Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I've only gotten through the first few minutes, but how cool would that mini review series have been? I'm gonna listen more when I can, but I hope he plans to release that first one he did with Misha on Lazarus Rising. I'd love to hear them comment on it. 

• Love 2

My favorite highlights:

- Frankness about Dark Angel, although it seems like they may have edited something after he told the story of going to her house. 
- The almost podcast show recap
- More insight into Soldier Boy
-Full story on The Winchesters press release
-More details on what he did not originally like about finale 
-Dawsons Creek story
-How Welling story got he and Jared drivers

• Love 3

I love how he sees the finale as no hindrance to Dean returning in the future. Great to hear. 

Also, Purgatory was one of my favorite things the show did post-S4 - it was good to hear that it was also his favorite, and that he wished we'd had more of it. I don't always agree with his takes, but there are enough times like this that I think I'd have liked to see the show that he would've made if he could've expanded the storylines that he wanted to. 

Edited by Aithne
  • Love 5

I maintain that in the end, he (like me) was okay with Dean dying for the story - but I will never, ever believe he was okay with how it was done. At least he got his way with Dean dying on his feet.

Looking forward to Soldier Boy more than ever!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, SueB said:

More details on what he did not originally like about finale 

I thought it was interesting that he thought Sam should have been the one to die initially and that Dean should have been the one that carried on grieving for his brother. It doesn't sound like he had a problem with one of them dying he just wished it hadn't been Dean.

I wish it hadn't been either one or that the death of one brother or the other had been more meaningful. However that would have meant that S15 would have gone a completely different direction than it did.

28 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I thought it was interesting that he thought Sam should have been the one to die initially and that Dean should have been the one that carried on grieving for his brother. It doesn't sound like he had a problem with one of them dying he just wished it hadn't been Dean.

I wish it hadn't been either one or that the death of one brother or the other had been more meaningful. However that would have meant that S15 would have gone a completely different direction than it did.

It's funny, because I kind of always thought that too. Maybe it's that he was the one who was most connected to the family and the quickest to sacrifice - that it would be the greater emotional impact to see Dean, of all of them, be the last one left. Maybe it's just the Frodo/Sam thing where I expect the one with the dark destiny to be taken away and the one who observes their journey / protects them to linger on to tell the story. But that's not really who they were anymore after S5, so I can see where it wouldn't have made sense in the end.

Edited by Aithne
3 hours ago, Aithne said:

It's funny, because I kind of always thought that too. Maybe it's that he was the one who was most connected to the family and the quickest to sacrifice - that it would be the greater emotional impact to see Dean, of all of them, be the last one left. Maybe it's just the Frodo/Sam thing where I expect the one with the dark destiny to be taken away and the one who observes their journey / protects them to linger on to tell the story. But that's not really who they were anymore after S5, so I can see where it wouldn't have made sense in the end.

Ignore the shaky video. At about minute 1:52 Jensen talks about his dream for the end of Supernatural. It would have broke my heart but I think that would have been a better ending than what we got.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Ignore the shaky video. At about minute 1:52 Jensen talks about his dream for the end of Supernatural. It would have broke my heart but I think that would have been a better ending than what we got.

do not like that ending.  Dean giving away Baby?!  Hell no!

I kept waiting for Jensen to correct Michael Rosenbaum for always saying 14 years instead of 15. 

12 hours ago, SueB said:

The almost podcast show recap

That would have been something cool, but I understand why he said no.  My respect for Jensen only grows.  I get the need to stay busy and be creative. 

Even when he throws someone under the bus, he makes it sound as if it wasn't that bad, and it will be a trait that I think will only help his career to keep growing.  I just wish I could ask, is there anything you can't DO?

• Love 5

I didn’t like the red hat. But loved the interview. Jensen is always so Zen.  It’s sad to witness his enthusiasm for the western knowing what we know now.

I thought Jared had given up drinking. He needs to give up Twitter 🙄

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

His dreams have good instincts. That gave me shivers - the long and lonesome road, giving up the family car because he no longer has the family, and driving off into an uncertain future. 

That would've been an iconic ending. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

https://people.com/tv/jensen-ackles-recalls-bickering-on-dark-angel-set-with-jessica-alba/

The Jessica Alba story got picked up by People and E!News.  Unfortunately, I think they got his tone wrong.  I thought Jensen came across as telling an entertaining story, not a "I was bullied" story.   It was his truth, but not in blaming way.  People contacted Jessica's "rep" and didn't get a comment.  I hope this isn't going to have blow back.

31 minutes ago, Frost said:

https://people.com/tv/jensen-ackles-recalls-bickering-on-dark-angel-set-with-jessica-alba/

The Jessica Alba story got picked up by People and E!News.  Unfortunately, I think they got his tone wrong.  I thought Jensen came across as telling an entertaining story, not a "I was bullied" story.   It was his truth, but not in blaming way.  People contacted Jessica's "rep" and didn't get a comment.  I hope this isn't going to have blow back.

This is going to be another reason why Jensen is angry w/mainstream media.  And I think it proves his point.  Clicks are all anyone wants now.  Forget abt retractions or corrections, just jump to conclusions or misreport.

1 hour ago, Frost said:

He has told this story many many times in  the past before. And why does nothing else from the Rosey Podcast make the rounds? Other actors share way more juicy stuff. Why did they pick it up now? Those tabloids must be desperate for content.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Frost said:

Like Aeryn13 said, I'm surprised they even picked this up. He's always been open about the issues on the Dark Angel set, so it's old news, and I think the majority of the world has probably forgotten the show even existed by now. 

I'm honestly surprised, though, at how frank he's always been about things like this. He's as open with the good things as with the bad, but I don't think I'd ever feel comfortable being that honest if I knew my words were going to be available worldwide. 

Edited by Aithne
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

He has told this story many many times in  the past before. And why does nothing else from the Rosey Podcast make the rounds? Other actors share way more juicy stuff. Why did they pick it up now? Those tabloids must be desperate for content.

Other stuff did, first the stuff he said about DC and then the Boys and now this.  But that's genre news about projects so People or US wouldn't pick it up, they are just gossip.

And once again. He. Did. Nothing. Wrong. It's not like he sought out People magazine to expose a shitty work environment from twenty years ago. Rosey asked a question, he answered it, and answered it very kindly (loves her, understood where it was coming from, made friends and are still friends). It's total click bait to put their provocative, out of context 'quotes' in the header. I hate the media 90% of the time. They are gross.

• Love 7

No he didn't.  While I'm pissed off about it and my protective instincts for Jensen kicked in full blast, at the same time it's not really being portrayed that way(except by the J1ers who would find some way to twist it no matter what he said), even with the click bait headlines, he's not the one being criticized. It's him seemingly criticizing someone else, which he didn't do because Jensen is nuanced and gave a balanced(in fact frankly knowing how toxic that set was, yes to her as well, and how he was treated but that doesn't mean she gets totally off the hook, he went very easy) portrayal of what went on, whereas the media want black and white for headlines. 

Some people will take umbrage at it but most aren't going to go beyond "Hmm...wonder what she did?" and then either read the article and see it was click bait and not so bad at all because he talks about what pressure she was under and how they became friends or not click on it after that brief wondering of what she did.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 1
On 1/18/2022 at 10:06 PM, 7kstar said:

I kept waiting for Jensen to correct Michael Rosenbaum for always saying 14 years instead of 15. 

Maybe it's because he's erased the 15th season from his mind because it was so terrible.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, roamyn said:

This is going to be another reason why Jensen is angry w/mainstream media.  And I think it proves his point.  Clicks are all anyone wants now.  Forget abt retractions or corrections, just jump to conclusions or misreport.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Kanye (or Ye) will do something outrageous and no one will remember this even happened.

Some prequel news that seems to depend on the pending sale of the CW network.

https://deadline.com/2022/01/pilot-season-2022-volume-pre-pandemic-levels-covid-changes-abc-cbs-nbc-fox-the-cw-1234901308/

"This year’s hot prospects are said to include big IP plays such as DC’s Gotham Knights and the Supernatural prequel The Winchesters. The network has one pilot carried over from last year, Powerpuff, which has two of its three leads in Dove Cameron and Yana Perrault, with the third one yet to be recast.

The pending ownership change will likely be a factor in the CW’s renewal strategy this year. The network usually picks up the vast majority of its current slate very early in the year (January-early February), which works for the two studio that supply it, Warner Bros. TV and CBS Studios. A new majority owner will likely have a say in some of the renewals that may serve well the parent studios but not the network’s linear and digital ratings."

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

A new majority owner will likely have a say in some of the renewals that may serve well the parent studios but not the network’s linear and digital ratings."

Pretty much all the CW shows rank very low in the ratings compared to other networks.  I wonder if this will affect Walker?

• Love 1

Oh, The Winchesters is a hot prospect, is it? Nice! Didn't JA say in that Rosenbaum interview that they'd recently gotten the first script for it and he was really excited? 

I know there's a lot of skepticism about the premise, but I'm still interested to see what they're gonna make here. Hope it comes to fruition!

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Aithne said:

Oh, The Winchesters is a hot prospect, is it? Nice! Didn't JA say in that Rosenbaum interview that they'd recently gotten the first script for it and he was really excited? 

I know there's a lot of skepticism about the premise, but I'm still interested to see what they're gonna make here. Hope it comes to fruition!

Yeah that was my main focus, The Winchesters is considered a hot prospect.  Fingers crossed even if the CW's new owners end up changing their focus, it can still get on a streaming service.

• Love 3

Supernatural came out as the number 7 as the most streamed show last year.  Jensen's name brings a lot of buzz (and I'm only mentioning him, because Jared isn't attached to this as far as we know).  The main show had a lot of staying power. 

I bet that would appeal to the new owner.  If they like the pilot enough they can put it on HBO Max.. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Pretty much all the CW shows rank very low in the ratings compared to other networks.  I wonder if this will affect Walker?

I think Superman and Lois, All American and Walker are safe for now. The only problem for the prequel is if Nextstar wants to take on new shows. It may end up on HBOMax instead. Which actually may not be a bad thing. HBOMax would allow for more creativity for the writers and directors.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This should be interesting! Will definitely enjoy revisiting the early seasons at least, and it's a nice way to keep interest in the show going while waiting for the prequel or some future sequel type thing. 

• Love 1

Richard and Rob have really made a cottage industry out of their time on SPN haven't they? I'd be more interested if this was a video recorded podcast (a la Inside of You). I'm not sure I want to just listen to them talk about it. I'm still trying to figure out what they need a writer for, and why they chose the one they did.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Richard and Rob have really made a cottage industry out of their time on SPN haven't they? I'd be more interested if this was a video recorded podcast (a la Inside of You). I'm not sure I want to just listen to them talk about it. I'm still trying to figure out what they need a writer for, and why they chose the one they did.

That is awfully strange, now that you mention it. Do podcasts often have writers?

• Useful 1

I'd guess they want someone to give them an outline at least so they can guide the discussion the way they want to go and give it some kind of structure, rather than just random stories or a list of questions.  Maybe the Binge Watcher's author would have ideas on what the audience might want to know, as an outsider (sort of) fan's POV.  Just a thought.  

Any idea where/how we can hear it?  (I don't know much about podcast availability.)

That's a good point, hadn't thought of it that way.  I doubt they have seen all the episodes themselves.  I wonder if she is even directly involved it may just be they are using her book as a guide and so they need to credit her in some way  

Oh by the way, apparently JP stans think she's a "hater" and are trying to get her fired(assuming she is involved and they aren't just using her book as a guide)

1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

Oh by the way, apparently JP stans think she's a "hater" and are trying to get her fired(assuming she is involved and they aren't just using her book as a guide)

Re: post above - my god, does it ever end?  I'm not sure I could take Speight's voice for a series of podcasts. I wonder if they're doing this because they think the cons will go away if/when the main stars can't make it or decide to move on.

6 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think Superman and Lois, All American and Walker are safe for now. The only problem for the prequel is if Nextstar wants to take on new shows. It may end up on HBOMax instead. Which actually may not be a bad thing. HBOMax would allow for more creativity for the writers and directors.

It really depends, if Nextstar mainly wants cheap programming, that probably means an Influx of game shows and reality TV. Superman & Lois ain't exactly cheap but that one I could see HBO Max keeping.

2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It really depends, if Nextstar mainly wants cheap programming, that probably means an Influx of game shows and reality TV. Superman & Lois ain't exactly cheap but that one I could see HBO Max keeping.

It sounded like to me they wanted to go into more political talk show/news programming. 

I like Superman and Lois, and the Flash is having trouble.  But I hope they don't go to HBO max, as I won't be able to watch if it leaves the CW.  I have a limit of what I can afford and HBO isn't worth it for just one show.

On 1/19/2022 at 11:07 PM, Frost said:

Jessica Alba story got picked up by People and E!News. 

A little  late to the conversation, but I do believe Jensen is very deliberate in his choice of words and talking points.

Why bring this up now? He could have just said that set was challenging and left it at that, or asked Rosenbaum to edit his answer. Jensen also wished Jessica Alba happy birthday. Seemed random.

I have a theory -- maybe fantastical, maybe not probable, but definitely possible. What if Alba is part of one of his next projects? DC? Something else? Why not even the prequel?

Because the end result? People are talking about Jensen Ackles and Jessica Alba....