Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, bigskygirl said:

Rumors have been floating around Erica had a lawyer preventing the show showing her getting cut. Rumors were also popping up when Amy Reese was cut in Season 5 about Amy getting a lawyer to prevent her cut being shown also. I do also remember rumors Chelsea in Season 8 trying to get her cut scene deleted, but obviously her scene was shown. I take it with a grain of salt.

I would think that after Amy, the contract would have been updated so that nothing was off the table regarding the girls and DCC.

Maybe CMT just didn't go there. The show apparently only shows 8 to 10% of what happens in TC with 99% of the focus on Rookies, not Vets. If Erica acted out at the Hall of Fame, that episode was #11. There were only 2 more episodes to air during S13. It's possible that since CMT had already covered the Jenna/Holly stuff and the Vets prepping for and attending the HOF, they chose to focus the remaining 2 episodes on the Rookies and who would make the squad rather than yet another Vet debacle.

• Love 6
On 1/7/2018 at 7:40 PM, UnicornKicks said:

I can't even with Maddie. Something just so off about that whole dance. I don't get why she's supposed to be some hip hop phenom, except she's a dorky white girl from Utah. Nothing she does impresses me. 

Also is the black hair back? 

Her dancing makes me cringe. Makeover and all, I still don't see her as a DCC. She's just so.... awkward

• Love 5
On 1/9/2018 at 6:25 AM, lfedncr said:

Here is my question / thought :  curious about auditions this year after looking at what some of these ladies are wearing out in public .  In years past the ladies have been encouraged to dress conservatively and classy.  This year however, I am seeing a lot of CUTOUT dresses, extremely low cut showing cleavage and high slit dresses.  Example is Kalyssa at the GG very low cut with extremely high slit dress, Miranda multiple times with low cut almost worried uniboob is going to drop out out not to mention also wearing dresses with cut outs.  

They all look like they’re auditioning for the Real Housewives of Dallas. ?

• Love 6
14 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

OMG glad she's not going the skank route with Playboy. 

She's like 5ft, even short for petite clothing modeling. Eh, whatever. 

Yeah, you would prob know better than me but I was told over the summer she is the tiniest to wear the uniform sooo...yeah, kinda short for modeling. 

15 hours ago, go4luca said:

Ah, gotcha.  Hopefully that is the case.  That agency hasn't come up on my West coast film projects although I have worked with some large ones.

hm...I really dont know much outside of what i googled and the site that came up (someone else linked).  It looks impressive but could just be a great website! LOL

16 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Has anyone touched on the topic that Jenna stated on Instagram "DCC 12-18"? I thought and had a feeling she was basically confirming she was leaving via twitter (cryptically, not as in "im leaving" words etc) as she told AmyL she'd miss her as her 2nd leader  on christmas day. I figured she was leaving when Cowboys had 1 more home game (the one on New Years Eve), and that they were saying goodbye early. Now her instagram changed to DCC 12-18.

When do they start announcing when the DCC are retiring etc? In May? Or can they actually start announcing now etc?

All of the current DCC's remain DCC's until auditions and the day the turn in their uniform.  So, technically, Jenna is right about being a DCC '12-'18.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Has anyone touched on the topic that Jenna stated on Instagram "DCC 12-18"? I thought and had a feeling she was basically confirming she was leaving via twitter (cryptically, not as in "im leaving" words etc) as she told AmyL she'd miss her as her 2nd leader  on christmas day. I figured she was leaving when Cowboys had 1 more home game (the one on New Years Eve), and that they were saying goodbye early. Now her instagram changed to DCC 12-18.

To me, "12-18" is another clue she's leaving.  That would be saying she was a DCC:

12-13 (year 1)

13-14 (year 2)

14-15 (year 3)

15-16 (year 4)

16-17 (year 5)

17-18 (year 6 & done)

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

To me, "12-18" is another clue she's leaving.  That would be saying she was a DCC:

12-13 (year 1)

13-14 (year 2)

14-15 (year 3)

15-16 (year 4)

16-17 (year 5)

17-18 (year 6 & done)

Definitely. She confirmed it a couple of times w/o actually saying it, but once you go out your way to add dates I guess that makes it super official lol

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

What in the world is going on with Gina’s thighs??? yikes!!!

Gina's definitely got a brace on her knee. You can see the top cutting into her thigh. Otherwise, I think she looks fine; like many of the other girls.

Has anyone been speculating on who's going to re-audition?  I know Jenna will retire. What about Lacey?

Okay, I think I have this right:

6 years

Jenna - Retiring

5 years

Jinelle - Probably Retiring  (I wonder if Jinelle will move back to Australia or stay in the US? Does she have a boyfriend or something here?)

4 years

Lacey  - Probably re-auditioning

3 years

Chantel, Elizabeth, KaShara, Robin, Simone, Stephanie  (I vote all re-audition, though I wonder if Simone will retire due to all her injuries...)

2 years

Cersten, Heather, Jessika, Kelli, Kelsey, Khalyn, Madeline, Maggie, Selina, Tasha, Tess   (Isn't Cersten the one who's planning on medical school? Maybe she'll be done after 2 years.)

1 year (Rookies)

Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara  (Somehow I kinda feel like Savannah and Tara are 1 year and done girls. Don't know, though.)

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, MssdDrms said:

What in the world is going on with Gina’s thighs??? yikes!!!

5C9C79C8-9E43-491D-B188-70892A663991.jpeg

The lighting is casting weird shadows on all of them - Chantal looks really bad, and we know she’s super fit - and there are creases in Ginas’s tights.....but..... I SEE THE FACE OF KERMIT SMOOSHED INTO HER THIGH. It’s like the Muppet Shroud of Turin, DCC style. 

Who else sees this?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

1 year (Rookies)

Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah, Tara  (Somehow I kinda feel like Savannah and Tara are 1 year and done girls. Don't know, though.)

Sweet baby jesus, all I can say is I hope Christina takes her year as a DCC and goes out on top. I’m still shocked she even made the team.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KatebytheSea said:

6 years

Jenna - Retiring

5 years

Jinelle - Probably Retiring  (I wonder if Jinelle will move back to Australia or stay in the US? Does she have a boyfriend or something here?)

4 years

3 years

Chantel, Elizabeth, KaShara, Robin, Simone, Stephanie  (I vote all re-audition, though I wonder if Simone will retire due to all her injuries...)

2 years

Cersten, Heather, Jessika, Kelli, Kelsey, Khalyn, Madeline, Maggie, Selina, Tasha, Tess   (Isn't Cersten the one who's planning on medical school? Maybe she'll be done after 2 years.)

1 year (Rookies)

You left out Amy (3 yr) and Yuko (2 yr).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The lighting is casting weird shadows on all of them - Chantal looks really bad, and we know she’s super fit - and there are creases in Ginas’s tights.....but..... I SEE THE FACE OF KERMIT SMOOSHED INTO HER THIGH. It’s like the Muppet Shroud of Turin, DCC style. 

Who else sees this?

I see E.T.

• Love 5

I know DCC is a hard team to make (as is any NFL or NBA team), but do they really think it's any harder than say, Broadway or the Rockettes?  I remember hearing Kelli say that the odds of a girl making the DCC is near to impossible with the odds, but I can think of one "team" that is harder than ANY NFL or NBA team and may require more talent than Broadway or the Rockettes.  Can anyone guess?

No?

Okay, I won't keep you hanging.  It's Cirque Du Soleil.  There's a good video on youtube titled "16x9 - Getting into Cirque Du Soleil"  (link at the end)  .   It's the toughest audition process I'VE ever heard of (but I've never gone to a dance audition).  Here's the Cliffs Notes version:  You go through the auditions and IF you're lucky, you get told that you've made it into the databank.  They DON'T cast for any shows at the auditions.  Then, when they need a performer, they pull from the pool. If you don't want to watch the whole video, go to around the 18:30, 18:45 for the dance audition.  To paraphrase, "Of the hundreds who have auditioned in Montreal, only a handful will be selected."  In the video, they went from hundreds to 30 to 4.  And that's only to have a CHANCE at a job.  At least you'll get a job, even if it's a low-paying one, at the end of the DCC auditions.

I'd love to do Cirque one day, but I KNOW they wouldn't want me dancing.  I'd be lucky if they wanted me to work at one of the desks.  I remember one job I was looking at for them (a clerical position).  The one qualification I DIDN'T have?  I couldn't speak French fluently (I still can't).

Elizabeth

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I know DCC is a hard team to make (as is any NFL or NBA team), but do they really think it's any harder than say, Broadway or the Rockettes?  I remember hearing Kelli say that the odds of a girl making the DCC is near to impossible with the odds,

The DCC organization lives in its own little world. They believe they are the be all and end all: the best, the hardest team to make, highest kicks, best dancers, etc, etc, etc. And let's not forget iconic and America's sweethearts.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

6 years

Jenna - Retiring

5 years

4 years

3 years

2 years

1 year (Rookies)

I honestly can see Jinelle coming back for a 6th year. Unlike most of the girls, I believe being a DCC is her LITRAL dream. But what a tough decision for K&J on where to place her in formations, especially if she’s a 6th year but also not as strong as other people. 

You forgot Amy but I see her getting married in the off-season and reauditioning. Yuko too, I see coming back. 

Simone is always injured, I don’t see why they would bring her back. But she’s also not bad, so..

Med School acceptances roll out starting the end of Feb through April if Cersten took her mcat last year like she said she did, so we’ll find out soon if she’s coming back. I doubt she (or anyone) wouldn’t post about their medical school acceptance on Instagram. Aren’t auditions in April? So no news would be bad news (good for DCC though). 

I see them keeping Savannah if there isn’t another potential redhead auditioning as a rookie. Is that shallow of me to say? 

I can see Christina not making it back. But she doesn’t look as bad...recently.

Everyone else I can see return, mayyyybe not Selina depending on the average build of the new girls. But K&J seem to like her so who knows. We know that plays a big part.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

The DCC organization lives in its own little world. They believe they are the be all and end all: the best, the hardest team to make, highest kicks, best dancers, etc, etc, etc. And let's not forget iconic and America's sweethearts.

Yes! The show is just DCC propaganda, with no dissenting view.  I also don't believe most of the narratives for ladies on the team.

On that note:

10 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

Sweet baby jesus, all I can say is I hope Christina takes her year as a DCC and goes out on top. I’m still shocked she even made the team

Is Christina really that bad? Or is she being judged based on the struggler label that the show created for drama?

I  only ask because every time I see her actually dance (unedited and un-narrated) she looks fine IMO.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Is Christina really that bad? Or is she being judged based on the struggler label that the show created for drama?

I  only ask because every time I see her actually dance (unedited and un-narrated) she looks fine IMO.

She actually looks good on the big board and dancing alone, but when you see her in a group in some videos it's a tad clunky. But some of the DCC routines really fit her, like I think she does Power really well whenever I've seen a video of her in that. But she has improved a lot overall now that the dances are in her body. 

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Simone is always injured, I don’t see why they would bring her back. But she’s also not bad, so..

She's also engaged, so that makes another question mark.

1 hour ago, hypeman said:

I guess it depends on each person's opinion.  At the beginning of the season, she was terrible.  I saw her in person a few times at the stadium during games and she made mistakes that were noticeable.  Personally, I do not care for Christina's dancing.  I never have - not when she made TC the first time or any of her dance videos that she posted in the off season to last year's training camp.  I mean now, a full season in, she's not terrible anymore but she's not good either.  She's just...there.  I think she made the team by the skin of her teeth and because Holly and Erica jumped on the cut train.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hypeman said:

Yes! The show is just DCC propaganda, with no dissenting view.  I also don't believe most of the narratives for ladies on the team.

On that note:

I honestly think that she has doesn't have the stamina to last a whole game day. She always looks tired. She is just as good as most of the girls technique wise, even though she is making more mistakes.

18 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I honestly think that she has doesn't have the stamina to last a whole game day. She always looks tired. She is just as good as most of the girls technique wise, even though she is making more mistakes.

Kelli called her in during TC about that. 

51 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I honestly think that she has doesn't have the stamina to last a whole game day. She always looks tired. 

33 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Kelli called her in during TC about that. 

Random, but that's crazy to me especially because she teaches spin classes. Kash teaches classes too (I'm sure they can't be the only two) and she's perfectly fine. I thought she was just looking tired instead of being tired too but if you watch the show, she's out of breath when given corrections. And I assume they do corrections one song/routine at a time. 

Tryouts start in May. Kelli and Judy can like a girl all that want, but in the long run it will be Charlotte who decides if a vet stays or goes. Ann Lux for some reason was on Charlotte's shit list, but she was able to come back. If Charlotte likes or dislikes a girl, the chances of her making it into TC or the team is higher or lower. Most of the time I think Kelli and Charlotte have the most say so in who makes it or not with poor Judy's likes and dislikes being tossed aside. Girls like Morgan from Season 8 may make the team because of someone in the organization like Miss Kitty pushing for her, but she has to bring it next year at tryouts or face being cut at finals.

9 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Tryouts start in May. Kelli and Judy can like a girl all that want, but in the long run it will be Charlotte who decides if a vet stays or goes. Ann Lux for some reason was on Charlotte's shit list, but she was able to come back. If Charlotte likes or dislikes a girl, the chances of her making it into TC or the team is higher or lower. Most of the time I think Kelli and Charlotte have the most say so in who makes it or not with poor Judy's likes and dislikes being tossed aside. Girls like Morgan from Season 8 may make the team because of someone in the organization like Miss Kitty pushing for her, but she has to bring it next year at tryouts or face being cut at finals.

Charlotte is the Vice President in charge of the cheerleaders as well as the Chief Brand Officer. Not to mention, she’s a Jones. Of course her opinion counts more than Kelli’s and especially Judy’s. Kelli may be the DCC director and Judy is just the choreographer. However, Kelli and Judy are Charlotte’s employees and she can void whatever decision they might make when it comes to girls representing her brand. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

How tall are these girls?  Jenna's 5ft??  

For a fact: Former DCCs Caila 5ft9, Megan 5ft8, Current DCCs Khalyn 5ft5 and a half, Kashara 5ft4.

Speculation: Keyra and Kalyssa 5ft1, Jenna, Kelli, Savannah, Yuko 5ft2, Cersten, Christina, 5ft3, Tara, Maddie, Tasha, Gina, Lauryn, Lexie, Simone, Jessika 5ft4 , Alexis,Jinelle, Robin, Amy, Maggie, Kelsey, Rachel, Chantel, Heather 5ft5, Lacey, Stephanie, Selina, Bess 5ft6, Molly, Miranda 5f61/2 or 7  Tess 5ft9 or 10  

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Kalyssa is the tiniest ever to wear the uniform?  Is that who we're talking about?

Yes, Kalyssa.  I wonder whether tiny means height or weight.  I kind of find either hard to believe (although I'm not saying it isn't true); I'm sure she's not the shortest ever, and even on the current team Jinelle looks like she's thinner.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yes, Kalyssa.  I wonder whether tiny means height or weight.  I kind of find either hard to believe (although I'm not saying it isn't true); I'm sure she's not the shortest ever, and even on the current team Jinelle looks like she's thinner.

that's what i was told the seamstress said but it's totally possible she was exaggerating. i agree with you that Jinelle seems even thinner! 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

that's what i was told the seamstress said but it's totally possible she was exaggerating. i agree with you that Jinelle seems even thinner! 

I also agree Jinelle is super thin.  Even though Kalyssa isn't currently this thin (she's still small IMHO), she has been reed thin per her instagram.  The girl could've used several sandwiches at this time.

kalyssa-thin.jpg

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Maybe this was the 1st year the seamstress fitted the girls for new uniforms :)

• Love 1
17 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I know DCC is a hard team to make (as is any NFL or NBA team), but do they really think it's any harder than say, Broadway or the Rockettes?  I remember hearing Kelli say that the odds of a girl making the DCC is near to impossible with the odds, but I can think of one "team" that is harder than ANY NFL or NBA team and may require more talent than Broadway or the Rockettes.  Can anyone guess?  No?

Okay, I won't keep you hanging.  It's Cirque Du Soleil.  

I guess I'm not getting your comparisons.  Auditioning for an NFL or NBA squad is much different than auditioning for Broadway, or auditioning for the Rockettes. There are different paradigms for each group.  Each dance platform has different expectations: there are expectations of power, performance and pop for DCC; precision and formation mirroring for Rockettes, acrobatics and flexibility for Cirque Du Soleil. A girl who has plenty of power and pop to wow DCC may have none of the exact precision necessary for the Rockettes, or the acrobatic skills needed to Cirque Du Soleil.  

I think each group is the top of their particular dance platform, and within their performance sphere are equally difficult to audition for. 

I'm probably looking at this from a way too detailed perspective....  :) lol

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I honestly can see Jinelle coming back for a 6th year. Unlike most of the girls, I believe being a DCC is her LITRAL dream. But what a tough decision for K&J on where to place her in formations, especially if she’s a 6th year but also not as strong as other people. 

You forgot Amy but I see her getting married in the off-season and reauditioning. Yuko too, I see coming back. 

I see them keeping Savannah if there isn’t another potential redhead auditioning as a rookie. Is that shallow of me to say? 

I can see Christina not making it back. But she doesn’t look as bad...recently.

Everyone else I can see return, mayyyybe not Selina depending on the average build of the new girls. But K&J seem to like her so who knows. We know that plays a big part.

Jinelle - You think Jinelle might be a 6th year girl? I can see her coming back to be with Lacey, since Lacey will be the only 5th year girl.  I'm wondering how much roots Jinelle has in Dallas aside from DCC....

I forgot Amy and Yuko!  I think both will re-audition.

You think Savannah will audition again? Some how I just didn't see that from my impression of her in MTT S13. I hope she does.

I know Christina will audition again, and hope she makes it. She tried really hard to be a DCC for so long. Even though I don't know that she's the entire DCC-dancing package, I hope she succeeds again.

I wondered about Selina, but hope she can keep her weight under control so she can come back again!

23 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Who else sees this?

Ninja turtle face.

• Love 2

Take Jenna out of the reauditioning picture, and the team has nine girls with three or more years of DCC experience. I hope Jinelle and Lacey come back. I could see Simone not trying out again because of injuries and getting married. Amy is also engaged, so she may decide to call it quits. Going to be interesting to see who decides to come back in relations to how many spots will be opened. I think it was Season 8 when 32 vets tried out again with three being cut at finals, Courtney Cook leaving before TC even started and of course Chelsea being cut during TC which left 27 vets and 12 rookies. Two girls all ready left the team (Alexander and Milan) so at least two spots are opened if they keep a squad of 36. I think there will be cuts made at finals even with the shortage of girls with three or more years experience.

21 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I know DCC is a hard team to make (as is any NFL or NBA team), but do they really think it's any harder than say, Broadway or the Rockettes?  I remember hearing Kelli say that the odds of a girl making the DCC is near to impossible with the odds, but I can think of one "team" that is harder than ANY NFL or NBA team and may require more talent than Broadway or the Rockettes.  Can anyone guess?

No?

Okay, I won't keep you hanging.  It's Cirque Du Soleil. 

I used to live in Montreal and LOVE Cirque Du Soleil! And you're right, DCC is no where NEAR the same level. Jiggling your butt and prancing around with poms to music is nothing like the sheer athletic talent and skill you need to even be considered for Cirque du Soleil. I've heard of Olympic gymnasts auditioning for Cirque after retiring from their competing career, etc. 

But I suppose you could argue it any which way, since they are very different as someone said upthread. I absolutely don't think that DCC is anywhere near the difficulty level of auditioning for the NYC Ballet, for example. It's like comparing the Berlin Philharmonic to...I dunno...One Direction? I mean, I don't see a comparison, but I'm sure others would argue that One Direction is much better...ahahaha!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Take Jenna out of the reauditioning picture, and the team has nine girls with three or more years of DCC experience. I hope Jinelle and Lacey come back. I could see Simone not trying out again because of injuries and getting married. Amy is also engaged, so she may decide to call it quits. Going to be interesting to see who decides to come back in relations to how many spots will be opened. Two girls all ready left the team (Alexander and Milan) so at least two spots are opened if they keep a squad of 36. I think there will be cuts made at finals even with the shortage of girls with three or more years experience.

Simone is getting married too? Maybe she will opt out, since she's got wedding plans and she seems to get injured a lot.

I know Alexandra left because of a family illness, but I don't get why Milan left.  She already knew the time commitments required to be a DCC - she had a 4.0 GPA from her last year. So she auditions, makes TC, and starts the season THEN decides it's all too much?  Leaves me wondering if something else happened and she stepped away.

So we're possibly looking at 10 4th - 6th year girls, 11 3rd year girls, and 12 2nd year girls.  (The counts are including Jinelle, Simone and Amy, as we don't know if they're planning on retiring or auditioning.)  If everyone currently on the team auditions again (this obviously is no-knowledge of retirees speculation), that means 33 girls auditioning. Not a lot of open spots for Rookies!

If all 2nd years up re-audition, that's 21 3rd year+ girls. That's really good upper level talent on the squad, one we haven't seen in a few years.  The last couple years the squad has been Rookie and 2nd year heavy, so it'd be nice to have that stronger 3rd year + group back.

On 1/7/2018 at 5:40 PM, UnicornKicks said:

I can't even with Maddie. Something just so off about that whole dance. I don't get why she's supposed to be some hip hop phenom, except she's a dorky white girl from Utah. Nothing she does impresses me. 

Also is the black hair back? 

I can’t even with her, either. Co-sign your entire post! The whole dance seemed so off and I was light weight embarrassed for her. I went to an inner city gritty urban high school and the highly untrained cheer girls could dance circles around her without even trying. If I were her, I would stop saying I was a hip hop dancer. She needs to drop that identity, because she is in no way hip hip at all. To be hip hop you have to have some edge, some spice, some sexiness... something about you. It’s the nature of the music. You cannot do hip hop and be entirely clean cut. I just don’t buy what she is selling. For me it is not even really her hair or her face (although those don’t help), it is just the way she moves her body. Ugh. I find her very juvenile and amateur. I can’t believe she teacher power classes. Wonder how she got that gig. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Acromantula said:

I used to live in Montreal and LOVE Cirque Du Soleil! And you're right, DCC is no where NEAR the same level. Jiggling your butt and prancing around with poms to music is nothing like the sheer athletic talent and skill you need to even be considered for Cirque du Soleil.

I agree, but I don't think the difficulty level of what they have to do was the point of the original post, I think it was more about your odds of making DCC vs Broadway vs Rockettes vs Cirque etc...

1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

Maddie did a great job. 

Agreed. Different strokes for different folks.  I actually really liked that dance and thought it seemed fun. I think it was just enough to make girls who aren't rockstar dancers feel like they were killing it. 

18 hours ago, go4luca said:

I also agree Jinelle is super thin.  Even though Kalyssa isn't currently this thin (she's still small IMHO), she has been reed thin per her instagram.  The girl could've used several sandwiches at this time.

kalyssa-thin.jpg

It's not my favorite look either but that's how people tend to look in those competitions, esp if they want their pro card.  I will say it's impressive her bulk from the first year to second and that she managed to put weight back on after competing without blowing up like so many women do!  Glad she (and Tasha) don't seem to be into this world anymore. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

It's not my favorite look either but that's how people tend to look in those competitions, esp if they want their pro card.  I will say it's impressive her bulk from the first year to second and that she managed to put weight back on after competing without blowing up like so many women do!  Glad she (and Tasha) don't seem to be into this world anymore. 

I think she looks like Ashley Kelly in season 4 in this picture minus the muscles.  LOL

• Love 3

That was the point of my post.  It isn't about the talent or the difficulty level or even if you're cross-trained in various things, It was the odds.  Kelli has said numerous times that the odds for making the DCC are next to nothing on a good day (paraphrasing here) when other companies (in a similar line of work) likely have odds just as bad, if not worse.

I think you have to take what Kelli says with a grain of salt. Part of the appeal of the DCCs is that they are the cream of crop, so she’s going to make comments to further that image, whether it’s exaggerated or not.  She’s a marketer more than anything, and since the DCCs clearly control what is aired, it’s not like she is going to get checked by anyone. 

Beyond the spin on the show however, I doubt most or any of the girls truly believe that being a DCC is on par with dancing on Broadway, the Rockettes, Cirque de Soleil and certainly not ABT/SF Ballet/NYCB/etc, either in terms of skill or selectivity.  I’m sure they’re proud of being a DCC, but I doubt they’re delusional. 

• Love 5