Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Now that they don’t do the USO shows, does show group even do anything extra that everybody else doesn’t do?

They have some extra performances when ATT is booked for events and Oxnard/LA trip they do during the summer. 

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

KASHARA!!! She should have been front and center but that was a better routine than they usually do.  Thanks for posting this video!

That was horrible choreo. Where they grabbed hands and leaned back... oh my haha. Kash looked good though

Regarding Kalyssa and no one wishing her a happy birthday. It doesnt look like she got close to anyone. She was in a few soial pics with Jenna a while ago, but thats it. She became a DCC for some more exposure on her path to fame (my theory). 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lfedncr said:

Omg so inexcusably horrible .. rhey all look like they are marking it!!! Is that Amy center back?  Totally missing counts ...

Didn’t look like she missed anything? And I think practices haven’t been for awhile through the end of December. Most have posted they missed each other etc, so maybe they had some time off. 

I'm sure there are routines Show Group does that the whole group do not do. The girls were probably practicing this week due to doing a performance today. I just wonder why they always say SG have the best dancers after seeing a routine like this one.

There has been speculation to why Show Group does not perform on USO Shows from time restrictions to injuries.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

There has been speculation to why Show Group does not perform on USO Shows from time restrictions to injuries.

Thanks.  I thought it was the injury thing but wasn't sure if there was more to it.  Seems a shame since many DCC over the years have expressed how much they enjoyed the tours.

9 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Kalyssa is the only “showgroup” member in none of the photos from today. Is she still on the team? ?

They wished her happy birthday yesterday so maybe she was just busy. 

Kalyssa is still on the team. Usually they do not use rookies in performances because they are alternate SG members. If Kalyssa was not on the team anymore her official DCC twitter account would be taken down along with her official DCC profile on the cheerleader page.

Edited by bigskygirl
18 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

They wished her happy birthday yesterday so maybe she was just busy. 

13 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kalyssa is still on the team. Usually they do not use rookies in performances because they are alternate SG members. If Kalyssa was not on the team anymore her official DCC twitter account would be taken down along with her official DCC profile on the cheerleader page.

You’re right. I guess I was always under the impression that showgroup performances are mandatory for all its members. Especially since it’s not like the other rookies were just sitting around doing nothing all day. 

I really like her and can’t take any more disappointment this year lol 

Edited by tajalexander
2 hours ago, go4luca said:

Thanks.  I thought it was the injury thing but wasn't sure if there was more to it.  Seems a shame since many DCC over the years have expressed how much they enjoyed the tours.

Shelly B said that it was because the tours are geared more towards families now.  The girls do cheer camps and fitness workshops.  

I always wandered if the change had to do with security concerns.  The injury thing was just a rumor.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, go4luca said:

I wonder why Lauren wasn't dancing since she's in SG.  She was there, we've seen photos of her posing with winners.  I don't think she's injured.

No Heather wasn't there either

15 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

This fills me with hope for next year! Maggie in the triangle! 

I'm sure there is a reason she ended up in there! I'm glad Jenna got to be point once again before she retires, but i'd love to see Lacey up there-especially if she doesn't come back. Also, putting Maggie next to Jenna makes her look like a giant and it's a bit distracting. I guess that's why they say that they take more things into account when placing girls in the triangle other than technical ability and seniority.

At probowl, the dcc rep is always standing out and miles ahead of the rest-even if they choreo is extremely bad.

• Love 3

My goodness, that Pro Bowl choreography is awful! Kashara definitely looks the best, as the DCC rep always does.

I wouldn’t necessarily read too much into Maggie being in the triangle. Jenna moved up to point, so it made sense that Maggie would slide up too, since she was already off of Jenna’s left in the formation. Had Lacey moved up, I think Cersten would’ve moved up on the other side. I DO however think Maggie has a good shot at being in the triangle next year, especially if Kashara doesn’t return.

Jinelle being in the back corner is more telling to me. I guess that’s as close as she’s ever going to get.

Glad to hear that Jenna is moving back to Cali. If ever someone seemed to need a clean break from the DCCs, it’s her.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly B said that it was because the tours are geared more towards families now.  The girls do cheer camps and fitness workshops.  

I always wandered if the change had to do with security concerns.  The injury thing was just a rumor.

Whether they admit it or not, I think security concerns have to play a role. Especially when they were in places like Afghanistan. 

I have noticed other NFL cheerleaders going to Afghanistan and other hot spots in the world, so security concerns may not play a part in. It could be money and time restraints. I did like the last USO Tour they did. It is nice to see the girls visit less known U.S. bases.

32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have noticed other NFL cheerleaders going to Afghanistan and other hot spots in the world, so security concerns may not play a part in. It could be money and time restraints. I did like the last USO Tour they did. It is nice to see the girls visit less known U.S. bases.

I like the US bases, too. From what I recall they haven't sent the girls to heavy war zones but more like Japan, Germany, etc. Some places in Middle East are definitely no joke, but anywhere overseas has to be really expensive though.

6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Maggie in the triangle! 

I would like to see Maggie at point, Cersten and Bess behind her for the trio if Kash/Lacy/Amy retire. I just think Maggie is a super performer, They just need a good new batch of superb dancers to strengthen up show group. 

Cute, albeit a bit out of focus, pic of Kash during game day cheer practice.

kashpractice6.jpg

Posing with a very happy Cowboys Nation fan:

Edited by go4luca
added kash posing with fan
16 hours ago, go4luca said:

I wonder why Lauren wasn't dancing since she's in SG.  She was there, we've seen photos of her posing with winners.  I don't think she's injured.

I noticed she hasn't posted anything on her Twitter since 12/9/17. Maybe she just not into the whole Twitter thing or busy.

3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I noticed she hasn't posted anything on her Twitter since 12/9/17. Maybe she just not into the whole Twitter thing or busy.

She once thanked Savannah for giving her Twitter lessons.  I don't think SM is her thing in general.  She posts more on Instagram but even there, not so much.

17 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Kalyssa is the only “showgroup” member in none of the photos from today. Is she still on the team? ?

No i didn't Heather or Kelli too

2 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I would like to see Maggie at point, Cersten and Bess behind her for the trio if Kash/Lacy/Amy retire. I just think Maggie is a super performer, They just need a good new batch of superb dancers to strengthen up show group. 

Bess is good, but she is a blender. I don't think they have any star dccs anymore.

• Love 3
53 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Fire the choreographer.

I really hope this portion wasn't Willdabeast's choreo.  I know he was involved but this doesn't look anything like his main frame hip hop style.  He and his wife/co-choreographer Janelle Ginestra, are usually much better.  They have choreographed for JLo, Trevor Jackson, Jordan Fisher, Missy Elliott, So You Think You Can Dance and Nike.

EDIT:  Yikes.  It looks like it was his choreo.  

Edited by go4luca
update on info
On 1/27/2018 at 2:18 PM, go4luca said:

Newer DCC Nationals vid up:

What is the name of this song?

On 1/27/2018 at 6:14 PM, mmm said:

yeah i figure it that from the insta videos. Thanks

Also where is Heather & Kelli ?

Looks like Kelli in the other one to Word Up.

If Jenna hadn't  been  a "bad girl"  do you think she would have gone to ProBowl?  She has really gotten a lot of nice birthday wishes today and seems well liked by the whole team.  That would have been such a great birthday to be at the ProBowl.  Wonder if she regrets doing what she did

• Love 4
9 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

The dolphinscheer all left today to go on a military tour.

I do think if things hadn't gone down the way they did Jenna had a good chance of making it. But I also see Kash as doing a great job and being a good choice as well.   

I have to say while I like them doing domestic USO tours is does make me sad that they don't go over seas anymore. It' one of the things that I always admired them for. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Txmomof2 said:

I do think if things hadn't gone down the way they did Jenna had a good chance of making it. But I also see Kash as doing a great job and being a good choice as well.   

I have to say while I like them doing domestic USO tours is does make me sad that they don't go over seas anymore. It' one of the things that I always admired them for. 

I wish he would put it back up, but years ago Cassie's husband posted a video on YouTube of show group performing 12 days of Christmas in different locations during a USO tour - in the hotel, in the airport, in the shuttle van, etc.  It was hysterical.  It would have been during the 7th season of the show cause Olivia and Jacie are there, as well as, Cassie, Whitney, Melissa, Meagan, Holly, Lauren, Jackie, Mia, Sidney and ..................AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!   My brain just forgot the 12th person:(

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

The team loves Jenna so much. My heart is so warm. 

Yeah, those bday posts for Jenna  were very touching and seemed sincere.  I never believed the rumors that she was disliked by her team mates.

These last couple of vids with Jenna at point, showed me what could have been.   I am definitely going to miss Jenna.  I wish her well.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Yeah there are alot of DCC's (in the past) who didn't really use the Twitter handle.

1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

The team loves Jenna so much. My heart is so warm. 

Of course they do! She's been there forever PLUS she seems to make sure she's everyone's BFF. She seems like she's very inviting and open to bring people close to her.

• Love 4

i don’t typically put much stock in the team gossip about who is liked or isn’t or in social media posts because who really cares? It’s not high school, but with Jenna and Kalyssa’s birthdays being only days apart, the comparison between how the other teammates acted is a bit jarring. Did anyone acknowledge Kalyssa’s birthday? There were several touching posts about Jenna and all of the girls are cheering on Kashara at pro bowl, but Kalyssa....

I’m not trying to imply anything about Kalyssa’s character. She may just be into her own things. Nothing wrong with that. It’s just odd that her teammates don’t even feel the need to do a generic Happy Birthday post for her.

• Love 7