Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

It kind of seems like Misha let something slip he didn't mean to.  I still can't see how they return to filming anytime soon. For one Jared's plane blew up. They would have to take commercial airlines (I can't see that happening) and the Coronapocalyse seems to be heading well into summer. At some point they have to start talking movie.

And as an aside Idris Elba just tested positive (asymptomatic). He is in self quarantine for the next 2 weeks. An actors life isn't an easy one.  Do the guys really want to take the risk of exposing their families?  

IKR! IDRIS!!!!! Sex on a stick cannot be felled by this!

Yes, I think Misha let reality slip, which is why he tried to delete the post. No, I don't think there's any way now they're going to get back to biz to finish up the last two episodes, and I'm sure they've all been told that.

So now we wait to see if the network and studio are even interested in negotiating for a 2-hour wrap-up tv flick to air in the fall - or even spring. Once contracts expire in April or May, that's not going to be a cakewalk.

The last two episodes are written, so that's something. But you need cast and crew to get them to screen.

1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

The last two episodes are written, so that's something. But you need cast and crew to get them to screen.

Maybe they could do a video of the table read and we could at least know how they intended for it to end.

2 hours ago, PAForrest said:

IKR! IDRIS!!!!! Sex on a stick cannot be felled by this!

Yes, I think Misha let reality slip, which is why he tried to delete the post. No, I don't think there's any way now they're going to get back to biz to finish up the last two episodes, and I'm sure they've all been told that.

So now we wait to see if the network and studio are even interested in negotiating for a 2-hour wrap-up tv flick to air in the fall - or even spring. Once contracts expire in April or May, that's not going to be a cakewalk.

I'm surprised at your surety.  Warner Brothers is not a preternaturally competent entity that has a crisis response plan in place.  For shows that are continuing on next season, I can see some definitive answers put out.  With SPN it's just far too complicated.  I agree ONE answer may be 'wrapup' in a different format (CW two-hour movie most obvious), but there's so may ways this can go.  At the least, a finale would go straight to video on the S15 DVD if for some reason the CW just completely flaked.  

But yes, the WB DOES need to contract the work with cast and crew.  I have no doubt a force majeure clause was exercised.  But I'm 100% confident that J2 are all flexible enough to WANT to wrap up the show that they've worked on for the last 15 years. With Jared as an Exec Producer on 'Walker' he can also influence that impact.  IMO, so long as J2 are willing, they will find a way to wrap the series. And the SPN supporting cast and crew will pitch in to get it done.  The WB is the likely bill-payer here.  With worldwide DVD sales dependent on it, I think they'll cover.

And I don't expect a two-year time gap - barring MAJOR catastrophic impacts from Covid-19 that literally stops Vancouver filming. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, SueB said:

But yes, the WB DOES need to contract the work with cast and crew.  I have no doubt a force majeure clause was exercised.  But I'm 100% confident that J2 are all flexible enough to WANT to wrap up the show that they've worked on for the last 15 years. With Jared as an Exec Producer on 'Walker' he can also influence that impact.  IMO, so long as J2 are willing, they will find a way to wrap the series. And the SPN supporting cast and crew will pitch in to get it done.  The WB is the likely bill-payer here.  With worldwide DVD sales dependent on it, I think they'll cover.

Whilst Jared might be able to free himself to film a proper end to the show that may not necessarily be true for Jensen since there has been no news from him as to what he is doing after SPN ends. He may already be committed to something else.  The rest of the cast and crew could all be committed to other things as well.

• Love 2

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I'm surprised at your surety.  Warner Brothers is not a preternaturally competent entity that has a crisis response plan in place.  For shows that are continuing on next season, I can see some definitive answers put out.  With SPN it's just far too complicated.  I agree ONE answer may be 'wrapup' in a different format (CW two-hour movie most obvious), but there's so may ways this can go.  At the least, a finale would go straight to video on the S15 DVD if for some reason the CW just completely flaked.  

And I don't expect a two-year time gap - barring MAJOR catastrophic impacts from Covid-19 that literally stops Vancouver filming. 

If this does happen, it gives Jensen a lot of power. They get to read the scripts on movies before they sign so if he doesn’t like it they would have to rewrite. He was contracted for this season before he knew how it would end and he is too much of a professional to create problems. So they either film the scripts already written or they get new people for the movie. If Jensen signs to film the Dabb script then we finally know for sure that he is happy with the ending.

Edited by Lastcall
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Whilst Jared might be able to free himself to film a proper end to the show that may not necessarily be true for Jensen since there has been no news from him as to what he is doing after SPN ends. He may already be committed to something else.  The rest of the cast and crew could all be committed to other things as well.

I was reminded that Walker is not a WB show, but a CBS show - assuming because they own the rights. So that could actually make it trickier with Jared's availability once that show gets up and running. I think Jensen and Misha might be more flexible through the summer months - but given that we're in uncharted territory here, there's no way to know what is being considered at the moment.

I'm not dead sure what's going to happen - no one is. However, the reality is that more studios than not so far have been indicating their seasons are done where they stopped filming. For shows coming back next year, that's more of a headache for their showrunners and writers who have to forgo what they thought would be their season premieres. But that's something they obviously have plenty of time to work on at home right now. In other words, it can be fixed.

I'm sure no one working on the show wants it all to stop with no clear cut ending - that will be terrible, especially in selling the show going forward. But if they can't get back to the set to finish out the traditional season, turning the last two episodes into a two-hour special is the most likely option. It was pointed out to me that Dabb even said the last two episodes are essentially one two-part episode.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I just have to think Misha's 'maudlin and melodramatic' tweet was more than just being cooped up at home. Honestly, I think at least the three of them (J2M) know what's up. IMO, their silence speaks louder than words.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

If this does happen, it gives Jensen a lot of power. They get to read the scripts on movies before they sign so if he doesn’t like it they would have to rewrite. He was contracted for this season before he knew how it would end and he is too much of a professional to create problems. So they either film the scripts already written or they get new people for the movie. If Jensen signs to film the Dabb script then we finally know for sure that he is happy with the ending.

I don't know how the contracts work.  Are they for a specific amount of time (ie, a season which runs from ... to ...) or (more likely) the specific number of episodes.  Therefore, they would still be under contract to finish out the season.  I don't think the crew has the same kind of contract so they might move on to something else, but the studio would have to release the cast from their contracts for the last few eps.  So they may be obliged to finish the season (though I would think the filming schedule might be more flexible in order to accommodate everyone.) That won't mean that Jensen was happy with the ending.

If the studio declares the season is over (like when a show is cancelled, all contracts are void), then they can start fresh and look for a finale movie later down the line and the boys will be able to approve the script or turn it down.   (This is all JMO:  I'm not a lawyer or contract expert ☺️)

• Useful 1
11 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't know how the contracts work.  Are they for a specific amount of time (ie, a season which runs from ... to ...) or (more likely) the specific number of episodes.  Therefore, they would still be under contract to finish out the season.  I don't think the crew has the same kind of contract so they might move on to something else, but the studio would have to release the cast from their contracts for the last few eps.  So they may be obliged to finish the season (though I would think the filming schedule might be more flexible in order to accommodate everyone.) That won't mean that Jensen was happy with the ending.

If the studio declares the season is over (like when a show is cancelled, all contracts are void), then they can start fresh and look for a finale movie later down the line and the boys will be able to approve the script or turn it down.   (This is all JMO:  I'm not a lawyer or contract expert ☺️)

Those contracts allocate a certain time period. Just because they signed to do 20 episodes doesn't mean they are obligated to film months or years after the date has expired. I don't think J2M really care about that though. They want to finish everything for the fans and get their own closure so they would do it if their schedules were open even if it was a few weeks after their contracted end date. They would still have to sign a new contract if this happens months or even years from now. In that situation, they would all get to decide if they wanted to proceed with what ever script they end up going with. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I just have to think Misha's 'maudlin and melodramatic' tweet was more than just being cooped up at home. Honestly, I think at least the three of them (J2M) know what's up. IMO, their silence speaks louder than words.

Comment taken to spoiler thread.

• Love 1

Apparently Creation rescheduled the SPN TN convention that was originally scheduled in April to August. Notice, they didn't cancel it so people can get their money back - just good luck if you can/can't make it. Also, who knows what stars will be available at that time. What assholes!

Right now, I think its in a holding pattern.  I don't think anyone really knows what will happen in the future.  I think their intention is to return and continue shooting and that they all want to, but this virus is unpredictable.  I have a relative in Calgary who said that they've cancelled the rest of the school year and won't reopen until September. 

They can only hold out for so long, maybe a few weeks to a couple of months, because contracts will expire.  Will the CW spend the time and expense to renegotiate contracts that will last about  3 weeks.  What about rehiring or replacing crew.  All of which will need new contracts.

If BTS people have new contracts with new shows they might not be able to come back.  Jensen is a wild card.  He could have a contract with show that might not let him film. 

I remember Jensen talking about he other CW shows doing crossovers.  He said its cool to see it on screen, but behind the screen its a logistical nightmare.   Trying to coordinate, scripts schedules, actors, etc.  My guess is that trying to put the crew/actors back together would be similar depending on how long the shut down goes for.  

I think the CW wants to and I fully believe the guys want too, and I think everyone who works on the wants to.

But like everything in Hollywood it will come down to money and whether it economically feasible for the CW to do so.  It might not be their choice.  Didnt Pedowitz move on?  The new person may not be a big champion of the show he was.

Misha's tweet could have been a potential spoiler and not related to the shut down.   But if it was 100% sure it would I think Jensen, and Jared would have tweeted that reassurance or the net work would have put out a statement.  

This post is all my own thoughts and not based on anything else.  Just my limited knowledge of how thing in Hollywood seem to go.

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

just good luck if you can/can't make it.

According to the email I got if you can't make the new dates apparently creation will refund your money. 

We will be honoring all SPN Nashville admission passes (keeping your same great seats!) and a la carte autograph and photo op tickets for the new date. If you are unable to attend the convention in August, please contact customer.service@creationent.com for refunds and assistance.

As for the guest list, 98% of creations guest lists are the exact same.  So I would feel confident in saying that the majority, if not all the guests will be the same.

After the show ends, people are going to take a gamble that Jared and/or Jensen might have to pull out regardless of anything related to the delay, but Jared, Jensen and Misha are confirmed for Nashville. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

According to the email I got if you can't make the new dates apparently creation will refund your money. 

As for the guest list, 98% of creations guest lists are the exact same.  So I would feel confident in saying that the majority, if not all the guests will be the same.

After the show ends, people are going to take a gamble that Jared and/or Jensen might have to pull out regardless of anything related to the delay, but Jared, Jensen and Misha are confirmed for Nashville. 

Glad to hear they are offering a refund for those who can't make the new date. They don't show that information on their website. Perhaps they feel like they don't have a choice under these circumstances.

Gonzosgirrl posted:

“Same verbage as above, with this photo. (My screencap is at work).

This was the last time we were all shooting together before #SPN production got shut down due to #coronavirus (and may be the last time we all film together, ever.) If you’re stuck home & need some friends, Supernatural is back on tonight. #StayHomeSaveLives

📸by Peter Hunter pic.twitter.com/4GfdPRVCAZ

— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) March 16, 2020”

Spoiler

I’m probably wrong but in that picture, aren’t “Dean” and “Sam” dressed (and coiffed 😀) the way they are in next week’s ep?  So it was just a random photo that he used and not one from the ep the were filming when the halt was called?

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Gonzosgirrl posted:

“Same verbage as above, with this photo. (My screencap is at work).

This was the last time we were all shooting together before #SPN production got shut down due to #coronavirus (and may be the last time we all film together, ever.) If you’re stuck home & need some friends, Supernatural is back on tonight. #StayHomeSaveLives

📸by Peter Hunter pic.twitter.com/4GfdPRVCAZ

— Misha Collins (@mishacollins) March 16, 2020”

Hide contents

I’m probably wrong but in that picture, aren’t “Dean” and “Sam” dressed (and coiffed 😀) the way they are in next week’s ep?  So it was just a random photo that he used and not one from the ep the were filming when the halt was called?

Spoiler

He was pretty specific that it was the last time they were all shooting together, so maybe they don't all four share scenes in the episode they were filming (either the end of 18 or the start of 19).

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's part of @Casseiopeia's post above, but I didn't realize that was only a screen cap of it. This is so sweet, and I love how many books are on their table.

I loved JJ playing with her necklace out of nervousness until it's down around her waist! 😂

That would have been me as a child!!

So cute. Great video.

I needed that. 🥰

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Jensen changed his profile pic on instagram.  But why did he add an astronaut?  Is he hinting at something or is he bored?  lol

I'm going with bored (or someone he knows with photoshop skills is bored, lol). The image lends itself to a space vibe (as in staring off into).

Gah, I would so love some solid news about his future. I'm guessing even if something is signed though, they are not going to make any announcements with all of entertainment in a kind of limbo right now.

• Love 5

It’s fascinating to me that neither Jensen or Jared have said anything about the shut down, at least that I’m aware of. I wonder if they’re waiting for a final decision about moving forward. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Second try I got Dean, and that's what I'm sticking with. Quarantine me for as long as possible, please.

The first go round was Adam, and nope, nope, no way in hell, no no NO! I refuse that diagnosis - went for a second opinion.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is fun...

This just made me realize how many characters I've come to dislike (or downright hate) in the past few years. I've tried this about 15 times, and my reaction was almost always "Ught" or "Bleh". Which, in many cases, it wouldn't have been a few years back.

• Love 1

After a gazillion tries, still no Dean. The best I managed beside the "urgh" picks were Jo and Ketch. Slim pickings.

edit: Ten more attempts and I'm grabbing my victory!Dean. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

I got Bela.  I wouldn't mind looking like her, but she's one of my least favorites.  I'll try again.

I got Gabriel and then decided to go with third time's the charm and I got Bela again.  

• LOL 1
On 3/18/2020 at 8:55 AM, ILoveReading said:

Jensen changed his profile pic on instagram.  But why did he add an astronaut?  Is he hinting at something or is he bored?  lol

Someone on Twitter suggested "Galaxy Brain."  I would guess bored.  

32 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

The first time I got Jack. Yuck! The second time I got Metatron. Yuck! Yuck! But the third time I got Dean!! Yea! Yea! Yea! Which only goes to show, the third time is the charm! 🙂

Not for me.  Though fifth try got me Cas, and sixth got me John Winchester.  I should probably quit while I'm ahead.