Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Well that guy just opened a can of worms. He's gonna get ripped to shreds by Jared fans. But at least he was smart enough to recognize that JP has done well on SPN, but it's also a little condescending with implying he s only gonna be worthwhile if he's in movies. Weird.

That Jared was good on TV but could be replaced by a mop in a movie.  The entire site is click-bait "10 things list" all over the place.  Why he picked on Jared I don't know.  

2 minutes ago, SueB said:

That Jared was good on TV but could be replaced by a mop in a movie.  The entire site is click-bait "10 things list" all over the place.  Why he picked on Jared I don't know.  

Ugh. Why do people have to be jerks? 

Thanks, @SueB!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SueB said:

Me neither. It's not like is a big star like 50 Cent or Ashton Kutcher. 

Jared has made several films.

Flight of the Phoenix, New York Minute, Friday the 13th, House of Wax, Christmas Cottage, Cry Wolf and Phantom Boy (voice).

So he's probably not the problem in the films in general it's the films he chose to be in.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Jared has made several films.

Flight of the Phoenix, New York Minute, Friday the 13th, House of Wax, Christmas Cottage, Cry Wolf and Phantom Boy (voice).

So he's probably not the problem in the films in general it's the films he chose to be in.

Considering that he did most of these films (except the voice in Phantom Boy) early in his career, he likely was taking whatever he could get at that time. Since his marriage and becoming a father, he seem much more interested in spending his time off at home rather than on a movie set. In any case, I read a few of the reviews of Friday the 13th and based on those, you are correct. Jared was fine, the movie, not so much.

It seems strange that he chose to criticize someone who hasn't done a movie in 8 years.

17 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

Considering that he did most of these films (except the voice in Phantom Boy) early in his career, he likely was taking whatever he could get at that time. Since his marriage and becoming a father, he seem much more interested in spending his time off at home rather than on a movie set. In any case, I read a few of the reviews of Friday the 13th and based on those, you are correct. Jared was fine, the movie, not so much.

It seems strange that he chose to criticize someone who hasn't done a movie in 8 years.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing Jared's choices. He just wanted roles.  I'm saying it's the movie themselves that turned out crappy which he wouldn't have know necessarily when he took the role.

29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not criticizing Jared's choices. He just wanted roles.  I'm saying it's the movie themselves that turned out crappy which he wouldn't have know necessarily when he took the role.

I realize you weren't criticizing. Many actors take less than desirable roles.

The funny thing about the Friday the 13th reviews that I read is that most said it wasn't a horrible movie. It just didn't break new ground. They felt like it was wasted potential.

My favorite part is the way Rob has gently laid his head on Jason's chest.  It's 12 kinds of adorable and if everyone didn't love him so much, they'd give him major crap for that.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

This is a stupid question; What is Jason Mann's connections to the cast? Is he a friend of someone's or did he do work on the show I don't know of and met them that way?

He is one of Jensen's best friends. They have known each  other since before Jensen was on Supernatural. His song was the one Dean didn't like that was on Sams iPod in Lazarus Rising. He's the one that convinced Jensen to sing with him at one of the cons. Best buds non Jared Division.

• Love 4

This is a stupid question; What is Jason Mann's connections to the cast? Is he a friend of someone's or did he do work on the show I don't know of and met them that way?

He is one of Jensen`s best friends and has been doing concert at Cons for a while now. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Jason's initial connection was via Jensen.  How he and Jensen met originally, I don't know.  But, as his friend, Jensen did some vocal work on one of Jason's album. And while Jason was in Europe, Jensen hung out with him during one of the JIBCons and sang at a convention for a small group.  Later Jensen had Jasons song be the "crap" playing on the iPod that Sam had installed while Dean was in hell (as a joke).  Since then, Jason and Jensen have had a few more collaborations and Jason started playing with the Loudain Swain (the convention house band with is led by Rob Benedict).  Jason will have his own panel from time to time now and mostly sings a bit.  In the last year or so, Rob, Rich, Jason and a couple of other guys (maybe one the LS guys I think) formed another band called "Station Break", which has one album. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

He is one of Jensen's best friends. They have known each  other since before Jensen was on Supernatural. His song was the one Dean didn't like that was on Sams iPod in Lazarus Rising. He's the one that convinced Jensen to sing with him at one of the cons. Best buds non Jared Division.

Thanks for the explanation :D . 

Edit: Thanks also to @Aeryn13 and @SueB

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 1

Man, Jared looks tired. Jensen, too, but that's to be expected. That hat looks like it's there as an ad hoc fix to a problem. I vote either a cold snap or a terrible hair day.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Man, Jared looks tired. Jensen, too, but that's to be expected. That hat looks like it's there as an ad hoc fix to a problem. I vote either a cold snap or a terrible hair day.

LOL I'll take those head canons.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:
I never thought I'd see the day when I disapproved of one of Jensen's looks, but that hat....does not work on him.  Maybe it's the camera angle. 

Who are you and what have you done with @catrox14?

• Love 2

Huh. This is kind of interesting.

Jensen only follows 25 people on Twitter.  It's other SPN cast members and some of his other friends and businesses. Now he's following Justin Hartley (This Is Us, Smallville)  and Hartley is following him.  I just find that really curious.

Honest to Gods, if Jensen ever had a chance to be on This Is Us that would be amazing.

• Love 2

Almost spent the day driving to the show, but decided to stay home with a sick kid.  Thank you, StageIt.  Saw the whole thing.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Huh. This is kind of interesting.

Jensen only follows 25 people on Twitter.  It's other SPN cast members and some of his other friends and businesses. Now he's following Justin Hartley (This Is Us, Smallville)  and Hartley is following him.  I just find that really curious.

Honest to Gods, if Jensen ever had a chance to be on This Is Us that would be amazing.

While I'd love that to happen, the more likely scenario is they're both members of a secret society of perfect human specimens.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, sarthaz said:

Almost spent the day driving to the show, but decided to stay home with a sick kid.  Thank you, StageIt.  Saw the whole thing.

While I'd love that to happen, the more likely scenario is they're both members of a secret society of perfect human specimens.

HA! Seriously.  I've always thought they could play brothers.

• Love 2

Jensen at SNS -- looks like that hat is Rob Benedict's

- Tennessee Whiskey (Jason Mann, Jensen Ackles, Rob Benedict)
- Whipping Post (Jensen)
- Happy Birthday (everybody but Jensen)
- Wagon Wheel (Quattro Formaggio -- aka -- Jason, Jensen, Rob, and Richard Speight Jr)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

What is going on with Jared?  He seems high. Is it excitement about baby on the way?  Jensen can't get a word in edgewise. People are asking Jensen  questions just to hear his voice.   

I was kind of wondering what was up with Jared myself. It was ...odd.

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

What is going on with Jared?  He seems high. Is it excitement about baby on the way?  Jensen can't get a word in edgewise. People are asking Jensen  questions just to hear his voice.   

Since they've come back from holiday break, both boys are almost giddy.  They got S13 pickup, they get motivation at Cons, they are just enjoying life right now IMO.  I don't think I've ever seen them talk so much off-questions as they are doing (except at JIBCON, which I attribute partially to copious 'apple juice', vacation buzz, and less rules).

I do think Jared is in manic puppy mode a bit with the pending birth of a daughter.  He's big, she'll be tiny. I suspect he's afraid.  Yes, IF that is the case, it's an inherent gender-bias from growing up in Texas. But Jared does not show gender-bias in his conversations or interactions with people.  Still, he's a more complex man than what we see -- as is Jensen.  

But life is pretty good for J2 right now.  They have growing families, steady jobs, expanding financial interests, and a fanbase that they LOVE.  And they appreciate it all.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SueB said:

ince they've come back from holiday break, both boys are almost giddy.  They got S13 pickup, they get motivation at Cons, they are just enjoying life right now IMO.  I don't think I've ever seen them talk so much off-questions as they are doing (except at JIBCON, which I attribute partially to copious 'apple juice', vacation buzz, and less rules).

Yeah but just not letting Jensen answer a question....is a bit much. He usually will rein himself in.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I've had a theory for a few years now that Jared might suffer from Bipolar Disorder. Watching that first video made me very sad.

• Love 2

There were a few posts on tumblr based on things Jared himself said that he was back to high anxiety due to baby and work and seeing his shrink twice a week. Personally, I think he is too open with people but I guess that's just the way he is.

Now after watching the second video I'm even sadder. It feels like I'm watching a guy struggling with mental illness, not a guy just loving his life. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the con videos recently. They somehow feel intrusive and icky to me lately. 

TBH, I'm a little bit worried about Jared. I'm sure it's due to the stress of the new baby and all the traveling and such, but I'm not sure Jared is in a good place right now. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Now after watching the second video I'm even sadder. It feels like I'm watching a guy struggling with mental illness, not a guy just loving his life. This is one of the reasons I stopped watching the con videos recently. They somehow feel intrusive and icky to me lately. 

TBH, I'm a little bit worried about Jared. I'm sure it's due to the stress of the new baby and all the traveling and such, but I'm not sure Jared is in a good place right now. 

I so often just find myself wanting to give Jared a massive hug! 

• Love 1

I understand that they don't like to disappoint their fans, and that these cons are also a big revenue source for them, but considering their schedules, I do wonder why they continue to do so many of them.  I suppose it's a matter of striking while the iron is hot because this ride won't last forever for them, but taking off the occasional weekend here or there wouldn't hurt.  Especially since they both have or will have new babies.  They're gone all week, and then on con weekends, they barely make it home for a day or so, if at all.  It has to be hard on their families and relationships.  I know they can afford to hire someone to help their wives with the children, but it's still not the same as having your husband/father home.  The money is a tradeoff I'm not sure I'd be willing to make.

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I understand that they don't like to disappoint their fans, and that these cons are also a big revenue source for them, but considering their schedules, I do wonder why they continue to do so many of them.  I suppose it's a matter of striking while the iron is hot because this ride won't last forever for them, but taking off the occasional weekend here or there wouldn't hurt.  Especially since they both have or will have new babies.  They're gone all week, and then on con weekends, they barely make it home for a day or so, if at all.  It has to be hard on their families and relationships.  I know they can afford to hire someone to help their wives with the children, but it's still not the same as having your husband/father home.  The money is a tradeoff I'm not sure I'd be willing to make.

I think they've got an every-other weekend approach.  It's hard but as someone who travels a metric shit-ton a year, I can also understand it.  When you are weekly one foot in/one foot out, damn it's hard.  I made that version of life work for many years as well.  I think they generally synch it up with the work schedule.  Many times you'll hear them talk about working a late "Fraturday" and finishing mid-Saturday the day before a convention.  I'm not sure they have a late Fraturday every week, especially now that they have Misha/Mark as regulars.  I think they get (potentially) at least one or two off a month.  So, honestly, they may function better at a convention where there are people moving them from place to place then trying to switch back into husband/dad mode when they are tired. 

At this point, however, they are in the home stretch of filming.  They are scheduled to film until April 29th.  Jared's baby is due late March.  I get why he's feeling pressure.  They've got one more convention in Seattle in April (which is Vancouver-adjacent) and then it's UK/Italy/Aus in May after they stop filming.  

But you're right, this is a brutal schedule -- I can just understand it a bit as a road warrior myself (I commute to LA from DC 2-3 weeks out of the month). Of course my children are getting MARRIED this year (note, the caps on 'married' is a sign of my increasing anxiety... daughter in May, son in June.... because they COULD.... yes, these are my children....) 

OTOH, if it's too much, they'll change their contract with Creation in 2018.    

• Love 2

Jared has talked about how he'd like to just focus on being a husband and father after Supernatural ends.  I do wonder how much pressure it puts on Jared and Jensen to keep going with the show knowing so many people depend on them for their jobs.  In some ways, having such a close and long-term crew might be a disadvantage.