Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, EricaShadows said:

Unless I'm missing something, I suspect Bess was out.  She has a picture on Instagram in one of those ugly gowns you get in the hospital and an inflatable cast on her knee.  Did she perform and I just miss her or did she actually sit out?

Mystery solved 

Thanks so much for posting the halftime performance, @dalgal214! I thought they looked great, and I really liked that it was a dance-oriented halftime rather than a get-500-people-on-the-field-&-do-stunts-&-unroll-banners kind of halftime, which is what I tend to think of some of their "big" game performances like Halloween or BCA. I absolutely loved the drum majors and thought Jordan's choreo looked great.  It all blended so well with that hip hop drum line number from training camp, which I also love.  Everyone looked sharp and like they were having fun.  I think that was a great highlight to end the season with for the DCC--a killer performance at home during a truly great playoff game. 

• Love 3

Mkayyy halftime clip. I know she doesn't get a ton of love, but Jenn K looks great. She really does deserve point.

I hated the extra random dancers and drum majors. No clue who they are and I don't really care.

I hated the 'old' Drumline hip hop routine, but like this one. It's fresher and not the same ole same ole, plus I like how they vary the sections with who is up front etc.

That said, I don't like Holly at point. Something about her just annoys me. She's good, but arrogant and faker than any of them ever acted combined. No doubt she can dance, but she is so annoying. Plus she looks really thick again in the waist. Like busting out of her shorts thick.  I'll be shocked if she isn't point next year, even if Jenn K stays.

Speaking of thick and thin, Megan looked super slim. So did Jenn K and Amy T. Danielle must be totally over it, and not even trying to be really trim. Melissa looked stockier than usual. Not hanging over shorts like Holly and Danielle, but stocky. 

Cersten and Kashara were the two standouts to me. I hope Cersten can stay another year, but I also want her to get accepted to med school. You only saw Kashara for a minute at the end, but she was doing fine. 

The camera crew must love Maddie. It was weird seeing her so up front in that one section, because she's a rookie, and I'm still not convinced she's show group worthy, but she was much better than I expected in this. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Didnt hunter say she didnt read books?

She said it in about the same tone as Miss I-don't-know-the political-parties from season 6.  And Hunter is friends with a gal who was on the squad for three years who probably gave her helpful advice.

Loved everything about the halftime. Some standouts for me were the glimpses of the rookies we got to see, though Maddie's flip looked like it hurt. Kashara and Stephanie looked so gorgeous on screen. You could tell this was definitely Holly's style but everyone looked to be enjoying the choreo. Such fun. Megan still looked big to me but not in the chubby way, just wide, and Danielle just looked like her shorts were too small :/ 

4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She said it in about the same tone as Miss I-don't-know-the political-parties from season 6.  And Hunter is friends with a gal who was on the squad for three years who probably gave her helpful advice.

She probably wasn't prepared for that question. Maybe she can redeem herself like Kelsey did. That's if she auditions again and gets that far. I hope she does.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

She probably wasn't prepared for that question. Maybe she can redeem herself like Kelsey did. That's if she auditions again and gets that far. I hope she does.

I personally thought her head shake and smirk while explaining to the camera that "I don't read much" was a sign of unabashed ignorance--I don't read and I don't care!--that I find very un-DCC worthy.  I also thought she looked clunky in her solo, though that may have been the huge boots she was wearing, which were not flattering on someone her height.  I didn't find her very pretty before she opened her mouth, and well, not afterwards either.  Kelsey was ignorant about football.  This girl's ignorance goes way beyond that.  She couldn't name a single author or book, and she has to be a high school graduate.  I'm all, later for her.  I would be very disappointed to see her in training camp.  I mean, the DCC have had PhDs on the team.  To me, Hunter doesn't come close to meeting the team standard anywhere besides the dance floor.  She definitely would be an "ambassador risk," as Kelli would say, not someone to trust speaking to the media, fans, or sponsors.  

• Love 4

As both a Cowboys fan and DCC fan, I'm extremely sad. I wanted to see what they would come up with for the super bowl. Obviously there's already a big halftime show at the super bowl so they wouldn't be performing. Finish this fight was supposed to be something to hype up the fans and it worked. The videos were awesome, I loved hearing the stories about the struggles each team member has gone through to get there. Dak's is obviously my favorite, even if I wasn't a Cowboys fan I'd be a fan of his. His mom is extremely proud of him no matter what.

As far as unpopular opinions, I agree that Cassie has gotten too much hate. She hasn't been on the team in years now, she's a mother and I'm sure she's probably over it all. The team seems to love her children too. She put a cute video the other day on her insta story where the girls were rehearsing the half time show and Lennon was sitting with Shelley.

Fun routine :)  You can tell the girls love performing it - it shows.  I didn't see anyone during the close ups who looked OMG heavy to me or half-assing it.  

I'm in the Holly fan camp.  She is a treat to watch and I don't mind her facials - I saw that allll the time when I was dancing and it doesn't mean she's a snob but to each their own.  Jennifer killed it - she gives 110% and I'm glad she got pro bowl. 

Fun to see Maddie get shown a lot and Cersten! Steph is so gorgeous. 

• Love 5

Thanks for posting the halftime performance.  You rarely see them during a game on tv.  

Holly = showmanship!  It was awesome to see her lead the girls in this clip!

Even with the big screen, I thought everyone looked great.

Yes, I did not like the other group, bearded guy....no!

• Love 2
On 1/11/2017 at 0:57 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

Thanks!  Her baby is so adorbs and she looks happy.  She has definitely gained some weight (from happiness I hope!).... it's so interesting how people look different with changes in weight.

I didn't even recognize her. =/

On 1/11/2017 at 1:07 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

More unpopular opinions:

No denying Abigail Klein is gorgeous, and seemed nice, but girl was bottom of the heap dancer - even for 10 years ago. She probably wouldn't make it today, and definitely not show group, based on dance and that midsection. Yes, she was on weight watch.

I don't get the Ashton Torress hype. She was a good dancer, but was cute at best. Shoe polish black hair, bolt on boobs, orange tan, chipmunk cheeks. I never thought she was beautiful or gorgeous. Mostly just cute. 

Brooke Sorensen came off as manly to me. On the verge of Butch. Still an amazing dancer, but the opposite of 'DCC' glam prissy. Not saying she shouldn't have made it or I dislike her, but she was so opposite of DCC. 

Brittany Evans is super talented, but always came off to me as more simpering fake saccharine sweet than genuinely nice. Like she was doing nice things to promote herself more than help others. 

Kitty Carter is the best part of the show. She is the most direct and literally hands on. I know exactly what she's trying to convey, and she knows her stuff. I don't think I've ever disagreed with a word she's said.

Last - Olivia Carter - hated her! Very talented, no doubt, but she always came off like she knew she was superior and snooty. Plus she had one of the most unattractive faces for a DCC and stringy hair.

+1 to everything you've said.

On 1/12/2017 at 8:59 AM, lindsayz18 said:

more unpopular opinions

1) i think caila was gorgeous and i miss her on the team

2) Jessica Marie is so underrated

3)Ashley Nicole did nothing for me. 

5) i miss the power squad training sessions with jay

6) Kelli Quinn looks 40 years old.

7)  Veronica should have been featured more

8) i did not like alex hermes at all

9) kelsey bond was one of my faves

Also all of this. 

My unpopular opinions:

I loved Madeline even in her scary black hair, though I could do without the christness. I also love Holly and Danielle, and pretty much think they can do no wrong. 

I wanted Auto Amy to make the team. 

I thought Bad-kicks-Taylor was a great dancer, but should have been cut miles before she was. It was clear her kicks weren't going to improve, and I think it was almost cruel to keep her around so long.

I like Cassie, even with the nepotism.

I think the weight crap is arbitrary and stupid, and I think that TPTB use it as an excuse when they really just don't like someone. When you are kicking Hannah and Caila, but keeping Megan and Amy T., you cannot act like the same rules are applied evenly to people. 

Kelly Q. has a drive in movie screen forehead, and looks like she is older than I am. 

I like Jay.

• Love 4

I loved seeing the whole routine!  When they wore these outfits before, some wore ones that covered their trunk, this time everyone had a bare midriff.  Great seeing Maddie up front but thought Holly's hair was too unnaturally red.  Holly and Maddie both pop when dancing.  Great routine!

12 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

I loved seeing the whole routine!  When they wore these outfits before, some wore ones that covered their trunk, this time everyone had a bare midriff.  Great seeing Maddie up front but thought Holly's hair was too unnaturally red.  Holly and Maddie both pop when dancing.  Great routine!

That was my thought while watching, her hair is wayyy red.

I'm a big fan of Kelli Q. I see her as having the same transformation potential as Sunni Cranfill. When she first tried out in season 3, she was a great dancer but I always felt like they thought she didn't have the look. When she came back and during her 3 years on the squad she seemed to age backwards and at the end of her third year looked amazingly young. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Willow said:

I loved Madeline even in her scary black hair

I'll even go so far to say that I think her "goth" black hair looked good on her and is a hell of a lot better than the style she has now.  I have curly hair and wouldn't dream of wearing it that length, I think it looks frumpy, especially on someone as young as Madeline.

• Love 3

Maddie reminds me of Jennifer Gray with her curly hair. She's adorable...she does look a tad bit young with her hair though.

• Love 1

My two cents...

I got Jenny Kat fatigue around (her) year three and while she is a good dancer, I've just have had enough of her - it's too much, they have other team members.  I also kinda feel like her quick ascension to Queen Supreme and extreme dedication was (is) a little bit to over compensate for not making the team the first time she tried out. 

I don't know if Kelli was trying to make up for the sins of MTT 8 but I think Alexandra should have been given more time or God forbid a gimme year like Ashley Pro, Kat, Morgan, and Kaitlin. Kelli balled her eyes out after Alex's cut, she clearly wanted her on the team.

DCC cannot dance hip hop very well. I also think it is a huge kick in the teeth to DCRB to have DCC (pom dancers) perform a feature hip hop routine despite DCRB being the hip hop dance team.

The weight standards are ridiculous, unheathly, and promote disordered eating. The girls are held to a number  based on height (not acknowledging body comp or muscle mass) for example 5'3" girls need to weigh no more than 113....and their weight is displayed in the locker room for all to see, with the names/weight of the 'bigger' girls highlighted.

I have no qualms with Judy shouldering most of the teaching leg work to the leaders and upper vets. My boss never rolls up her sleeves, I'm the one doing the day to day. Judy can and does know the routines thoroughly and can easily spot a mistake.

I get why it happened but Chelsea's cut screamed producer shenanigans and was not natural. Im for certain Kelli as EP saw the locker room raw footage which is why the reprimand and cut came later in the week and not during the 2nd time Chelsea was called that same night. In a true reality show, Kelli should not nor would not have been able to make a decision based on raw footage as most reality particpants dont have access to said footage. Again, DCC is better for cutting Chelsea but as an industry person,  the whole thing screamed interference.  

• Love 2

Pink317 you reminded of something that always struck a nerve with me. If the time is really real, in season 7, they went through an entire practice and then at the end called Carla Ann into the office to cut her for her photos. Same with Ika Irene in season 6. They let Chelsea dance all practice and then cut her at the end. If they knew they would cut them that night, why let them dance? Again, if this is not real, disregard. 

• Love 1

I agree that some things are done just for the drama, i.e. taking in more girls than warranted so that there will be cuts, pulling people in for weight or other behaviors/issues, etc.  This might not be the cases, but I think that Kelly and Judy wanted some time to think it over and maybe they hadn't come to a final decision on what to do so called in the girls.  It might have been that how the girls reacted would give them the needed information on whether or not to cut them.  In my opinion, Carla saw the pictures and tried to deflect the blame as much as she could to someone else and never did take responsibility for her part in the situation and I think they saw that.  They might have been able to work with her a bit more and maybe investigate what could be done legally if Carla had done more to say "I screwed up in doing that.  It was a stupid mistake, one that I don't plan on ever doing again, and am trying to get those pictures permanently erased."  Well, that and be a better dancer.  Between not having the look (to me) and having the dance issues, the pictures and her response were the final straw.

I think Chelsea had already been seen as a risk for public appearances, interviews, and interacting with the fans.  I felt that her attitude in the office when they confronted her was a bit too flippant and cocky for the situation.  She might have been able to talk her way out of it, but that just might have delayed her release until the end of the year instead of the immediate release.  They likely would have strongly encouraged her NOT to come back and would have had a good excuse for not calling her name at Finals if she had shown up.

• Love 2

Ericashadows I agree to some extent. With Carla it seemed as if she thought back to how karissa responded when they presented her with the photos they found, saying that's not who I am, and it was clear that Carla's photos were far worse. They said that they didn't know what else this ex bf had and worried what else would come out. I think it's a valid concern but she absolutely deflected blame to him and took no responsibility. 

With chelsea I think they were willing to let it go when they brought her back to talk about it, but maybe they saw something else on the tape that they didn't air and that ultimately led to their decision to release her.

• Love 2

Carla Ann, imo, had no chance of making the team. I was surprise she was chosen for TC. She could not dance worth a darn and did not seem to be DCC material. Alexandra was cut a week before TC was over. She had plenty of chances from Kelli and Judy. She was a favorite of Kelli, and that fact alone saved her from being cut earlier. I feel bad for the girls who are one year and done especially when Kelli says the main reason why we are keeping her because she has potential and with experience she will get better. I call it the Kelli Kiss of Death.

Carla had no chance once the ex boyfriend hit 'send'. He was vindictive enough to send the pics to K&J, you bet had she made the team, he would have sent them to The Dirty, TMZ, and everywhere else in between. If the pics were in his possession illegally, she could have made a case to stay assuming she took legal action to get him to stop.

I dont recall too many cuts in Chelsea's locker room rant which makes me think it wasnt cut too much of at all. I dont have a problem with the cut, it just had shennigans. If the show was true to form, Kelli would not have known that Chelsea was "toxic in the locker room" in that specific incidence until the show aired. Girl still would have been cut but during the season.  I worked for ABC for a bit and alternative programming was jurisdiction (if only I was there now with Jasmine being on the bachelor!!!) so the whole sequence/episode kinda bothered me.

• Love 2

Interesting. Having no knowledge of the true situation and just watching the way the story was pieces together it seemed like maybe kitty overheard the convos or someone overheard and reported back to kitty, and kitty told jelly and Judy. Chelsea gets to the office and their other concerns come out as a result ( partying, drinking) then they review raw footage and see what was actually said. Thanks for the insight. 

Agree Carla had no chance unfortunately. I would have loved to see her solo at finals. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 1

Who knows how long it was between the time the conversations happened and when Chelsea was cut.  From what we saw, I would suspect someone overheard something and reported it.   I wouldn't have been surprised if the other girls in that incident were brought in as well to see what they had to say about the whole situation, though Chelsea was the instigator and the one who opened her big mouth.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea's group leader and assistant group leader were brought in and select other girls interviewed as well and asked not to talk about anything said in the meeting.  In a situation like that, a good leader/executive (at least from what I've heard) would assess the situation, gather information, then bring the person in to get their view and either fire the person and send them on their way out the door or let them get back to work as the situation may have been a mistake, someone being jealous/vindictive, or something else.

• Love 1

Kitty still stays with the story that she overheard Chelsea (who she adored the previous year) and that she texted, called, walkie talkied whatever K+J. My things is everyone felt the same way. But if you're gonna bitch about it, wait till you're in private at your apartment, not when you're still on work property, let alone being filmed. Just my two cents. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Kitty still stays with the story that she overheard Chelsea (who she adored the previous year) and that she texted, called, walkie talkied whatever K+J. My things is everyone felt the same way. But if you're gonna bitch about it, wait till you're in private at your apartment, not when you're still on work property, let alone being filmed. Just my two cents. 

I agree. That alone made her an ambassador risk - seriously shit judgement. Don't talk shit when the cameras are running. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Ericashadows I agree to some extent. With Carla it seemed as if she thought back to how karissa responded when they presented her with the photos they found, saying that's not who I am, and it was clear that Carla's photos were far worse. They said that they didn't know what else this ex bf had and worried what else would come out. I think it's a valid concern but she absolutely deflected blame to him and took no responsibility. 

With chelsea I think they were willing to let it go when they brought her back to talk about it, but maybe they saw something else on the tape that they didn't air and that ultimately led to their decision to release her.

They said something about her dancing not getting better.

I think Phil is really annoying!

(Okay I'm totally kidding, Phil is amazing, and I'm just gonna back out of this thread slowly...)

ETA just wanted to add I did not see the previous comment about Phil before I made this post with reckless abandon. I fully respect everyones' opinions.

5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I heard there was a blog she wrote as well (but has since taken down?) about that cut. Wasn't lucky to catch it. 

God, right when I was trying to back out slowly you bring up the infamous and hilarious Chelsea blog. Let me tell you something friend...I am sorry you missed the blog because it was pure gold. Oh the entitlement. I'm sure the blog still exists somewhere in the bowels of the internet archive machine, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to find it.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Was it before or after Chelsea was cut that she made that YouTube video about 'all the fatties'. I don't remember who else was in it.

Pretty sure this was posted before she was cut but possibly after the initial call in.

• Love 1