Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

I think there’s going to be some disappointed con attendees next year because I have a hard time believing both J’s are going to be able to show up to all these postponed Creation Cons.  I think there are like 14 of them.  I’m actually pretty surprised they had signed up for that many.  And there’s still the matter of ComicCon and maybe a JibCon?

Jared's schedule will be similar to SPN's since its on the CW so there is a good chance he will know his schedule.  Jensen's show is 8 eps and they are apparently shooting 2 episodes at once, so Jensen probably knows his schedule at least for the first few months.  He will be the wild card after that.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

then I have to believe it's because there is something great about it, something more than just his place on the call sheet.

Please note this is tongue-in-cheek: It's probably the costume he loves. LOL. Look at how many he's enjoyed in Supernatural.

• LOL 2

Supernatural and J2 got a blurb in Texas Monthly:

Supernatural’s Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki Ready to Wrap Up and Move On

Similar signs of life are happening around Supernatural, which this week saw its Texan stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles finally returning to the set to complete filming on the remaining two episodes of the series. Production on the show’s fifteenth and final season was shut down back in March amid rising pandemic fears, and it’s remained in limbo ever since, with fans surely wondering whether the series would ever wrap up, and if it would find the Winchester brothers return to investigating the paranormal while sporting a “quarantine fifteen.” We’ll find out on both counts when the final seven episodes begin rolling out on October 8, with the series finale scheduled for November 19. And you won’t have to wait long to see Ackles and Padalecki again after that. Dallas’s Ackles recently joined the third season cast of Amazon’s superhero series The Boys, playing “original superhero” (and Captain America analog) Soldier Boy. And as previously reported, San Antonio’s Padalecki is readying an Austin-set reboot of Walker, Texas Ranger that’s due to premiere in January 2021, give or take however long Padalecki might need to grow back a proper Chuck Norris beard.  

From here: https://www.texasmonthly.com/the-culture/hollywood-texas-travis-scott-wants-to-bring-astroworld-back-to-houston/

• Love 2

Hey guys.  As a reminder, this is the Media thread, which means you're really only supposed to post links and keep discussion related to said links.  We do give a bit of leeway, but the discussion of JA in The Boys either needs to go in the Cast in Other Roles thread or in The Boys board.  I've moved previous posts about Jensen in The Boys to the Cast in Other Roles thread.

Oh my god Andrew Dabb has another series - one on Netflix

Written by Supernatural executive producer/co-showrunner Andrew Dabb and produced by Constantin Film, which is behind the Resident Evil movies, the series will feature a brand new story across two timelines.

Not sure where this should go but it does show that Dabb had long ago lost interest in Supernatural.

The Resident Evil TV series was set up at Netflix for development in early 2019 when the streamer launched a search for a writer. As Deadline reported at the time, the series is expected to incorporate all of Resident Evil’s signature elements, including action sequences and “easter eggs.”

“Resident Evil is my favorite game of all time,” said Dabb, who will serve as showrunner. “I’m incredibly excited to tell a new chapter in this amazing story and bring the first ever Resident Evil series to Netflix members around the world.”

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

Not sure where this should go but it does show that Dabb had long ago lost interest in Supernatural.

Well that doesn't bode well for the finale then does it.  No wonder Jensen had "concerns".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Icarus said:

Written by Supernatural executive producer/co-showrunner Andrew Dabb and produced by Constantin Film, which is behind the Resident Evil movies, the series will feature a brand new story across two timelines.

The Resident Evil TV series was set up at Netflix for development in early 2019 when the streamer launched a search for a writer. As Deadline reported at the time, the series is expected to incorporate all of Resident Evil’s signature elements, including action sequences and “easter eggs.”

“Resident Evil is my favorite game of all time,” said Dabb, who will serve as showrunner. “I’m incredibly excited to tell a new chapter in this amazing story and bring the first ever Resident Evil series to Netflix members around the world.”

Thanks for the heads up. I might have actually watch it otherwise. Now I know to steer clear.

• Love 2

How the fuck does this ass who ruined our beloved show get to be a showrunner of anything in the future? Have the people who hired him not seen what he has done to an otherwise decent series? Are we thinking that he has been focused on that project this entire final season. It's a good thing I don't know where he lives.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Icarus said:

😡

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Sounds like Dabb is still trying to sell Wayward Sisters

Yeah, I think Andre Badd was tapped for this project precisely because his interests are laser focused in the teen girl YA direction, which is where he is clearly taking the project. No, there's no new ground here, he's just lifting from the job he had before this.

I was just talking to a friend who had noticed a lot of the new projects at Netflix were heavily focused on young females, much like we normally see on the CW. Apparently Netflix's largest demographic a few years ago was females 18-24, but they've lost that ground over the years to other streaming platforms like youtube and iTunes. Now it looks like they're working to get that demographic back.

However, if Badd thinks he had problems with SPN fandom, he's in for a rude awakening, jumping from the frying pan into the fire of a 20 year-long gamer devotion. Already some of them are not happy with his teen girl take on this series. It ain't going to be smooth sailing by a long shot. LOL!

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Yeah, I think Andre Badd was tapped for this project precisely because his interests are laser focused in the teen girl YA direction, which is where he is clearly taking the project. No, there's no new ground here, he's just lifting from the job he had before this.

I was just talking to a friend who had noticed a lot of the new projects at Netflix were heavily focused on young females, much like we normally see on the CW. Apparently Netflix's largest demographic a few years ago was females 18-24, but they've lost that ground over the years to other streaming platforms like youtube and iTunes. Now it looks like they're working to get that demographic back.

However, if Badd thinks he had problems with SPN fandom, he's in for a rude awakening, jumping from the frying pan into the fire of a 20 year-long gamer devotion. Already some of them are not happy with his teen girl take on this series. It ain't going to be smooth sailing by a long shot. LOL!

Good riddance to him. Too bad(d) he didn`t leave before SPN finished.

I think it`s hilarious that they are trying to go for the female demographic - by making solely projects centered around female characters. When the CW under Dawn Ostroff went for that demo, successfully, they made shows like Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries etc. Which, sure, nominally had a female character at the center but the fanbase came in for the ships and primarily for the guys in those ships. Maybe do a cursory research on what kind of projects were/are popular with the demo you are going for and especially what they were popular for.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think it`s hilarious that they are trying to go for the female demographic - by making solely projects centered around female characters. When the CW under Dawn Ostroff went for that demo, successfully, they made shows like Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries etc. Which, sure, nominally had a female character at the center but the fanbase came in for the ships and primarily for the guys in those ships. Maybe do a cursory research on what kind of projects were/are popular with the demo you are going for and especially what they were popular for.

Well, IMO Dabb has the mind of a 13-year-old boy, and you know how well they understand what girls like.  He just writes his own fantasies--from poor misunderstood woobly teen male heroes to sexy female teens without boyfriends of their own--and assumes others feel the same. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, PAForrest said:

GOOD!!!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Im not a gamer so I have no idea if its true but apparently there are no Wesker sisters in the game.  So if true, he's trying to do the same thing he did to SPN and remake the show in his own image.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And this is day one. I can't imagine what day nine will be like for them.

I know!! As eager as I am to see Jensen move on I know that we're all sad for the end of Dean's chapter. And if we're sad I can't even imagine how Jensen is feeling.

• Love 9
On 8/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, bethy said:

or take however long Padalecki might need to grow back a proper Chuck Norris beard.  

Two days, tops.  That man grows scruffy fast.  His tweet about beginning his last day of filming a season finale was sad, but the photo was a good one.  His eyes were clear, I always look at his eyes for signs of, I don't know, something, lol, but they look clear and he looks rested and well.  Jensen's bit about The End got me.  His eyes, not so clear, and without a word he says so, so much.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, trudysmom said:

Jensen's bit about The End got me.  His eyes, not so clear, and without a word he says so, so much

I'm not even that invested in the show anymore,  but yeah, everything about his post got to me, too.

It's got to be 100x harder for him than it will be for the rest of us to say good-bye to Dean. 😪

• Love 8

I can remember in Toronto how Jensen was laughing at Jared going “this is the final time we’ll be doing x, y and z”, while he was all “we’re months away from the finale”.  It’s finally hit him 😪

• Love 2
18 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Me too. This is the most emotional he's been since they made the announcement that it would end.  

My thoughts exactly! He's been fairly stoic since the announcement - even during it - but I think as he was making this video, it hit him, and it even surprised him a little how he felt. And i teared up immediately! He is going to miss Dean so very, very much methinks. 😞

Edited by FlickChick
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, FlickChick said:

My thoughts exactly! He's been fairly stoic since the announcement - even during it - but I think as he was making this video, it hit him, and it even surprised him a little how he felt. And i teared up immediately! He is going to miss Dean so very, very much methinks. 😞

Am I the only one who feels this wasn't Jensen so much but Dean saying goodbye to us all?

• Love 1
12 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Yeah, that's how I felt watching it too, that the emotion was stronger than he expected, particularly since they've been shut down for five months and the distancing process was already in full swing. Both of the Js have something else on the horizon, Jensen obviously got a kick out of finally getting to announce his next gig. Plus everything in terms of filming is so different and weird, that it's really not the same as when they left.

Still, when it's all said and done, it's 15 years of his life that for the most part he thoroughly enjoyed and was comfortable with and used to. So even though when they got to return and the WB was all about them getting up there and knocking this out so they could close out the books on this show, the finality of it was bound to hit him, and all of them, regardless of the circumstances.

And it's made all the worse for the fact that they can't celebrate with the crew, there will be no big goodbye party that they certainly would have had and all deserve.

• Love 6