Type keyword(s) to search

Take Two - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

46 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

There is absolutely no way this show is getting picked up. 

I sincerely hope you're wrong, but you're probably right.  Lucifer was picked up at Netflix and I'm hard pressed to think of sillier show, so I harbor hope :-D.  

MilMar said:  "We're the key to Castle's success".

Stana said:  "No, I am".

Nathan said:  "No, it's me".

Turns out it was the synergy of all three (four) of these players, plus a bunch of other cast and crew, that led to Castle's success.  Who knew? ;-).  None of them have had exceptional success in their own projects recently.  Stana got another 10-episode Absentia season 2, but Lesley Goldberg all but said that AXN dropped it (and then it found a streaming home, just like all of the other dumped shows that found streaming homes, except in this case, it already had a streaming home!).  And The Rookie is tanking too, so we'll see if it survives to a season 2 -- or finds a streaming home!

Edited by TWP
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, TWP said:

sincerely hope you're wrong, but you're probably right.  Lucifer was picked up at Netflix and I'm hard pressed to think of sillier show, so I harbor hope :-D

The situations are completely different. Lucifer had 57 eps when it wa picked up, compared to 13 but the main difference was that the couldn’t make a deal work at ANC even though the main production company on the show is ABC Studios it’s very unlikely that there is a deal that would make any financial sense anywhere else.

On 11/21/2018 at 7:53 PM, biakbiak said:

The situations are completely different. Lucifer had 57 eps when it wa picked up, compared to 13 but the main difference was that the couldn’t make a deal work at ANC even though the main production company on the show is ABC Studios it’s very unlikely that there is a deal that would make any financial sense anywhere else.

Amazon could pick it up under those circumstances.  It wouldn't be the first time.

1 hour ago, TWP said:

Amazon could pick it up under those circumstances.  It wouldn't be the first time.

The studio has no incentive to give it to Amazon for free or near that and it doesn’t fit into Amazon’s current slot of shoes. It had shitty ratings, absolutely no buzz and no marquee star. The show is done. Nowadays they talk about shopping every cancelled show but it if you look at the ones that were actually picked up they are only a handful and most had at least one thing (critical buzz, close to syndication numbers, relationship with the creator, corporate synergy, etc.) and this show has absolutely none of those things.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Nowadays they talk about shopping every cancelled show

Yeah, I think they say that even when they know a show is deader than dead. It's kind of pro forma at this point, just to show you've tried everything to keep the show going.