Type keyword(s) to search

Pose in the Media

biakbiak
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Pose Is the Best Family Drama on TV

When it comes to a show like FX’s Pose, the category is… hard to define.

Among other things, the Ryan Murphy-produced drama is at once a glossy tribute to New York City’s 1980s ball culture, an unflinching portrayal of the challenges facing transgender people of color, a harrowing look at the dawn of the AIDS crisis, and an overall exploration of modern sexuality.

But in its purest form, Pose is simply a drama that reinforces the impact of family on one’s life. It reminds us that family can be our strength or our strife, the wind in our wings or the rips in our sails. For the characters on Pose — most of whom identify as gay or transgender and have been rejected by their biological parents — it’s about finding hope beyond your given circumstances, connecting with others like you and forging a chosen family built on a foundation of love and acceptance.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 5

I was sad for Billy Porter but couldn't be too upset about Richard Madden (I think that was his category... no pun intended). Figured it was a long-shot for series, but yeah, getting the nomination was wonderful. It was great to see cast members in the audience. All gorgeous. Can't wait for this show to come back.

• Love 1

My class had a discussion about his (in my opinion fabulous) outfit, and who "can" wear what. Why is it considered ok for a woman to wear a pantsuit or even a tuxedo, but it's shocking for Billy to wear (the hell out of) a gown? It made for a great class discussion!

• Love 2
On 4/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, SimoneS said:

So they are jumping ahead a decade. Not sure how I feel about that, but I am excited for the show's return.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/pose-season-2-premiere-date-ryan-murphy-fx-trans-drama-1202591537/

UPDATED, 11:15 AM: FX said today that Season 2 of Ryan Murphy’s Pose will premiere on Tuesday, June 11 — two days later than originally announced. The network didn’t cite a reason for moving the return date but said the series that aired on Sundays during its rookie season will move to Tuesdays for S2. It’s notable that HBO last week set the Season 2 premiere of its Emmy-winning drama Big Little Lies for Sunday, June 9 — the date that FX had set on April 8 for Pose‘s return.

(Bolded text mine. Same link as above.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 3