Type keyword(s) to search

Take Two - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Lost in all the "did they, or didn't they" debate, it was never clear to me HOW they got into those compromising positions, situations.  The being naked and wet in the Uber (or whatever) was explained. What was not explained was her laying her head on his shoulder in the cab, nor their kiss in the bar, nor the drink in her hand, Did Agent Kaylee use hypnotic suggestion on them, to confuse the situation?  If so, she's good.

My assumption is that Sam and Eddie were kissing and she had a drink to try to look like a normal couple while they were looking for Trevor, so he wouldn't make them? I don't know. I liked the episode more than previous ones, but I feel like I missed a lot of little details. I don't think they were already under the influence of anything, so she was pretending to drink and maybe pretending to kiss / actually kissing but for cover only?

It's believable to me that Monica would think she has a solid understanding of psychology, as a young person who thinks she knows a lot, but it's not believable to me at all that what she spouts is accurate or that the others find what she says to be credible. That one episode (the DJ kidnapping one, I think) where she profiled the kidnapper based on his ransom message was ridiculous.

One thing I continue to be very confused by is the fundamental circumstance of Sam being a recognizable actress. Of course not everyone knows who she is - there are some people who haven't watched her shows/movies or pay attention to tabloids, she's not Brad Pitt - but sometimes people they encounter on their cases recognize her as a star and other times they don't. It seems very convenient when they don't, like when they need to socially engineer something out of someone and she pretends to be someone else (location scout, DHS authority, etc.). She just lies about who she is, without knowing whether they know the truth, and then it turns out they don't know who she is after all. And how lucky did she get that the Rideshare driver didn't seem to know who she was or wasn't interested in personally benefiting from it? He just turned over that tape to Monica like nothing. So yet again, convenient that he didn't know she was a famous actress and/or had no interest in trying to sell the tape to tabloids or back to her. (Though that would have been a rehash of the teenage boy who stole her sex tape ...)

2 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

It's believable to me that Monica would think she has a solid understanding of psychology, as a young person who thinks she knows a lot, but it's not believable to me at all that what she spouts is accurate or that the others find what she says to be credible. That one episode (the DJ kidnapping one, I think) where she profiled the kidnapper based on his ransom message was ridiculous.

Yes. Exactly. I would like to see her try to use her pop psychology and get shut down by the police shrink for reasonable reasons.

2 hours ago, sweetandsour said:

One thing I continue to be very confused by is the fundamental circumstance of Sam being a recognizable actress. Of course not everyone knows who she is - there are some people who haven't watched her shows/movies or pay attention to tabloids, she's not Brad Pitt - but sometimes people they encounter on their cases recognize her as a star and other times they don't. It seems very convenient when they don't …

I think this is easily explained by the phenomenon of "you look just like" so-and-so. But, yeah, I hope they spell that out soon—it's way overdue.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I think this is easily explained by the phenomenon of "you look just like" so-and-so. But, yeah, I hope they spell that out soon—it's way overdue.

Well, isn't that part of this series whole concept?  Sam is a 'B' actress who is recognizable from her over 200 episodes of the apparently popular "Hot Pursuit" TV series. She's now a P.I. working with Eddie Valetik (another well-know P.I.) in Los Angeles; it's that experience that makes her a "good P.I.". The writers are going to use the notoriety of her downfall and the popularity of the series to suit the storyline, it IS convenient, that's why they embedded it into the story. @shapeshifter, you are correct, they could use that angle also. Why would they need to spell it out, it already is.  You just have to fanwank it and say yep, that's a "hole" in the whole thing.  Many shows incorporate a trait into a show and that's used ad nauseam (e.g. Monk - OCD; "The Rookie" - Old Guy jokes; "Mike & Molly" - stout people jokes). It works for "Lucifer" where the female detective is famous for showing her girls in a fictional movie, "Hot Tub High School"; nearly everyone they come across mentions the movie or the girls, even her partner, Lucifer, remarks on it. Yet, she goes undercover, and suddenly people DO or do NOT recognize her, depending on the needs of the story

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

I do appreciate that they clearly know instantly that Eddie and Sam didnt actually have sex. I mean, you would pretty much know, especially if you had the kind of sex where you were blacked out by the end of the morning. Although, honestly, I think them being drugged was rather underplayed, at least in their reactions. I mean, the FBI drugging someone, especially for such lame reasons, should be a bigger deal, at least to Sam and Eddie. 

Still enjoying the show, even if I can figure out whats going on pretty quickly. Its just fun times. 

• Love 2
On 8/3/2018 at 11:45 PM, shapeshifter said:
On 8/3/2018 at 9:06 PM, sweetandsour said:

Yes. Exactly. I would like to see her try to use her pop psychology and get shut down by the police shrink for reasonable reasons.

The best description of Monica, is by the actress who plays her, Alice Lee, “Lee likes the fact that her character of "Monica" is unique in the world of television.  "I mean, she's very quirky," said Lee. "I just haven't played someone that quirky, her humor is very dry, and so it's very different. Her outfits are loud, she has a lot of personality, but then when she's actually doing human connection she's kinda awkward.".  

Actress Alice Lee co-stars in new series 'Take Two'

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

I really enjoy this show. It's light and fun and I know I'm in the minority here but I do see the chemistry between Bilson and Cibrian. They have a very natural charming vibe with one another that does make me invested in Sam and Eddie's partnership/possible romance. There's so much fondness between the two and they both have the biggest, most obvious crushes on each other. It's kinda cute to watch it all play out. 

And I agree this episode was one of the strongest so far. I do like that they've finally given Eddie an arch-nemesis so to speak; in Deacon. The cases of the week are enjoyable enough but having an overarching plot like the one I hope is developing with Deacon only helps to give this show more layers. 

I don't know how it's doing in the ratings and I'm not gonna bother looking either. I'm in for this frothy summer ride for however long I have on it lol. 

• Love 2

When and why was Sam supposed to have written ES4 on her hand? I thought at first that the drain was going to turn out to be a red herring and the real reference was going to be to a locker at the sex club or something like that. If Sam didn't know that she would be drugged and it would cause her to lose her memory, how would the clue help her find where they had hidden the vial? After she was drugged, was there a window of opportunity where she had enough of her faculties to realise that she was about to forget where the vial was and needed to record it in a subtle way that the FBI wouldn't pick up on? 

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎03 at 6:50 PM, biakbiak said:

Yeah I didn’t think she meant hey were going to stop being friends but maybe take a break on being friends with benefits

When she called him to ask why he had stood her up she used the phrase "with or without benefits" which I understood to mean that the benefits were not included and the lack of benefits were no excuse for failing to keep appointments since they both knew where things stood.

34 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

When and why was Sam supposed to have written ES4 on her hand?

ES4 are the initials of a low budget movie Sam did. Her character hid a necklace in the drain. That was supposed to remind her of where they hid the vial.

9 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

ES4 are the initials of a low budget movie Sam did. Her character hid a necklace in the drain. That was supposed to remind her of where they hid the vial.

I understood that. What didn't make sense to me was why Sam decided she needed a coded reminder to herself that didn't include any information about where the drain was located or how to find it. The only way it made sense was if she knew she would lose her memory. But did the FBI tell them in advance their memories would be wiped? It seems unlikely they would have wanted Eddie and Sam to give themselves clues to try to restore their memories under the circumstances.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I understood that. What didn't make sense to me was why Sam decided she needed a coded reminder to herself that didn't include any information about where the drain was located or how to find it. The only way it made sense was if she knew she would lose her memory. But did the FBI tell them in advance their memories would be wiped? It seems unlikely they would have wanted Eddie and Sam to give themselves clues to try to restore their memories under the circumstances.

I was reminded that one need not look to closely at details, They may not make sense.  Your objection is correct. Why leave a clue unless you're aware that Agent Kaylee will be flashing the old M.I.B. neuralyzer in your face. At which point, she will have to have access to a pen (or magic marker in case one takes a post-coital shower) to write her clue. Probably, no forewarning from the F.B.I.  Unless the FBI slyly Wanted Sam to write the clue so that the FBI could follow both their former agent and Sam & Eddie. In order to retreive a vial they had already switched, so they KNEW where the vial was.  Oh, the secrets and lie are head-splitting <joking>.  I suspect the writers were "drugged" when they wrote this peyote-laden script.  Still fun episode, though.

I love this show. There are lots of plot holes, so it’s best if I don’t analyze it too much, but it’s something I’ve started looking forward to each week. 

I think this episode was one of my favorites.

In the DC area, all ABC shows, including Take Two, are preempted for Ravens game (ditto NBC for Skins). According to schedule, tonight's episode will air at 3pm this Sunday afternoon. Looks like next week is also preempted for same with that episode airing the following Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Kinda sucks, unless you love the Ravens.

Edited by Ms Lark
ABC is Ravens game not 'Skins. NBC is 'Skins game. :(
52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This episode was kind of sad.

One of the interstitial night scenes showed a billboard for Nathan Fillion's new show, The Rookie. Heh.

Synergy! Or something. Great. Now with the word "synergy", I have Jem, of all things, in my head. On a more related note, I wonder when or if it will be announced if this series is a one and done or will be back next summer?

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

In the DC area, all ABC shows, including Take Two, are preempted for Ravens game (ditto NBC for Skins). According to schedule, tonight's episode will air at 3pm this Sunday afternoon. Looks like next week is also preempted for same with that episode airing the following Saturday afternoon at 2pm. Kinda sucks, unless you love the Ravens.

I'm in Baltimore.  The Ravens aired on the local affiliate NBC channel and they moved NBC programming over to MeTV.  I didn't even think DC aired Ravens games, but the Fox channel had the Redskins game.  Weird. 

2 hours ago, break21 said:

I'm in Baltimore.  The Ravens aired on the local affiliate NBC channel and they moved NBC programming over to MeTV.  I didn't even think DC aired Ravens games, but the Fox channel had the Redskins game.  Weird. 

That is weird! Talk about scrambled channels! Fortunately, Take Two is available On Demand, at least on Comcast.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This episode was kind of sad.

One of the interstitial night scenes showed a billboard for Nathan Fillion's new show, The Rookie. Heh.

I agree....primarily because so many lives were effected by the "adult's" bad decision....and the "kids" too scared not to go along with it.   Also, I was touched when Sam said only the one member of the cast and crew had ever bothered to contact her when she went into rehab....probably not uncommon in their industry.  It was a smart decision, IMO, not to join the reunion show.  Sam is still struggling to stay sober.

• Love 2

This is the first episode I've seen.  I liked it and will be watching out for it.  I don't think it's shown on the same schedule here in Canada so I have to hunt around for it.

8 hours ago, sinycalone said:

It was a smart decision, IMO, not to join the reunion show.  Sam is still struggling to stay sober.

Or maybe not, Sam was having trouble finding a show that would back/???insure??? her. If she would show how stable and reliable she is on this show, she wouldn't have that problem when getting work afterwards.

I watched the show on the ABC website, it is going to air around 2:45 am tonight so I will DVR it. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Or maybe not, Sam was having trouble finding a show that would back/???insure??? her. If she would show how stable and reliable she is on this show, she wouldn't have that problem when getting work afterwards.

I watched the show on the ABC website, it is going to air around 2:45 am tonight so I will DVR it. 

Good point....but I'm not sure she was ready for the pressure of working on a tv show again.  I suspect she needs more time on her own before she tackles the stress of acting again.

On 8/9/2018 at 10:49 PM, dubbel zout said:

The show "Lucifer" did this in one of the early season 1 scenes (I think when Chloe and Lucifer were checking out a hit and run crime scene), when crossing the street, there was a billboard for "Supergirl" in the background.

16 hours ago, sinycalone said:

Good point....but I'm not sure she was ready for the pressure of working on a tv show again.  I suspect she needs more time on her own before she tackles the stress of acting again.

Or, the show is trying to emphasize that Sam is enjoying her new family being with Eddie. She's starting her emotional rebirth; less pretending (acting) more reality (her growing closeness with Eddie) and him with her, if his reaction to her possibly leaving is any indication of HIS growing emotions. I like that, to me, the show isn't trying to force the WT/WT romance, it's occurring more naturally, for a summer short-lived series.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

.I think what I liked most about episode was Ava and the caring she showed everyone. Good people are hard to find.

But who keeps their storage locker so tidily organized?  Mine is all packed in as much as will fit.

Monica seems like one of those people who have real difficulties with social skills, which is why she's jumping all over the place and being too intrusive.  Watching the old episodes was probably a good thing for her.

On 8/10/2018 at 1:49 AM, dubbel zout said:

58 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

The show "Lucifer" did this in one of the early season 1 scenes (I think when Chloe and Lucifer were checking out a hit and run crime scene), when crossing the street, there was a billboard for "Supergirl" in the background.

It could just be the actual Vancouver outdoor shot since I think the billboard said CTV.  Both Take Two and Lucifer are shot in Vancouver.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Monica seems like one of those people who have real difficulties with social skills, which is why she's jumping all over the place and being too intrusive.  Watching the old episodes was probably a good thing for her.

I posted an interview with the actress, Alice Lee, who plays Monica.  She described her character as having connectivity issues with people.  Here's her take on her character, "The best description of Monica, is by the actress who plays her, Alice Lee, “Lee likes the fact that her character of "Monica" is unique in the world of television.  "I mean, she's very quirky," said Lee. "I just haven't played someone that quirky, her humor is very dry, and so it's very different. Her outfits are loud, she has a lot of personality, but then when she's actually doing human connection she's kinda awkward.". Yes, you're correct, she has problems with social skills, which means the actress is doing a good job with her character.

8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:
1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

It could just be the actual Vancouver outdoor shot since I think the billboard said CTV.  Both Take Two and Lucifer are shot in Vancouver.

It's a meta directorial trick.  It's not an accident of location .  Directors and film editors are aware of the background, mostly, (The film, "Ben Hur" had a car in the background during a chariot race) Usually, it's done to subliminally advertise one of the network's other shows.

Lucy-Supergirl.thumb.jpg.503db1ea61520bceefa307a81df6f8d5.jpg

Although I've been liking this series so far, I had a few problems with this episode, "All About Ava".  I know that time is compressed in TV episodes, but I have reservations when things happen so quickly that I lose sense of reality with regards to the rules of other TV crime shows. DNA results do NOT happen over night, nor do I think you can place a probability on genetic likelihoods so quickly.  Mick's DNA determination that the victim of the 20 year old hit and run, despite degradation of the sample occurred at TV speed, unlike in other shows where they always say, it's going to take some time for the results to come back. Do likelihoods of genetic parentage take less time? I didn't pay that much attention to the discovery, but how did Sam and Eddie determine that the restaurant worker's son was the victim so quickly?  I know the DNA samply and location of the town assisted and Sam's fortuitous spotting of the worker's son wearing the very glasses in evidence helped.  It wa just a large leap.  DId they ever go back and tell the worker that her son was murdered and that they caught the murderer?  I know it was a hit-n'-run, but while technically an accident, to leave the scene of the crime and to hide evidence of it is negligent vehicular homicide, at least.

Eddie and Sam enter LeMaise, hear a woman screaming and with. gun drawn approach two psychiatric technicians controlling a patient.  THEN they ask, "What is this place?  Um, ask Berto or Google it before you go in.  Patient's doctor spills entire medical history to a P.I. W/O a warrant or even a hesitation.  I know the patient is dead, but HIPPA laws still apply.  I don't like how the doc just went ahead and gave the deets on Ava's condition so easily.  I know, TV, but other shows more realistically thrown up roadblocks.

Murderer is a director of a TV series.  Plans a reboot of that series; is discovered to be the murderer of the star of the show, and a some days later, the reboot is greenlit with all involved sans director.  No talk of acquiring another director (who would even know the intricacies of the series?)  Perhaps Sam show have been asked to direct, she has the most experience and is familiar with the series.

Part of our weekly, plot hole discussion with this show.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

DNA results do NOT happen over night, nor do I think you can place a probability on genetic likelihoods so quickly. 

Unless the time lag is a plot point, all lab results on TV and in movies come back way too quickly. As for the genetic likelihood, wasn't that because the match was a certain percentage? That is, it's accepted that a match of X percent means siblings, X percent cousins, etc.

12 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Perhaps Sam show have been asked to direct, she has the most experience and is familiar with the series.

So could any of the other original actors, by that reasoning. The reboot was for Sam to realize acting might not be a good step for her right now—and the reboot especially would be repeating herself—and working with Eddie was something she enjoyed, was good at, and gave her a new way to think about herself.

3 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Eddie and Sam enter LeMaise, hear a woman screaming and with. gun drawn approach two psychiatric technicians controlling a patient.  THEN they ask, "What is this place?  Um, ask Berto or Google it before you go in.  Patient's doctor spills entire medical history to a P.I. W/O a warrant or even a hesitation.  I know the patient is dead, but HIPPA laws still apply.  I don't like how the doc just went ahead and gave the deets on Ava's condition so easily.  I know, TV, but other shows more realistically thrown up roadblocks.

I think I would be pretty alarmed and panicked if someone came into my business and pointed a gun at the people there.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Perhaps Sam show have been asked to direct, she has the most experience and is familiar with the series.

Because someone can sing, it doesn't mean that they can write music.

Acting and directing are two different skill sets.  Actors who want to direct often do shadowing as well as study.  Unless Sam has directed before, which we have no indication of, no production company would put her in charge.

There are usually multiple  directors for a TV show because as one episode is being shot, the director of the following one is prepping.  All episodes of a show can be written by one person (e.g. JMS for Babylon 5) but they can't all be directed by one person. The original series would have had multiple directors so one of the others could have stepped in. To get a project greenlit, the executive producer is more important than the director. Probably the murderer was also acting as EP for the reboot.

4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I didn't pay that much attention to the discovery, but how did Sam and Eddie determine that the restaurant worker's son was the victim so quickly? 

It was the glasses that he was wearing in the photo.  Ava's nightmares involved a man with spider web eyes; presumably the spider webs were the cracks in the glass after he was hit.

How many seasons was the old series?  Sam said that her parents were back in the midwest while she was on the show hoping that she would give up acting.  Who was looking after young Sam?

6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Yes, you're correct, she has problems with social skills, which means the actress is doing a good job with her character.

The only way I can make sense of the character and the fake psychology she spouts is that Monica is high functioning on the autism spectrum and is taking psychology glasses to learn what she's missing but still can't understand it.  But Lee thinks of her as "quirky" and unique. There were characters like Monica in the older days of television before we knew enough about psychology to get it right.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Murderer is a director of a TV series.  Plans a reboot of that series;

Yes, it was pretty dumb of the director to reboot the show with a cast that was complicit with him in the murder. I guess the writers were either too dumb themselves to think of this, or else the writers figured the audience for a show like this would be too dumb to notice?

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

it was pretty dumb of the director to reboot the show with a cast that was complicit with him in the murder

It’s usually not one person who decides on these things so it’s easily possible he thought it was a good way to keep them silent. 

It could be that that was how he sold the show:  "Let's see these same characters 25 years later" like Roseanne or Fuller House.  In that case, it was important to keep the same actors.  He could have argued that Sam was too fragile and too messy in terms of p.r. after her public meltdown to include.

At any rate, it was only two people, Ava and the guy, and he could have intimidated them by threatening that they were complicit in the death and would be in trouble legally for covering it up.

It sounds like one of those "its the same people, but later! Nostalgia!" reboots that are big right now. I guess he could have intimidated Ava and the other guy with legal action, or, like Ava, he could have killed him. 

The plot is a little wonky, but I liked the emotional thread with Sam and her old friends, and her grief for not only losing her old friend, but also her sadness at losing touch with these people she loved once. My favorite scene was definitely the end, with Sam watching the cheesy sitcom of her TV sister and her hugging. It was actually really sad, especially over a character we spent about three seconds actually with. 

• Love 3

“Shadows of the Past” – Called to a murder scene in the middle of the night, Sam and Eddie are shocked to find that the man who had just hired them to find his missing wife is the most recent victim of a serial killer. Knowing that their client’s case must be related to his murder, Sam and Eddie race to uncover the twisted motives behind the killings with the desperate hope of finding his still-missing wife alive, putting the pair directly in the serial killer’s crosshairs. Meanwhile, the investigation stirs up old wounds for Eddie surrounding his contentious departure from the LAPD, on “Take Two,” THURSDAY, AUG. 16 (10:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network, streaming and on demand.

First of all, what was with the guy who was the missing woman's tenant who Sam and Eddie interviewed? The acting was super weird, or the sound editing was messed up, but it seemed like his voice wasn't lining up with his lips. It was super weird. 

Anyway, other than that, this was a pretty good episode. We needed to get a serial killer in somewhere (Sams show has millions!), and this one was pretty good, especially with the tie in with Eddies cop issues. I knew it was the brother right away, as he is not only one of the only people interviewed, but is a rich guy, and we all know what that means in a cop show. Lots of "he can hire the best lawyers!" talk, and him either getting away to show up in a sequel episode, or a cop rubbing in how his money cant save him. Still, I liked the turns the case made, and its really more about the journey with this show. 

I always love seeing Christine. 

• Love 1
On 8/12/2018 at 5:38 PM, tennisgurl said:

It sounds like one of those "its the same people, but later! Nostalgia!" reboots that are big right now. I guess he could have intimidated Ava and the other guy with legal action, or, like Ava, he could have killed him. 

The plot is a little wonky, but I liked the emotional thread with Sam and her old friends, and her grief for not only losing her old friend, but also her sadness at losing touch with these people she loved once. My favorite scene was definitely the end, with Sam watching the cheesy sitcom of her TV sister and her hugging. It was actually really sad, especially over a character we spent about three seconds actually with. 

The thing I was most disappointed in was that although All About Ava meant so much to Berto, we have never seen any indication of it in his interactions with Sam before or during this episode. At the very least someone should have commented on the fact that he managed to hide it from Sam.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

The thing I was most disappointed in was that although All About Ava meant so much to Berto, we have never seen any indication of it in his interactions with Sam before or during this episode. At the very least someone should have commented on the fact that he managed to hide it from Sam.

I agree.  This will make me go back and watch the pilot episode so that I can see Berto's initial reaction to Sam's hiring.  Anybody know how long Monica has known Sam?  I initially got the sensation that she was a long-time friend, but things came up to make me think that isn't the case. Then Monica said, during the "About last night' episode, that Sam, "Didn't come home last night!"  Do they live together?

15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Sam was talking to Eddie about Detective Christine Rollins almost like Sam had never met Christine before.

Admittedly I half watch this show but I thought she used just her first name which indicates her familiarity and asked if Christine had ever called him to a crime scene before knowing his relationship with the police department, so far they have been the ones to involve her in their cases.

Sometimes the writing, acting, background music, and editing on this show seem amateurish. This episode was almost completely amateur hour.
The cops say the case is closed even though they didn't find the missing woman/Allison?
Okay.
But then Sam is sad that she didn't find Alison, and cop Christine says, "Phillip Neal won't hurt anyone else because of you. That's a win."
WTH?!?
Philip Neal hung himself. 
Did Sam cause that? 
Christine was so sincere about it that I thought maybe she was a dirty cop serial killer.
But why was it taking Sam so long to buy a vowel and realize: Hey. Wait a minute. Phillip Neal isn't dead because of me!

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I agree.  This will make me go back and watch the pilot episode so that I can see Berto's initial reaction to Sam's hiring.  Anybody know how long Monica has known Sam?  I initially got the sensation that she was a long-time friend, but things came up to make me think that isn't the case. Then Monica said, during the "About last night' episode, that Sam, "Didn't come home last night!"  Do they live together?

My understanding is that Sam hired Monica to be her personal assistant in exchange for free room and board at her mansion. I think Monica might live in a cottage on her property or something like that. So, I'm guessing that Monica has only worked for/known Sam since the former got out of rehab/started working as a PI.

• Love 3

A decent episode if not as good as the last one.  The previous episode we got insight into Sam, this one was about Eddie.  It was nice to get some background into him.  And Christine is my favourite supporting player.

I liked how the brother knew what Sam was up to and didn't leave the water bottle for her to have his DNA tested. But she didn't really need it since they had a hair from the garrote and presumably a DNA sample from the missing wife so Felix could have made a familial match. This is the first episode this writer has written and it shows.

I was watching with someone who is studying psychology and she kept stopping the show to rail against the portrayal of mental illness (people with schizophrenia have lower rates of crime than other people), Monica telling the ethics prof that she had to give information about the guy to save other people (a misrepresentation of the Tarnikoff decision) and the general justification for it being the brother. I objected to Monica telling Sam "Untrained but a (good?) point" as Monica herself is more mistrained than trained.

17 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Sometimes the writing, acting, background music, and editing on this show seem amateurish. This episode was almost completely amateur hour.
The cops say the case is closed even though they didn't find the missing woman/Allison?
Okay.
But then Sam is sad that she didn't find Alison, and cop Christine says, "Phillip Neal won't hurt anyone else because of you. That's a win."

Yeah.  That case was nowhere near wrapped up in terms of the work the police should be doing.

• Love 4

So it looks like the show is pre-empted tonight for a Royals special (which will probably garner the ratings to keep the network advertisers happy and thereby allow ABC to afford to keep this show on the air—or something like that) and then next week the last 2 hours of prime time will have 2 Take Two episodes: 10 and 11.

• Love 1
On 8/17/2018 at 11:21 AM, tvfanatic13 said:

Not going to apologize- I really like this summer show. Clearly I may walk alone from the lack of action on this forum. LOL

You are not alone.  I've really enjoyed this show.  Of course the fact that I've been madly in love with Rachel Bilson since I saw her in the film The Last Kiss in 2006 has nothing to do with it.

• Love 2