Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:07 PM, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Whoever's dancing next to Victoria in the black shorts and blue top is AMAZING.

Agreed!  Who is that??  Didn't even notice Holly nor could I watch Victoria (still meh in my opinion).  This little pint sized dynamite is awesome!  She may get the slim down talk because she does have that gymnast figure but wow she can perform!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Agreed!  Who is that??  Didn't even notice Holly nor could I watch Victoria (still meh in my opinion).  This little pint sized dynamite is awesome!  She may get the slim down talk because she does have that gymnast figure but wow she can perform!

I don't remember, but I'm thinking that you're talking about the video of Holly, Victoria K and maybe Shelly's daughter?

On 3/22/2017 at 0:06 PM, ByTor said:

So I guess my UO is that Kelli Q is not even remotely pretty & looks like she's in her 40s...I'm in my 40s so I can say that :).  Every time I see her, I think of the Mystery Science Theater episode Space Mutiny.  The lead actress in it was 34 & looked like an old lady...there was a scene where she was dancing in a night club and they riffed: "Don't you hate it when the chaperones dance with the students?"

Agreed. I like Kelli Q a lot, and I'm glad she's on the team, but she definitely looks older than her age (moreso than Tasha IMO). For the longest time, I thought she was the girl who had danced on broadway a few years ago and got cut because "she didn't have an HD face."

• Love 2
(edited)

I like the routine, but it does seem like it's stepping on the R&B's toes a bit. Just like it would be strange to see R&B performing with poms. But regardless, I would like to see both teams perform together on the field one time. They could do something really interesting, I think.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I like the routine, but it does seem like it's stepping on the R&B's toes a bit. Just like it would be strange to see R&B performing with poms. But regardless, I would like to see both teams perform together on the field one time. They could do something really interesting, I think.

I'd much rather see the R&Bs and DCCs together than those random (to me) groups who perform with the DCCs.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Agreed. I like Kelli Q a lot, and I'm glad she's on the team, but she definitely looks older than her age (moreso than Tasha IMO). For the longest time, I thought she was the girl who had danced on broadway a few years ago and got cut because "she didn't have an HD face."

You mean Courtney, a former DS Ice Girl  and current USA cheerleader.  Kelli and Courtney were actually both Texas Legends dancers for the 2013-14 season.

15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'd much rather see the R&Bs and DCCs together than those random (to me) groups who perform with the DCCs.

They also look random to me, and honestly all of it together looks like a sloppy mish-mash IMO.

On 3/22/2017 at 9:58 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

The only thing I don't like about Tasha is the 'I'm doing this for my daughter' schtick. Just admit you want to cheer. Tasha has the dance skill and look to do it, and she does work, so just be honest.

Right. Just cheer and go.

I wish someone would do a major fashion makeover for Kelli because girlfriend the cleavage you show with almost every outfit she has on is not her friend. Judy on the other hand, looks great all the time. And while we are at it, send Melissa R. for a makeover also.

On 3/16/2017 at 1:14 PM, bigskygirl said:

Also I think the quality of the squad went down after Season 5. There are definitely standout girls in Seasons 6-11, but I think the girls in Season 1-5 were better. I would rather see a small squad than bring in girls who are only brought in because judges or fans may or may not like her, she is pretty, but she cannot dance worth a darn, or may or may not bring in ratings and drama for the show.

The number of girls auditioning now is less than half of what it was during Seasons 1-5. Last year barely 200 girls auditioned, not good.

1 hour ago, cashandprizes said:

The number of girls auditioning now is less than half of what it was during Seasons 1-5. Last year barely 200 girls auditioned, not good.

Do you think that's because girls are too intimated to try out, or do people not really see the DCC as "world class" anymore? I admit I know nothing about dance lol so I don't really see much of a difference between the teams from the earlier seasons vs now. Or maybe there are just better teams to try out for? idk

• Love 1

Ha! I thought the DCCs were world class and the best dancers and performers in the whole wide universe. Why to another team when there is the DCC squad. I personally think it is the television show and what has been said on social media about what really goes on behind the scenes has caused the lower numbers of girls trying out. I cannot imagine what tryouts, TC and being a DCC is like since I do not buy the girls get along 24/7/365, and it is such a great honor to be a DCC. I like to read between the lines.

On 3/22/2017 at 4:54 PM, MrsEVH said:

I want to see a season with she girls who made TC, got cut and come back, make TC and the team.

Season 2 : Natalie W, Candice C.

Season 4: Brandi, Sunni, and Joannah 

Season 6: Brittney S, Courtney C, and Alex H 

These girls were some of my faves who I rooted for.

Alex was cut in 6, but made 7 (I only know this because I just rewatched both seasons.) 

Also in season 2: Ryan Ray

Season 5: Alyssa Sarasani

Season 7: Alex Hermes 

Season 8: Rachel L

Season 9: Ashley Pro

Season 11: Selina and Madeline

2 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

Do you think that's because girls are too intimated to try out, or do people not really see the DCC as "world class" anymore? I admit I know nothing about dance lol so I don't really see much of a difference between the teams from the earlier seasons vs now. Or maybe there are just better teams to try out for? idk

I think the caliber of dance limits the number of hopefuls who have the confidence to try out.  Also, low pay, and lots of time devoted could be another drawback for some

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 2

Rachel was not cut in Season 7, she left TC because of her knee injury/surgery and could not dance for six months?

Jerry Jones is full of himself. And I am sure this could be an unpopular opinion, but I take Bob Hope over the DCCs for entertaining the troops any day of the week. Now I wait for the rotten tomatoes to be thrown at my direction.

Why do they need to have a few girls in the calendar shoot have their bikini bottoms riding up in their behinds? Yes, I am not a guy, but I do not find that sexy at all. First bad bikini picks for a lot of the girls and lets have them expose their behinds in a certain way. Of course, lets not forget the string bikinis and high heel boots look. Why not go all out and do a Pretty Woman type calendar? Sorry, but it drives me nuts to see the girls looking like this.

I don't get the Tasha hate about her daughter.  I never got the impression that she said she ONLY wanted to make it to show her daughter. To me it seemed like this was only one of the reasons she wanted to be a DCC- NOT the only and main reason.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I don't get the Tasha hate about her daughter.  I never got the impression that she said she ONLY wanted to make it to show her daughter. To me it seemed like this was only one of the reasons she wanted to be a DCC- NOT the only and main reason.

Agree. Not saying I'm her biggest fan because I certainly am not, but I don't mind her saying she wants to show her daughter that you can achieve her dreams. It's cheesy but I don't doubt that it's a genuine statement. I also don't think she tried to pass it off as her only reason for becoming a DCC.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Why do they need to have a few girls in the calendar shoot have their bikini bottoms riding up in their behinds? Yes, I am not a guy, but I do not find that sexy at all. First bad bikini picks for a lot of the girls and lets have them expose their behinds in a certain way. Of course, lets not forget the string bikinis and high heel boots look. Why not go all out and do a Pretty Woman type calendar? Sorry, but it drives me nuts to see the girls looking like this.

If my behind looked like Stephanie's or Kelli Q's, I'd be wearing those kind of bikini bottoms daily.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

They need to sell A LOT of calendars. And I don't think we are their target audience...guys are.  And like you say, the DCCs have some seriously incredible hineys on the squad this year. Who knew Lacey had such a great behind??? 

I do remember Kelli saying a few years ago the Sideline Calendars are outselling the Swimsuit Calendars. I wonder if it has to do with the lack of quality pictures being taken. The girls are adorable in their own unique ways, but the pictures, swimsuits, and poses do not feature the girls in the best way. And yes, Kelli also said they do a lot of air brushing to make the girls look their best, so I am sure they work hard to make the breasts and behinds look good along with better smiles and less wrinkles.

19 hours ago, cashandprizes said:

I remember in one of the earlier seasons Kelli said they had 1000 applications or something LOL 

I am a guy with a wife, a son, and a baby girl due in July, and I don't think I really want to see panties up the asscrack either! ? Lol 

i may be an exception though

Edited by Josreason
  • Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, beachespeaches said:

Good points. I don't know anything about dance either.

My guesses are maybe girls would:

* Rather try out for another team they have a better chance of making.

* Don't want to go through the 6 weeks (or however long it is) of TC.

*  Don't want to be humiliated on TV (if they've watched MTT).

*  Just don't think the DCC are all that or worth their time auditioning.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Good points. I don't know anything about dance either.

My guesses are maybe girls would:

* Rather try out for another team they have a better chance of making.

* Don't want to go through the 6 weeks (or however long it is) of TC.

*  Don't want to be humiliated on TV (if they've watched MTT).

*  Just don't think the DCC are all that or worth their time auditioning.

Was this the tryout process before the show started? It seems to me like the training camp process, which I'm guessing is around 6-8 weeks would be a pretty big deterrent for women who do not already live in Dallas or if its not just their dream.  For example, if a girl just wants to dance for a pro sports team, primarily NBA or NFL, and isn't a "Cowboys forever" type of person, it seems like DCCs would be an easy tryout to skip simply due to the time commitment of training camp. It's one to have a long training camp when you know you're on the team, it's another story when you could spend 6 weeks there and then get cut (on tv at that).  

4 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Was this the tryout process before the show started? It seems to me like the training camp process, which I'm guessing is around 6-8 weeks would be a pretty big deterrent for women who do not already live in Dallas or if its not just their dream.  For example, if a girl just wants to dance for a pro sports team, primarily NBA or NFL, and isn't a "Cowboys forever" type of person, it seems like DCCs would be an easy tryout to skip simply due to the time commitment of training camp. It's one to have a long training camp when you know you're on the team, it's another story when you could spend 6 weeks there and then get cut (on tv at that).  

There's some videos of past auditions (from the 90s or early 00s) that the squad was picked  on the final day of auditions. Even in the first DCC movie (from the 70s) they did it that way. I'm guessing the 6 weeks of TC are for TV show so people will watch.

Edited by MrsEVH

I also think other teams are getting better and do a lot of the same things that DCC do now so there is less people wanting to relocate try out for DCC when they can get the same experience from their home town team. 

16 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

There's some videos of past auditions (from the 90s or early 00s) that the squad was picked  on the final day of auditions. Even in the first DCC movie (from the 70s) they did it that way. I'm guessing the 6 weeks of TC are for TV show so people will watch.

According to Shelly, it looks like the concept of training camp as we know it today started in 1990...

Training camp has been around for almost the the entire existence of DCC. It has evolved over time with the needs of each squad. Training camp begins after finalists have been chosen and ends with the first game, even though cuts can be made at any time.

The concept of Training Camp Candidate (TCC) started in 1990, my 2nd year. Up until then, new members were considered Rookies from the start.

Interesting. I wonder if girls were cut regularly back then during training camp or if it was just a "if you just can't keep up, we'll cut you" type of thing. Nowadays, they purposely go in to training camp knowing that they will (and have to) cut multiple girls. 

55 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Interesting. I wonder if girls were cut regularly back then during training camp or if it was just a "if you just can't keep up, we'll cut you" type of thing. Nowadays, they purposely go in to training camp knowing that they will (and have to) cut multiple girls. 

I wonder about that also.  If they accepted the number (or close to the number) they wanted for a final team, how many cuts would they have been able to make without making the squad too small?  

I guess before the tv show started, they didn't have to cut a tcc just to create some drama. Not to say that nobody could get cut, but now they always take way more than they need so they know they will have to make cuts-and most of the times there are at least a couple girls who are obviously going to get cut.

19 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Um, there's a movie!?!? Whhhaaaa???? How do I watch this?

48 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Um, there's a movie!?!? Whhhaaaa???? How do I watch this?

There's TWO DCC movies 1979 and 1980.

The first movie (1979). Can't find the other one

• Love 2

I really like Allie and Milan! They're great dancers and I love their more "square" bodies. I have a square build and it's nice to see that their talent outweighed their builds. They're gorgeous! #itshiptobeasquare  

• Love 1

Sometimes I think people are more rigid about DCC standards than Kelli is, LOL.  The DCC are required to be very toned. But within that parameter, there is room for girls like Amy T, girls like Allie, girls like Tess, girls like KaShara or Danielle. Not everyone can be Jinelle, and not everyone should be. There are almost 40 women on the team. I think it's a good thing that they allow a smidge of diversity in body types, so there's something for every fan.

• Love 6

My rant with this year's swim suits, is the suits are so unflattering, and the poses are, too. These girls have amazingly fit bodies, but most of them look like potatoes - hard, flat potatoes - in what they've posted so far. It's really confusing how bad the photos are.

• Love 5

I actually really like all the suits this year! (minus the monstrosity Khalyn had on at swimsuit fittings)...

As for poses - the person taking the photos for social media wouldn't be standing on the same angle as the actual photographer, meaning that the pose would look a million times better for the actual photo (i hope).

• Love 1

That and the fact that these women aren't models. For some of them, this is the first time doing anything like this. Even with people standing there telling you how to pose, it can be difficult to get the hang of it. Just because you're pretty doesn't mean you know how to take a good photo. Especially in a bikini.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AnnMichele said:

I really like Allie and Milan! They're great dancers and I love their more "square" bodies. I have a square build and it's nice to see that their talent outweighed their builds. They're gorgeous! #itshiptobeasquare  

That's always a good thing to have someone to relate to.

12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Sometimes I think people are more rigid about DCC standards than Kelli is, LOL.  The DCC are required to be very toned. But within that parameter, there is room for girls like Amy T, girls like Allie, girls like Tess, girls like KaShara or Danielle. Not everyone can be Jinelle, and not everyone should be. There are almost 40 women on the team. I think it's a good thing that they allow a smidge of diversity in body types, so there's something for every fan.

I agree, but they certainly won't have anyone who doesn't fit, in SOME way, the "DCC standard."

• Love 1

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone else noticed that many of the videos (full episodes) from past seasons are no longer working on CMT's website. Seems like this has been issue since they updated the website. I used to take random Sundays and just watch old seasons. No more...

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but has anyone else noticed that many of the videos (full episodes) from past seasons are no longer working on CMT's website. Seems like this has been issue since they updated the website. I used to take random Sundays and just watch old seasons. No more...

YES! They have also since deleted off of my DVR! I think it's because they want us to buy them off of AMAZON...

On 3/25/2017 at 6:52 PM, bigskygirl said:

I do remember Kelli saying a few years ago the Sideline Calendars are outselling the Swimsuit Calendars. I wonder if it has to do with the lack of quality pictures being taken. The girls are adorable in their own unique ways, but the pictures, swimsuits, and poses do not feature the girls in the best way. And yes, Kelli also said they do a lot of air brushing to make the girls look their best, so I am sure they work hard to make the breasts and behinds look good along with better smiles and less wrinkles.

I think it could be because it's more directly tied to the NFL - they're obviously cheerleaders vs. just hot girls in skimpy bikinis. Probably easier to justify that purchase for your average dude :) 

• Love 1