Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

40 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I don't think they are going to have every character become ordained. They already have Ray and now Diggle, dont need another one.

They don't need any characters ordained. The Olicity fake wedding was officiated by a rando day player. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I still do not want a crossover wedding though! Who can I blame for this dumb idea? *Glares*

And I'm not sure why Diggle would officiate WA's, unless something happens to whoever was supposed to do theirs originally? IDK.

I wonder when we'll find out what the crossover is actually about? Because I'm confused by the weddings and the fact that Kara and Alex are supposed to be the center of the crossover. Like, huh?

I don't think they will be the center. I think Kreisberg just meant they'd be the main participants from Supergirl. He went further to explain that their relationship would be central throughout the season. 

I"m pretty sure CG spoiled that Sanvers would be married by the season 3 premiere of SG

I don't know who CG is but I believe they are engaged in the premiere. Spoilers suggest that Kara throws them a bridal shower in 3x03. 

Edited by Xander
21 minutes ago, Xander said:

I don't think they will be the center. I think Kreisberg just meant they'd be the main participants from Supergirl. He went further to explain that their relationship would be central throughout the season. 

Ah, I see! I wasn't aware what else he'd said.

For the first time, I'm actually thinking it's possible that it could be Maggie and Alex that get married in the crossover as well. Especially if they're engaged at the start of this year. I can't see everyone from the other shows coming to their wedding though (Alex hasn't even met any of them!), so if they do get married, I'm guessing it would be some sort of last minute thing that happens spontaneously? As opposed to Barry and Iris's planned, big event. That's all I can think of.

Edited by ruby24
13 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

For the first time, I'm actually thinking it's possible that it could be Maggie and Alex that get married in the crossover as well. Especially if they're engaged at the start of this year. I can't see everyone from the other shows coming to their wedding though (Alex hasn't even met any of them!), so if they do get married, I'm guessing it would be some sort of last minute thing that happens spontaneously? As opposed to Barry and Iris's planned, big event. That's all I can think of.

Not even the other couple whose wedding got teased over the summer? The couple who is 2/3rd of OTA - which is  the dynamic David was asked about? 

Granted I wouldn't want Olicity to get married in the crossover but they're still the most likely candidate. Why would Diggle officiate a Maggie/Alex wedding? It makes little sense that he officiates Barry/Iris' wedding but Maggie/Alex even less so...

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 8

Alex/Maggie has been so badly sketched with so many steps skipped that I could see them deciding spontaneously to get married as Barry and Iris are, having had their first ceremony interrupted.

Or maybe I'm just thinking it because I don't want Oliver and Felicity to be the other couple.

• Love 1

I think the simplest answer is because Diggle is awesome. Everyone wants a piece of him. Near strangers deciding on spontaneous nuptials because they heard he was going to be officiating? Sounds legitimate to me! ?

(Yes, I'm joking, but I see no lies.)

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Why would Diggle officiate a Maggie/Alex wedding? It makes little sense that he officiates Barry/Iris' wedding but Maggie/Alex even less so...

Yeah, plus you've got the options of either Alex and Maggie getting married in Supergirl by a random character that has never been in their own canon before instead of getting their own ceremony with their own friends and families or two random characters never before being in the other three shows' general canon being married on a show that isn't theirs with characters who aren't usually connected to them by a character who might not even be connected to the normal show (if the episode is Flash or LoT). On the other side, if it's Olicity, there's a general placement of Oliver and Felicity as characters on all three shows that makes it easy to place them getting married in any setting no matter who marries them (obviously still not ideal since I got annoyed that Oliver and Barry got the last scene in a LoT episode even though I did really like their scene, but still semi-understandable since Barry and Oliver were established/referenced as characters on LoT already).

• Love 3
2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Maybe they decided that they must have the same person officiate both weddings during the crossover (for some really stupid reason?) and we should just be very, very grateful it's not going to be Ray. 

I may be the only person here who wouldn't mind Ray officiating *ducks* Bonus if he and Felicity have a conversation and he says he wants what Felicity & Oliver have and will stop falling for every goddamn woman who crosses his path :P

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I may be the only person here who wouldn't mind Ray officiating *ducks*

You are not alone! He's such a big awkward softie and I think he'd be hilarious.

And speaking of, has anyone posted these CW Super Season trailers yet? They are so cheeky, I love it.

• Love 4

Yeah, plus you've got the options of either Alex and Maggie getting married in Supergirl by a random character that has never been in their own canon before instead of getting their own ceremony with their own friends and families or two random characters never before being in the other three shows' general canon being married on a show that isn't theirs with characters who aren't usually connected to them by a character who might not even be connected to the normal show (if the episode is Flash or LoT). On the other side, if it's Olicity, there's a general placement of Oliver and Felicity as characters on all three shows that makes it easy to place them getting married in any setting no matter who marries them (obviously still not ideal since I got annoyed that Oliver and Barry got the last scene in a LoT episode even though I did really like their scene, but still semi-understandable since Barry and Oliver were established/referenced as characters on LoT already).

Yeah if if one of them was Maggie/Alex it would be extremely bizarre and nonsensical. Besides it would be stupid to marry them right now when it seems like Floriana Lima's availability and future with the show is very up in the air at the moment. Oliver and Felicity make a lot more sense even if they aren't engaged at the moment.

I don't think Maggie and Alex are getting married.  There was an interview that was posted over in the Supergirl forum, and while AK said that they weren't going to kill Maggie off, it still made me think they're going to  end the relationship and have Maggie move on, rather than have them in a background relationship with the character popping up now and then, like Diggle and Lyla.  

“Maggie does not die,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “I’m sure a lot of people are afraid of that. Maggie will continue to exist in the world and we hope that if the opportunity presents itself for her, that she’ll come back from time to time.”

“Unfortunately, Floriana decided to move on, which left us with, how do we write her out as a regular while still honoring these two women who were deeply in love with each other?” Kreisberg says. “Taking a page out of some of our own personal dating history, we’ve come up with a story that we really feel like honors what’s come before them, and honors how much they love each other, how much they mean to each other, and how much they’ve changed each other’s lives. It’s some of the most emotional stuff we’ve ever done, and Floriana has been so good in these first five episodes. Episode 3 is all about Maggie and her dad, played by Carlos Bernard, and it’s some of the most heartbreaking stuff I’ve ever done on anything I’ve ever done.”

While the future may sound murky for the Sanvers relationship, fellow executive producer Greg Berlanti recently said the show is still committed to exploring Alex’s romantic life moving forward.

12 hours ago, Delphi said:

Then they keep moving Legends around like that will help it find an audience.   

Legends has only moved once so far.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Would a potential Alex/Maggie wedding on Earth1 even be valid on EarthSupergirl?

That said, I don't think they're getting in the crossover. Also, didn't con goers say that DR didn't necessarily mean two weddings in the crossover?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Autistic Queer said:

I thought Sanvers split? The actress was dropped as a regular. 

FYI, She chose not to be a regular in season 3, not the other way around.

8 hours ago, LeighAn said:

I question why Diggle would even be friends with selfish Barry (and by extension Iris) let alone officiate his wedding so ?‍♀️

You and I have every reason to be pissed at Barry for taking away baby Sara but Diggle doesn't know her so it's easier for him not to be upset about what he never will miss.  To him Barry is the generally good guy that saved Oliver's life and kept his secret way back before Barry had his own secret (and all its weirdness). He's an ally and one of Oliver and Felicity's friends and someone he's worked with through ARGUS on his own as well.  So he probably does think of him as a friend. He did also free them in Nanda Parbat.  Then refused to help save Starling City cause he had to get home and talk to a guy already locked up but I suspect Diggle is fuzzy on those asshat details.

55 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Would a potential Alex/Maggie wedding on Earth1 even be valid on EarthSupergirl?

That said, I don't think they're getting in the crossover. Also, didn't con goers say that DR didn't necessarily mean two weddings in the crossover?

18 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I think at one point the con goers said that two weddings in the crossover doesn't mean they're both in the same episode, trying to head off fears that it might be a double wedding.

Yeah I've heard both as conflicting reports.  One person says he just confirmed two weddings while another group claim it was all crossover stuff.  So grain of salt.  

• Love 2

Diggle officiating anything at all sounds odd by itself; but it sounds like he'll be marrying Oliver and Felicity. If that happens in the crossover, it will be on Arrow, so some of you will see Olicity married first like you wanted. ?

I hope there's some clarity by the time the season starts about the crossover and weddings. Four casts, two weddings, plus whatever comic book threat going on is A LOT.

I adore Ray, cutie patootie that he is, but I'm pretty sure he's supposed to be dead so anything he officiates is not going to be legal! 

I want my Ray and Felicity, the dust has settled we are now good friends crossover scene!!!!!! GIVE ME ONE MG YOU ARE IN CHARGE OF LoT YOU HAVE THE POWER!!!!!!!!

• Love 3

I'm kind of crossing my fingers for a surprise wedding at the end of 606.  Then Diggle, armed with credentials from his recent Olicity wedding can help out anyone in the crossover.   

That said, a double wedding (WA and Olicity) seems just the type of thing the show runners would think was an awesome idea.  Honestly I don't care if it does happen that way.  Will need to hear that Diggle had already gotten accredited because they'd already planned on him marrying them but otherwise, I'm sure I'll be good.  My ship knows how to bring it whenever I've needed them too.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't think Maggie and Alex are getting married.  There was an interview that was posted over in the Supergirl forum, and while AK said that they weren't going to kill Maggie off, it still made me think they're going to  end the relationship and have Maggie move on, rather than have them in a background relationship with the character popping up now and then, like Diggle and Lyla.  

Legends has only moved once so far.

Sounds like it's something to do with her father and that she might have to more away from that interview, maybe with the possibility of coming back later depending on FL availability especially through/after pilot season. It's possible that Maggie might have even gone where or be broken up with Alex by the crossover I suppose.

They said something along the lines that they had a very modern storyline planned for Alex and Maggie, so my first thought was long distance relationship. Like Maggie goes away on a job offer or decides to take care of a family member who is sick, but they won't break up. I don't think that it needs to affect the relationship that much, they could just have her show up on occasion and be supportive or only have her show up for important episodes. I'm more sad that her absence likely means less police action. 

• Love 2

Here's a two-weddings scenario. They're both Olicity. First time OTA is in the field and things look dire, thye bemoan not getting married earlier and Dig is like, please, I got ordained after the mess with my wedding. Super intimate if you disregard the bullets whizzing around. Then they decide to repeat the ceremony with their nearest and dearest. Or whoever is supposed to be on in that episode.

• Love 2

I was reading the live tweets, there seems to be some confusion on Iris and the Crossover. Some thought she didn't know how much she's in them and others thought she didn't know how much she could say. The others were like let's say a lot. She also told a fan yesterday she hasn't seen the script. So have all the others? 

24 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Maybe she doesn't want to give away a crossover wedding saying too much? I don't know how Candice usually is about giving spoilers..

She's usually very tight-lipped. The one who gives away everything is Grant!

Glad to hear that she'll get to cross over to the other shows. About time!!

10 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Well, if they're not going to do it (not even try her out as a TV reporter, which I still think would work better for them), they ought to just give her a new job now. 

I guess Leader of STAR Labs will be permanent. (But STAR Labs itself is another issue I won't get into here.)

Well that is indeed pretty stupid then. 

I'm quite intrigued by Katie Cassidy hinting that Sara and Black Siren might come across each other this season. I wonder if that would mean Sara on Arrow, since that makes more sense to me than Black Siren on Legends. 

• Love 1

With streaming and all the other ways of watching shows, maybe airing on Thanksgiving won't make such a difference.  I'm about as old school as it gets and I PVR shows I'm not going to be able to watch live.

19 hours ago, Trini said:

I guess Leader of STAR Labs will be permanent. (But STAR Labs itself is another issue I won't get into here.)

I'm usually the first to say that people can take over positions they didn't necessarily train for (I was okay with Oliver taking on QC because he had Diggle, Felicity and Walter to go to for help) but Iris running STAR Labs, when she has neither business nor scientific training (she was taking undergrad courses in season 1) just doesn't make sense.  Is STAR Labs now composed of Cisco, Caitlin, Wells and Barry?  How do they fund the equipment they need not to mention the salaries?  QC at leas had employees that could write funding proposals; how is STAR Labs going to get money?

Giving her STAR Labs to run is better than putting her in a corner but it's still not respecting Iris as a character.

• Love 2

I'm not sure it's ever been explained where Team Flash gets their operating money, but I don't think STAR Labs has been an actual operating business since the explosion.  I think "leader of STAR Labs" just means "leader of Team Flash".

• Love 3

My guess is that STAR Labs would be funded by government contracts and patents.  Cisco seems to work on a lot of breakthrough weaponry so he probably gets government defense contracts and Caitlin could be funded by government bioengineering contracts for research in vaccines.  The contracts I've seen are for terms of several years, covering annual salaries and needed equipment for research and development. A lot of large labs in real life are funded by government contracts, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case for them.  If Iris is head of the lab, then it could include trying to find more sources for grants and contracts for the lab members.  A lot of scientists have difficulty writing or hate doing write-ups to report progress on their work to grant sources - Iris, as a reporter is most likely good at writing, so if she can apply her skills towards technical writing, she would be able to help them draft the grant proposals and follow-up reports to ensure they meet grant deadlines.

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 2

Which would involve networking and writing, both of which she would have developed somewhat as part of being a journalist, so she'd be using transferable skills. Normally you'd have someone with more experience in that role, but as part of the job involves superhero team supervisory responsibilities it makes sense to have Iris rather than a stranger. At least, sense enough for me to wave it aside and move on.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Wait a minute, if Arrow 6x07 is airing on Thanksgiving, then that's not the crossover episode.

Everyone who said it was episode 7 this year was wrong.

Yes, they were wrong because no one expected the CW to care so little about Arrow they'd air a new episode on a holiday, which networks rarely do.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Ha, let's start keeping score!

If I had known we were doing that, I'd have suggested placing hat-eating bets, just to make things more interesting ;)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 6