Geenee
  • Start Topic

88c87ed56559b95d_ar30_cody_jessica_800x1

Name: Cody Nickson

Instagram: @codythemarine
Twitter: @codythemarine

Hometown: Plano, Texas

Current occupation: Unemployed

Describe what you do: I was in the Air Force and Marine Corps, and then moved onto a Sales Job and college, but I just did Big Brother.

Three words to describe you: Passionate, stubborn, and honest.

Favorite hobbies: Motorcycle riding, surfing, and going out to eat.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Becoming a Marine.

What scares you most about traveling?
Nothing.

What excites you most about traveling?
I never got to travel outside the country, besides with the military.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why? 
China. It's a culture I've never experienced.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
I fell in love with Jess on Big Brother and we made an incredible team. I want to compete with her by my side again.

Name: Jessica Graf

Instagram: @thejessicagraf
Twitter: @thejessicagraf

Hometown: Los Angeles
Current occupation: Unemployed

Three words to describe you: Loyal, honest, and outrageous.

Favorite hobbies: Yoga, hiking, and boxing.

What is the accomplishment you are most proud of?
Getting through seven weeks of hell on Big Brother.

What scares you most about traveling?
Getting lost.

What excites you most about traveling?
Seeing the world.

What country and place would you most like to visit and why?
Bora Bora. I would love to go for vacation.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the race (other than winning $1 million)?
Be able to release our competitive side.

1 hour ago, RandomWatcher said:

Jessica has good intuition? If that was the case, she would have taken Ramses down.

Not that I don't blame Jessica for that mess, too, but I've always blamed Cody so much more for it.

Anyway, now that they're away from fucking Paul Abrahamian, I hope they do very well.  At the very least, they'll be in a much nicer, friendlier environment, and Cody can really put his military skills to use here.

• Love 5
On 12/7/2017 at 7:36 PM, RandomWatcher said:

Jessica has good intuition? If that was the case, she would have taken Ramses down.

Perhaps the Marine meant in comparison to his lack thereof ~

• Love 1

From the Ratings & Scheduling thread:

8 hours ago, green said:

They weren't "charges" made by other people.  They were bigoted words out of his own mouth and recorded on the live feeds.  For example he stated that he wanted all transgender people banned from the military before a certain other person wanted them banned.  He despises them and uses the term for them that they find the equivalent of the N word.

I do think Cody has prejudice toward transgender people for sure, but I remember this discussion going on during BB19 that provided some more perspective, in that Cody grew up in a very different environment than most of us probably have. Cody isn't a perfect individual and he's said some bad stuff in his season, but he surprisingly wasn't the worst offender. From what other people have said when this issue was going on, some people in the military share the same viewpoint as Cody. Maybe even growing up in a small town, it didn't allow for Cody to see differing viewpoints. Unfortunately, it's not an uncommon thing and with transgender issues, sadly and very unfortunately, only becoming prevalent in the media in the last decade (I know the issue has been around a lot longer, but it hasn't been talked about until the last 10-15 years, if that), not everyone will have the material readily available to see the other viewpoints. 

Also, I don't share his views and don't agree with his political affiliations, but I'm not watching reality TV for that stuff. From what I saw from Cody on the live feeds, I liked him. He shared a lot of my game views and was a different type of stereotype that reality TV usually doesn't cast for. He was still nice to the people that he liked and he stood up for them. He's not the most stand-up guy, but he wasn't some despicable bully either. Sadly, in terms of his particular season, that made him more enjoyable to watch. 

Plus, I think with TAR being edited, we will get the better side to Cody and Jess, no matter how long they stick around. They're both fierce competitors. Cody, in particular, did very well in many of the competitions, both physical and mental. 

It's ok to not like Cody. I thought I'd dislike him too, but I ended up enjoying his personality quite a bit. 

• Love 6

I think he has a pretty typically upbringing and small town America isn't something from the 1930's anymore.  It is no different than any other place these days.  They have stuff like TV and the internet and even malls there too, gasp.  And I don't give a damn if other people in the military share his prejudice.  I hate a bigot's actions being rationalized away and it is wrong and plenty of people in the military do NOT share it.

I'm tired of the he can't help it it was the way he was raised excuse for explaining away someone's bigotry.  Other people are raised that way and don't turn out to be creeps like Cody.

Also I forgot to add that had he not been so stupid in week one and ended up in a position of power instead of Paul he would have been just as bad.  He was bullying people right and left as well.  The fact that he was so stupid and put himself in a position of no power for the rest of the game saved him from the weekly bully edit but he had it going early on before he screwed things up by wanting to be the total dictator of his early alliance.

Sorry but a bigot and a bully both is totally toxic to me.

Edited by green
  • Love 7

OFFS... I thought I was done with these two ugly examples of human beings.

I'm not going to allow myself to get off on a rant about how these two treated others but for those that don't know it was a lot of bullying and 'shaming' and claiming superiority over others. They would have been my last choice for a team, somewhere behind a Trump-Putin team.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

OFFS... I thought I was done with these two ugly examples of human beings.

I'm not going to allow myself to get off on a rant about how these two treated others but for those that don't know it was a lot of bullying and 'shaming' and claiming superiority over others. They would have been my last choice for a team, somewhere behind a Trump-Putin team.

Did you watch live feeds? It's wasn't them that was the problem. It wasn't them that caused such an internet outrage of viewers/alumni reactions that it caused production to call the houseguests in one-by-one and tell them to stop. 

• Love 7
On 12/15/2017 at 7:58 AM, Wings said:

They were cast at the very last minute almost.  There was speculation they may have had to remove a team to make room for them.  Seems they were asked to get viewers.  

I remember the interview I read with them said they were asked if they wanted to participate, and after saying yes, were told they were leaving in 14 days. Guaranteed someone got scrapped. There's no way production doesn't have their cast locked down 14 days before Go. So that's a shame that another 'normal' team wasn't able to participate. I'm willing to give these two a chance. As a non BB viewer, this has to be better than Brendan and Rachel, right?

Edited by TheRabbi
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, TheRabbi said:

I remember the interview I read with them said they were asked if they wanted to participate, and after saying yes, were told they were leaving in 14 days. Guaranteed someone got scrapped. There's no way production doesn't have their cast locked down 14 days before Go. So that's a shame that another 'normal' team wasn't able to participate. I' willing to give these two a chance. As a non BB viewer, this has to be better than Brendan and Rachel, right?

I was really hoping that they had just replaced a team that had to drop out at the last minute. I guess I'm still hoping for that, because I'd hate for another team to have gotten shafted for Cody/Jess, even as a fan of them. If the latter is true, I'd hate it but I also hope that team is guaranteed a spot if the show gets to season 31. 

As for your latter question, I think they'll be better than Brendon/Rachel, mostly because Rachel was very, very high maintenance, and Brendon could be a handful himself. Jessica is high maintenance, but not as overdramatic as Rachel, and Cody is mostly indifferent and couldn't care less about stuff. So they might be an issue, but in different ways. On Big Brother, the two tended to keep to themselves for most of the time they were in the house and only participated in a few fights; the rest of the time, they ignored everyone and did their own thing. So who knows how they'll be in this much different setting. I mean, Big Brother had them trapped in a small area for weeks without much to do besides three competitions a week, while TAR is very much on the go and moving to different places quickly. So I'm being open-minded about how they might react differently on here compared to BB.

• Love 1

There's no way production doesn't have their cast locked down 14 days before Go. So that's a shame that another 'normal' team wasn't able to participate.

I would imagine, though, that if they replaced some other team, it was probably another young dating couple similar to them. We have the same basic combination of "types" every season, so they are simply filling a role some other similar couple would have filled.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I would imagine, though, that if they replaced some other team, it was probably another young dating couple similar to them. We have the same basic combination of "types" every season, so they are simply filling a role some other similar couple would have filled.

Right, there's a distinct shortage of M/F teams this season - three, just like the number of F/Fs, versus five M/Ms - and all of them just happen to have the same relationship.

I like them. I didn't watch their season of Big Brother (I actually gave up on the US version some time ago), but Cody doesn't seem to be nearly as big a jerk as I expected him to be based upon what I'd heard about him.  Time will tell, however.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

I like them. I didn't watch their season of Big Brother (I actually gave up on the US version some time ago), but Cody doesn't seem to be nearly as big a jerk as I expected him to be based upon what I'd heard about him.  Time will tell, however.

That is only because they can "edit" Cody on TAR unlike the live stream feeds of BB.

• Love 1

I imagine any 'bumped' team was told they'd get on next year.  It may well have been some team's own logistical issues that occurred at the last minute.  Shit happens. 

I'm glad Jess and Cody are on.  As it is, this show is pretty much an afterthought for us.  May as well have someone we've heard of and know we've enjoyed watching in the past.  And no, I don't care what anyone said on BB live feeds.  I'm not marrying any of these people, it's a tv show.  

17 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I imagine any 'bumped' team was told they'd get on next year.  It may well have been some team's own logistical issues that occurred at the last minute.  Shit happens. 

I'm glad Jess and Cody are on.  As it is, this show is pretty much an afterthought for us.  May as well have someone we've heard of and know we've enjoyed watching in the past.  And no, I don't care what anyone said on BB live feeds.  I'm not marrying any of these people, it's a tv show.  

I doubt any bumped team was told they could get on next season.  That stuff never happens.

And that some team had logistic issues anyway?  Just no.  This was a CBS (Mooves) decision pure and simple.  The other team got screwed and that is that.  They will never get a chance to race ever is more the safe assumption.  Mooves doesn't care a fig if they got their dream crushed.  They are nothing to him.

1 hour ago, green said:

I doubt any bumped team was told they could get on next season.  That stuff never happens.

And that some team had logistic issues anyway?  Just no.  This was a CBS (Mooves) decision pure and simple.  The other team got screwed and that is that.  They will never get a chance to race ever is more the safe assumption.  Mooves doesn't care a fig if they got their dream crushed.  They are nothing to him.

There have been players who have been bumped from Survivor who have been brought back to play. I am thinking of one woman who was suppose to be on Blood vs Water season and her sister was deemed not able to play. I have no idea about the Amazing Race but Survivor is a CBS show and has brought back people who were bumped for some reason. On the Amazing Race we saw them team up Mallory with what's his face when his partner got sick and couldn't race. They went to pretty great lengths to keep him on the show. I would imagine that a team that was fully vetted and ready to go would be one that they would be willing to use in another season. It is clear that this decision was made by the higher ups at CBS. I don't blame Jessica and Cody for taking advantage of the opportunity that they were presented with. Hopefully the bumped team is able to race in the future.

• Love 6
On 12/27/2017 at 1:44 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I was really hoping that they had just replaced a team that had to drop out at the last minute. I guess I'm still hoping for that, because I'd hate for another team to have gotten shafted for Cody/Jess, even as a fan of them. If the latter is true, I'd hate it but I also hope that team is guaranteed a spot if the show gets to season 31. 

As for your latter question, I think they'll be better than Brendon/Rachel, mostly because Rachel was very, very high maintenance, and Brendon could be a handful himself. Jessica is high maintenance, but not as overdramatic as Rachel, and Cody is mostly indifferent and couldn't care less about stuff. So they might be an issue, but in different ways. On Big Brother, the two tended to keep to themselves for most of the time they were in the house and only participated in a few fights; the rest of the time, they ignored everyone and did their own thing. So who knows how they'll be in this much different setting. I mean, Big Brother had them trapped in a small area for weeks without much to do besides three competitions a week, while TAR is very much on the go and moving to different places quickly. So I'm being open-minded about how they might react differently on here compared to BB.

That's true, because Jessica doesn't strike me as over the top/melodramatic like Rachel was, and thankfully doesn't have that laugh that makes your ears bleed, so that's a definite improvement over Rachel. And Cody seems to be less hotheaded and more able to keep his cool under pressure than Brendon was. Now let's see if those two can be the first CBS crossover team to win a season, because the best any of those teams has done in an individual season is 2nd place. 

2 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Very few people who supported Cody during Big Brother think that he is a saint or an angel. Most people think he played a crappy game and said some crappy things. At the same time, he didn't get rattled by the harassment that was throwing his way by Paul and his minions, which was impressive.

There are those who see Cody as a hero because of his time in uniform. He volunteered to serve his country and served in a war in order to honor that commitment. Agree or disagree over what he is fighting for, Cody did not have a say in those issues. He enlisted, was trained and went were he was told to go. He did his job and risked his life. That makes him a hero in many peoples eyes.

He made those comments early on in the feeds. Jessica called him on it. He said something stupid, Jessica called him on that and he shut up. Later Jessica flat out told him that she had a good number of gay friends, I don't know if she specified trans friends or not, and that he would have to accept them and be kind to them or he could not be with her.

If I remember correctly, Cody got out of the house and then doubled down on the same transphobic comments in his exit interviews.  Then I stopped paying attention to him hoping he would float away into oblivion.  But alas, here we are and he's taking up space on a show I normally like to watch.

I also get annoyed that people gloss over his gross Ferguson comments/behavior because that is just as bad as the transphobia.  It's the epitome of being privileged and ignorant and I refuse to make excuses for grown men who should know enough not to be at this point.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 4

I just want to know what their next get rich scheme will be. LOL!!! They’ve done BB & AR. Of course, they could win this season so that would be a nice chunk of change. I know Jessica was a waitress of some sort. I doubt she’d go back to that. I guess Cody is retired from the military, right? I’m sure he saved and will have a pension. I know they have videos out about the race but I don’t think they actually work for a living. I guess it’s a good gig if you can get it. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, scrb said:

What is the deal with him being a vet of the Air Force and the Marines?

He enlisted for one, served out his obligation, and enlisted with another one?

That’s actually not unusual. When I was going through Bootcamp there were several other recruits who had served other branches first. 

15 hours ago, scrb said:

What is the deal with him being a vet of the Air Force and the Marines?

He enlisted for one, served out his obligation, and enlisted with another one?

I know a good number of folks who did just that. They enlisted with one organization and decided that they wanted more of an opportunity to be on the front lines. The best place to go if you are interested in actually fighting is the Marines. It does mean going through boot camp twice but it is not all that unusual. I also know people who were in the Marines and choose to change services because there were more specialized opportunities in the Navy or the Army. Interestingly enough, the Marines who changed services did not have to go through boot camp a second time.

14 hours ago, spanana said:

If I remember correctly, Cody got out of the house and then doubled down on the same transphobic comments in his exit interviews.  Then I stopped paying attention to him hoping he would float away into oblivion.  But alas, here we are and he's taking up space on a show I normally like to watch.

I also get annoyed that people gloss over his gross Ferguson comments/behavior because that is just as bad as the transphobia.  It's the epitome of being privileged and ignorant and I refuse to make excuses for grown men who should know enough not to be at this point.

I don't remember Cody doubling down on his comments in exit interviews. I remember him questioning the treatment Paul received and calling the Producers on the friendship bracelet crap and the three weeks of safety. I remember the initial outrage at the transgender comments and the posted videos. I remember that happening once. I remember the conversations Jessica had with Cody where she told him about her Gay friends and how he was going to have to deal if they were dating after the show. No idea what the hell was going through his mind regarding Ferguson. It sounds beyond stupid and ignorant.

I also know that he did not participate in the bullying in the house. He was cold and very blunt in what he said, which has its own problems, but he did not target people regarding their personal lives or issues that they might have. He blew up once when Paul was being mildly disrespectful to Jessica but he never fell for the bait when he was targeted for harassment. He showed a huge amount of maturity in not beating the crap out of Paul and his minions with the stuff they were saying about Cody's service, he daughter and any number of personal areas. Mark blew up a few times and nearly got into it physically with Josh but Cody kept his head. Cody actually stepped in and removed Jessica and Mark from some volatile situations. His behavior was impressive.

I know that Jessica and Cody are still together to this day. Jessica has met his daughter and the two appear to be happy. That tells me that Cody is hanging out with Jessica and her friends, her Gay friends, her Trans friends and her friends who are of different races. So either he has learned the value of keeping ignorant views to himself or he has realized that his words were stupid and that people are people regardless of their sexuality or how they view themselves. Jessica might see a possible cash cow from the showmance but I doubt that she would be with him if he was regularly spouting off homophobic comments.

14 hours ago, ByaNose said:

just want to know what their next get rich scheme will be. LOL!!! They’ve done BB & AR. Of course, they could win this season so that would be a nice chunk of change. I know Jessica was a waitress of some sort. I doubt she’d go back to that. I guess Cody is retired from the military, right? I’m sure he saved and will have a pension. I know they have videos out about the race but I don’t think they actually work for a living. I guess it’s a good gig if you can get it. 

Jessica and Cody have a YouTube channel that they are heavily promoting.  I am sure that they are looking to make some money that way. I don't believe Cody retired from the military, that requires 20 years of service or a serious injury requiring medical retirement. He is too young to have served 20 years and there is no indication (ie CBS has not hyped) any serious injury that would allow for a medical retirement. He served his terms of enlistment and probably was honorably discharged. It is possible that he is in the Active Reserves and accruing service time that will eventually count towards retirement but as of now, he does not have retirement pay. He probably has some type of disability pay. I don't know anyone who served in one of the war zones who does not have some legit disability, mainly messed up knees, shoulders, backs and that type of thing. It does not sound like he was injured but he could very well have some type of PTSD from what he saw and we just have not heard about it.

Jessica had a job that paid well before her time in the Big Brother house. I have no idea what it was, it sounded like she was a model of some sort associated with high end bars and the like. A hostess of some sort. Cody had a job selling stuff but was barely getting by. I suspect that the stipends from Big Brother were more money then Cody made and he is able to live off that for a bit. I would hope that someone is working with him to sell his job skills from the military in an effective way, that is more challenging then you would think, but for right now he is probably making money off their YouTube channel and I would suspect appearance fees for any event he might attend with Jessica.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Interestingly enough, the Marines who changed services did not have to go through boot camp a second time.

There was at least one Marine repeating bootcamp when I was went through for the Coast Guard.

I have a Jessica & Cody update. They are appearing on 2 episodes of The Bold & The Beautiful. Yup! They aren't going to work in the real world anytime soon. LOL!!! Like, I said before. It's a good gig if you can get it. You might as well take advantage of all of the opportunities that are being offered. They might not last very long. They ain't gonna get rich with their under fives on B&B but it might pay a months rent.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

Jessica and Cody have a YouTube channel that they are heavily promoting.  I am sure that they are looking to make some money that way. I don't believe Cody retired from the military, that requires 20 years of service or a serious injury requiring medical retirement. He is too young to have served 20 years and there is no indication (ie CBS has not hyped) any serious injury that would allow for a medical retirement. He served his terms of enlistment and probably was honorably discharged. It is possible that he is in the Active Reserves and accruing service time that will eventually count towards retirement but as of now, he does not have retirement pay. He probably has some type of disability pay. I don't know anyone who served in one of the war zones who does not have some legit disability, mainly messed up knees, shoulders, backs and that type of thing. It does not sound like he was injured but he could very well have some type of PTSD from what he saw and we just have not heard about it.

I'm definitely thinking that Cody is dealing with some unresolved PTSD, which is understandable when you not only consider the toll military service can take on him, but the family tragedy he had to deal with while serving in Afghanistan. That being said, I did admire him for showing far more restraint than I ever would have in the same situation, because I know I'm not the only one who would've eventually decked  Paul for running his mouth too much. 

• Love 1

Cody was my favorite on Big Brother.  I was so glad he won America's Favorite Player on the finale.  I sure sent a lot of votes his way.  Good luck to him and Jessica in their lives together.  They obviously care for each other a great deal.  

• Love 5

I asked my BB-addicted friend to give me the bullet on C&J as the season of TAR started and he answered with one word: polarizing. Seems like he nailed it.  :) 

Edited by bref
  • Love 1
On 1/20/2018 at 7:48 PM, bref said:

I asked my BB-addicted friend to give me the bullet on C&J as the season of TAR started and he answered with one word: polarizing. Seems like he nailed it.  :) 

Polarizing for sure, because he did say some very questionable/un PC things, but he also kept his composure when everyone else was trying to get him so worked up that he'd eventually snap and be expelled from the game for physical violence, so I'd say it kind of evens out.

• Love 3
On 1/19/2018 at 7:41 AM, ProfCrash said:

I don't remember Cody doubling down on his comments in exit interviews. I remember him questioning the treatment Paul received and calling the Producers on the friendship bracelet crap and the three weeks of safety. I remember the initial outrage at the transgender comments and the posted videos. I remember that happening once. I remember the conversations Jessica had with Cody where she told him about her Gay friends and how he was going to have to deal if they were dating after the show. No idea what the hell was going through his mind regarding Ferguson. It sounds beyond stupid and ignorant.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/big-brother-19-cody-unapologetic-about-anti-trans?bffblgbt&utm_term=.vt30aAVndl#.leVER4Oydo

Well here he is being happy about Trump's proposed ban on trans people in the military.  Saying that if people with an arched foot can't get in, then a trans person shouldn't get in.  So charming.

Then when asked about the comments he made during the season and Jessica tries to defend him by saying the comments were out of ignorance and his views would change if he met anyone that was transgender, Cody dismissed it and basically just said people will love or hate him and he doesn't care.  So no apology for his comments. Never saying his comments were wrong or misguided and when Jess even tried to give him an out he dismissed it. So again, charming.

He also doesn't believe in dinosaurs or global warming.  So he's not just transphobic and racist, he's also dumb as hell and doesn't believe in science.  But I guess as long as he's hot and has a kid...

• Love 8

I laughed when Cody said that he'd never move to France because they don't have the Constitution or Bill of Rights. That's who Cody is to a T. Go 'Murica.  Jessica recently said on an Instagram story that Cody waked up each morning and listens to Rush Limbaugh.... To each their own, but Jessica seems pretty liberal in her thinking at least socially, but I guess love is blind!

I have enjoyed seeing Cody out in the world, he still have his stoicism but it is nice to see him smile once and a while!

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, willgracefan said:

I laughed when Cody said that he'd never move to France because they don't have the Constitution or Bill of Rights. That's who Cody is to a T. Go 'Murica.  Jessica recently said on an Instagram story that Cody waked up each morning and listens to Rush Limbaugh.... To each their own, but Jessica seems pretty liberal in her thinking at least socially, but I guess love is blind!

I have enjoyed seeing Cody out in the world, he still have his stoicism but it is nice to see him smile once and a while!

My Mom is a liberal and my Dad very conservative. They have been married for 54 years and the political debates in our house were pretty impressively raucous. Go figure. My Dad also lectured me when I was in my 20's when I recited the more Conservative Catholic Churches line on homosexuality. His statements made me rethink mine and I changed my view point over time.  I grew up understanding that there are many shades of folks, with many different points of views and that folks ideas will change (sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse) so to judge the whole person.

I know plenty of Cody's and they are confusing. They say ignorant, bullshit stuff but they would die to defend the Constitution and the folks that they say stupid ignorant things about. I know how they care for their families and friends. I call them on their BS and debate politics with them. We rarely agree but most of them are far easier to discuss politics with because they are fine with my disagreeing with them. My life would be far to boring if I only cared for people who see the world the way I do. I would have to disown half my family and a fair number of friends. Hell, I would have to disown my 20 year old self.

Cody is ignorant and willfully uneducated in areas. He also is hella supportive of Jessica, who is almost his polar opposite. He has been respectful to the people he has interacted with. He took the time to learn Arabic when was in deployed, most people don't. He is self aware enough to know that not everyone will agree with his beliefs and seems to be ok with the idea that he does not have to make everyone happy. He loves his daughter and did his best to protect her on Big Brother (he went out of his way to not discuss having a child because he did not want to use her as part of the game).

• Love 7

He said something about France not having a Constitution or the Bill of Rights?

She might have asked something like can you live here (France) and that seemed to be his answer.

On 1/28/2018 at 11:49 AM, PreBabylonia said:

I also found Jessica pretty obnoxious on BB, although she did come across as intelligent and on to Paul way before anyone else was. She was also petty and threw in her own racially tinged comments about an Asian woman that intrigued Cody. So I find both of them somewhat complex, with more positives and negatives that aren't usually apparent on reality shows. I am fine with them going far, but I really don't want them to win. And I think they should take their reality show earnings and use them to train for a real job. Kudos for being honest on their profiles though, and actually admitting to being unemployed.

Yeah. Jessica was pretty intelligent when it came to BB, with her main flaw being that she let Cody talk her out of making strategic decisions that would've saved them both. Hopefully this doesn't become a theme in the race, with Jessica giving solid advice and Cody ignoring it because only he knows best.