Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: High Tide

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, honeydo7 said:

Sounds like the writers decided to re-cycle an old episode where Tony & Ziva went undercover as married criminals for hire.

Yup. I posted the preview from TVLine in the spoiler thread (had some photos and other details for the ep). If you're interested.

Thankfully, no sexy times with the two of them, just the kiss that seemed like Bishop tweaking Torres. Definitely didn't pick up anything from Bishop, just a high of doing undercover work.  Overall, an ok episode. Don't feel the need to ever watch that one again.

• Love 3

I liked it...different...and on some level, easy to follow....to me the show's awesome glory days are behind it..but I was entertained for an hour....can't ask for much more...plus Mark Harmon  and Rocky Carroll having some nice moments...

• Love 6

Nice to see that the actress playing Bishop can act and do accents. She played a good criminal. But the episode didn’t  hold my interest. Jack just changes the entire mood of the scene every time she’s on screen.  McGee was seriously absent. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, marina to said:

Thankfully, no sexy times with the two of them, just the kiss that seemed like Bishop tweaking Torres. Definitely didn't pick up anything from Bishop, just a high of doing undercover work.  Overall, an ok episode. Don't feel the need to ever watch that one again.

I detected a bit of longing on Torres’ part right at the end ... looking back at the elevator. 

Not gonna lie: busted right out at “I got 3 kids anna sick nana in Boca!” 

I want to hear about the twins. And I want McGee to shave that rat fuzz off his face. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

McGee was seriously absent. 

I think I remember McGee and Gibbs going somewhere.  And  I remember Abby doing something with the computers to trace somebody or something on somebody's phone.  Smuggling in air cannisters is one thing, but pure fentanyl....didn't we see a major look of concern on Gibbs' face (and not on the rest of them who were equally exposed.) 

To me, things are fitting together very well this season.  Awkward.  Unless everybody's contract reads full pay if they say anything, and they are building their retirements.   

Not a bad ep. Not too memorable, but entertaining. I rather like the cowboy mentality, very reminiscent of season 1, which I recently rewatched.

I am becoming a fan of Torres, and I have always liked Bishop. Jack is still too new for me but I am liking her better than Quinn so far, and I appreciate having a woman closer to my age on tv. 

• Love 3

I really enjoyed this episode. Not too convoluted, with a little twist, and a cute ending. I like the idea of Torres and Bishop. And Jack was ok, and looked great in her date night clothes. Her character still seems superfluous, but I don't actively loathe her, so that's something.

That this show can still entertain me in its fifteenth (!) season...I can't ask for more than that. 

• Love 4

If they wanted suspense in the next scene after the explosion, they shouldn't have started the scene with the b&w shot of Torres. 

It was an okay episode. I called the real boss when he and Torres were loading (unloading?) the canisters. It seemed pretty out of character for a seasoned underground cop to totally buy the guy's "I'm just a poor guy who found money when I needed it" jive.

Not fond of an Ellie/Torres match, but then I'm not a 'shipper of anyone.

I like Jack well enough, they just need to find something she can do that no one else can. The advice she's given for the most part is stuff the seasoned officers already know how to figure out.

• Love 3

I really liked this one and it made me want to see Bishop and Torres spend more time undercover.  I haven’t really warmed up to Torres until now but I liked him in this.  I am a big fan of Bishop and I thought she had a lot of fun undercover and it suited her personality.  One of my favorite episodes this season.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 5

Torres breaking character to give the poor schmuck an out. Well, it worked for Michael Westen. This was a Sherlock Holmes moment: when you've eliminated all of the characters, the one who remains, no matter how unlikely, must be the real Mr. Big.

Not bad. Edgy. I note that Abby is collecting precious moments with team members. Note to self:  keep tissues handy.

• Love 3

Torres and Bishop: nope, nope, nopity, nope.

Torres as mini-Gibbs: s. above. Dude, for someone claiming to be super-awesome at this whole undercover business and knowing when to trust your gut you sure got played pretty easily.

"Soft Seven" was definitely the best thing about this episode, he!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Hard 10 and soft 7 was a riot! I'd give them a hard 9 and 8, respectively. 

Same! ha!

I don't care if they hook up, as long as it doesn't impact how they work with each other. (HA).

The limited Abby was a win for me. And I agree with @stonehaven that it was nice to see MH and RC have a good belly laugh together. "Wait - I AM Mohammad, right?"

• Love 5

I also enjoyed this episode, but I usually love the undercover ones. The team have so much fun with them. I can see Torres pining for Bishop, and I would be open to it. He makes her much more tolerable.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, twoods said:

He makes her much more tolerable.

Ellie works well undercover, and competent, bad-ass field agent Bishop is SO MUCH better than the quirky analyst who can only solve crimes by sitting on the floor and eating copious quantities of junk food. 

I liked that she seemed soooo bored listening to all of Torres' undercover stories, and she mocked the way he named all of his favorite undercover tactics, but when push came to shove and she had that gun pointed at the girl's head, she totally trusted that Torres would use one of those tricks to get her out of that jam and save the day.

No ridiculous Ziva/Tony foolishness.  Bishop trusted Torres and Torres came right out and told her "Good Job" when they were finished. 

• Love 4

So are we supposed to infer that Gibbs beat the location of the safe house out of the suspect? I hope this show isn’t sailing down the road to Hawaii 5-O levels of ridiculous police work.

• Love 2

I think (hope) that it was really a bluff, and that turning off the cameras got the guy to talk. On the other hand, he did tell Jack go back to her office. Though Gibbs could have been playing her too, reverse psychology and all. Because I certainly agree - I stopped watching H50 because it took a bit too much pleasure in brutality.

Edited by Clanstarling

So I finally got around to seeing this last night and...ho hum...zzzzzz...

What? Was I supposed to find Bishop with the make-up and what looked like dark dark brown lipstick sexy? Her whole wardrobe for the undercover was soooo '90s. And at the end, that conversation with Torres was sooo uncomfortable and awkward. Not natural or flirty at all.

Bishop doesn't have enough or any experience that we've been shown as an undercover agent for her to suddenly be so very very good at it. It's just like her being almost equal to Gibbs regarding being able to shoot a gun so well, when she'd had no experience as a field agent.

The only thing I liked about this was Mark Harmon's smile and laughter.

So Torres can ignore an order to go to the hospital, but that's okay as long as he turns out to be right -- at least initially.   It's NOT okay.  It is Gibbsian, but it's not okay. 

Just perhaps the Director or Gibbs, both of whom have not only the authority, but also decades of experience, might know a tad more than Torres?   But they ignore his insubordination, 'cause in one instance he was right.  Until he wasn't.

• Love 3