Type keyword(s) to search

All Stars Season 6 Anticipation

• Start Topic

Season theme is "rookies versus vets." Trailer here. Premieres in January. 

New All Stars include Kelly Dempsey (S14), Edmond Newton (S14), Merline Labissiere (S14), Candice Cuoco (S14), Char Glover (S13), Amanda Valentine (S11 and S13), Stanley Hudson (S11), and Kimberly Goldson (S9).

Returning "All Stars" include Helen Castillo (S12; ugh), Ken Laurence (S12; ugh), Fabio Costa (S10), Melissa Fleis (S10), Joshua McKinley (S9), Carlos Casanova (S8), Ari South (S8), and Anthony Williams (S7).

Clearly, the show has given up any pretense of being a fashion competition and just invited as many drama queens as possible to return (Helen is already shown fighting with the cast in the trailer). I'm sorry to see Kelly and Amanda involved in this mess. 

Edited by ThatsDarling
Added names of more All Stars
  • Love 3

Finally! I absolutely love All Stars, although the earliest three seasons had the best talent, and some of the recent individuals have been questionable. 

Anthony Williams is also one of the "Returning" All Stars. In the trailer posted above, who are the two women on both sides of Amanda, in the still image immediately after clicking the link? 

Edited by Spatula11
On 11/10/2017 at 5:31 PM, Spatula11 said:

Finally! I absolutely love All Stars, although the earliest three seasons had the best talent, and some of the recent individuals have been questionable. 

Anthony Williams is also one of the "Returning" All Stars. In the trailer posted above, who are the two women on both sides of Amanda, in the still image immediately after clicking the link? 

I think the two women on the sides of Amanda are Kimberley (S9) and a longer-haired Char (S13). 

The returning "All Stars" (in addition to Amanda, who competed on two seasons of original recipe PR) are all at risk of losing for a third time. The exposure is appealing, I guess, but I don't see how the poor working conditions, stress, and risk of embarrassment are worth it. 

If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a previous winner in the mix at all, which makes it harder to determine who the pre-selected winner of this competition will be. 

• Love 2

Thank you, ThatsDarling!

I like Char. Poor lady - she had Korina in her first season and now she gets Helen!

Another person I am baffled about: when the returning All Stars are walking into the stadium, there is a man next to Anthony (not Josh, but on the other side) - who is this?  I paused the video but it's just a bit too blurry and dark to tell.  ETA: I think it is Casanova? I like him a lot, and I adore Anthony, my all time favorite, so I am really looking forward to this.

I like that there are no previous winners this time too. But Dmitry is always welcome a third time or any time! I think this is going to be a win for Kelly.

Edited by Spatula11
  • Love 2

Yeah, Kelley is the only person I recognize/remember; this is def. hers to win.  Since they ran out of all-stars I guess they're now modeling this after mtv's 'challenge' and bringing back the same dramatrolls again and again.  I wish PR Junior was premiering in Jan. instead.  

• Love 3

It may be their third season, but I'm looking forward to seeing more from Amanda, Fabio and Melissa. Love their personalities and designs! I knew Kelly would return eventually, and I am happy to see her back, too. Candice produced one of my top 10 looks ever (Finding Neverland), so I'm hoping she's more consistent this time around.

But the one I am most over the moon about is Kimberly! I loved her in Season 9 and was wondering if she'd ever return for an Allstar season.

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:06 PM, Spatula11 said:

I like Char. Poor lady - she had Korina in her first season and now she gets Helen!

I think Char was an awful designer, and I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't blame Korina for being upset about how her elimination played out. Expecting Korina to return to the workroom hours after being eliminated to help the person who was questionably spared over her rip apart her design? Awful treatment by the show, and I would have stormed out, too. I wrote a longer version of my Korina Defense Thesis in the Project Runway thread.

Ken and Helen were on their best behaviour for their Allstar seasons, but neither are very good designers. I don't need to see more of what either of them can do.

• Love 2

It's going to be painful watching Georgina this season knowing her life has imploded.  I wonder if she will be aufed due to the Weinstein taint.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 7:40 AM, MelinaBallerina said:

I hope Anthony stays long enough.  I love his personality.

Y'all have an off switch?

• Love 2

Jesus, Amanda again? Helen again? and fucking Orange Josh, the most hateful contestant ever to appear on Project Runway? And I am not a person who judges a book by its cover or a person by his looks, but I find Casanova so ugly I can hardly bear to look at him, to my chagrin. I have never felt this way about anyone. 

I adore Kelly unequivocally, and I like Fabio very very much. But I don't know if they'll be enough to keep me watching with the rest of the either only moderately talented and/or actively unpleasant crew they've managed to assemble.  

• Love 1

Is this a models of all sizes seasons like the mothership so bravely did? That was such a (self) important moment, they can't go backwards... 

I'm actually down for this if it's the same writers and editors, because they were on point this past regular season. Not necessarily as a fashion show, but as a reality soap it was really entertaining and well crafted. They have enough terrible people here to pull off something special, for lack of a better word.  

On 2017-12-02 at 0:03 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

And I am not a person who judges a book by its cover or a person by his looks, but I find Casanova so ugly I can hardly bear to look at him, to my chagrin. I have never felt this way about anyone. 

+1

I feel the same.  Thanks for saying it.  I thought I was the only one...

• Love 2
On 12/2/2017 at 11:03 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Jesus, Amanda again? Helen again? and fucking Orange Josh, the most hateful contestant ever to appear on Project Runway? And I am not a person who judges a book by its cover or a person by his looks, but I find Casanova so ugly I can hardly bear to look at him, to my chagrin. I have never felt this way about anyone. 

I adore Kelly unequivocally, and I like Fabio very very much. But I don't know if they'll be enough to keep me watching with the rest of the either only moderately talented and/or actively unpleasant crew they've managed to assemble.  

I honestly like Amanda, so I'm not bothered by the fact that she is back.  But Helen, WHY!!!!!   And Josh McKinley, WHY!!!  I agree that he was one of the most hateful people I ever saw on a season of PR.  He was a much better designer than Anya, although I got tired of neoprene, but his attitude and general bitchiness made me cheer when Anya won the season.  I'm sure they just want the drama between Joshie and Hell-en, and maybe Ken, in case the fabulousness of Fabio, Kelly, and some of the others isn't enough entertainment.  Casanova isn't the best looking dude in the world, but I enjoyed his malapropisms, and I'm sure that's why he was brought back.  I will watch for a while to see what goes on.  I can always switch the channel if it becomes the Helen and Josh show.

11 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

@sisterspoon, you come on over here and sit next to me on the Couch of Shame. I'm mortified but really, when I saw the preview and saw Casanova I actually said "oh no!" out loud. I just hoping the gentle sweetness of Fabio and the all around kick ass fabulousness of Kelly can mitigate.  

We may need another Couch of Shame.  I'll spring for a cushion or two.  

11 hours ago, sarasue59 said:

But Helen, WHY!!!!!   And Josh McKinley, WHY!!! 

Maybe because they'll take an immediate hate to each other and duel with straight pins, bare shoulders and slut styles to the death?  Maybe.

I have to admit that at the beginning of Season 8 I couldn’t stand either Casanova or Monda and a lot of that distaste was appearance-based. Casanova looked exactly like a sock puppet monkey to me. After a few weeks, though, they were two of my favorites. Like so many of you, my love for Mondo has diminished over the years, but I am still quite fond of Casanova for his humor and kindness. Don’t remember a single things about his clothes and I think he probably won’t (and shouldn’t) be in the finals, but I’d like him to stick around for several weeks.

• Love 2
On 12/17/2017 at 7:24 PM, enoughcats said:

We may need another Couch of Shame.  I'll spring for a cushion or two.  

Maybe because they'll take an immediate hate to each other and duel with straight pins, bare shoulders and slut styles to the death?  Maybe.

Of course that's why.  Although maybe they will take to each other like bread and butter and conspire against the other designers.  They will definitely add to the drama, that's for sure.  I just don't want to have to see their faces again, that's all, lol!

On 11/11/2017 at 6:03 PM, ThatsDarling said:

If I'm not mistaken, there isn't a previous winner in the mix at all, which makes it harder to determine who the pre-selected winner of this competition will be. 

Just as long as it's not Amanda!

We go on tonight, right?

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Amanda again, I love her clothes.  And her self-deprecating sense of humor.  And I adore Fabio. 

Helen is one of the few contestants that I would love to see kidnapped by Somali pirates and never heard from again.  Josh M. can be taken along too, as he's prettier than Helen.

Unless a designer has a 9-5 job working for somebody else, they probably have a bit of leeway in going on a show they'll need to commit 3+ months to.  Or, if they have some sort of contracting job, that's flexible too.  Honestly, the last few seasons of regular Runway have been so lackluster, I'm ok revisiting the folks we already know. 

No matter, I just can't quit this show.  

On 11/21/2017 at 4:40 AM, MelinaBallerina said:

I hope Anthony stays long enough.  I love his personality.

I squeed with delight when I saw Anthony.  There are designer's that have better ideas, but I just love anthony overall as a person. 

• Love 1