Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

Wow, D'Andra's blog is nasty. She really showed her true colors with this comment about Cary/Mark, "And some of us didn’t exactly walk away Prom Queen! Only one of us was allowed to have a date, and between those two, it was difficult to tell who was King and who was Queen. Now on to MY Reunion Part 1." What kind of comment is that, is she implying something, agreeing with LeeAnne's nasty Roundup comment about him? 

She also goes in on Stephanie's/Travis's marriage. She is showing a nasty side in her blog IMO.

• Love 7

Kameron's comments about zip codes were meant to call Brandi low-class. It isn't really about where their properties are now; Kameron is saying that Brandi is insecure about her class status as compared to Kameron's. In other words, Kameron is saying she is in a higher class than Brandi and that Brandi is insecure about it and treats Kameron accordingly. 

As far as I can tell, Kameron is nothing more than a pretty woman who married a wealthy man and spends lots of money. That has nothing to do with class. She's not in a rarified layer of society - she one of millions of Americans who make lots of money. She's quite common.

Stephanie is my least favorite. She's very stealthy as she plays the status-climbing and RHOD game. Her supposedly docile sweet veneer is all an act, and Brandi has her number.

I can't climb on the D'Andra love train. She treated her stepson horribly, and I suspect she plays at being a corporate titan.

A family member has dined out on her abused-wife/PTSD diagnosis for decades. She was understandably gratified when a therapist first took her seriously and gave her a diagnosis. But she has not done any work to improve her own behavior, which is atrocious like LeeAnne's, and she blames her lousy behavior on her diagnosis. LeeAnne is doing the same thing.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

As far as I can tell, Kameron is nothing more than a pretty woman

But she is not - she looks like a Muppet and her mannerisms are cartoonish

On 10/11/2017 at 8:09 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Many surgeons have big egos- Mark included. Occupational hazard

I worked in the medical field and we had a saying. What is the difference between God and a Doctor? God doesn't think he is a Doctor.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

I worked in the medical field and we had a saying. What is the difference between God and a Doctor? God doesn't think he is a Doctor.

Did you find that female doctors were less inclined to have a god complex? I try to see female doctors because they seem more interested in healing and less interested in ego than their male counterparts - sexist as that might be on my part.

• Love 2

Unless Brandi had already put an unrefundable five grand down for her mommy makeover I cannot understand why Cary's comments were so offensive. I would want to know that my doctor was questionable BEFORE under anesthesia when I had a chance to switch.  Putting her husband-stealing aside (and really, with what we've seen of Mark, if she did steal him she's paying the price) Cary is right about getting an experienced doctor board certified in the specialty he is operating in.  This whole stupid brouhaha has made me respect Cary more this season because she's absolutely right yet has been yelled at nonstop about it. I can understand Cary not wanting to admit to trashing a doctor's reputation on camera in a conversation she had off-camera, if that's what happened, for fear the Dr's name might come up. Better to just deny it and move on. But I'd never try to help Brandi again if that is how she returns the favor.  

I can't climb on the D'Andra love train. She treated her stepson horribly, and I suspect she plays at being a corporate titan.

I've been enjoying D'Andra lately but when they showed that flashback to how she treated her stepson I felt horrible for that kid. No wonder he got in the car and left at night. She was also critical of her hubby's butter spreading practice. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

Unless Brandi had already put an unrefundable five grand down for her mommy makeover I cannot understand why Cary's comments were so offensive. I would want to know that my doctor was questionable BEFORE under anesthesia when I had a chance to switch. 

There is a difference between giving advice and crapping on all doctors that arnt her husband and thats what she seems to be doing with these guys Her HUSBAND can do no wrong never makes mistakes and is the best ....every other doctor to her is subpar and will gossip about how bad they are to everyone ...one thats not professional and two comes off has way biased

3 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

Unless Brandi had already put an unrefundable five grand down for her mommy makeover I cannot understand why Cary's comments were so offensive. I would want to know that my doctor was questionable BEFORE under anesthesia when I had a chance to switch.  Putting her husband-stealing aside (and really, with what we've seen of Mark, if she did steal him she's paying the price) Cary is right about getting an experienced doctor board certified in the specialty he is operating in.  This whole stupid brouhaha has made me respect Cary more this season because she's absolutely right yet has been yelled at nonstop about it. I can understand Cary not wanting to admit to trashing a doctor's reputation on camera in a conversation she had off-camera, if that's what happened, for fear the Dr's name might come up. Better to just deny it and move on. But I'd never try to help Brandi again if that is how she returns the favor.  

I've been enjoying D'Andra lately but when they showed that flashback to how she treated her stepson I felt horrible for that kid. No wonder he got in the car and left at night. She was also critical of her hubby's butter spreading practice. 

She was also kind of bitchy during the reunion with her "He works in a Verizon.  We have different drives" comment.  It seemed meant to put him down.

• Love 5

After reading D'Andra's blog I feel I have a better idea of who she is.... a nasty stuck up piece of work. Criticizing other people's marriages is not only devoid of class, but, rightfully shines attention on one's own relationship. D'Andra claims Stephanie can't make decisions on her own and that her husband makes all the decisions for her. Whatever, don't really care- they seem to love each other and their kids. D'Andra however is an eternal child trying to measure up to her colorful mother. She seems to have chosen a man who is - well, never mind, I'm taking my own advice here. Her bossy attitude towards her step son, and taking the lead in managing someone else's kid speaks volumes about who she is. 

I personally do not find D'Andra's husband appealing at all. Despite her claims that he is hot, eye candy..... yuck. 

D'Andra claims Leeann is not an actual threat to anyone and that it is " stupid" to be afraid around her. Leeann's own words and outbursts would indicate otherwise. Treating her any other way than a labile, volatile, unstable person would be stupid. Leeann should be held accountable for her behavior. 

Edited by Juliegirlj
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, nexxie said:
22 hours ago, booboopbedoo said:

Did you find that female doctors were less inclined to have a god complex? I try to see female doctors because they seem more interested in healing and less interested in ego than their male counterparts - sexist as that might be on my part.

Yes and no. I worked for a female who was horrible and thought she was perfect. In general I think the younger ones seem to be more open to change and realizing they are not God.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

After reading D'Andra's blog I feel I have a better idea of who she is.... a nasty stuck up piece of work. Criticizing other people's marriages is not only devoid of class, but, rightfully shines attention on one's own relationship. D'Andra claims Stephanie can't make decisions on her own and that her husband makes all the decisions for her. Whatever, don't really care- they seem to love each other and their kids.

I thought Stephanie's blog was really thoughtful in response to D'Andra's criticisms. Steph has her own personality--she's totally fine with not being "an ass kicker" and she stands by her decision not to draw attention to LeAnn when she came as Two-Faced to the party, because she felt Le Ann basically did it to cause a conflict on camera, and Steph wasn't going to be manipulated. I like Stephanie, though. 

I personally do not find D'Andra's husband appealing at all. Despite her claims that he is hot, eye candy..... yuck.

Thank you for saying this. I'm confused every time he is on camera as to what I'm missing that "everyone else" sees. D'Andra is so smug about her life.

• Love 4

Co-sign about D'andra's husband. I missed him the first episode, because I was tired and kept falling asleep. When I read the posts here, and saw so many people commenting on how hot he was, I was eager to get a glimpse in the next episode. I was disappointed. Very meh. I'd take Rich over him. 

• Love 1

Damn, D'Andra's blog was nasty!  How disappointing!  I don't understand why she went after Stephanie.  "When I said that Stephanie doesn’t have a boss bitch attitude like me, I meant that she is not very strong. My mom would call her weak."  That's ice cold and fairly ridiculous IMO. I thought Stephanie handled the two face situation fine.   Stephanie was bitchy to Leann in her confessionals but I don't think she is some awful person out to get anyone. She also apologized during the reunion so I don't understand why D'Andra is motivated to tear her down and peg her as weak. 

I wish Andy didn't let Kameron get away with the "I live in a bubble comment."  How privileged and obnoxious was that???  Damn, girl, not everyone gets to just bury their head in the pink sand.  Maybe consider paying attention and trying to do something to help the world (besides charity brunches) when you have the money, access, and time to do so.  Also, can she not write?  Why are all her blogs interview style?

I just did not enjoy Leann making excuses for her bad behavior.  She claims to "own" her behavior but she doesn't at all.  She admits to doing things but then tries to justify that she was MADE to do them. She doesn't apologize.  Good for her to go to therapy to try and improve.  

Did Brandi admit that she was wrong about what Cary said about her doctor?  I thought she sort of mumbled at some point that maybe Cary had referred to someone else on a list of doctors she was considering.  She owes Cary an apology if so. 

Cary's smugness is annoying.  She can't blame editing for Mark looking bad this year because she gave a lot of evidence of his bad behavior in her own confessionals. 

I don't like how divided the cast is because there is no voice of reason.  It's Team Cary-Brandi-Stephanie and then DAndra-Kam-Leeann.  

On a positive note, I think every one look very pretty. I think they might be the prettiest cast of Real HoWives.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iloveit said:

I just did not enjoy Leann making excuses for her bad behavior.  She claims to "own" her behavior but she doesn't at all.  She admits to doing things but then tries to justify that she was MADE to do them. She doesn't apologize.  Good for her to go to therapy to try and improve.  

And, as usual, Andy permits someone else (in this case Leann) to control the conversation. In this clip, Mark is asked a question and barely responds before Leann interrupts and proceeds to talk over everyone else. Aren't the women individually mic'd up? If so, it would be nice if Production would cut the mics of the wives who shout everyone down.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-dallas/season-2/episode-14/videos/andy-asks-does-leeanne-know-the-boys-at-the

• Love 2
1 hour ago, iloveit said:

Damn, D'Andra's blog was nasty!  How disappointing!  I don't understand why she went after Stephanie.  "When I said that Stephanie doesn’t have a boss bitch attitude like me, I meant that she is not very strong. My mom would call her weak."  That's ice cold and fairly ridiculous IMO. I thought Stephanie handled the two face situation fine.   Stephanie was bitchy to Leann in her confessionals but I don't think she is some awful person out to get anyone. She also apologized during the reunion so I don't understand why D'Andra is motivated to tear her down and peg her as weak. 

Did Brandi admit that she was wrong about what Cary said about her doctor?  I thought she sort of mumbled at some point that maybe Cary had referred to someone else on a list of doctors she was considering.  She owes Cary an apology if so. 

Cary's smugness is annoying.  She can't blame editing for Mark looking bad this year because she gave a lot of evidence of his bad behavior in her own confessionals. 

I think D'Andra is going after the one HW she considers "weak" to keep her HW status for next season if there is one.

LeeAnne may claim she is in real therapy but she isn't learning anything from it, she is still repeating her bad behavior, which means she isn't getting anything from it outside of more excuses.

I suspect Brandi mumbled that to take the heat off of Cary. 

I think they brought Mark on because LeeAnne seemed to target him even more than she did anyone else, especially with the "chop shop" comment and it is one thing for a wife to complain about her husband compared to a co-worker/frenemy. LOL

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, nexxie said:

I think that female doctors have a tough row to hoe.  Even though it's reported that more than 50% of med school students are female, female doctors are often looked at as simply nurses by their patients.  I'm a nurse, and I don't consider that an insult, but if I'd gone through doctor's training, I would probably try to distance myself.  I've even had a twenty year old male nurse tech called "doctor" by patients.  And I will add, he didn't rush to correct the patient.

I still prefer female doctors personally, and I do not find female doctors any more difficult to work with than males.  Sometimes it's the opposite.  

• Love 5
On 11/12/2017 at 7:04 AM, TheFinalRose said:

On 11/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

There is a difference between giving advice and crapping on all doctors that arnt her husband and thats what she seems to be doing with these guys Her HUSBAND can do no wrong never makes mistakes and is the best ....every other doctor to her is subpar and will gossip about how bad they are to everyone ...one thats not professional and two comes off has way biased

There is a way to say "I don't think that particular physician is qualified in this area." Cary doesn't do that. When Cary and Leeanne had their argument about Leeanne's surgeon, Cary kept snottily providing details about the physicians to refute the claim, so it ended up this weird back and forth. Had Cary simply said "He's a cosmetic surgeon, not a plastic surgeon. These are the differences between the two certifications...". Instead it was:

Brandi: You said he was a vagina doctor.

Cary: No. I said he was an Ob/Gyn.

Leeanne: He's a board certified plastic surgeon.

Cary: No. He's a cosmetic surgeon.

Leeanne: He's board certified in 3 things

Cary: He's not a board certified plastic surgeon.

But the reality is that there is a way to present this information that Cary misses by a country mile. Even with Brandi's doctor, Cary had a confessional walking back her denial. That's the thing about Cary, as much as she talks about her and Mark's credentials, she constantly demonstrates that she is highly unprofessional. She is a fundamentally shady and gossipy individual, which is why she was cast on this show.

• Love 1

D’Andra was on heather mcdonald’s show and she’s backtracking and rationalizing her side of how everything went down this season. If you haven’t heard it give it a shot, it made me dislike her more.

1. She claims whether it’s a little white lie or a joke it’s a lie but she never calls Stephanie a liar for deceiving Kam at the baby reveal. 

2. The $200 in the bank account was true but it’s because she doesn’t trust herself shipping so she emptied out her bank account.

3. She and Leeanne were never as good a friends as people made them out to be. Wtf? Why was she part of her wedding party? Did you have to scrimp around for brides maids for your second wedding at almost 50?

I’m not even done with the podcast yet and I already dislike her more.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, bagger said:

D’Andra was on heather mcdonald’s show and she’s backtracking and rationalizing her side of how everything went down this season. If you haven’t heard it give it a shot, it made me dislike her more.

1. She claims whether it’s a little white lie or a joke it’s a lie but she never calls Stephanie a liar for deceiving Kam at the baby reveal. 

2. The $200 in the bank account was true but it’s because she doesn’t trust herself shipping so she emptied out her bank account.

3. She and Leeanne were never as good a friends as people made them out to be. Wtf? Why was she part of her wedding party? Did you have to scrimp around for brides maids for your second wedding at almost 50?

I’m not even done with the podcast yet and I already dislike her more.

Thank you for sharing. D'Andra may have been my fastest downturn on a woman in HW history. I can't believe she would say that about LeeAnn. You don't just put any ol broad in your wedding. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Isn't this the thread for last year's reunion?

Yes, it is. 

Pinging @bagger, who has been posting in last season's episode threads ... maybe your topic list isn't sorted by recently updated or start date?   ;-)

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Thanks, WQ!  I thought maybe I was having another Kam-went-to-law-school moment.

I'll climb into my DeLorean now and get back to the present.  ;o)

Ugh I’m sorry I was posting in a hurry and I thought I hadn’t the right thread. I don’t know how to move it. 

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you for sharing. D'Andra may have been my fastest downturn on a woman in HW history. I can't believe she would say that about LeeAnn. You don't just put any ol broad in your wedding. 

I KNow I posted on the wrong thread but I still wanted to agree with on how quickly my d’andra love turned into loathing. 

• Love 5
Just now, bagger said:

Ugh I’m sorry I was posting in a hurry and I thought I hadn’t the right thread. I don’t know how to move it. 

No sorry needed.  I've been in such a fog lately that I'm just glad to know I hadn't slipped through a hole in the space-time continuum.

I'll see if I can move your original post, but don't get your hopes up, given my recent track record.

And I totally agree with you about how D'Andra has squandered a whole lot of goodwill.

• Love 5