Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Re: Jenna, my guess is she was absolved of a legal issue and because of that thought she was entitled to reclaim her level of status on the squad. I think her tenure, talent and maybe even her military family background is what prevented her dismissal. I do not believe she was directly or specifically involved in a crime, but there is something rotting in Denmark. Guilty by association perhaps. Or just plain old wrong place at the wrong time.

Edited by RedDelicious
4 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Is there any other video of KaShara being chosen as PBC?  The one on Twitter just shows her collapsing and crying; no actual announcement. I liked it when they used to do a video of it in the DCC locker room.

I saw the video on IG from the DCC account. I just gotta say.....Jenna looks like she’s about to pull a “Miss Congeniality” film move and steal the “crown.”  Have more chill, damn. ? It’s not you and it won’t be you, Kanye shrug. She looks forced happy. I feel bad for her—And I actually like Jenna’s dance style! But crap happened this year and the thirst is very real. Back up, Jenna lolololol Congrats to Kashexy, she looks adorable and humble in the IG video. 

Edited by Cappuccinagina
Can’t spell and wanted to add a smidge more
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Could just be an unflattering photo. 

A little off topic, but has anyone seen this illustration? It is very creative and super cute, methinks. Done by Caricatures by Matt:

Screenshot_20171228-081909.jpg

So cute and creative! love this!!

• Love 6
7 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Re: Jenna, my guess is she was absolved of a legal issue and because of that thought she was entitled to reclaim her level of status on the squad. I think her tenure, talent and maybe even her military family background is what prevented her dismissal. I do not believe she was directly or specifically involved in a crime, but there is something rotting in Denmark. Guilty by association perhaps. Or just plain old wrong place at the wrong time.

I think she was just entitled, never quite understood why she was being punished (they do pick and choose what they enforce), and honestly, rude. She never considered how much work it takes Judy to reblock, or the feelings of other girls who would have to demote so Jenna could be point again. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I saw the video on IG from the DCC account. I just gotta say.....Jenna looks like she’s about to pull a “Miss Congeniality” film move and steal the “crown.”  Have more chill, damn. ? It’s not you and it won’t be you, Kanye shrug. She looks forced happy. I feel bad for her—And I actually like Jenna’s dance style! But crap happened this year and the thirst is very real. Back up, Jenna lolololol Congrats to Kashexy, she looks adorable and humble in the IG video. 

What I see is disappointment and regret.  She was the uncontested choice for point.  She got it, and then got in trouble. She said she was disappointed in herself on the show.  I have no evidence to say she blamed someone else or said she was treated unfairly.  From the outside looking in she made a mistake, took her lumps, and performed her job to the best of her ability.

Besides it looks like they were in formation when it was announced or at least she was standing close to Kashara.  Kash got rushed by the girls and Jenna was pressed towards her.  No doubt, Jenna was hoping she behaved her way off the shit list.   I understand her reaction and the spontaneity of the situation.  She did better than I probably could have and congratulated her.  I'm so happy that my disappointments are not being recorded.

Jenna was set to retire last year, and then "encouraged" to stay.  She screwed it up.  I think she's allowed to not be bubbly and fake when confronted with her mistakes.

Kash stepped up and did her thang, so no hate to her.

Jenna has a lot of personal fortitude.  She got humiliated but didn't run and hide.  She persevered.  I admire her for that.

She is human.

• Love 24
28 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Jenna has a lot of personal fortitude.  She got humiliated but didn't run and hide.  She persevered.  I admire her for that.

She is human.

I find her annoying but this is a really nice thing to say about her.  And I agree with your words. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 10

Of all the things to criticize Jenna for, and there are certainly many, her not looking happy enough for Kashara is probably the pettiest. 

I really wonder the thoughts going through both Jenna’s head and Kelli’s. I wonder if Jenna is happy she stayed or wishes she had dipped with Holly or just been quietly cut like Erica. She obviously genuinely enjoys being a DCC, but is the pseudo-fame worth the humiliation? Don’t get me wrong, I think there’s value in taking your lumps, but the situation overall just seemed toxic. Likewise, I don’t feel like Kelli ever moved on from it, which im sure added to the toxicity. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, hypeman said:

What I see is disappointment and regret.  She was the uncontested choice for point.  She got it, and then got in trouble. She said she was disappointed in herself on the show.  I have no evidence to say she blamed someone else or said she was treated unfairly.  From the outside looking in she made a mistake, took her lumps, and performed her job to the best of her ability.

Besides it looks like they were in formation when it was announced or at least she was standing close to Kashara.  Kash got rushed by the girls and Jenna was pressed towards her.  No doubt, Jenna was hoping she behaved her way off the shit list.   I understand her reaction and the spontaneity of the situation.  She did better than I probably could have and congratulated her.  I'm so happy that my disappointments are not being recorded.

Jenna was set to retire last year, and then "encouraged" to stay.  She screwed it up.  I think she's allowed to not be bubbly and fake when confronted with her mistakes.

She is human.

As a former NFL cheerleader I think a lot of y'all are forgetting this very important fact-these women are HUMAN. How many times have you made a mistake at work? What if that mistake was held above your head forever? Obviously, this is not a typical corporate environment, but basic human emotion will always remain and probably amplified in this environment.

There have been trips, opportunities, appearances, etc that I received when I was cheering that I waited to tell anyone about because I knew their disappointment would be real. Most people don't enjoy watching their teammates disappointed. There are times when other teammates got something and I was disappointed. Why? Because that's human emotion. Everyone thinks they are putting in their best effort. Everyone wants to believe they are the best representative of the organization. Everyone wants the once in a lifetime opportunities. 

Regardless of all the drama in the NFL right now, the NFL is still king. 26 teams have cheerleaders. Those teams have about 32 dancers, give or take. If you are on a team, you are about one in 830 women in the world. Do you realize how insanely competitive that makes this environment? Especially when most women come from being the best dancer/cheerleader on whatever team they came from. So yeah, there's going to be jealously, disappointment, etc. and that's not just limited to the DCC. I have friends on other teams and save for maybe the Chiefs, this happens on every team. 

Sorry for the novel, I just keep reading these replies and I guess the lack of empathy is surprising to me.

• Love 23

I’ve been way over Jenna and her over exposure for at least two years now, but she can’t win no matter what she does. No matter how she reacted at Kashara or anyone getting anything, she’s going to be over critiqued based on what we want to think she did, not what she actually did.

Dear Lord, please let this girl retire and go away. 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, hypeman said:

I thought team vote was just for show, and that management decides who gets PBC.  Therefore, we don't know how anyone voted.

I feel like there is no way the team would have voted for someone who -literally- was handed every other accolade this year. Wouldn’t it have been precious if Robin/Lacey was chosen? JUST to change things up, even.

14 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

KaShara could dance crop circles around Cassie Trammel. 

I screamed ??? fine, I’ll give you that. 

16 minutes ago, dccfan321 said:

Sorry for the novel, I just keep reading these replies and I guess the lack of empathy is surprising to me.

People just want to hate Jenna. Which is why I’m hating Kashara until further notice ? 

I don’t think we can have a real conversation about Jenna/Kashara until people come to grips with the fact that Jenna had to be AMAZING to be point, Kashara just had to be good. Now why is that? ?

maybe it has something to do with the amount of time you dedicate to the organization outside of practices, performances, and appearances? I’m just thinking out loud here. 

Because if it really comes down to hair color and ass-kissing, I’m going to be very disappointed. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I don’t think we can have a real conversation about Jenna/Kashara until people come to grips with the fact that Jenna had to be AMAZING to be point, Kashara just had to be good. Now why is that? ?

You just gave me life!  THERE IS NOW OFFICIALLY AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

Reminds me of "Twice as good, to get half as much."

Edited by hypeman
getting it right
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, tajalexander said:

People just want to hate Jenna. Which is why I’m hating Kashara until further notice ? 

Maybe I'm naive, but I never looked at anything people are saying as hateful (I'm talking people here, I have no clue what kind of comments are being made on SM).  I'm annoyed by the "Kashara and the DCC show" this year, Jenna can be annoying to me, but I certainly don't hate either of them, they're just not favorites of mine.

1 minute ago, tajalexander said:

Because if it really comes down to hair color and ass-kissing, I’m going to be very disappointed. 

LOL!

• Love 4
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Maybe I'm naive, but I never looked at anything people are saying as hateful (I'm talking people here, I have no clue what kind of comments are being made on SM).  I'm annoyed by the "Kashara and the DCC show" this year, Jenna can be annoying to me, but I certainly don't hate either of them, they're just not favorites of mine.

LOL!

Sing it to the choir! Just because someone does not like certain girls does not mean they "hate" them. We all have our favorites or non favorites on here.

32 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I don’t think the criticism aimed at either girl compares to what we saw with Cassie, which I think comes much closer to hate. With Kashara, most (though not all) of the criticism seems aimed at her dancing, spot in the formation, or the show trying to portray her as the best DCC ever, not her as a person. With Jenna, the criticism is more character-based and personal, but it still isn’t like Cassie, and Jenna has far more fans/defenders. I shudder to think what the boards were like for Cassie fans back in the day. She got slammed (irrationally IMO) for character, dance, and everything in between. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Just because someone does not like certain girls does not mean they "hate" them. We all have our favorites or non favorites on here.

34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Hate was a strong word, I'll give ya'll that. But I think that it's crazy to me that there has been VERY little room for forgiveness of Jenna's mistakes. To the point that we (I'll include myself because I did rewatch the video to see what Jenna's reaction was) nitpick that her level of jubilation was only at a 4 and not the recommended DCC 9.5. I wish the dance team decisions were more.. dance-focused. 

34 minutes ago, hypeman said:

You just gave me life!  THERE IS NOW OFFICIALLY AN ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!

Reminds me of "Twice as good, to get half as much."

cmon Scandal reference! You see where I'm going. 

19 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t the criticism aimed at either girl compares to what we saw with Cassie, which I think comes much closer to hate. With Kashara, most (though not all) of the criticism seems aimed at her dancing, spot in the formation, or the show trying to portray her as the best DCC ever, not her as a person. With Jenna, the criticism is more character-based and personal

Edited by tajalexander
condensed rant
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Hate was a strong word, I'll give ya'll that. But I think that it's crazy to me that there has been VERY little room for forgiveness of Jenna's mistakes. To the point that we (I'll include myself because I did rewatch the video to see what Jenna's reaction was) nitpick that her level of jubilation was only at a 4 and not the recommended DCC 9.5. I'm not a big fan of the fact that someone can state that Jenna is outdancing Kashara and that she looks amazing in a clip and all we get back is "But Jenna messed up with K&J!" "Look at Kashara! She's so bubbly she's almost Sailor Mercury!" "Long Live the blonde point!" "She was born with it, it's not Mabelline!"

cmon Scandal reference! You see where I'm going. 

The same thing could be said for other current and former DCCs in the past. Just because someone does not care for one of the girls does not mean they hate them. All of us need to realize we all will like or dislike all the girls. Like Kelli has said there is variety for the fans. I have nothing against Jenna. I thought she was cute, adorable, and a fine DCC when she first made the team. but she has changed since her first year. Same with former, current TC Candidates and DCCs. In the great theme of life, it will not matter one day who made or did not make the team, or who got Pro Bowl, group leader, Show Group etc. etc. because the world was able to move on from the DCC drama, the sun came out, and people got on with their lives. It is not live and death, and the team as a whole and Jenna, KaShara, Holly and Erica have moved on. I wish all four of them a life time of love, peace and happiness.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It is not live and death, and the team as a whole and Jenna, KaShara, Holly and Erica have moved on. I wish all four of them a life time of love, peace and happiness.

Technically speaking, Erica posts like she's still very much on the team. Which reminds me, I really admire the way Milan seemed to be okay with letting it go to pursue other things. 

• Love 1

Other former DCCs have posted pictures from their DCC days.  I see nothing wrong with it. Now if they are doing it 24/7 along with talking about 24/7 365 days a year or since the day they were cut or left the team, I would say they need to focus on something else.

2 hours ago, hypeman said:

She is human.

Honestly? I would have liked her as a pbc just because she earned it with her dancing,especially this year. I don't like her at all and prefer Kash as point, but still think it's unfair she's still being punished because if we want to be honest, she is their best dancer at the moment, one of the best reps and apparently good enough to be point.

54 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I feel like there is no way the team would have voted for someone who -literally- was handed every other accolade this year. Wouldn’t it have been precious if Robin/Lacey was chosen? JUST to change things up, even.

maybe it has something to do with the amount of time you dedicate to the organization outside of practices, performances, and appearances? I’m just thinking out loud here. 

Why do you think this? I think I'm not getting what you mean. I honestly think that Kashara just needed to be extra lucky to get this spot. From the girls they've left who are eligible for point, I do think that she's the best but she would never have a chance at point had Holly, Erica and Jenna retained their status and definitely not if all the girls who retired last year decided to come back. If Kash has gotten point from all of the above girls, then i would totally agree there is a not-so-innocent reason she is chosen over them.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Why do you think this? I think I'm not getting what you mean. I honestly think that Kashara just needed to be extra lucky to get this spot. From the girls they've left who are eligible for point, I do think that she's the best but she would never have a chance at point had Holly, Erica and Jenna retained their status and definitely not if all the girls who retired last year decided to come back. If Kash has gotten point from all of the above girls, then i would totally agree there is a not-so-innocent reason she is chosen over them.

I think it’s weird that all of the other eligible 1st group leaders were passed up for the position and it went to a 2nd group leader of the least inspired group on the squad.

Especially given the fact that girls that have been on the team an equal amount of time or longer than her and outdance her, aren’t given the same opportunities or gushed over as much. 

• Love 4

Brittany Evans was not a group leader or assistant group leader when she was voted PB Girl in Season 5. I do not see this as a punishment for Jenna. I do not think Kelli, Judy and Charlotte went to the girls and told them to vote against Jenna to teach her another lesson. Just because someone has been on the team the longest or is Group One leader or assistant leader does not mean she should be PB Girl. The girls and the DCC Organization do not have an agenda to punish and teach Jenna one lesson after another. Jenna is still group one leader, makes appearances, in Show Group, and in the top three at the point of the triangle. If they really wanted to punish her, they would say no more performing and take away her leadership of group one, and no more appearances or Show Group. In fact, they could have said no more six years, and you will start over as a rookie if they really wanted to punish her.

45 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Other former DCCs have posted pictures from their DCC days.  I see nothing wrong with it. Now if they are doing it 24/7 along with talking about 24/7 365 days a year or since the day they were cut or left the team, I would say they need to focus on something else.

If you read what Erica posts, though, she definitely gives the impression she is still on the squad.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, 8dallas said:

Now that this sad and emotinal season is finally over...final thoughts

Kashara is the most overrated, overfavored, dcc they have ever had even more than dare i say it!!! CASSIE TRAMMEL...now that is out if the way.

You can tell Jenna was over it at the last home game. Usually the "retiring seniors" take pictures with her group one last time. She and her grouped booked it off the field...I felt for her, she gave her teens and early 20s to this Empire known as Dallas Cowboys.

Jinelle or Lacey not getting Pro Bowl is degrading. ..the only other time i felt like this was when Allie got it over Brooke i think. 

You could tell when kashara was annouced at the game it was a half hearted celebration for her from the squad. I totally believe she has become full of herself. When ur on a team and a coach favors you, your whole idea of youself changes either for better or worst. Here its like a doubled ended candle and karma will come back on Kelli and Judy for how they exploited Jenna for views and drama for a show that already has enough stress and emotion. 

Lastly before anyone says anything like jenna broke rules she deserves it.. than explain to me how Tobie Huff has a huge blown up picture at the in-stadium cowboy store still when its known she has pictures out there of her showing herself..yet she stayed and got all the goods of being a dcc and i actually like tobie..i mean whitney embrassed the entire franchise..and she still got to stay around..im pretty sure black face shouldve gotten her the boot. 

Cassie is a mean nasty bitch who made the squad and got to travel with show group with an injury. Nepotism at its worst!  Kashara is always sweet and humble.

1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

People hate Jenna for a good reason.  She blatantly broke DCC rules and is still there.

From what I understand getting point is more that being the best dancer, other factors are involved.

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word

I made this just for fun and I'm curious on your thoughts! I tried the idea of making the front diamond the group leaders and the second leaders right behind them. The bolded names are the brunettes and the italicized names are the red-heads.

Jenna

Jinelle           Lacey

Robin            Kashara       Amy L

Maggie           Bess          Heather O   Cersten

Tasha          Chantel       Madeline       Kelli       Stephanie

Khalyn       Simone          Milan               Tess          Kelsey      Kalyssa

Gina        Jessika          Yuko             Tara           Selina         Molly        Lauren

Lexie       Miranda     Savannah       Rachel           Alexis      Alexandria   Christina    Keyra                          

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Kashara is always sweet and humble.

People hate Jenna for a good reason.  She blatantly broke DCC rules and is still there.

From what I understand getting point is more that being the best dancer, other factors are involved.

Yea, Kashara is sweet. I enjoyed her little Yuko segment in the beginning.

People hate Jenna for breaking a sexist and one sided rule when she was presented with a situation that damn near anyone else in Dallas would have made the same decisions in at that age. I would LOVE to date an NFL player. ? And that one?! please. now, where my dawg messed up is she got careless and caught.

Maybe there are other factors into getting point but I mean at the end of the day this IS a dance team, in my opinion. Jenna could have worked her way back to point, I think. But again, careless mistakes.  She’s still the best dancer on that team this year. Bar none.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I promised the person who told me about the Jenna saga I would not spill the beans on here. I trust the person who gave me the whole story, and lets just say it is interesting.

Ahh!  You have me dying over the Jenna story!  Can't you give us a hint?

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Kelli, Judy and Charlotte went to the girls and told them to vote against Jenna to teach her another lesson.

Someone please correct me, but isn't the team vote meaningless.  MANAGEMENT DECIDES WHO GETS PRO BOWL.

I wouldn't believe the team picked Kashara over Jenna, Lacey, or Jinelle if Kelli knocked on my door as told me so herself.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Cassie is a mean nasty bitch who made the squad and got to travel with show group with an injury. Nepotism at its worst!

28 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I have some shocking news for y'all.   DCC management plays favorites and unevenly applies the rules.   There are numerous examples of this.  I feel like the hate should be directed at those who made those decisions (Kellie, Judy, Charlotte).

14 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

I made this just for fun and I'm curious on your thoughts! I tried the idea of making the front diamond the group leaders and the second leaders right behind them. The bolded names are the brunettes and the italicized names are the red-heads.

Jenna

Jinelle           Lacey

Robin            Kashara       Amy L

Maggie           Bess          Heather O   Cersten

Tasha          Chantel       Madeline       Kelli       Stephanie

Khalyn       Simone          Milan               Tess          Kelsey      Kalyssa

Gina        Jessika          Yuko             Tara           Selina         Molly        Lauren

Lexie       Miranda     Savannah       Rachel           Alexis      Alexandria   Christina    Keyra                          

Seems about right to me.  Your hired.

Kellie security will see you out!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I have some shocking news for y'all.   DCC management plays favorites and unevenly applies the rules.   There are numerous examples of this.  I feel like the hate should be directed at those who made those decisions (Kellie, Judy, Charlotte).

I certainly agree with this. Rumors have float around about how certain girls aka the favorites getting away with things, and other girls who get cut for the same thing. I remember in Season 5 insiders were saying Amy Reese got cut for partying or missing curfew during the calendar shoot, and a few of the favorites ratted her out. The same thing with weight gain. Being a Kelli favorite saved Danielle from being cut in her second season along with the fact Kelli and Charlotte knew they would take heat if Danielle was cut due to her injury, and Cassie made the team for her fifth and final year with a more serious knee injury. Just like certain girls who make it into TC or on the team because Kelli and/or Charlotte are drooling in their panty hose over them, but Judy does not approve or wants to give other girls a chance.

7 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I certainly agree with this. Rumors have float around about how certain girls aka the favorites getting away with things, and other girls who get cut for the same thing. I remember in Season 5 insiders were saying Amy Reese got cut for partying or missing curfew during the calendar shoot, and a few of the favorites ratted her out. The same thing with weight gain. Being a Kelli favorite saved Danielle from being cut in her second season along with the fact Kelli and Charlotte knew they would take heat if Danielle was cut due to her injury, and Cassie made the team for her fifth and final year with a more serious knee injury. Just like certain girls who make it into TC or on the team because Kelli and/or Charlotte are drooling in their panty hose over them, but Judy does not approve or wants to give other girls a chance.

Being Kelli's favorite helped Briana last half a season of the show. Judy was over it. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Amen! Outside of quitting, Jenna had no control over whether she stayed on the team. If they choose to enforce the rules unevenly, which they do, that’s not the girl’s fault.  Likewise, Kashara, nor any girl, has any control over she stands in the formation. If someone doesn’t like the formation (I don’t!), blame K&J. 

I think Kelli is a master at marketing and placement. Like, she is truly phenomenal at that aspect of her job. When it comes personnel matters however, based on what I’ve seen on the show and read here, she kind of sucks. I leave Judy out of it because I’m not sure how much control she has over anything one way or another. 

• Love 5

Jenna did play a role in what happened. Kelli and Judy did not tell her to go out and break the rules more than once. If she is on the team, it is part on her and part on the organization. I think Judy wanted her gone, but it was Kelli and Charlotte who wanted her to stay. Kelli and Judy do not have complete control over what happens. Charlotte and even Daddy Jones play a part in what happens with the DCC squad. In fact, I think they have more of a say so than Kelli and especially Judy do. If Jenna was not happy, she could have left the squad. She choose to stay.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The girls and the DCC Organization do not have an agenda to punish and teach Jenna one lesson after another. Jenna is still group one leader, makes appearances, in Show Group, and in the top three at the point of the triangle. If they really wanted to punish her, they would say no more performing and take away her leadership of group one, and no more appearances or Show Group. In fact, they could have said no more six years, and you will start over as a rookie if they really wanted to punish her.

? + adding If they really wanted to punish her, they’d just cut her and be done. She lives and breathes DCC and has nothing else going on in her life. 

• Love 2

Well obviously they have their favorites,none of the decisions are objective and it's almost never on merit. And that happens in the real world as well. People will give chances to those they like even if there are more qualified people out there. But in this case? I think we're overthinking it. Jenna lost her spot and Jinelle would never ever be part of the triangle, let alone get point. Lacey has never been a power dancer and that's exactly what we've been saying about her up until a few months ago. Kashara seems like a good teammate and that's what they wanted after everything that happened. I don't think any other third year deserved it more than Kash and I don't think she did anything shady or wrong to get ahead of the others. She just got lucky.

Edited by dreamcatcher
I can't English
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

? + adding If they really wanted to punish her, they’d just cut her and be done. She lives and breathes DCC and has nothing else going on in her life. 

In otherwords, the perfect DCC. Kelli and Charlotte like the girls who live and breathe being a DCC 24/7/365. Remember how Charlotte went after Ann Lux in Season 6 because she thought she was not the total DCC package (not willing to kiss her behind and act like being a DCC is the most special and the biggest honor in the whole wide universe.) I wondered if she thought the same thing of Raylee leading to her being cut.

6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well obviously they have their favorites,none of the decisions are objective and it's almost never on merit. And that happens in the real world as well. People will give chances to those they like even if there are more qualified people out there. But in this case? I think we're overthinking it. Jenna lost her spot and Jinelle would never ever be part of the triangle, let alone get point. Lacey has never been a power dancer and that's exactly what we've been saying about her up until a few months ago. Kashara seems like a good teammate and that's what they wanted after everything that happened. I don't think any other third year old deserved it more than Kash and I don't think she did anything shady or wrong to get ahead of the others. She just got lucky.

? here, too + I have no idea why anyone thinks part-time entertainment jobs, from a privately owned company, are or have to be fair and merit based. 

Like I always say, this isn’t a government contract, no body starves or dies, nowhere does anything say it has to be fair if one girl gets overlooked or another one looked at too much. 

Kashara didn’t lie, cheat, bribe, steal, or sleep with anybody to get where she is. Nobody dies if she’s front and center for a year.

I absolutely do believe she was voted in by the girls and approved by management. She seems to be very well liked, and has worked very hard this year to jump in and pick up Erica’s slack as a group leader, become point, juggle show group and take on a lot of teaching and management responsibilities.

Jinelle keeps to herself and was probably not considered by many, Kashara has retirement talk, and Lacey is most likely coming back.

All these girls may be over The Jenna show and her extraness, and also not want to upset managment by choosing her. Kelli is clearly over Jenna and Judy doesn’t seem to be fighting for her. Jenna needs to get a life and get the heck out of there.

8 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In otherwords, the perfect DCC. Kelli and Charlotte like the girls who live and breathe being a DCC 24/7/365. Remember how Charlotte went after Ann Lux in Season 6 because she thought she was not the total DCC package (not willing to kiss her behind and act like being a DCC is the most special and the biggest honor in the whole wide universe.) I wondered if she thought the same thing of Raylee leading to her being cut.

Perfect except for fraternizing for almost two years and gettting caught up in the Holly and Erica ego train and thinking shes above rules.

When Kelli is done, she’s done, and she’s already stuck a fork in Jenna.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, dccfan321 said:

As a former NFL cheerleader I think a lot of y'all are forgetting this very important fact-these women are HUMAN. How many times have you made a mistake at work? What if that mistake was held above your head forever? Obviously, this is not a typical corporate environment, but basic human emotion will always remain and probably amplified in this environment.  

Care to divulge what team? 

3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Amen! Outside of quitting, Jenna had no control over whether she stayed on the team. If they choose to enforce the rules unevenly, which they do, that’s not the girl’s fault.  Likewise, Kashara, nor any girl, has any control over she stands in the formation. If someone doesn’t like the formation (I don’t!), blame K&J. 

I think Kelli is a master at marketing and placement. Like, she is truly phenomenal at that aspect of her job. When it comes personnel matters however, based on what I’ve seen on the show and read here, she kind of sucks. I leave Judy out of it because I’m not sure how much control she has over anything one way or another. 

Stop reading my thoughts and then posting them before I get a chance to.  LOL.

I agree completely.  Kelli seems to be the definition of petty, when crossed.  The whole public shaming of Jenna, the hyping of Kashara, and the protracted punishment of Jenna really only has Kelli's fingerprints on it.  I've always thought Erica's actions of drinking on the job and posting it, was a f$%k you directed at management.  I do think "the rise of Kashara" was sort of directed at her only available target, Jenna.

My conspiracy theory is long on conjecture and short on facts, but here goes.  Kelli gave Jenna and Holly second chances after whatever happened last season that kept them off the USO tour.   So when more mess was uncovered this season, she felt hurt, disrespected, betrayed, etc.  You know the rest.  Were her feelings justified?  I  think so.  But the reality is it was better for the team if Jenna stayed (proven group leader, best dancer, show group, etc.).  The girl is good at her job.  Kelli didn't want to shoot herself in the foot, so kicking her two best dancers off was not going to happen. She's a realist.  However, she was going to make it hurt.  No six year accolades that Jenna was hoping for.  Was it petty?  I think so.

Simply put Kelli held a grudge.  Petty, but I do understand it.  

• Love 2

Stepping aside from the Jenna and Kashara with a dose of Lacey conversation for a second, can someone help me out? Who else was a rookie with Erica, Melissa, Lacey other than 

Mary, Carla, Ashley Pro, Victoria, Breelan. 

I feel like I’m missing someone. Was Samantha with that group?  

15 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Simply put Kelli held a grudge.  Petty, but I do understand it.  

Definitely. And it’s not just Jenna. Kelli has shown her disdain for others too. For example, once Chelsea walked out that office and started cutting up about Kelli’s warning and then came in and put on an act in the office, her days were numbered. Someone put it perfectly, when Kelli is done with you, she is done. She had given Jenna a second chance, and she screwed up again. Add to Jenna making it known that she hoped to get point back, and she was doner than done in Kelli’s eyes. Actually watching the show and seeing how much Kelli seems to have a distaste for her now, i actually don’t get why they didn’t cut her. At that point, I assume they didn’t know that Erica would also blatantly break a rule so soon after her 2 besties got caught. Maybe they just didn’t think Amy was ready to step up and be the group 1 leader? 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Stepping aside from the Jenna and Kashara with a dose of Lacey conversation for a second, can someone help me out? Who else was a rookie with Erica, Melissa, Lacey other than 

Mary, Carla, Ashley Pro, Victoria, Breelan. 

I feel like I’m missing someone. Was Samantha with that group?  

Loren and Courtney 

Edited by Slate
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

On the caricatures, I have no idea who is on either side of Holly.  By process of elimination I'm guessing the brunette is Jax, but I have no clue who the blonde is.

Heather O is the blonde and Jax is the brunette

I don't get the hate for Kashara when she never asked for all the things she has been given. She was just in the right place at the right time. If people want to dislike/hate her for things she has control over (such as personal choices or things she has said/done)  that's fair, not so much when based on decisions made by others when she was just doing her best as a DCC.   I don't think she should quit DCC if she loves it because once it's over it's over. If she wants one more year, and earns her place back, why she shouldn't live her life in a way that makes her happy? Would any of us want someone to tell us to walk away from something we love forever because they think we should for "reasons"? Saying she would be hogging point is also not on her, that's DCC leaderships decision, not Kashara's. She shouldn't have to quit to be fair to other girls for something she has no control over. (would like to see point a least rotated though, if another DCC has what it takes, ahem K & J.)

Poor Jenna can't win. The girl should be allowed to have her moment of being sad that she will never be PB for DCC. There's nothing wrong with being disappointed you missed a shot at something forever and needing a little time to process it.  She's not a monster, she's a girl who is human and made some mistakes as we all do. The difference is, she has had to learn from them in a spotlight under really unkind scrutiny. I truly feel for her. 

Both these girls are talented and beautiful. I don't see why it seems someone has to hate one to love the other. As always, YMMV, I am just stating my POV, not trying to tell others how to feel about stuff. (and also, word, to the others who have echoed the same thoughts)

Also, that DCC caricature would be a really cute poster. And I want one.

Edited by Glamourdoll
  • Love 15