Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

57 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I only listened to the podcast too, but I think someone said Amy hold up two fingers when Shannon ask her and Alexis about how many girls were not going to tryout again.

At about 49:22  she says  "everyone  like in almost the 3rd years are" and then holds up 2 fingers.

(edited)
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't she the one who traveled with her husband in the RV and stopped in Dallas so she decided to audition? I remember she didn't have on any kind of audition type outfit.

No. She was the fuzzy haired blonde that introduced herself as being 28 and admitting the hardest part would be dancing. When the final numbers were shown for prelims, she sort of frowned a little bit and turned away in disappointment. 

Edited by tinabee1967
4 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Wow...it's a bit sad that 5 three year vets are retiring! I'm mostly surprised about Robin! I will miss having them on the team but happy for Amy and KaShara that they can continue to represent their rookie class as strong leaders and the only two returning from season 10's rookies! I loved that rookie class! I wonder how many of the returning vets will be cut at finals! It's all so exciting lol!

Wow tha means that for the next 2 years they wont have any 5 year vet? Assuming Lacey is leaving and that both of them will retire next year (Amy for her wedding, Kashara because there's no point in staying honestly). On the one hand they definitely need some stability, on the other hand I can't say that I want that many 1-2 year vets to stay much longer. Hope they get some good candidates this year.

(edited)
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Wow tha means that for the next 2 years they wont have any 5 year vet?

But from what @MrsEVH posted from the podcast, unless I'm reading this totally wrong, it sounds like 2 are not going to try out, meaning the rest of them are.  My guess...Simone & Bess.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Wow...it's a bit sad that 5 three year vets are retiring! I'm mostly surprised about Robin! I will miss having them on the team but happy for Amy and KaShara that they can continue to represent their rookie class as strong leaders and the only two returning from season 10's rookies! I loved that rookie class! I wonder how many of the returning vets will be cut at finals! It's all so exciting lol!

Is it confirmed about Robyn or is it speculation?

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But from what @MrsEVH posted from the podcast, unless I'm reading this totally wrong, it sounds like 2 are not going to try out, meaning the rest of them are.  My guess...Simone & Bess.

I'm still confused as to why Amy held up the 2 fingers. Did she mean (like you said) 2 are not coming back or possibly they lost 2 more of the 3 yr vets ?

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

i hope this is actually what it is!!! that would make WAY more sense.  I really thought Stephanie would return, she's been killing it in the gym and going to so many classes.  I could even see Simone doing one more year (tho when exactly is her wedding?) and I truly thought Robin would too.  Chantel is actually the one I thought may retire with Bess, just because she's been pro dancing for a long time. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

i hope this is actually what it is!!! that would make WAY more sense.  I really thought Stephanie would return, she's been killing it in the gym and going to so many classes.  I could even see Simone doing one more year (tho when exactly is her wedding?) and I truly thought Robin would too.  Chantel is actually the one I thought may retire with Bess, just because she's been pro dancing for a long time. 

Is Simone still engaged? I noticed she wasn't wearing a ring at Jax's wedding and she hasn't posted a picture with her fiance since September.

17 minutes ago, doglover0814 said:

Is Simone still engaged? I noticed she wasn't wearing a ring at Jax's wedding and she hasn't posted a picture with her fiance since September.

hmm, i don't know! her FB says she is still engaged and profile pic is with him but it's from September.  She doesn't seem to be on FB much (tho i'm not friends with her so it's very possible i don't see latest).  I know in December when she was DCC of the week she mentioned him as the most inspirational person in her life, about how hardworking he is, etc. 

(edited)

Of all the third years I wish Bess and Steph would stay. They seem like good leaders, bummed about robin too. I’d pick Tasha as group leader over Cersten since she’s more mature. This will definitely be an interesting year. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I only listened to the podcast too, but I think someone said Amy hold up two fingers when Shannon ask her and Alexis about how many girls were not going to tryout again.

No no I watched it! She said it’s sad because every one is basically saying “dueces” and held up a peace sign!

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

At about 49:22  she says  "everyone  like in almost the 3rd years are" and then holds up 2 fingers.

She said something along the lines of “all the third years are saying dueces and held up a peace sign 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Hey y’all so I decided to start of list of ones we know are re auditioning and ones that are for sure retiring ! 

Amy l/ re auditioning 

Alexis re auditioning

Molly re auditioning

Gina/ re auditioning

Heather / re auditioning

Lauren/ re auditioning

Kashara / re auditioning

Keyra / re auditioning

Selina / re auditioning

Cersten

Chantel

Christina / re auditioning

Elizabeth 

Jenna / retiring 

Jessika 

Kelli

Kelsey

Lacy

Lexi 

Maggie / retiring 

Miranda 

Molly 

Rachel 

Robin

Simone

Stephanie 

Tara

Tasha

Tess

Yuko 

Savanna 

I asked Kelli on Twitter if she's auditioning for a 3rd season and she said she is.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

She even admits in the comments she isn't one...but it's the job she was hired to? what does that even mean exactly? i would be TICKED if I was a mom and took my child in, got treated by her saying 'i'm the pediatric nurse' and finding out she doesn't have the degree...!! YIKES.  

I just read that too...very confusing

How does one get hired to be a nurse without a nursing degree? That seems as though it would be illegal and completely unethical

Screenshot_20180308-1901441.jpg

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 1
(edited)

BSN is a 4 year college nursing degree, or bachelor of science in nursing. You can work as a nurse without a college degree as an RN (2-3 years) registered nurse, or LPN (1 year) licensed practical nurse. I'm guessing she's a LPN. Or even a Certified Nursing Assistant which is lower still. By her screen name, I'm guessing she's a CNA.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 4
(edited)
45 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

BSN is a 4 year college nursing degree, or bachelor of science in nursing. You can work as a nurse without a college degree as an RN (2-3 years) registered nurse, or LPN (1 year) licensed practical nurse. I'm guessing she's a LPN. Or even a Certified Nursing Assistant which is lower still. By her screen name, I'm guessing she's a CNA.

No you can not work in any state as an RN without a college degree .  You are required to have either an Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing and then are required to take a state exam.  When you apply to take that exam you are as well required to submit proof that you not only attended but graduated with one of the 2 degrees .  For the LPN/LVN you are required to attend a 12-18 month vocational program and again graduate and submit proof prior to sitting for the exam.  LPN/LVN’s are not allowed in any state to work in a hospital. They can work in long term care facilities, physician offices and outpatient facilities .  

Edited by lfedncr
Additional information
  • Love 1

Not true.... LVN’s can work in hospitals in Texas. My mother was an LVN for over 30 years and spent the last ten years of her career working in a hospital. 

Are we seriously back on the Cersten nursing thing again? ?‍♀️

• Love 9
33 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Not true.... LVN’s can work in hospitals in Texas. My mother was an LVN for over 30 years and spent the last ten years of her career working in a hospital. 

Are we seriously back on the Cersten nursing thing again? ?‍♀️

No. We're moving on. It's a beaten dead horse and it's not like she's shouting "SCREW WHAT YOU SAY I'M A NURSE!!!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

No. We're moving on. It's a beaten dead horse and it's not like she's shouting "SCREW WHAT YOU SAY I'M A NURSE!!!"

That’s exactly what Cersten is doing, in a backhanded way. I won’t beat the dead horse; rather, I will let karma work her magic. Nurses are highly respected in the hospital and going into residency with an attitude that anyone in the medical field can be hired as a “nurse”...well, let’s just say that she will learn quickly that a nurse can be either a resident’s best ally or her worst nightmare.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

going into residency with an attitude that anyone in the medical field can be hired as a “nurse”...well, let’s just say that she will learn quickly that a nurse can be either a resident’s best ally or her worst nightmare.

That's assuming she's even getting accepted to a medical school, which I doubt.  Given her lies about being a nurse, I'll take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Christina looks GORGEOUS.

I wonder if it's the dress, but Christina looks really thin in this picture...and I mean it in a good way :)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

the survivors lol 

Christina looks GORGEOUS.  Honestly, they all look pretty even if i hate some of the outfits. 

Lauren, who do you think is coming back of the vets?  

(edited)
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's assuming she's even getting accepted to a medical school, which I doubt.  Given her lies about being a nurse, I'll take whatever she says with a grain of salt.

It would be a shame if Cersten sidetracks her ambition to become a doctor in favor of staying on as a DCC for an additional year.  That would be an example of choosing a short term interest over long term gain.  Becoming a doctor is a long and arduous process.  My sister graduated college a year early, at 21, and began medical school that same year.  She put in 4 years in medical school, 4 years of residency, and another 3 years in a post-residency fellowship.  If she had chosen to be a surgeon, a specialty to which she was well-suited and recommended by her professors, the track would have been even longer.   Part of the reason she declined a surgical specialty was that she had gotten married along the way, and wanted to start a family at some point.  By the time she had finished all of the aforementioned education and training, she was 32 years old, and only then did she finally have the time to have children.  Every year that Cersten postpones her plans for medical school, is another year that she may forego that dream altogether, or else find herself making compromises - as a woman (of course!) - in terms of choice of a specialty, or family planning. 

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, California Girl said:

It would be a shame if Cersten sidetracks her ambition to become a doctor in favor of staying on as a DCC for an additional year.  That would be an example of choosing a short term interest over long term gain.  Becoming a doctor is a long and arduous process.  My sister graduated college a year early, at 21, and began medical school that same year.  She put in 4 years in medical school, 4 years of residency, and another 3 years in a post-residency fellowship.  If she had chosen to be a surgeon, a specialty to which she was well-suited and recommended by her professors, the track would have been even longer.   Part of the reason she declined a surgical specialty was that she had gotten married along the way, and wanted to start a family at some point.  By the time she had finished all of the aforementioned education and training, she was 32 years old, and only then did she finally have the time to have children.  Every year that Cersten postpones her plans for medical school, is another year that she may forego that dream altogether, or else find herself making compromises - as a woman (of course!) - in terms of choice of a specialty, or family planning. 

But I thought being a DCC is the be all, end all of a girl's dream. According to Kelli, being a DCC is the best time a girl can have in life. *sarcasm inserted here*

I was watching the final episode of season 12 where they take the squad picture. Wasn't Simone crying because she was missing her friend's wedding? It seems like cmt must have cut it out from the episodes on their site. 

Edited by MrsEVH
2 hours ago, California Girl said:

It would be a shame if Cersten sidetracks her ambition to become a doctor in favor of staying on as a DCC for an additional year. 

Or maybe her MCAT score isn't good enough.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I was watching the final episode of season 12 where they take the squad picture. Wasn't Simone crying because she was missing her friend's wedding? It seems like cmt must have cut it out from the episodes on their site. 

Yeah, it’s a bonus scene online. 

Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone point out the instances where Cersten states that she is actually a nurse? Did she say she is one, or did she say that she is considered one at her job, or do people use that term when referring to her work position? 

I was under the impression that she received her BS in biology and has worked as a certified medical assistant and surgical tech. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

Please forgive my ignorance, but can someone point out the instances where Cersten states that she is actually a nurse? Did she say she is one, or did she say that she is considered one at her job, or do people use that term when referring to her work position? 

I was under the impression that she received her BS in biology and has worked as a certified medical assistant and surgical tech. 

The whole conversation stemmed from Cersten listing “pediatric nurse” as her occupation on DCC’s webpage, under her bio. It was discussed at length on this site a few months back, if you would like to do a search.

5 hours ago, exitstageleft said:

I don't get the surgical tech thing either, you can't do that with a biology degree, you have to graduate from an accredited program.

2 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

I think Christina is wearing the same dress Gina wore at first meeting. She looks pretty in yellow.

Christina looks great, I am kind of shocked because she didn’t really stand out to me before. I am not a fan of the outfits Miranda, Lexie and Keyra are wearing, they either aren’t flattering or they all gained weight. I like Savanah’s hair more red, she stands out more that way. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I really don't see a future point girl in this pic. Maybe Lexie or Tara, but that's on looks only. I hope they all come back better and stronger.

Gina would be my first guess for future point from this group (as much as I cringe to admit that).

• Love 3

IMO there’s only been a few rookies who’ve came in point ready over the years, there’s plenty of time for them to grow if they decide to stay. I didn’t think Mia was all that great her rookie year and then she became one of my favorite points. Alexis and Tara visually could rock it. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

IMO there’s only been a few rookies who’ve came in point ready over the years, there’s plenty of time for them to grow if they decide to stay. I didn’t think Mia was all that great her rookie year and then she became one of my favorite points. Alexis and Tara visually could rock it. 

Mia was SO BAD her first year! 

• Love 2

Good point about the rookies growing into “point quality.”  I was recently re-watching Season 4 and had forgotten how boring Mia was her rookie year. That snippet of her performing her solo at Kitty’s - atrocious.

I suggested Gina for point because, while I can’t stand her attitude, she definitely commands attention.

20 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Good point about the rookies growing into “point quality.”  I was recently re-watching Season 4 and had forgotten how boring Mia was her rookie year. That snippet of her performing her solo at Kitty’s - atrocious.

I suggested Gina for point because, while I can’t stand her attitude, she definitely commands attention.

Yes but nobody can stand her-or more accurately her face/facial expressions. She could be part of the triangle (although I wouldn't recommend it) but please, dont put ms.bitchface front and center. Put Yuko instead.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Yes but nobody can stand her-or more accurately her face/facial expressions. She could be part of the triangle (although I wouldn't recommend it) but please, dont put ms.bitchface front and center. Put Yuko instead.

I could easily see Yuko being cut, especially if some Asian appearing women come to play.  The international girls served their purpose - get the DCC uniform in the Smithsonian.   I fear her time is over.  BTW she is still better than Savannah.

• Love 2

The problem with Gina and why I don't think she could ever be point is unfortunately she isn't "photogenic"... Gina is stunning and gorgeous for sure in reality, but she has the photogenic issue that many suffer from, it's almost down to science really. She has that frozen face when the picture is taken. Look at Savannah for example. I don't think she could ever take a bad picture, she is blessed by the camera. Take the time and look at the DCCofTheWeek photos on twitter. Look at the differences between Miranda and Savannah versus Gina. Again not trying to say Gina is ugly, she is gorgeous, and looks beautiful on video too...its just she isn't "photogenic" at all, I pretty sure I suffer from this same "frozen face" issue too. It sucks.  

14 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I could easily see Yuko being cut, especially if some Asian appearing women come to play.  The international girls served their purpose - get the DCC uniform in the Smithsonian.   I fear her time is over.  BTW she is still better than Savannah.

Agreed that Yuko is better than Savannah, but from what I understand, Yuko is a huge locker room favorite, the only way she's going is if she chooses to.  I wonder if it's possible that she's retiring this year.

• Love 4