Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

18 hours ago, go4luca said:

I seriously doubt it.  Her Insta now lists her as being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader alum.  That to me, that means no longer active with the team.

It's always said "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader|OKC Thunder Girl Alum". I think the "alum" is referring to the latter. 

6 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

It's always said "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader|OKC Thunder Girl Alum". I think the "alum" is referring to the latter. 

agree.  but that said, i think getting your bio removed from roster on the official cowboys site is a pretty solid 'no longer with the team.' 

• Love 4
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

agree.  but that said, i think getting your bio removed from roster on the official cowboys site is a pretty solid 'no longer with the team.' 

Absolutely. All I'm saying is that she doesn't refer to it in her Instagram bio as stated earlier. She's def gone though.

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Gotcha.  My bad.  I thought she had changed it.

20 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I seriously doubt if Kalyssa figured out modeling was not going to work out for her she would want to try out after leaving the squad before her first season was over. The chances of her making the team again would be slim to nothing. She is not on the team anymore, and I seriously doubt Judy and Kelli would take her back.

I think she's pretty much elevated herself to traitor status in DCC's eyes.

• Love 9

I view the ladies who leave as doing so for self-care, to pursue better opportunities as they arise, or because they dislike the way they are being treated.

In the real world, employees leave at their own convenience (unless fired).  I don't think it's traitorous to advocate for your own interests,  Kellie surely is looking out for her interests.

I really don't know why anyone would spend more than three years (two being ideal).  I feel like the long term ladies have nothing much else professionally going on.  

Leaving DCC is not the end of the world.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I view the ladies who leave as doing so for self-care, to pursue better opportunities as they arise, or because they dislike the way they are being treated.

In the real world, employees leave at their own convenience (unless fired).  I don't think it's traitorous to advocate for your own interests,  Kellie surely is looking out for her interests.

I really don't know why anyone would spend more than three years (two being ideal).  I feel like the long term ladies have nothing much else professionally going on.  

Leaving DCC is not the end of the world.

I agree employees leave at their own convenience, the DCC girls sign a contract and I feel when you sign a contract you should fulfill your agreement before leaving.  It's called being responsible and also being a good teammate.  It hurts the whole team when someone quits.  

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I agree employees leave at their own convenience, the DCC girls sign a contract and I feel when you sign a contract you should fulfill your agreement before leaving.  It's called being responsible and also being a good teammate.  It hurts the whole team when someone quits.  

I agree with you in theory.  Every contract I've signed has a financial penalty for breaking it.  Since the;y are paying them anything, it's like an honor contract.

I know from life that sometimes you have to break contracts for your own sanity.  I don't know if that applies to anyone who left, but I won't be judging them for doing so.

• Love 3

Everything that has happened this season makes me wonder if after the Holly/Jenna situation Kelli sat them all down and said "Look. I'm not putting up with any more bullcrap this season. Some of you may think that from prior seasons you can get away with this and that. I'm here to tell you this team has to be your first priority. If it isn't, then we don't want you here. Live up to your commitment or get the hell out. I don't want to hear about your boyfriend, your job, your school, or anything else you have going on. No excuses." Or words to that effect. Maybe they've really put these girls on lockdown - even more so than usual, and some of them are learning that it's just not worth it.

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 2:34 PM, Katherine1904 said:

They’ve never demoted a point (Jenna doesn’t count she never did a game), and they won’t unless the current point does something to get it taken away. Other people stepping up won’t effect it, KaShara will be point now for the next season 

Actually, Jenna was the point for one game during the 2016 season. She posted a clip of that on her Instagram.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Has anyone been following Calia's Instagram, shes been killing it at Kitty Carters Dance Factory...is there any possibility she tries out again for DCC? This is the MTT storyline I'm dying to see....a former DCC that got cut returning to make the squad. Hope shes does.  

I have for a while ever since she got cut, When Caila took classes with the Mavs Dancers, I thought she'd be auditioning for them, but never did.  I do think it'd be great if she came back to reclaim her spot as a third year vet!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, CowboysFanatic said:

Actually, Jenna was the point for one game during the 2016 season. She posted a clip of that on her Instagram.

Just looked and it was the very first game of the season for 2016. I wonder why they replaced her with Jenn K for the remainder of the season? She did a fantastic job on the video 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

This is Elizabeth, Savanah and Maggie?

Trying to ID the girls in this photo....

Maggie is just so pretty... gah, and there is something about Savannah that I really like. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Excuse me while I cry in my root beer. I like Maggie. Maybe she will be an All-Star since they are now letting girls with two years under their DCC belt be an All-Star.

Are they? Like who? But no she won’t be as she’s moving back to California 

Edited by Katherine1904
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Did she mention why or what she plans on doing post DCC?

She’s lived away from home for 6 years (4 in Oregon 2 in Dallas) and is homesick

10 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I really thought Maggie would be point girl some day wow

Me too. I’m backing Robyn now 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I thought they always planned to switch between Jenna and Jennifer that season but that fall was when some of Jenna's poor choices first came to light. 

It's surprising they gave her a second chance and quite honestly, she must be really immature to actually make the same mistake twice-and especially since she came back for this.

16 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I really thought Maggie would be point girl some day wow

Me too! From the current dccs, i could only see Robyn as point (besides Lacey and Kashara)

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:
37 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Excuse me while I cry in my root beer. I like Maggie. Maybe she will be an All-Star since they are now letting girls with two years under their DCC belt be an All-Star.

Are they? Like who? But no she won’t be as she’s moving back to California 

Wasn't Amy T only on the squad for 2 years?

Just now, Katherine1904 said:

Perhaps they needed more all stars after they had to rely on Jennifer and Emma so often due to injuries? 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure ShellyB mentioned this was the reason (or at least a reason).

55 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

She’s lived away from home for 6 years (4 in Oregon 2 in Dallas) and sis homesick

That's a long time to be away from home and family so I can't blame her.  She's been a great ambassador for the team and organization and I wish her all the best.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Maggie and Heather said today was the deadline for telling Kelli and Judy whether they are retiring or returning. Hopefully we’ll soon find out who’s leaving 

Did Heather say she is coming back?

7 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I thought they always planned to switch between Jenna and Jennifer that season but that fall was when some of Jenna's poor choices first came to light. 

And yet they brought her back for a 6th season and made her the original point.

I would think that is an example of one of the issues behind the scenes.  I know that if I were working my tail feathers off, and not breaking rules, and the troublemaker was getting all the glory.............I guess I would leave at the end of the season.

• Love 3