Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

Tattoos can be copyrighted, so in theory they can sue for infringement.  But I think it would be the tattoo artist who would be the owner, not the one wearing the art.  Plus, there's fair use, as long as it's not being sold/used commercially....(Ah, my long-ago days as copyright permissions manager at a publishing house were so simple in comparison...)  

Still messed up. It was so clearly a personal design.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It would appear Jensen has abandoned footwear for the duration,  lol.

Hey, I never wear shoes inside my house.  That way you can pick up small objects and pet the cats without bending over! 😊

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Hey, I never wear shoes inside my house.  That way you can pick up small objects and pet the cats without bending over! 😊

I never wear shoes or even slippers inside the house, sometimes socks if it's cold.  It's good for your feet too, they get to stretch and be natural.

But as for Jensen, from what I've seen of his feet, he has nice feet too.  Which isn't really surprising, he's the guy who has perfect ear canals apparently. 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

This is a different house to the one we saw on the house tour? Isn’t it?

Love the mural. Wonder if they argued during application? LOL. Wallpapering can be a test of any relationship (been there, done that 🤪).

But I get the feeling these two really get along.

Nice feet, nice hands, nice everything. Even perfect ear canals! The bowlegs had to be thrown in so it wasn’t all perfection... but then they were perfect too. :::sigh:::

• Love 6

AX: Can you talk about your guest-starring role earlier this season on the “Last Call” episode of SUPERNATURAL? You played Leo Webb, an old Hunter friend of Dean Winchester, played by Jensen Ackles. Leo owns a bar and performs there with his band, and gets Dean up on stage with him, so you and Jensen Ackles sing together on a duet of Waylon Jennings’s “Good Ol’ Boys,” which was the DUKES OF HAZZARD theme song. Of course, Leo turns out to be a bad guy, so he and Dean have a massive barroom brawl. Were you and Jensen Ackles friends, or did you get cast because SUPERNATURAL likes to have BUFFY and ANGEL actors on their show? Of course, SUPERNATURAL has now been around for …

KANE: A hundred years. I’ll tell you the bottom line story, which is fun. And don’t forget, Mark A. Sheppard was one of the regulars on [SUPERNATURAL], and he was on LEVERAGE, he was our bad guy on our show. Me and Jensen Ackles have been friends for over twenty years. He’s one of my oldest friends in Hollywood. I remember all the way back [in 2003] when I was in Texas, doing SECONDHAND LIONS with Robert Duvall and Michael Caine, and it was Thanksgiving, and Jensen happened to be home, and he drove all the way from Dallas, Texas, to pick me up in Austin, and take me back to have Thanksgiving with his family. Anyway, he’s always been a friend, he’s always gone out of his way.

They asked me to do SUPERNATURAL a couple times, and asked me what I thought about it, and I just didn’t think things were right. A lot of people bring in Eliot Spencer so that their main character can beat him up, to give validation to that character. And Jensen’s character didn’t need validation, but I knew Jensen was going to beat me up if I came. So Jensen called my house. And he said, “Kane, you want to come do SUPERNATURAL? It’s the last season.” I said, “How’s the money?” He’s like, “S***ty.” I went, “Of course it is.” I said, “Do we get to fight?” And he goes, “Yup. We also get to sing together.” And I was like, “I’m in.” I said, “Do you beat me up?” “No. But I do kill you.” [laughs] “Of course you do.”

And I got on a plane and went to Vancouver, and got to sing and “dance” [do fight choreography] with, like I said, one of my oldest friends in Hollywood. That was so much fun. There were no stunt doubles, it was really us, getting to be boys again. And of course the singing, we went into Bryan Adams’s studio in Vancouver, Canada, and both of us laid down the tracks, and then we went and had a beer. It was like the old days, when we used to play music together, and we got to do what we do. I told him – I literally sent him a text – I said, “Is there going to be a fight scene?” He said, “They’re working on it.” I said, “This is ridiculous, man. I said, “You got a demon hunter and Eliot Spencer in the same room. You think somebody would hit something. Otherwise, it would be like watching Thor and Wolverine assemble a floral arrangement.” [laughs] He started laughing. He said, “You’re absolutely right.” The next day, they had jacked the fight scene up quite a bit.

AX: Did you guys pick the Waylon Jennnings DUKES OF HAZZARD song, or did production just say, “Well, this is what we got the rights for you to sing”?

KANE: You know, Jensen sent me a couple of songs that he enjoyed, but I think overall – I’m not a hundred percent on this – Jensen did call back with the song choice, so I’m pretty sure Jensen had that up his sleeve, and I think he made that happen, which I thought was outstanding – these people thought enough about me coming in, and thought enough about the episode with me and Jensen both in it, to go out and buy a song that prestigious. And I was like, “Come on, man, ‘Good Ol’ Boys,’ me and you, back on the screen, come on.”

AX: And they also used your song “House Rules” on the episode soundtrack …

KANE: Yeah. And that was another little gift they gave me. I’m telling you, man, it was one of the funnest jobs. I hadn’t seen Jensen in a few years, since he was up there [shooting SUPERNATURAL in Vancouver] and I’d been in Portland. It might seem closer than that, but it’s really not that close. And I was doing LEVERAGE and LIBRARIANS, and we’d talk, but we didn’t get to see each other. And so we caught up right where we left off. It was a blast working with him.

link

• Love 17

I remember when Jensen went on the Bonnie Hunt talk show to promote "My Bloody Valentine" and the silly girl who was also on asked him if he curled his eyelashes. He didn't even know how to react to that. Finally just said "no".

• Love 3
2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I remember when Jensen went on the Bonnie Hunt talk show to promote "My Bloody Valentine" and the silly girl who was also on asked him if he curled his eyelashes. He didn't even know how to react to that. Finally just said "no".

It was the Jimmy Kimmel show 🙃

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, starfishka said:

It was the Jimmy Kimmel show 🙃

Rosie Perez asked the question at time mark 4.24.  The complete interview:  

Boy does Jensen look young!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I remember that interview. Although I would like to say that Rosie Perez is way too accomplished and awesome to be referred to as "a silly girl".  Just my opinion.

• Love 3

A little late to the party because I just found the article, but I really did love seeing Kane and Jensen together.    Since Kane is involved in two shows, "Almost Paradise" and the reboot of "Leverage", maybe Jensen can guest star on one of them.  They do work well together.

I'm still hoping that Jensen, Steve Carlson and Kane would sing together again.  Carlson and Kane did some albums together.  Who knows.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I remember that interview. Although I would like to say that Rosie Perez is way too accomplished and awesome to be referred to as "a silly girl".  Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, she's done a lot, and I thought it was cute.  I think they knew Jensen was a little nervous as he used to be doing these things. I don't think he minded.  I remember he was on Megan Mullaly early in the show and after the interview as they were going to commercial I seem to recall you could see her saying to him "oh you did great", like maybe he'd been a little nervous and she was reassuring him.

• Love 2

What I kept laughing about was him comparing Supernatural Brothers to the Hardy Boys.  Jensen's reaction is priceless.

Another reason I found it funny, is I just finished watching the 70's series of the "The Hardy Boys" with Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy because it reminded me of my childhood.  I kind of forgotten how in TV shows you never really had anybody really hurt not like we do today.  The differences between the shows, makes the comment even funnier to me.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Oh yeah, she's done a lot, and I thought it was cute.  I think they knew Jensen was a little nervous as he used to be doing these things. I don't think he minded.

I thought it was pretty cute too and I liked how Jimmy followed up with "he's just naturally beautiful".

• Love 3
16 hours ago, 7kstar said:

What I kept laughing about was him comparing Supernatural Brothers to the Hardy Boys.  Jensen's reaction is priceless.

Another reason I found it funny, is I just finished watching the 70's series of the "The Hardy Boys" with Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy because it reminded me of my childhood.  I kind of forgotten how in TV shows you never really had anybody really hurt not like we do today.  The differences between the shows, makes the comment even funnier to me.

I used to watch the Hardy Boys, it used to alternate with Nancy Drew(Pamela Sue Martin pre-Dynasty as Nancy Drew).  My little first grader self had a big crush on Shaun Cassidy.  Which is kind of funny because my little 4 year old self had had a big crush on David Cassidy.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

I used to watch the Hardy Boys, it used to alternate with Nancy Drew(Pamela Sue Martin pre-Dynasty as Nancy Drew).  My little first grader self had a big crush on Shaun Cassidy.  Which is kind of funny because my little 4 year old self had had a big crush on David Cassidy.  

I had the biggest crush on Shaun. He's a pretty successful producer and writer now (New Amsterdam most recently) and my inner-tween does a little happy dance each time he 'likes' a tweet. :)

• Love 5
16 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I had the biggest crush on Shaun. He's a pretty successful producer and writer now (New Amsterdam most recently) and my inner-tween does a little happy dance each time he 'likes' a tweet. 🙂

I had a major crush on Shaun and I found a video with him and David singing and they were awesome together.  He didn't have the looks for Joe Hardy if you thought he should be the brawn but I didn't think about things like that when I was watching it as a youngster. 

I did like ROAR, so I'm glad he found success even if his music career crashed and burned.  But I did get a kick watching him sing on the Hardy Boys once again as an adult.  It is funny what parts you remember when you're young and how your memory of something doesn't always match with the real thing. 

Back on Topic,

I do Hope Jensen's music career spans more than one album.  I will admit to listening to it over and over.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Wow, that was a much longer segment than I was expecting. Very interesting, thoughtful and introspective answers on some heavy topics.

On 5/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, FlickChick said:

That was such a great episode! One of the few this season, IMO. Yes, thanks @starfishka , I really enjoyed the article. I'm so glad that Jensen and Christian had an opportunity to have some fun together.

That was a wonderful interview with CK, and a lovely insight into his long-time friendship with Jensen. I love hearing what a really down to earth guy and good friend Jensen is in real life. And yes, that episode was probably the only one that stands out as something I really liked out of this mostly terrible last season.

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I had a major crush on Shaun and I found a video with him and David singing and they were awesome together.  He didn't have the looks for Joe Hardy if you thought he should be the brawn but I didn't think about things like that when I was watching it as a youngster. 

I did like ROAR, so I'm glad he found success even if his music career crashed and burned.  But I did get a kick watching him sing on the Hardy Boys once again as an adult.  It is funny what parts you remember when you're young and how your memory of something doesn't always match with the real thing. 

Back on Topic,

I do Hope Jensen's music career spans more than one album.  I will admit to listening to it over and over.

I know, sometimes you go back and watch those old shows and cringe a little but sometimes they are actually pretty good.  Like I did an original Battlestar Galactica rewatch about 6 months ago I guess(and then I watched the the reboot) and while it could be silly and I expected that,, for the most part I found it was still a pretty good show.  Maybe had a little more appreciation for Apollo this time though Starbuck was still my definite fave in the original.  I didn't have an issue with Starbuck/Kara and the gender change in the reboot but it was annoying that they never could seem to figure out what to do with Apollo/Lee, I liked Jamie Bamber from his Horatio Hornblower days.

I'm hopeful for Jensen's music career too.  For one thing, he has an experienced songwriting partner in Steve.  For another, he obviously took his time learning the ropes over the years and for another, he really has a spectacular voice with a good range.  That song he sang with JJ a while back, he just sounds absolutely beautiful.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

Wow, that was a much longer segment than I was expecting. Very interesting, thoughtful and introspective answers on some heavy topics.

I had to laugh when Jensen talked about a Supernatural reboot in 5 years and Danneel wondered who would play Dean.  His response "Me!".  I mean really who else is going to play Dean Winchester.

• Love 7

That was a really interesting interview with Jewel.  Jensen's face got very intense when Danneel mentioned that he personally spoke to someone on the set of One Tree Hill who was behaving inappropriately towards her and other female cast members.  I wonder who that was?

I cringed a little with the live Q&A, especially with the girl with gigantic Jared posters on her wall, but their questions were treated respectfully and thoughtfully.

• Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Frost said:

That was a really interesting interview with Jewel.  Jensen's face got very intense when Danneel mentioned that he personally spoke to someone on the set of One Tree Hill who was behaving inappropriately towards her and other female cast members.  I wonder who that was?

I cringed a little with the live Q&A, especially with the girl with gigantic Jared posters on her wall, but their questions were treated respectfully and thoughtfully.

Two or three years back a lot of stuff came out about former showrunner Swan? Schwartz? behaving horribly inappropriately to the actresses on the show. Stalking, sexual harassment and all that. I think Danneel herself once said she only came back for a storyline because her onscreen partner was Paul Johannson and she felt the showrunner wouldn't try anything in his presence.

• Useful 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Frost said:

The questions were good and topical. The chat that ran along side it was, however, a trash fire of Destiel/Wincest/Tinhat freaks who were an embarrassment to themselves. Thankfully, it could be hidden by the user, but I cringe to think that Jewel (or whoever was moderating for her) had to read all of it.

I actually opened this thread to comment on Jensen's face when they were talking about OTH. I remember another woman (Carina Mackenzie?) saying that Jensen stood up for her with one of the #metoo creeps. I also held my breath a little when he was asked about how he handled his friends/co-workers mental health issues/depression on set. It was such a pointed question, but I thought he handled it really well.

All that said, I hope whatever project it is that Jensen said he and Danneel were working on, it's not something like this. I'd really like to see them having fun with something, whether it be the kids, music, friends, the brewery, anything. JMO of course.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The chat that ran along side it was, however, a trash fire of Destiel/Wincest/Tinhat freaks who were an embarrassment to themselves.

OMG!  I'm so glad I didn't know about the Chat!  I didn't have to waste my brain power on wondering "what on earth is wrong with these people?" and "don't they have anything better to do?"

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I had to laugh when Jensen talked about a Supernatural reboot in 5 years and Danneel wondered who would play Dean.  His response "Me!".  I mean really who else is going to play Dean Winchester.

HA!

But of course!!

No one else could even come close and he knows that, too. 

I so love how he feels about Dean. 🥰

• Love 8

I got Dean!  😍  I didn't even try to rig it.  I chose a Burger and not Pie!  It seemed like there were certain answers that would guarantee a Dean, Sam, or Castiel selection but I figured I would answer them honestly the first time just to see what happened...and then I could rig it to get who I wanted in subsequent rounds...you know, if I was still a 13 year old girl who did that sort of thing...🙃

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 12:31 AM, Casseiopeia said:

So I just watched this for the first time this morning and I was blown away by the questions that Jewel asked.

And I think that The Ackles handled them wonderfully.

Great interview. 

I knew that there was a reason for it, when years ago, my then preteen daughter came to me with some music and said "Listen to this girl sing, mom".

And we've loved Jewel ever since.

Edited by Myrelle
Spelling
  • Love 2
On 5/8/2020 at 9:19 AM, Casseiopeia said:

Well, if it's on the CW, they'll have Jensen playing Dean, father to teenage hunter Deanna (or Samantha).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 8:57 AM, tessathereaper said:

it was annoying that they never could seem to figure out what to do with Apollo/Lee,

Yeah, that was one of the things that ultimately made me dislike the show (along with stuff like: the fact that they couldn't, in the end, handle the increasing complexity, and ultimately failed the logic test; that I still have no idea what the "plan" was; and don't even get me started on the finale!!); to me, Apollo in the original series was the center of the story (to that advanced race, he was humanity on the way to being something greater).

15 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don'y know what this says about me.  I got the car!😕

First time around, so did I! (I like that they consider Baby to be a "hunk", even though they acknowledge that she's a she. 😊) There were a couple of questions where I could have gone either way (not the burger one; I definitely would not ever go for pie.  Sorry, Dean, sweetie 😘), so the second time around I took the other choice and I got Dean.  Yay!

Dean and Baby--I think I've chosen a side here. 😂😋

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 4
(edited)

I love toward the end when he’s all, ever so gently, “Okay. Okay.” It’s, like, universal-Dad for “We’re having fun, but you’re getting out of control, and I need you to calm down.” Then the little kiss on JJ’s forehead. So sweet.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 6
20 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I answered honestly (yes, I knew which answers would assure me of Dean) and got Cas! Loved the description of my dates with him. 🙂  Not a bad choice (as a second, of course), because I've always liked Cas.

You're way less shallow than I am because I totally cheated by picking the obvious Dean answers . 😁 Though I hated that the description of him included "emotionally unavailable". I hate when he's described that way because it's so untrue.

• Love 4