Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of gym memberships, maybe this is something that is known, or maybe this is a question for @ShellyB, but since their practice facility has one hell of a state of the art gym, would they get to work out there at no cost to them?  In fact, Khalyn, Stephanie, and Mandy are used as models on the "Cowboys Fit" website.  I just went there, and I'm shocked to say the image with the caption "DCC Mandy" is still there.

http://cowboysfit.com/

Interesting they have a picture of Mandy.  I see she still owns Pulse dance studio but it says she lives in Dallas.  I wonder what she is doing.

17 minutes ago, hypeman said:

In reality DCC MTT functions as one giant propaganda tool for DCC and pro cheerleading in general. 

I agree but I also feel as though I didn’t think that until I joined the forum. lol 

There are some very real ways to make the show a real show about dance and this alleged sisterhood but I think that would also involve filming into the NFL season. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Jazzhands said:

I think they take hip hop classes because it’s a power style. A lot of the girls who are trying out have more training in ballet, jazz, modern, contemporary styles that tend to be more lyrical than powerful.  With hip hop, they learn to be down in the plié, sharper with movements, but not jerky like competitive cheer style. 

Go Christina.  I always liked her.  Was that Gina with the long blond hair?  She may have looked better if she had taken her daddy's sweatshirt off.  (sorry not really)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Speaking of gym memberships, maybe this is something that is known, or maybe this is a question for @ShellyB, but since their practice facility has one hell of a state of the art gym, would they get to work out there at no cost to them?  In fact, Khalyn, Stephanie, and Mandy are used as models on the "Cowboys Fit" website.  I just went there, and I'm shocked to say the image with the caption "DCC Mandy" is still there.

http://cowboysfit.com/

Yes, they have complimentary memberships while still in contract as a DCC. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

How would you feel working with someone who made your work life a living heck and were spreading some unfounded and nasty rumors about you to the point where you could have lost your job and have charges brought against you.

That sucks and I'm sorry your husband had to go through that. Workplace bullies are no joke and can make life really difficult.

10 hours ago, hypeman said:

Did JInelle ever say if she's coming back?

I cannot believe that Shannon never came back to that question! He asked them both, Lauren said she was returning, and then the conversation got side-tracked. I figured he would bring it back in the end, but he never did! That was the ONE THING we all wanted to hear from that podcast. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

If Kalyssa was on The Bachelor this season and was on the Moulin Rouge group date, would she have beat Bekah M. in dance off to win the Rose? Sorry just curious....Also are Moulin Rouge dancers more talented than DCC dancers? 

Remember when Beckah did that exaggerated hip wiggle walking down the steps?  Kalyssa probably would have shimmied all the way down :)

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Acromantula said:

That sucks and I'm sorry your husband had to go through that. Workplace bullies are no joke and can make life really difficult.

I cannot believe that Shannon never came back to that question! He asked them both, Lauren said she was returning, and then the conversation got side-tracked. I figured he would bring it back in the end, but he never did! That was the ONE THING we all wanted to hear from that podcast. 

Right! I just KNEW he would!

3 hours ago, NicoleS9954 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Kalyssa's Twitter has been removed!

Figures.

• Love 3

Has anyone been following Calia's Instagram, shes been killing it at Kitty Carters Dance Factory...is there any possibility she tries out again for DCC? This is the MTT storyline I'm dying to see....a former DCC that got cut returning to make the squad. Hope shes does.  

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Has anyone been following Calia's Instagram, shes been killing it at Kitty Carters Dance Factory...is there any possibility she tries out again for DCC? This is the MTT storyline I'm dying to see....a former DCC that got cut returning to make the squad. Hope shes does.  

They could call it the Cut Comeback Girl.  Actually it's a great idea because they've never covered it on MTT.

Wonder  if it's ever happened before?  Any diehard DCC fans that might know?

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

They could call it the Cut Comeback Girl.  Actually it's a great idea because they've never covered it on MTT.

Wonder  if it's ever happened before?  Any diehard DCC fans that might know?

I feel like there was one...can't remember her name.

Edited by nittanyvolleyball
  • Love 1

I like Caila, but I don’t think she would make it back even if she did try out. I don’t think she can get her DCC body back. Don’t get me wrong, she looks amazing, but she’s just a bigger girl now than she was when she was 18 and auditioned the first time. Of course I could be wrong, but we all know how picky Kelli and co are about weight.

• Love 3
Just now, LadyWithCats said:

I like Caila, but I don’t think she would make it back even if she did try out. I don’t think she can get her DCC body back. Don’t get me wrong, she looks amazing, but she’s just a bigger girl now than she was when she was 18 and auditioned the first time. Of course I could be wrong, but we all know how picky Kelli and co are about weight.

She looks really pretty now and she is a good dancer but she is really big and I don't mean fat just really big.

• Love 1
Just now, 5678Pixie said:

She looks really pretty now and she is a good dancer but she is really big and I don't mean fat just really big.

Exactly this. She just has a larger frame is all. I don’t think she needs to change a thing, but I don’t think she’d make DCC now.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LadyWithCats said:

Exactly this. She just has a larger frame is all. I don’t think she needs to change a thing, but I don’t think she’d make DCC now.

She may be going to classes just because she loves to dance, doesn't mean she is trying out.

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I feel like there was one...can't remember her name.

There was one last season but I’m not sure she even got to finals. It seems like maybe she was cut for weight and came back in better shape. I also think it had been a few years since her cut. Can’t remember her name either but it seems like she lives in Austin or San Antonio now

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SunshineSally said:

There was one last season but I’m not sure she even got to finals. It seems like maybe she was cut for weight and came back in better shape. I also think it had been a few years since her cut. Can’t remember her name either but it seems like she lives in Austin or San Antonio now

Jenna she lives in San Antonio and dances  for the spurs 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1

I would need to go back and watch the episodes with Jenna, but I remember thinking that K&J seemed oddly disconnected from her. Like, i was expecting more discussion of how she had fared as a DCC, her performance style, etc, but nope. Not saying it didn’t happen offscreen, just that it wasn’t shown. 

On another note, I just looked at Judy’s twitter and she responded to a post a little while ago about Jinelle’s position in the formations. She basically went with the “the only thing that matters is that you’re in the formation” line but did say that Jinelle had an outside spot. I find it interesting that she responded to the comment.

• Love 2

Great video of Jenna, please watch

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2017/09/14/1623233/1505405662167-jenna-paralegal-video-6-1623233

I'm sad she's not on the squad, but I bet she's much happier with work/life balance.  I really do feel that other squads see and treat this as a part time gig.  I have one friend who danced for the Redskins and then the Falcons.  I know when she was with the Falcons she was a VP at Bank of America (they've got tons of VP's), but still.

I have the feeling that DCC practices more and CMT filming actually makes everything take longer (due to camera set up time, and multiple takes), so the time commitment is much greater.

• Love 5

There were also 2 other girls from 90s squads who auditioned again a few seasons ago. Don't know if they got cut the following year or opted not to audition again. One was from a super bowl year ( 95 or 96) and the other was made fun of by Charlotte (bless her heart).

What I originally wanted to know is :

Has there ever been a DCC:

* who made the squad 

* then auditioned for a 2nd year and got cut 

* then came back the following year or years later and made it back on the squad?

5 minutes ago, hypeman said:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2017/09/14/1623233/1505405662167-jenna-paralegal-video-6-1623233

I'm sad she's not on the squad, but I bet she's much happier with work/life balance.  I really do feel that other squads see and treat this as a part time gig.  I have one friend who danced for the Redskins and then the Falcons.  I know when she was with the Falcons she was a VP at Bank of America (they've got tons of VP's), but still.

I have the feeling that DCC practices more and CMT filming actually makes everything take longer (due to camera set up time, and multiple takes), so the time commitment is much greater.

Glad to see she has a good career and is able to dance also  I'm impressed.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Loved watching that and loved her necklace.  Thanks for sharing this.  She also has instagram that is public to look at.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 3

Love Jenna!!! She has really blossomed on the Spurs dancers and I just think she is gorgeous.  She seems 100% happy and not like she's missing out at all. 

Agree on Caila too.  She looks beautiful and I love that she still gets to classes and dances but I don't think even she is interested in DCC again.  She seems to actually teach a lot. 

• Love 8
On 2/8/2018 at 2:34 PM, DBAAT said:

I don't mean this to sound disrespectful, but I can't believe someone would think working out should be part of their compensation!!

I have 3 children, am middle aged, have a very hectic life, and yet, I find time to work out 7 days a week. It's really not that hard of a commitment.

If I can do it at my age, I can't imagine how a 20 year old would ever have a hard time finding time to take care of themselves.

These girls are at the age where keeping your weight down should be easy. 

I definitely don't believe in using having children as an reason to let yourself go, but with the exception of Tasha, not one of them has ever given birth. Look at how fabulous

Morgan looked and she had a toddler. I hate when people use that as an excuse. Put your kids in a stroller and run etc.

I mentioned children because someone stated that having children ruined their body, and they didn't have time to work out. So I'm showing that even girls with children who have been on the squad manage to keep their weight in check. I can't imagine why someone couldn't fit into their shorts after one year. I've worn the same size pants for 30 years after 3 kids. It's all about it being a priority. You can make all the excuses you want, but I know MD residents who manage to work out. I don't think it is that difficult for these girls.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:
7 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

She may be going to classes just because she loves to dance, doesn't mean she is trying out.

I agree. I doubt she’ll try out again, but anything is possible.

I believe she's been going to classes ever since she was cut...in fact there was a lot of suspicion the year after she was cut that she was going to audition for DMD, but it never happened.  But I'm with you, @LadyWithCats, I doubt it but you never know.

7 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

What I originally wanted to know is :

Has there ever been a DCC:

* who made the squad 

* then auditioned for a 2nd year and got cut 

* then came back the following year or years later and made it back on the squad?

Yes....Shannon Swanson. She was cut auditioning for her 3rd season, then returned a few seasons later and cheered for 3 more years. She was also the Pro Bowl cheerleader her last year. 

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

They took care of that really fast....interesting

Yeah fast.  She was still there this morning.  I checked after seeing the post here about her Twitter account being removed.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

Yeah fast.  She was still there this morning.  I checked after seeing the post here about her Twitter account being removed.

I saw that too. 

Edited by MrsEVH
4 hours ago, DBAAT said:

I mentioned children because someone stated that having children ruined their body, and they didn't have time to work out. So I'm showing that even girls with children who have been on the squad manage to keep their weight in check. I can't imagine why someone couldn't fit into their shorts after one year. I've worn the same size pants for 30 years after 3 kids. It's all about it being a priority. You can make all the excuses you want, but I know MD residents who manage to work out. I don't think it is that difficult for these girls.

I was the person who said my kids ruined my body. And they did. I’m thin, but my abdominal muscles are completely ruined and not fixable by simple diet and exercise. I have a physical deformity due to multiple pregnancies that cannot be fixed by anything other than surgery. I eat clean and fit workouts in 3-5 times a week. I don’t believe I posted that I didn’t have time to work out, for some reason you inferred that. Children are time consuming and no, I don’t have the time to devote to the two-a-day workouts that i did in order to achieve the DCC body I had prior to kids, and even if i did, the damage done to my body during my second pregnancy would make getting into DCC shorts impossible, barring a full tummy tuck and other surgery. It is what it is. You chose to chime in and judge and shame, and your post had nothing to do with DCC. My original post simply  stated that being as lean and as fit as a DCC is a part of their job and it is. It takes a lot of hard work to get that DCC body- both in the gym and the kitchen. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
  • Love 21

for those who claimed Stephanie wasn’t a strong dancer - she’s definitely come into her own. I can’t tell if she’s ahead of the beat or Kelly’s behind, but Steph is selling it and I’m buying. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

for those who claimed Stephanie wasn’t a strong dancer - she’s definitely come into her own. I can’t tell if she’s ahead of the beat or Kelly’s behind, but Steph is selling it and I’m buying. 

Stephanie looks fantastic — miles better than Kelli, and I’m a Kelli fan. I’m wondering if they learned this at the same time. If so, Stephanie must just be faster at picking up choreography.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, DBAAT said:

there are SO many reasons why it might be hard for many of the girls to keep their weight in check - it's seriously a little precious to write off weight gain as simply making excuses.  If you are a mother that has managed to keep her figure after three children, then that's honestly awesome.  Congratulations, you officially have the envy of many of the women who care about that kind of thing.  

However, with as trim as you've managed to stay over time, would you say that you're DCC fit?  As in, tight everywhere (but not too muscular), and with no fluctuation greater than a couple pounds if you're petite, or possibly five if you're on the taller side?  And, not so incidentally, approximately 10 pounds lighter than the recommended weight range for your frame?  If so, congratulations, you officially have my envy (because I care about that kind of thing).

Case in point:  adorable little Courtney from Florida from S(6? 7?  Can't remember).  She was 5'3, and when she was called into the office about her weight, Kelli advised her that most of the girls on the squad at her height were about 104 lbs.  While DCC doesn't have specific weight requisites, and focus primarily on look, there is still a very narrow margin to hold to, and 104 was the anchor at that time for girls her height.  Assuming Courtney has a small frame, a general healthy weight range for her height would be between 111 and 124 lbs.  She still had to lose 7 more pounds below a healthy weight range for her frame to get to be DCC fit - and she also had to stay there over time (and that's just if she has a small frame - she'd have to lose even more than that if she was medium or large framed).  

If you want to talk about how that is achievable and sustainable, it is an entirely different conversation than the import of general health and fitness and ability to stay the same pant size after 3 kids (which is still enormously difficult for most women, so good for your genetics and/or dedication, whatever it is you feel worked for you in your situation).*  Personally I'm in awe of how these ladies stay as lean as they do, with or without kids, with or without compensation or support or anything else.  Writing off difficulties with weight as simply making excuses seems dismissive, and doesn't account for the extreme nature of the figure they are contracted to maintain.

Edit:  also, it doesn't take into account those women who have serious problems as the result of pregnancy, like @PrincessLeia, or the reality of excruciating health issues as the result of injuries and surgery (the way many of the women on this board have, as well as the amazing Danielle, following her foot injury in S8).  

Edited by raindancer
forgot to acknowledge one of the ladies I was indirectly quoting
  • Love 7

No offense, but Danielle's injury was not as serious as they were making it out to be. Yes, she was not able to work out as much as she did before her injury happened, but they were acting like she had a life and death injury.

One of the things I hate is the fact if they have girls who are the same height having to weigh the same. Just because one of the other girls are 5'3" does not mean Courtney had to be the same weight or close to it. It is unhealthy and dangerous to have this type of attitude. I know the girls have to fit into the tiny shorts, but to judge them by their weight is wrong. Girls like Courtney Cook who allegedly left the squad because of the affects of trying to keep the weight to the point of risking her overall health is the wrong message the organization sends these girls. I applaud the girls who leave after being a DCC for one year because I would not want to deal with the crap and the unrealistic expectations the girls are under from day one.

Edited by bigskygirl

I don’t recall anyone acting like Danielle had a life or death injury. They acknowledged that she badly injured/cut her foot which made it difficult to dance or work out, which is 100% valid. Anyone who dances and works out on the level of a DCC would gain weight with an injury like that. The pictures of her foot after her injury spoke for themselves.

Edited by LadyWithCats
  • Love 4

They were acting like her life would be over if she could not be a DCC again because of her injury. If she was truly cut for weight (not at finals but during TC she came close to it,) she could have work hard after her foot was healed to the point she could start working out like she was doing before her foot was injured. Rachel was injured during TC in Season 7 which required surgery and rehab requiring her to leave TC, but she came back next year and made the squad. I do not blame the girls for it, but CMT and in some ways Kelli because they want the drama factor thrown in especially with Kelli and her spiel about a cut girl needing to call her family, friends, and employer to tell them she is not with the DCC Organization anymore. Really Kelli...Life went on, the sun came up the next day, and the world survived.

16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

15 hours ago, LadyWithCats said:

Stephanie looks fantastic — miles better than Kelli, and I’m a Kelli fan. I’m wondering if they learned this at the same time. If so, Stephanie must just be faster at picking up choreography.

And *this* is exactly why I took such issue with K&J calling out that super strong dancer from tryouts last year for being "too muscular". You want power dancers? Let them pick up a weight plate and see their power improve tenfold. 

ps. Someone should get Cristina and Savannah to join Steph on all the workouts she posts on insta! I would put money down seeing an improvement in their power and projection. 

pps. Steph has actually become my total girl crush/fave DCC, right up there with Robin and Lacey. I love that we got to hear her talk on MTT this year! She seems really grounded, down to earth and dedicated. Get it, girl!

• Love 4
8 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

They were acting like her life would be over if she could not be a DCC again because of her injury. If she was truly cut for weight (not at finals but during TC she came close to it,) she could have work hard after her foot was healed to the point she could start working out like she was doing before her foot was injured. Rachel was injured during TC in Season 7 which required surgery and rehab requiring her to leave TC, but she came back next year and made the squad. I do not blame the girls for it, but CMT and in some ways Kelli because they want the drama factor thrown in especially with Kelli and her spiel about a cut girl needing to call her family, friends, and employer to tell them she is not with the DCC Organization anymore. Really Kelli...Life went on, the sun came up the next day, and the world survived.

I think for most of these girls, especially the ones that have been on the team for more than a year, being a DCC is a way of life. Wake up, work/school, appearance/workout, practice. Rinse and repeat. Throw in a game day or something new every so often. Rinse and repeat. I think that’s why so many of these girls who get cut are so crushed. They go from having zero free time to all the time in the world. That’s a hard adjustment to make. 

In Danielle’s case, I think it had more to do with the fact that she was injured yeah, but she looked beyond devasted to have not yet been called and so did the girls who hadn’t been called. There is such a thing as morale and how losing someone affects that. I think Kelli and brought Danielle back because they had seen what she was capable of already for a year and Danielle had the support of the team. Rachel hadn’t yet made the team and had a years worth of experience to back up her injury. 

• Love 3

I think what saved Danielle from being cut at finals is the fact Kelli and Charlotte knew they would take heat for cutting a one year vet who had an injury right before finals after taking Cassie back for her fifth and final year after knee surgery. Kelli and especially Judy took some heat in Season 3 after Judy was making excuses for Cassie running out of gas in the one episode by saying she had mono. They had called out Melissa the Mentor for the same thing in Season 2 (not being the model vet for the rookies by not giving it her all during a TC practice.) Judy was caught using the same excuse for Cassie, but Cassie was not called into the office for it, and Judy and Kelli both apologized to Melissa for calling her out for the same thing. Throw in the fact Danielle was a Kelli favorite, and she was saved. Of course, Kelli was not happy with the fact Danielle was not losing weight especially after Danielle was called out by Miss Kitty , and I think Danielle was out partying with Chelsea did not win her any points. She was called back into the office the same night Chelsea was called back into the office for being toxic, but the Danielle was called into the office again was not shown. She was also called into the office in Season 9 for weight, but once again the scene was not shown. Once again being a Kelli favorite pet saved her. Not saying Danielle did not belong on the team, but she was lucky Kelli liked her so much.

13 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Stephanie does look good in the video. She has improved since her rookie year. I am trying to remember the rest of the three year vets besides KaShara, and Stephanie.

I don't know a lot about dance, but don't her transitions seem too herky-jerky?  If that is the way it is supposed to be I will understand better.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think what saved Danielle from being cut at finals is the fact Kelli and Charlotte knew they would take heat for cutting a one year vet who had an injury right before finals after taking Cassie back for her fifth and final year after knee surgery. Kelli and especially Judy took some heat in Season 3 after Judy was making excuses for Cassie running out of gas in the one episode by saying she had mono. They had called out Melissa the Mentor for the same thing in Season 2 (not being the model vet for the rookies by not giving it her all during a TC practice.) Judy was caught using the same excuse for Cassie, but Cassie was not called into the office for it, and Judy and Kelli both apologized to Melissa for calling her out for the same thing. Throw in the fact Danielle was a Kelli favorite, and she was saved. Of course, Kelli was not happy with the fact Danielle was not losing weight especially after Danielle was called out by Miss Kitty , and I think Danielle was out partying with Chelsea did not win her any points. She was called back into the office the same night Chelsea was called back into the office for being toxic, but the Danielle was called into the office again was not shown. She was also called into the office in Season 9 for weight, but once again the scene was not shown. Once again being a Kelli favorite pet saved her. Not saying Danielle did not belong on the team, but she was lucky Kelli liked her so much.

Cassie was a four year vet going into her fifth year.  She had proven herself more than capable of being a DCC. I don’t think Cassie had any bearing on Kelli and Charlotte admitting their mistake and taking Danielle back. Let’s be real, Cassie was coming back regardless. I love how everyone on this board thinks that Cassie was all powerful but in reality, one had nothing to do with the other. 

What does it matter if she was a favorite? It doesn’t change the fact that if Danielle hadn’t been hurt, she would never have been on the bubble? Being a favorite just means you’re the ideal DCC in Kelli’s eyes. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. You play the game and follow the rules. This isn’t rocket science after all. 

• Love 2

If Danielle came back out of shape and was not working on losing the weight she had gain without an injury, she would have been cut at finals or during TC. Being a favorite can save a girl from being cut. Favorites can get away with things other girls have been cut for. Just like Jay was saying when they were talking about Cassie in Season 7. Would they have shown the same consideration for a girl who tried out for the team or did not put in the years Cassie had if the girl had an injury at finals. The judges were like hmmm... probably not. Kelli and Charlotte brought back Danielle because she was a favorite of the both of them, and yes because viewers and fans were have called them out for her being cut partly due to her injury, but they let Cassie come back with a more serious injury after surgery and rehab the year before. Danielle was almost cut during TC for weight gain and possible partying on the weekends with Chelsea. She was brought back to the office for a second time, and I would not be surprise if Kelli said we brought you back, but you are still on the cut bubble. Get it together or else. And to come back in Season 9 with weight issues again, but she was not cut or shown in the office with Kelli and Judy. Sorry, but Kelli liking her saved her not once, but twice in Season 8, and once again in Season 9.

If viewers and fans were calling out Judy for defending Cassie in TC in Season 3 because she had mono, but Judy and Kelli got on Melissa's case for the same thing in Season 2, they would have been calling Judy and especially Kelli and Charlotte over the fact that a one year vet was cut at finals for an injury while they let Cassie come back for a more serious injury plus surgery and rehab the year before. Other vets have been cut in the past for weight, poor solos, poor performances on the field at finals, and they were not brought back because *gasp* Kelli and Charlotte felt bad for them.