Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

On 11/12/2016 at 10:04 PM, Velocity23 said:

I hope its because he travels around and not because something Sara does that changes the future.

Ive had that fear that what SL did somehow mess the future or should I say the near-past. And then you guys start talking about the incessant BC mentions and I get nervous.

I know a few months ago I missed LL, but that was because I was very distraught by the current state of the show and their desire for me to care about newbies. It took me 3.5 seasons, a poorly written death and a bunch of randos to care about LL. And that was surface caring or don't waste my time with newbie useless characters to care about.

Between BA's fuckery and SL's revenagenda.... I hope the writers don't get any more silly ideas of bringing back LL.

5 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

As much as I love grumpy Oliver and his big brother/little brother dynamic with Barry, yelling "We are up a creek!" doesnt seem very Oliver.

I'm thinking that's the Flash episode, so that fits, like how Oliver said, "dude," in 208 of Flash last year and it felt off.

• Love 1

'Marvel's The Inhumans' Coming to IMAX & ABC in 2017

IMAX Corp. (NYSE: IMAX), Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

None of the details I've found on this are making me tremendously excited about this tbh; I feel like I hear quite enough about Inhumans on AoS, thank you very much. Although if this meant that they were going to move most of the Inhumans action off AoS and onto the new show I'd be all for it. 

I'm really excited for the Inhumans TV show, I've been waiting (not so patiently) for the movie.  I can't wait to see the Royal Family in action, I love Black Bolt, Medusa and Lock Jaw.  Not a huge fan of Crystal but, would love to get little Luna on the show, sadly with Whedon killing off Quicksilver, it's unlikely that will happen.

7 minutes ago, MariaHill said:

'Marvel's The Inhumans' Coming to IMAX & ABC in 2017

None of the details I've found on this are making me tremendously excited about this tbh; I feel like I hear quite enough about Inhumans on AoS, thank you very much. Although if this meant that they were going to move most of the Inhumans action off AoS and onto the new show I'd be all for it. 

I wouldnt be surprised if AoS didn't get renewed again.

23 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

I cant believe the Flash will actually (dont read if you dont want to be spoiled.

Reveal hidden contents

go on and show a death of Iris West this season

I don't think the paparazzi know the context of the scene, so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Love 1

Final ratings for Monday

Final-Bcast-2016-Nov-MON.14.png

1 minute ago, Trini said:

I don't think the paparazzi know the context of the scene, so I wouldn't worry about it.

They usually know. And since its seems that scene will be for midseason finale i wouldnt put it beyond the Flarrow people.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, way2interested said:

Well, regarding that Flash potential spoiler, tonight's episode of Flash majorly hinted something bad happening to Iris, similar to last year with Arrow, so now I'm inclined to believe it way more.

I didn't see anything hinted at.

Just now, Proteus said:

I didn't see anything hinted at.

Idk, I guess "majorly" is me exaggerating, but the whole "The Flash is nothing with Iris West" scene was kind of loaded to me. Could have been just a wink, but with that spoiler pic in mind, it seemed like foreshadowing to me.

• Love 1

I can't figure out whether that scene was the writers telling the Iris haters off - "there is no Flash without Iris West" - as they like to do in the Arrowverse, them acknowledging they screwed up with Iris as a starting point to include her more, or both, or none.

• Love 1

They did kind of rush through Alex's coming out story, but Chyler Leigh is doing such an amazing job that I'm letting it pass.  The ending scene with Alex and Kara after Alex got shot down by Maggie broke my heart. 

I think Arrow hurts a lot in the character scenes because of the flashbacks. That wastes time on scenes that could be used to develop the characters in the present. 

• Love 6

I agree.  The flashbacks used to give us Oliver's character development and Sara's as well in season 2.  But that stopped in season 3 and since then they've really just been filler, although more entertaining filler this season.  The time really could be used to develop other characters POVs.  Thea who?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 8

I've been saying that forever. The flashbacks [sorta] worked in S1-S2*, but from S3 on, they are just eating precious time that could be used for character/relationship development. Which is something all the other 3 shows do, because they don't have to dock 10 minutes out of every 40 to tell a story from five years ago that influences the present time storyline very very little.

* By design, flashbacks can't give anyone character development 5 years later. There can be development within the flashbacks [Oliver un-douched as the years passed], but it's pretty stupid to write a character learning something in 2007 that only gives them an insight that pushes character development in 2012. But hilariously, Arrow tries to do that with Oliver so many times each season. "Someone told me something five years ago that I just remembered that made me learn something about myself just now omg!" LOL.

• Love 15

IT’S HEROES VS. ALIENS IN THIS EPIC CROSSOVER EVENT — When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) for help in stopping them. Realizing the battle against the Dominators is bigger than they thought, they track down the Legends of Tomorrow, and Barry and Cisco (Carlos Valdes) create a breach to bring back a secret weapon – Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist). Once all of the super friends are assembled, they come up with a plan to attack but a shocking secret related to Flashpoint is revealed and suddenly no one is sure who they can trust. Meanwhile, Wally (Keiynan Lonsdale) wants to join the battle against the aliens but Iris (Candice Patton) tells him he’s not ready. Dermott Downs directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing (#308). Original airdate 11/29/2016.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/the-flash-episode-308-invasion-press.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Love 2

I had a feeling Only Flash, Supergirl and Arrow would be in LoT

“Invasion!” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL IN THIS CROSSOVER OF SUPERHEROS — After learning the Dominators’ plan for the world, the Legends must work together with The Flash (guest star Grant Gustin), Supergirl (guest star Melissa Benoist) and Green Arrow (guest star Stephen Amell) to kill them once and for all. Meanwhile, Stein (Victor Garber) figures out, with the help of others, how the team can terminate the Dominators, but is distracted by the aberration he realizes he created in 1987. Brandon Routh, Franz Drameh, Dominic Purcell, Maisie Richardson-Sellers, Nick Zano and Caity Lotz also star. Gregory Smith directed the episode written by Phil Klemmer & Marc Guggenheim (#207).  Original airdate 12/1/2016.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/legends-of-tomorrow-episode-207.html

I'd be sad if it is just the leads (it makes the idea of the crossover so much less fun) but LoT already has so many characters, I can see there just not being enough time to give everyone a speaking line plus if the purpose is to drum up viewership for LoT, you have to let them shine and on a show where they already have an automated talking computer that knows most everything in time and history on advanced timeship, they really wouldn't need Felicity.  She'd still IMO bring a good character perspective, but with the lack of time., I get it.  Still, it's downgraded the crossover from a CROSSOVER to just another crossover.  Adding in a few extra maks to LoT doesn't feel like a big enough deal to get excited about.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

So they're moving SPN to 8:00 and putting Riverdale at 9:00?  So where is LoT going?  Because they're going to have 9-10 episodes left and they're not going to get through all of them by Jan. 26.  

ETA:  never mind, I see it's been answered.

Edited by Starfish35

With No Tomorrow airing its freshman finale on Jan. 17, Legends of Tomorrow will move to the Tuesdays-at-9 time slot starting Jan. 24.

An edgy take on Archie and the gang, the Greg Berlanti-produced Riverdale arrives Thursday, Jan. 26 at 9/8c, pushing Supernatural up to the 8 o’clock leadoff spot.

The 100 launches Season 4 on Wednesday, Feb. 1 at 9 pm — the week after Frequency wraps its freshman run.

Reign returns on Friday, Feb. 10 at 9 pm, the week after Crazy Ex-Girlfriend airs its sophomore finale, while The Originals opens Season 4 on Friday, March 17 at 8 pm (the week after Vampire Diaries bids us a final farewell).

Last but not least, iZombie won’t sink its teeth into Season 3 until Tuesday, April 4 (returning with back-to-back episodes before settling into its usual 9 o’clock slot).

http://tvline.com/2016/11/16/the-100-season-4-premiere-date/

9 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

They really must want to capitalize on a hoped for crossover bump if they move it there. 

Not really, No Tomorrow is drawing 0.3 in the Demo.  Anything, even Lot's 0.6 or 0.5 in the Spring would be an improvement

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1