Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Any and everyone will show up for special Barry's special day. Even Diggle and Lyla, whose child he disappeared into a boy.

I bet he sang them a song and it was A-OK afterwards :p

• Love 7
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Even THR is wondering...

DC TV Watch: Will the Next 4-Show Crossover Feature a Wedding?
AUGUST 11, 2017 8:00am PT by Sydney Bucksbaum
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/dc-tv-watch-arrow-flash-crossover-wedding-speculation-1028051

With whoever ends up getting married, I honestly don't think they'd do a double wedding. It'd be too much. With whatever villain threat that's big enough to need everyone, plus a wedding, two wedding seems overkill.

26 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Something that doesn't make sense to me is why Barry/Iris would go to another Earth just to invite her? And would he just go to her world to give her the invitation and then come back or??? The logistical nightmare of this is something that just doesn't make sense lol

With Cisco, it's now very easy to travel and communicate between dimensions, so that's not a big deal.

Edited by Trini

I can't see everybody coming together for the wedding. I bet there's a MacGuffin that brings them all together and whoever is getting married (IF somebody does get married) will just say "Well, as long as the gang's all here" or something like that. 

• Love 4

For those who have been dying to see Sara Lance meet Black Siren (Katie Cassidy) face-to-face, you're not alone. Whether it's on Arrow or DC's Legends of Tomorrow, Caity Lotz says she's down for the two to link up despite the latter being a doppelganger of her deceased sister.

"I don't know if Sara will get to meet Black Siren. I feel like they have to," she told TV Guide during the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. With the real Laurel gone for good, however, it wouldn't exactly be a happy meeting. "It would suck if you see the person that...this is your sister but it's not your sister. I don't know how that would feel for Sara and what would happen."

While Sara might be apprehensive about her sister's look-a-like, she'd likely be more receptive to Dinah Drake (Juliana Harkavy), who will step into Arrow's new season as a fully-outfitted Black Canary. "I think as long as she's not wearing her (Laurel's) jacket, she's probably fine. But I'm sure she'd be supportive of it," Lotz added.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/caity-lotz-arrow-black-canary-black-siren/

• Love 3
4 hours ago, wonderwall said:

What does Iris mean to you?

Eddie: What does Iris mean to me? Well you know, a lot of times I have a hard time figuring what to say to people, but when it comes to you, Iris, I don’t. Because with you, everything that used to feel tough, just doesn’t anymore. It’s one of the things I love about you. You don’t need me. You could handle anything on your own because you’re fearless and independent and loving and kind. You are, without question, the best decision I ever made, Iris West. And I’ve never thanked you for choosing to be with me. Because each day with you is a gift, so thank you. You deserve the world, Iris. You deserve to be happy the rest of your life and no one wants that more for you than me.

Barry: Iris West-Allen ;)

After reading that speech and knowing Iris intended to marry Eddie when he died I've decided that Barry has got to be Iris' consolation prize. Cause that's a speech of a man who see her as an equal and treats her with respect while WestAllen seems to be just about Iris being around to make Barry feel better about himself while he keeps secrets from her, make decisions that affect Iris life without consulting her and then instead of The Flash writers allowing Iris the dignity as a character to demand more for herself like for instance the Arrow writers allowed Felicity to do in her relationship with Oliver, they have Iris be won over by a cheesy love song. 

Also Arrow writers if you want to follow the lead of a certain leaders wife and plagiarise this speech for Oliver to Felicity I'll look the other way, promise ?

2 hours ago, wingster55 said:

Barry doesn't need to say why with words...it's in his eyes every time he looks at her. 

You're confusing Barry with Oliver :P 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 12
28 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

You're confusing Barry with Oliver :P 

Haha Mr Hearteyes!

I sometimes think Curtis's 520 "You know what  he can't change? The way he looks at you" is the writing team's comment at the case of permanent heart eyes SA has around Felicity.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

After reading that speech and knowing Iris intended to marry Eddie when he died I've decided that Barry has got to be Iris' consolation prize. Cause that's a speech of a man who see her as an equal and treats her with respect while WestAllen seems to be just about Iris being around to make Barry feel better about himself while he keeps secrets from her, make decisions that affect Iris life without consulting her and then instead of The Flash writers allowing Iris the dignity as a character to demand more for herself like for instance the Arrow writers allowed Felicity to do in her relationship with Oliver, they have Iris be won over by a cheesy love song. 

The Flash writers could always do better, but this isn't what happened at all; but it seems like you don't watch the show. I rather not have them copy from other pairings.

• Love 2
Just now, Trini said:

The Flash writers could always do better, but this isn't what happened at all; but it seems like you don't watch the show. I rather not have them copy from other pairings.

Did Barry not keep the fact that he is The Flash a secret from her? Did he not reverse time without consulting her/telling her? Did he not break off their engagement without Iris having much choice only to win her over/apologise with a song? Did he not put himself in the speed force with out her having a choice?  Did Candice Patton not say that she (Iris)  had under surface issues with Barry doing things without talking to Iris first? 

• Love 1

Shakespeare wrote his comedies with the A couple driving the plot (Beatrice and Benedick. Oberon and Titania, Rosalind and Orlando) and a more simple B couple (Hero and Claudio, Hermia and Lysander, Celia and Oliver).  Barry and Iris remind me of the second set couples.

21 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

actions speak louder. 

Eddie didn't want to have secrets from Iris and fought to tell her that Barry is The Flash. Barry wanted to keep the secret from her.

And then Eddie sacrificed himself so that Eobard Thawne would never happen, would never kill Barry's mother and cause his father to spend all that time in jail.

Actions do speak louder.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Shakespeare wrote his comedies with the A couple driving the plot (Beatrice and Benedick. Oberon and Titania, Rosalind and Orlando) and a more simple B couple (Hero and Claudio, Hermia and Lysander, Celia and Oliver).  Barry and Iris remind me of the second set couples.

Hehe your comment cracked me up because hubby has always insisted that he and I are the comic relief B plot couple, not the pretty pretty leads ?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Eddie didn't want to have secrets from Iris and fought to tell her that Barry is The Flash. Barry wanted to keep the secret from her.

We can go in-depth about Barry/Iris later when I'm around, but both of them wanted to tell her, and both of them didn't.

Barry has also sacrificed for Iris and the greater good.

• Love 1

Who would cross over besides Kara? Mon-el as her plus one. Although, if there's imminent and sudden danger she could just pop back over to her earth and call J'onn. I guess Alex and James too...but really those two (Sara Mick and Oliver) would be the weakest members of the team up. 

I could still see Kara calling them.

If Alex once again doesn't even meet anybody from earth one I'm going to be very annoyed. 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 1

I admit that I don't follow The Flash that closely in the last season but it seems to me that the people around Barry end up sacrificing more than he does (e.g. Cisco's brother; Baby Sara).

Most of the time when Barry sacrifices, it seems to have been because of a situation of Barry's making.

14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Hehe your comment cracked me up because hubby has always insisted that he and I are the comic relief B plot couple, not the pretty pretty leads ?

They have an easier life.  ;-)

Who would cross over besides Kara? Mon-el as her plus one.

That settles it No cross-over wedding. I don't want Mon El and his airtime hogging anywhere near an Olicity wedding.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I enjoy the Flash immensely and really like Barry despite how problematic he is because I think GG is charming and does a great job with him. GG makes me like Barry.

But dude has done some super sketchy stuff like creating that tornado looking portal thing because he wanted to save his mummy and then creating Flashpoint again because he wanted mummy. I don't actually judge him too much because I've got a 4yo who would Flashpoint 1000 times over to find his daddy so I can empathise but Barry is pretty dodgy no matter how much I like him. Then there's the whole another version of him killing Iris thing.

Barry is a special snowflake. One that I like but definately the most special snowflake of them all. Possibly even more than Elena Gilbert.

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

They have an easier life.  ;-)

Haha that's what we tell each other to console ourselves for not being the pretty glamorous couple!!!!! ?

Edited by Mellowyellow
Wrong smiley
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, lemotomato said:

Did you just twist Eddie's selfless, noble sacrifice to save lives-- including Iris's and Barry's-- into something selfish and shallow just to make Barry look good?

It has nothing to do with Barry. Barry is just as good a man. 

6 hours ago, wingster55 said:

Eddie sacrificed himself because he would never truly get Iris. Reverse Flash existing was proof that Iris couldn't be the mother of Eddie's children. 

Actually, the reverse Flash existing only proved Eddie had a kid.  That didn't preclude Iris from being the mother.  And since she was going to marry him, it seems likely Eobard was Iris's great, great, great ect ect Grandson.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Actually, the reverse Flash existing only proved Eddie had a kid.  That didn't preclude Iris from being the mother.  And since she was going to marry him, it seems likely Eobard was Iris's great, great, great ect ect Grandson.

So shouldn't he have had some of her genetic markers, or at least a darker skin tone?

They wouldn't necessarily be dominant (visible)  if he was enough generations down the line.

But it's TV and so colour blind casting.  I can take just about anything except the casting of Cinderella a few years ago where Victor Garber played the king, Whoopi Goldberg was the queen and their son Prince Charming was played by a Filipino actor.  I draw the line at that.

• Love 6

Eh, it's fantasy. If I were casting a fantasy film/show and had complete control over who to pick, I'd cast colourblind and not worry about how realistic the genetic combinations were. If anyone protested, I'd chalk it up to "different universe, different genetic options and biological processes."

That said, you could get away with that in an Earth-based story like The Arrowverse too, you'd just have to provide an explanation. Adoption's the easiest route, but genetics can result in a lot of varied outcomes. Skin colour is definitely one. Combining chromosomes is not like mixing paints.

• Love 7

Yeah, genetic combinations can be surprising.  I know someone who is half-Caucasian half-Asian with red-hair and many shades paler than his Caucasian father.  You would never guess he was half-Asian by his looks...so you never know.

• Love 5
On 8/10/2017 at 5:01 AM, tv echo said:

Season three of The Flash was about preventing Iris’ future death and season five of Arrow was about someone getting revenge on Oliver. Not exactly about superheroes and bad guys.

I realize that, considering the source, I should probably just ignore this, but I'm genuinely curious what would qualify as "superheroes and bad guys" to them.  Like, Prometheus was going around murdering people.  If I recall correctly, Savitar was giving people powers and then murdering them (or something like that; I don't really watch the Flash).  Like, I get that there were other elements to their respective fights with Oliver and Barry, but in what world is that not a story about superheroes and bad guys?

• Love 4

They had to pay to fly Grant, Melissa, and the cast of Riverdale down to LA for the ceremony, so at least that much.

According to Ken the paparazzi guy, the actors are also paid to attend the event. 

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, wonderwall said:

Everyone knows the TCAs are rigged. CW bought the win for them.

In fact isn't there a disclaimer saying Fox reserves the right to pick the winners? 

• Love 1

I'm just glad the shows are getting some promotion during the hiatus. I was hoping Candice would show up for the red carpet, at least. I thought Danielle would, she tends to do more of that sort of thing.

Edited by Trini
6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

It's such a coincidence that the very stars that happened to be there also happened to win!  Shocking!

From what I remember, they notify the chosen winners (I can't say actual winners since the Network will clearly pick a winner over voting - as they disclaim) in advance, if the 'winners' don't want to go, FOX will pick other 'winners'. It's all about who theu can get and who they think will get them the most ratings. 

I have to say though, GG/MB must be good sports because that clip was cringe worthy

• Love 2

Note the carefully ambiguous wording on the TCA site (can be interpreted in a way that's consistent with the disclaimer below)...

Who Picks Teen Choice Awards Winners? 2017 Voting Rules After ‘Rigged’ Concerns
BY REBECKA SCHUMANN     08/13/17
http://www.ibtimes.com/who-picks-teen-choice-awards-winners-2017-voting-rules-after-rigged-concerns-2576498 

As for the official winner-picking process, the award show site states: “Votes are tabulated electronically and winners are determined based on the nominees in each category with the highest number of eligible votes.” 

Edited by tv echo