Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: Champs vs Stars: Parkour All Obstacles

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Champs in Review: They started with ten. Camila did Camila, and she was booted. Nine. They beat the Stars, but they had to send somebody to elimination, and Cory lost. Eight. This week: Jenna twists her ankle, Ashley's father is reaching his end, and CT is stomping on TO's berserk button. Conceivably, they could be out half the team by the middle of next week's episode.

Nice mission, though the part where Jenna hurting herself sucked. Cheap mission to set up, and everybody got to run around like maniacs. Well, except for Riff, who . . . what was he doing?

Really, really hoping CT and TO face off, preferably next week.

Thank you, MTV, for reminding us about Knight's passing. Also, to be reminded that Knight wasn't in the best of shape in BOTE2.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't worship football players like the rest of the U.S., so TO can kiss my ass.  I knew CT still had that temper - not that I blame him here.

There aren't many football fans who worship TO. He's regarded as one of the biggest douches in NFL history. If anyone else had his stats, they'd be a surefire first ballot Hall of Famer, but TO has been snubbed twice already due to his many controversies.

CT didn't handle the situation the best, but I still enjoyed him going after TO.

Otherwise, the season is a complete trainwreck. I'm ambivalent about Jenna, but it was sad to see her challenge career end in this episode.

Poor Ashley.

• Love 8

What I think is interesting is that though the cry-face was childish and annoying and was the spark for CT to go off, CT actually seemed most upset about how he said something nice and goodsportsmanlike before the challenge to TO and TO was just rude back.  His kind words then were emblematic of new, jovial, Dadbod CT and that persona (which I like) was rejected and I think that's what hurt!  

Poor Ashley and Jenna; I've come down crunch on an ankle and probably chipped something but thought it was just a bad sprain (college student, what did I know) and it's never been the same.  Not from quite that high though!  About half that high.  But I don't think it was Shawn's fault and I'm sorry she was blaming herself.  

I like how Wes makes friends of the other team on these things.  He was so nice to (I forget who, one of the women) on the first one of these.  

ETA:  LOL at Mike's faces during the CT/TO argument.  He did not know what to do there!

Edited by Jobiska
  • Love 11

TO has long been known as an a-hole and a self centered jerk.  He was a cancer in every locker room for every team he played for. So his actions are no surprise.  I think everyone hoped he would be like Kam Wimbley from the last Challenge who CT even hugged after their battle but that is not TO.  TO only cares about TO.

• Love 2

I forget how much I absolutely hate TO. I loved CT going after him but I don't think CT came across all that well in the end. Lol at Johnny and Wes saying that TO has no idea who he is messing with.

Mike was eating this crap up. He looked like he loved the the too. May there is like a secret bonus or something if you can start some major drama. CT has been very chill in these challenges but maybe the other person was right and CT was hurt by TO being such a dick.

Poor Jenna hope she gets better. This is like her job so don't know what she will do if she can't compete anymore. And this is in no way Shawn's fault no one made Jenna jump. It's not like she pushed her.

I don't know what I would do if I was in Ashley's position. That is heart breaking. 

Aw Wes and Romeo broing out was cute. I wish we got nice things like this on the regular challenges and not hours of drunk drama.

• Love 8

The ankle injury was very bad. She still is not walking without assistance yet. I would hope she doesn't do any more challenges because as someone who has had multiple ankle injuries it is very easy to repeat the fracture or sprain once it happens to you badly.  I broke my ankle 2 weeks before my wedding and had to walk down the aisle in a walking boot 20 years ago and I still have bone fragments lodged in my tendons that could shred them if i were to injure it again. I have since gotten multiple sprains on said ankle but thankfully no more damage has been done but it still aches and hurts at times depending on the weather. I wouldn't even consider doing those challenges in her shoes.

CT is also a well known ahole despite the good edit MTV has given him recently.  I mean there is no doubt he has changed on some level and is much calmer and well behaved overall, but multiple people have said he is still very aggressive and intimidating to the other challengers but MTV just doesn't show it.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thought that CT was riling TO up on purpose to get him to hit him and then get kicked off the show? I feel like if it was truly the CT of the past (circa Duel 2) he would have gotten in TO's face by now, and possibly even hit him. To me the fact that CT stayed sitting, and the fact that nobody from the Champs team intervened makes me think that some of them might have been in on it with him. I feel like CT pinpointed TO's lack of sportsmanship as a weakness and is using it to his advantage, since TO is clearly the most threatening member of the Stars team size-wise.

• Love 4

I reckon TO and CT are past their peaks, and a showdown wouldn't be as epic as we (and BMP) would want it. That said, here's a tweet from our good friend Cohutta, as I saw it on Facebook: "@TheOfficialCT has a bearskin rug in his living room. The bear isn't dead..he's just afraid to move. Get em' son." It's not on Hutty's Twitter feed, so either it was private or he took it down. It did make me laugh, though.

2 hours ago, Jobiska said:

ETA:  LOL at Mike's faces during the CT/TO argument.  He did not know what to do there!

Probably edited in. I'm not doubting that Mike would be amused, even moreso than St. Teege, but BMP probably spliced in "reactions." My favorite "Mike-as-bystander" moment: The time Katie almost murdered Veronica, you can see Mike in the hall cracking the hell up. Good times.

• Love 5

Based on the social media comments by the champs that were there, pretty much everyone was on CT's side and felt he had nothing to fear from TO.  The screenshot of Zach looking up at TO in amusement when he was standing over CT says it all.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, maryqmax said:

Am I the only one who thought that CT was riling TO up on purpose to get him to hit him and then get kicked off the show? I feel like if it was truly the CT of the past (circa Duel 2) he would have gotten in TO's face by now, and possibly even hit him. To me the fact that CT stayed sitting, and the fact that nobody from the Champs team intervened makes me think that some of them might have been in on it with him. I feel like CT pinpointed TO's lack of sportsmanship as a weakness and is using it to his advantage, since TO is clearly the most threatening member of the Stars team size-wise.

Both people involved in a fight get kicked off.  So even if CT didn't fight back - which I can't see happening - he would still be tossed. 

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

I reckon TO and CT are past their peaks, and a showdown wouldn't be as epic as we (and BMP) would want it. That said, here's a tweet from our good friend Cohutta, as I saw it on Facebook: "@TheOfficialCT has a bearskin rug in his living room. The bear isn't dead..he's just afraid to move. Get em' son." It's not on Hutty's Twitter feed, so either it was private or he took it down. It did make me laugh, though.

Probably edited in. I'm not doubting that Mike would be amused, even moreso than St. Teege, but BMP probably spliced in "reactions." My favorite "Mike-as-bystander" moment: The time Katie almost murdered Veronica, you can see Mike in the hall cracking the hell up. Good times.

In the first Mike reaction they showed, he looked concerned.  Then he suddenly looked amused, so who knows.  I have to admire Kim who attempted to intervene, when all of the guys just sat there.  I would have scattered for sure.  CT weighs a ton, and if he or TO even landed on someone, that would have been an injury.  I hate fights and run when voices rise.

• Love 1

I knew Jenna's ankle was more than a mild sprain.  Too bad the paramedics didn't know.

I am surprised that they didn't make Jenna go to the hospital right away just for liability reasons. I know these knuckleheads sign away their lives and their firstborn children when they go on the Challenge, but I was still a little stunned that the paramedics just gave her ice & elevation and sent her on her merry, ankle-swelling way. 

I did get a small laugh out of Johnny's comment that him chasing TO around the course was either going to be his finest moment or a TO's Backpack moment. Johnny Bananas Backpack in any form will never not be funny. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Me: Why are these shows still on the air?  Why am I still watching this?  I am an educated woman and my brain cells deserve more than this garbage. 

Also me: OMG T.O. POKED THE BEAR, CT IS BACK YAAAALLLLL! 

Yo, this is one of the realest things I've ever read.

• Love 5

Will this show ever hire a host who can speak properly?   In the 30th season we had TJ forgetting that there is an R in the word presidio, he kept saying "piss-id-eo" and now we have Mike with his this "verse" that.  I like Mike but that is driving me crazy. (the weird part is that he sometimes says it right, just like TJ did). 

I can not stand TO.  He seems like such an arrogant asshole.  Romeo is cute but seems kind of dim. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3

TO is awful.  I did not see anything wrong with CT.  TO was rude at the beginning of the challenge and so immature to be making those crying motions and then couldn't think of a single good response when CT called him out.  "I didn't say anything!!"  Is he 6?   I expect him to put his pointer finger right next to someone and say "I'm not touching you".  

I want to see how Ashley rips into him next week.

9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

My favorite "Mike-as-bystander" moment: The time Katie almost murdered Veronica, you can see Mike in the hall cracking the hell up. Good times.

YES.  AHAHAHHAHAH!!!!  I totally forgot about Katie.

• Love 4
On 11/28/2017 at 11:32 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Is this the anniversary of Knight's death?

He died on November 27, 2014, based on his obituary.

13 hours ago, notcreative enough said:

this is in no way Shawn's fault no one made Jenna jump. It's not like she pushed her.

Right. It seemed like Jenna didn’t take into account that Shawn is short and compact and used to crazy jumps and stuff in the heat of the moment.

6 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Adam hit CT first in their fight.  He hit him with the cup which caused the cut on CTs head.  He was looking to fight just as much.

This. I don’t recall any situation where an innocent person was sent home because someone attacked them. He was far outsized but Adam was trying to be the aggressor at times with CT and tried to fight too.

6 hours ago, sabretooth said:

I did get a small laugh out of Johnny's comment that him chasing TO around the course was either going to be his finest moment or a TO's Backpack moment. Johnny Bananas Backpack in any form will never not be funny. 

Me too. But John has to quit being one of the lesser annoying people on  challenges, for my own personal sanity. It’s getting bad when his loathsome ass is nowhere near the most annoying.

I hope the champs are getting a new player or two...

I googled Romeo because I was confused about all the “lil” rappers from the early 00s and late 90s and I forgot that he is Master P’s son.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Unclejosh said:

Adam hit CT first in their fight.  He hit him with the cup which caused the cut on CTs head.  He was looking to fight just as much.

Really?  Am I thinking of another fight?  I just remember a house full of competitors and production running and screaming because they truly felt CT was going to kill Adam.  It was frightening.  CT was pretty dangerous back then.

On 11/29/2017 at 2:33 AM, Spencer Hastings said:

Me: Why are these shows still on the air?  Why am I still watching this?  I am an educated woman and my brain cells deserve more than this garbage. 

Also me: OMG T.O. POKED THE BEAR, CT IS BACK YAAAALLLLL! 

This exactly!  I also am an educated woman with a grown child no less but I can't quit this show. I also was thrilled to see my boy CT rise up again (not physically) And if I told you how old I am I'd be kicked off this board because it's so unseemly but this show has been my guilty pleasure forever. 

• Love 14

I'm mid 30's and the CT/TO fight cracked me up - especially when Johnny said TO doesn't know who he's dealing with.  Both of them are probably used to people backing down easily and don't know when to shut up lol

I also laughed when TO said production needed to handle CT. Like uhhh good luck with that, this is what MTV wants lol

I'm mainly watching for Shawn because she's from the city I live in. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

In the first Mike reaction they showed, he looked concerned.  Then he suddenly looked amused, so who knows.  I have to admire Kim who attempted to intervene, when all of the guys just sat there.  I would have scattered for sure.  CT weighs a ton, and if he or TO even landed on someone, that would have been an injury.  I hate fights and run when voices rise.

I knew she was tall, I don't think I realized how tall until she stood in front of TO. I like her.

Not that I want to give him credit, but Johnny's description of Riff Raff being a drunk homeless person was pretty spot on. I don't think Riff Raff knows where he is half the time.

I also laughed at Matt's description of CT being a child of a water buffalo and Jesus lol

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Will this show ever hire a host who can speak properly?   In the 30th season we had TJ forgetting that there is an R in the word presidio, he kept saying "piss-id-eo" and now we have Mike with his this "verse" that.  I like Mike but that is driving me crazy. (the weird part is that he sometimes says it right, just like TJ did). 

I can not stand TO.  He seems like such an arrogant asshole.  Romeo is cute but seems kind of dim. 

I thought I was the only one that heard him mispronounce presidio. He reminds me of Google Maps that tells me Fountain Ave is pronounced "fountainand avenue."

• Love 2

Jenna was still in her clingy girl mode at the start of the episode.  She was kind of like that with Jay too.  After Zach dumped her, she still wants him.

Speed and athletic ability doesn't really work in that course unless you can scale up and down like a monkey.  The course can trap the offense player if they don't really have it mapped out well ahead of time.  Plus as they reach up for flags, the pursuer gains on them.  Definitely an advantage in going second.

As for the argument, I don't think CT was trying to manipulate TO.  He seemed really pissed to see TO mocking him.

I'm not sure having fewer people hurts the team necessarily.  In a challenge like this one, you can have our best player go twice?

• Love 1

When will Jenna give up on Zach.  It is one of the most unlikeable things about her.  The ankle injury looked awful and I just knew it was fractured when I saw the level of swelling.  I also can't believe they didn't take her directly to the hosiptal.  At least this explains why she's not on the next season.  

Other than Jenna's injury, I really enjoyed the mission.  It was fun, and the nature of the obstacle course and infinite routes you could possible take made the outcome of each individual part somewhat unpredictable each time.  I also liked the one-on-one aspect of the person trying to complete the challenge while at the same time trying to avoid being tagged.  

On 11/29/2017 at 11:24 AM, Lantern7 said:

That said, here's a tweet from our good friend Cohutta, as I saw it on Facebook: "@TheOfficialCT has a bearskin rug in his living room. The bear isn't dead..he's just afraid to move. Get em' son." It's not on Hutty's Twitter feed, so either it was private or he took it down. It did make me laugh, though.

That's hilarious!  

On 11/30/2017 at 6:46 AM, gunderda said:

I'm mid 30's and the CT/TO fight cracked me up - especially when Johnny said TO doesn't know who he's dealing with.  Both of them are probably used to people backing down easily and don't know when to shut up lol

The "fight" was good!  Especially when CT dropped, "I didn't waste $70 million and go into bankruptcy!"  Me and the rest of the cast were like: giphy.gif

And TO is so dumb and self-absorbed that he fell right into it.  Went from goading to being goaded.  

• Love 7

I finally watched and I wish I'd watched earlier. Damn T.O. you really are an ass. You lost all "respect" for them as a team because of Corey who then left? STFU. And I liked that CT wanted to know what was going to happen to their team since Camilla was gone. Jenna was gone, and Ashley was most likely gone soon as well.

I don't understand why playing football suddenly makes T.O. some kind of untouchable god in his eyes. Too bad he wasn't a god at handling his finances or not letting John run him down.

The Champs team does feel cursed for despite their winning they are losing most of their team. I blame John. He brought his curse to the whole team, lol.

• Love 2

T.O. there is a REASON you are not in the Hall of Fame and all of your crying on Twitter is not going to change that if you continue to act like an ass.

Jenna let it slip last week during the reunion that Kailah was on her own; it sucks that is the reason.  It did amuse when Aneesa was like “as someone who had an ankle injury I can relate” because I bet a lot of her cast mates were scoffing hard at that.

I feel like CT’s biggest issue with T.O. was T.O. in essence snubbing him and CT was hurt by it, with the way he kept repeating over and over “you said you wouldn’t talk to us!”

I find it interesting that John calls CT Chris.  Anything John does that makes him likable pisses me off.

I thought CT was winding up TO, too, because he is intelligent and knows this would get him thrown out.  I find the miz annoying and over the top.  Surprised at how awesome the challenge champs are compared to the stars.