Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Adventures in Babysitting

thewhiteowl

I wasn't at all surprised when the plane blew up at the end.

Huck is the smartest and most capable person on the show, and is still scary.  "You would have talked.  They always do."

It took less than a day for Mellie to go from, "get me my war legally" to "do whatever you have to, but don't tell me so I can be protected."

Eli really wants his bones.

Fitz is pathetic.

Is there ever going to be an explanation for Olivia having Luna Vargas killed?

• Love 2

Well that ending certainly got me interested in the show again.  I cannot say I was surprised, and I usually don't know what is going to happen.  So I suppose we have to wonder if Liv hand a hand in it? I don't know how their deaths would serve her purpose but I am easily befuddled by the directions this show takes.

• Love 1

I guessed the plane would blow up. Now, who did it? Liv, to get back at Mellie? 

I was sad Yasmeen was on the plane.

How soft is cruel Charlie now?

I have no idea why I'm still watching, but Command is her father x3! 

• Love 2

This show is so stupid.

Mellie’s serious voice annoys me. So breathy and just mega annoying.

Fitz is annoying..he never should’ve came back.

The war is necessary why? Cause Mellie has a crush. This is idiotic and embarrassing.

Glad that tv Guy burned liv lol.

Woo the plane exploded. Finally some excitement.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I wasn't at all surprised when the plane blew up at the end.

They were taking so long and drawing out its departure so long, it was obvious that that would happen.  I expected either that to happen or for Yasmeen to take a sniper's bullet before she even got on the plane.

Can Scandal not give us just one fucking happy ending?!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

They were taking so long and drawing out its departure so long, it was obvious that that would happen.  I expected either that to happen or for Yasmeen to take a sniper's bullet before she even got on the plane.

That's what came to my mind.

• Love 4

This was straight out of west wing.  The good leader of a bad country was shot on the tarmac after he returned home from being deposed as leader.  Only president Bartlett didn't have the hots for the leader.  Why do I watch this show?

• Love 6

The whole "I want my BONES!!!" "No bones for you!" seemed straight out of Seinfeld, which is not good for a show which supposed to be high drama. And Mellie's "Get me my war!" had such a Dr. Strangelove ring to it. Maybe I should treat the show as a comedy from now on.

Good to know that the Magic White House Balcony, where you can enjoy the outside without a coat, is still in use by the new President Grant. And I couldn't help be distracted by the pictures behind Mellie during her speech to the Nation. Teddy and the late Fitz III, but no daughter? Has she been sent to Mandyville?

• Love 9

They were taking so long and drawing out its departure so long, it was obvious that that would happen. 

Yeah, I am pretty sure that anyone who has ever watched television for more than 15 minutes in their entire lives knew something like the plane exploding was going to happen. Sheesh, show.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Like everyone else, I was just waiting for the plane to blow up.  

Best part of the show was the look on Liv's face when the tv guy dropped her. 

I just can't believe how all these years, people have let her and her snarling lips get all up in their faces and nobody has punched her in the mouth.

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Best part of the show was the look on Liv's face when the tv guy dropped her.

Yeah - like she couldn't believe anyone would not like her, or refuse to take her bullshit. Good for Hang Time.

• Love 12

Like everyone else here, saw the plane exploding a mile away-or Yasmeen being shot as she boarded the plane.

Mellie ain't gone be shit next episode.

She missed her chance at some good passionate loving, he was about to give Mellie some GROWN MAN D-I-C-K lol.

I really liked President Rashaad he was so intense and sexy. Hope to see the actor in something else soon.

LOVED the reporter telling Liv off. Bitch got her face cracked! LOL she was like "whuuuu??"

She really hasnt been likable since season 2.

I felt kinda bad for Fitz, he was all souped reporting for work and shit, and Mellie was like "Peace out cub scout!"

I cant believe this show has gone from "OMG command is DAD??!!!" to "That plane is about to blow up..."

Im hanging in there though.

Edited by Fairlily26
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Shondra doesn't like them.

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Good for Hang Time

Haha!! I can't help but remember him from that too! (And Anthony Anderson too!)

I've seen enough soaps to suspect that somehow the prez or his niece got off the plane, but it won't be revealed until like March. Maybe her "girlfriend" was FBI or something. It would sure fit this show's MO if the niece was alive and Mel/Liv tried to launch her into the presidency of her country to replace her uncle.

• Love 2

After all the shit that Olivia has pulled I can't see how Shonda can write a plausible redemption arc for her, at least not one that I can accept. But maybe that's the point, to end this show on a really dark note. A prime-time House of Cards.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, MBayGal said:

The image of "Breaking Bad" Hank tenderly kissing Cyrus just makes my brain ache.

That kiss was so damn awkward.  You'd think that the guy hasn't kissed a man on-screen before.

Speaking of that, I was interested when I heard that Michael is now Cyrus's ex-husband.  I never heard about them divorcing.  When did that happen?

• Love 2

"I want my bones!" and "No bones for you!" may be horrid writing, but 24 hours later, both make me laugh. Way better than any of the writing involving Mellie's "lady parts."

PS - For an ep titled "Adventure in Babysitting," it would have been nice to have at least one callback to the movie, given that George Newbern (Charlie) was IN IT. Did I miss any? I know they didn't have Quinn say "Don't fuck with the babysitter" (but they should have).

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

"I want my bones!" and "No bones for you!" may be horrid writing, but 24 hours later, both make me laugh.

Me to.

I wasn't surprised by TV guy dumping Liv either.  The reason people used to put up with Liv is because she got things done.  At one time, Liv was the person people could go to find information, to cover their asses, to find a solution.  Now I'm not sure what the point is because they play the B613 card any time a problem comes up.

I'm also wondering how Abby, Quinn and Charlie would be managing to run Liv's old firm if it wasn't for Huck.  It looks like Huck and Jake are the only two people left in Washington D.C. who can get anything done, not necessarily good things, but at least something.

• Love 3

I don't know. I think that Charlie was behind the airplane blowing up. He has been shown to be too efficient and cold-blooded to suddenly become soft that tears would allow himself to forget his phone allowing Yasmeen to runaway. With Quinn not suspecting a thing.

Wouldn't be surprised that he was still working for Eli whom I also suspect being behind the coup in that made up Middle East country.

All so he could become Command again.

• Love 6

Interesting theory about Charlie.  I did think it was strange that he let Quinn berate him like she did, and he just whimpered off with his tail between his legs, minus his balls which were in Quinn's purse. 

• Love 1

I wondered about Charlie behind the bombing as well. He was awfully sad hugging the girl when he should have been like "good riddance".  Doing it for Eli makes a weird kinda sense. Quinn use to have him on a tight leash but she's obviously distracted.

Then again, we may be putting more thought into this than Shonda.

• Love 5

Is it possible Glackland was using his phone to record Cyrus putting the touch on the congress members? Cyrus was basically bribing them to support Mellie's war and now Glackland has the goods on everybody. I think he's working Cyrus to attack the administration from the inside and that he's going to primary Mellie.

"I want my bones!" A line that's probably never been said before in the history of television.

Seems like Quinn has turned into Olivia Jr., being nasty and vicious when it's not necessary. But what goes around...

So Mellie was okay with sending troops in to risk their lives because she wanted to ride President Rashad's joystick. Guess that doesn't make her much different from Fitz when he had his Helen of Troy moment over Olivia. Except for the part where Fitz actually had had a relationship with Olivia. This thing with Rashad was mostly a schoolgirl crush.

Yep, as others have said, you could see that plane explosion coming from a mile away. My guess is Olivia arranged it to punish Mellie for having dared to defy her but I also like the idea of Charlie doing on Eli's behalf.

• Love 1

Liv's leadership skills need some work.  I said before that there would come a time when her threats would backfire or not amount to anything.  And Cyrus, of all people, is the one to throw cold water on her ego.  Yes, Olivia, what would you do to Cyrus?  You stand to lose so much by "bending" him to your will.  Also, being so hard on your dad isn't helping either.  Carrots and Sticks.  Good leaders have to utilize both.  Giving Papa Pope back his bones would be so much more effective than always sticking it to him because you're "Command".

FINALLY, Mellie is starting to act like the president.  Mellie and Liv are in this together, and the key word is "together".  Better when they play off each other to accomplish stuff.

I did think the niece was going to be shot on the tarmac and my wife called the plane blowing up.  BUT, I'm going on record and saying that the president and niece aren't dead.  Not sure when they made the switch or how they got off the plane before it blew up, but they're still alive.  It's all part of Liv's plan to get the nuclear treaty that Mellie wants.  Regardless, having a foreign dignitary killed in the country he/she is visiting would be a horrible occurrence and lead to all kinds of problems.  It will play out on the news, but ultimately, dude will be back in office when it all shakes out.  This is Scandal after all and Liv always pulls it out in the end.

Edited by PsychoDrone