘s necessary] and, eventually, she’ll get back to reporting about all the stuff going on in Central City.”
Question: Any info on James’ new love interest on Supergirl? —Saranda
Ausiello
: It sounds like James will be mixing B with P now that Lena Luthor is joining CatCo as his new boss. “You’ve got this sort of antagonism between the two of us [because] we’re still not quite sure of what our professional roles are,” Katie McGrath says. “And then layered in on top of that, obviously, is the added fun of our professional roles getting a little bit shady because of personal feelings. So I think as the season goes on, that is going to come more into the forefront.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

My guess is that they will remind us that "CRISIS ON EARTH-X CONTINUES ON ARROW TONIGHT" and "CRISIS ON EARTH-X CONTINUES NOW ON ARROW!" the first night - even the incompetent CW promo is not that incompetent. Incompetent, yes, but not that much. If they're really smart they'll just have Supergirl flow into Arrow without a commercial break of any kind or any "previously on Arrow/Supergirl" stuff - that can be added to the DVD/syndicated episodes later or just left out entirely - but "really smart" is not a phrase I frequently associate with these shows, so....well, I guess we'll see.

Back to the promo stills - wow, I really love Iris' wedding dress. She looks spectacular. And I really hate those bridesmaid dresses. I can already see that the silver lining of this invasion is that it will force Felicity and Caitlin into better clothing.

And on a more general note: one of the Arrowverse cast members - I forget just one - noted that the logistics for these huge crossover episodes were going to need some tinkering/rethinking, and based on this week's episodes and the fan response to these episodes, I have to agree. Not so much because of the crossover episodes, but because of what this means for the surrounding episodes. 

Supergirl, Flash and Arrow all visibly went with focus on other characters (or in the case of Supergirl, younger versions of said characters) to allow their leads/crossover characters to rest up before the crossover episodes/film the crossover episodes. Legends of Tomorrow put Sara into a coma, presumably because at this point, there's just no way that any viewer would believe that Sara Lance is dead (again), though, frankly, I kinda feel that the same point (getting her off Legends of Tomorrow for a bit) could have been made with a "I think, after this, I need to go see my father for Thanksgiving" reference - but then I suppose people would have have assumed she'd be showing up on Arrow.

Anyway, my point is that the focus on these other/younger characters created relatively weak episodes for three of the four shows. I liked the Supergirl episode, as far as that went, but it not only retconned some past statements, it also created some timeline difficulties. Even leaving aside the offensiveness, Flash had one of its worst episodes ever, and Arrow's Deathstroke episodes were ultimately pointless apart from ending the mostly pointless Diggle Has a Drug Problem storyline and introducing the Dinah Is Keeping a Secret storyline.

And part of this is because the main characters (or actors, in Supergirl's case) had to be sidelined. I can understand, from a production perspective, why Flash and Arrow seized these opportunities to push a new character who can possibly sell toys at us and a possible soft test for a Deathstroke show/promo for an upcoming Deathstroke appearance in a Batman movie, but next year, I'd rather have all four shows focus on their shows and main characters, instead of "CROSSOVERS FIRST."  I mean, I love the crossover episodes, but I'm going to love them at lot less if I have to continue to suffer through lower quality surrounding episodes to get them.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, quarks said:

My guess is that they will remind us that "CRISIS ON EARTH-X CONTINUES ON ARROW TONIGHT" and "CRISIS ON EARTH-X CONTINUES NOW ON ARROW!" the first night - even the incompetent CW promo is not that incompetent. Incompetent, yes, but not that much. If they're really smart they'll just have Supergirl flow into Arrow without a commercial break of any kind or any "previously on Arrow/Supergirl" stuff - that can be added to the DVD/syndicated episodes later or just left out entirely - but "really smart" is not a phrase I frequently associate with these shows, so....well, I guess we'll see.

If I am just watching one or two shows though I will not have set my DVR to record the other shows. This is why they need to do a better job. I really wonder how DC manages to make anything work. Their advertising completely sucks for television.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BunsenBurner said:

If I am just watching one or two shows though I will not have set my DVR to record the other shows. This is why they need to do a better job. I really wonder how DC manages to make anything work. Their advertising completely sucks for television.

Well they're going to tell people next week, which is the episode before the Crossover event. Plus all 4 episodes air over 2 nights. I think most people will be smart enough to realize that and watch.

Same shit happened to me last night I didn't realize OUAT was 2 hours, was already to switch to another channel saw a quick commercial at 8:58 saying the 2 hour OUAT continues next and I stayed to watch.

• Love 2

I thought it was interesting to see which 8 pics this TV Guide article focused on (out of the 98 crossover pics released by The CW)...

Arrowverse Crossover Photos: The Most Important Things We've Learned
By Megan Vick | Nov 17, 2017 7:28 PM EST
http://www.tvguide.com/news/arrowverse-crossover-photos/

3. Trouble in Stars Lab!
Fun fact: Team meetings in the metahuman prison of Star Labs never lead to good news! By the looks on everyone's faces in this photo, the problem is very serious and probably involves someone we've seen locked up before. That should be fun. On the bright side, Felicity is rocking Oliver's tuxedo jacket and it is very, very, cute.
6. Because Reverse Flash Has Felicity!
PUT THE SCISSOR HAND DOWN, WELLS!! Just seeing the hand in position, even without the wobble effect, is stressing us out. He's not going to shred Felicity's heart, right? They can't do that!
7. "Ollicity" Is Fine, Thank Goodness
Okay, that is a huge relief. This is exactly where Felicity belongs and we can all breathe easy that everyone is alright.

1. A WestAllen wedding!
2. Alex and Sara Kick Some Butt
3. Trouble in Stars Lab!
4. Evil Dopplegangers
5. The Ray Comes to Help!
6. Because Reverse Flash Has Felicity!
7. "Ollicity" Is Fine, Thank Goodness
8. Group Shot!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, quarks said:

Back to the promo stills - wow, I really love Iris' wedding dress. She looks spectacular. And I really hate those bridesmaid dresses. I can already see that the silver lining of this invasion is that it will force Felicity and Caitlin into better clothing.

Yes, Iris looks absolutely gorgeous. But who chooses red and yellow floral arrangements and then puts their bridesmaids in pink dresses? Especially those pink dresses. I'm baffled by this costuming choice.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

Yes, Iris looks absolutely gorgeous. But who chooses red and yellow floral arrangements and then puts their bridesmaids in pink dresses? Especially those pink dresses. I'm baffled by this costuming choice.

Agree. I think the ladies dresses should have been red. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Does Barry not have an evil version* in the crossover? Is it just Reverse Flash? Because Evil Flash in The Ray actually was Barry. 

*is his regular self enough of a villain?

jkjk

no I'm not

I think the visually of seeing Barry wearing a Nazis uniform wouldn't look so great standing next to a Barry who is about to marry a Black woman. They already using an interracial wedding to introduce these Nazis, so I think even these writers were smart enough to know that might be enough bad visually without adding a version of Nazis Barry in the mix. 

ETA: They already had a version of Barry who wanted to destroy Barry and kill Iris just last season. So they might think it would be redundant for them to do that again for this cross-over.

Edited by SevenStars
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

I think the visually of seeing Barry wearing a Nazis uniform wouldn't look so great standing next to a Barry who is about to marry a Black woman. They already using an interracial wedding to introduce these Nazis, so I think even these writers were smart enough to know that might be enough bad visually without adding a version of Nazis Barry in the mix. 

Maybe. If they thought of that, I wish they'd considered not having a Nazi Oliver, since he's about to marry a Jewish woman.

• Love 8

Looks like Justice League isn't doing very well, at least comparatively:

‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened

Saturday Writethru of 2ND UPDATE, Friday night: Justice League's Friday, coming off a solid $13 million Thursday, is landing at the high end of its midday estimate with $38.8M, however, Warner Bros./DC’s superhero ensemble is falling well short of $100M with an industry estimate of $96M over three-days, quite far from tracking’s $110M-$120M projection.

How dismal is this?

This event movie at a reported estimated production cost of $300M was ten years in the making, and was intended to be the pinnacle for the Warner Bros./DC universe introducing new characters such as The Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman who could hold their own franchise weight with their own solo outings down the road. But an opening that’s 44% lower than Batman v. Superman's $166M opening? Ouch.

20 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe. If they thought of that, I wish they'd considered not having a Nazi Oliver, since he's about to marry a Jewish woman.

Visually most people wouldn't see/expect Felicity is Jewish ,so that might be the reason this logic escape them. 

2 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

Visually most people wouldn't see/expect Felicity is Jewish ,so that might be the reason this logic escape them. 

Well, if that leaked grave pic is real, they're letting them know with a giant Star of David on her coffin. But they did put her in a gas chamber during Hannukah a couple years ago, so they're really dumb. I'm surprised anyone would've thought of the optics of Barry and Iris level dumb. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They burned a lot of bridges with BvS.  

Apparently.

I didn't enjoy BvS (except for the WW parts), but I never expected JL to take such a hit.

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I'm surprised anyone would've thought of the optics of Barry and Iris level dumb. 

Yeah I think there probably will end up being another reason that EarthX Barry isn't there. 

JL flopping is really surprising. Im not used to the audience taking these kinds of stands with their money tbh when it comes to giant blockbuster movies but I guess I shouldnt be that surprised since Transformers flopped in the US even though it always did well in the past. I hope that WB learns a lesson from this. They have no body to blame except for themselves, should've got rid of Snyder before production started on JL and get a new script.

• Love 3