Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E17: In Sod We Trust

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

Again, being a citizen of FL, just like the Coven and Devion, I can tell you that renewing your license is super easy. You mainly do it by mail or online, but every 10 years you have to physically go down to the DMV and take an eye test and have a new picture taken. That's basically it. Has Devion even had a driver's license for 10 years? I don't have any idea how old he is. The only other time you have to go down to the DMV is if you got your license before you were 21, they turn the picture and information sideways (portrait orientation instead of landscape) and after your 21st b-day, you can go to the DMV and trade it in for a regular license. They do it because it's easy for places that sell booze to tell if the person is under 21. they don't have to calculate year of birth, just look at the orientation  of the information. It's free to trade in your under 21 to and over 21 license. 

That is how it is here in California. I haven't stepped in a DMV in years! I get my license renewed automatically. My photo shows me with my blonde hair even though it is back to brunette. lol 

Briana doesn't think. If she is concerned about him having a license, I am guessing it is because he is working? I haven't heard any mention of him being in school. It is not her concern if he loses his license because he doesn't pay child support. That is HIS responsibility. He knows the consequences. If he doesn't, he is lame. How old is Nova now? 6 years old? That is six years that he hasn't gotten his shit together and six years he has gotten away with not supporting his child. He has paid here and there, but that is not sufficient nor should it be acceptable. In what world can one just pay WHEN THEY WANT for the things they need every single day? Imagine going to the grocery store and trying to walk out with $200 worth of food by paying only $45. Imagine going to the gas station and asking for a tank full of gas, but you hand the clerk a $10 bill. That shit won't fly. 

@lezlers I am guessing there was an option to pay by check as well as cash, but Briana only mentioned cash because she doesn't use checks. She only uses debit, credit, or cash. My husband doesn't use checks. He has never liked using them. HIs dream came true when debit cards became a thing. Brittany and Briana both work. I will guess it was their day off the day of the registration. I have no clue why the whole fucking family has to be there. 

The one time the DeSatan women should have been around was when Briana was showing off her ASSets to the crowd of guys at the club. They would have avoided this whole second pregnancy mess. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think Chelsea was smart to hire a party planner to take some of the load off. I'm sure Jenelle would've done the same, but either she couldn't afford to, or she wanted a freebie in exchange for publicity and nobody took the bait.

Or, option #3. She hired one and a) They quit when it became apparent that Jenelle and UBT are insane or b) Jenelle or UBT fired them when they made a well thought out and practical suggestion.

• Love 14
17 hours ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Oh and I wanted to comment on Kail. I admit, she almost had me feeling sorry for her ass, almost. That is until I remembered she had a baby daddy that wanted another child and would've been right there by her side through everything but she cheated on him and then threw him to the side for her fuck buddy so what did she expect to happen? This is all her own doing.

Right? If she actually just wanted another CHILD, nothing more, no agenda - she had a husband who wanted more kids and already proven himself to be a very loving and involved father. Instead she divorces HIM, gets knocked up by some loser, and acts surprised when he bails while the sheets are still warm. Dumb. Ass. 

17 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I feel bad for Devoin too and I give him credit for hanging in there (to the extent that he has) this long. The Coven have made it AS HARD AS POSSIBLE for him to be engaged in Nova's upbringing, short of legally barring him from seeing her, and he's kept trying for 5+ years. Is he an amazing father/person? No, not at all, but he seems to have tried to be positively involved in his daughter's life despite his own personal struggles and his baby mama/her family treating him like crap. Obviously, he'd be more admirable if he overcame all that to get his shit together and be a great dad, but... he's not capable of that.

Is he not capable of getting his shit together? Or does he just not want to? It's been 5 years. He can't get a license and a reliable job? I can't stand Briana and her family, but I fully believe he is only showing up more and throwing out some money because of filming. The Coven does make things super hard. But I think he uses that as an excuse. No one is stopping him from taking them to court and having his own time to see his kid but him. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I think Chelsea was smart to hire a party planner to take some of the load off. I'm sure Jenelle would've done the same, but either she couldn't afford to, or she wanted a freebie in exchange for publicity and nobody took the bait.

This is what I don't get. Jenelle SHOULD have enough money to outsource all this shit - laying sod for example. Did they waste it all on the swamp house? Drugs? What? Why does she always insist on doing everything the hardest way???

44 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Does Brittany work?  How were they all able to be there in the middle of the day for registration? 

It's quite possible she works a job where afternoon/evening shifts are available. I actually think all 3 women work, but I am not certain. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MaggieG said:

This made me laugh so hard! My coworker thinks I am nuts. Who is working on the Benny Hill remake of UBT and Jenelle?!

I am working on it now!  My kids are having to help me with it though so it may be tomorrow morning before I have it finished.  Watching the episode to find the footage to isolate had me rolling.  The Neanderthal zipping around in that little machine is hysterical!

• Love 20
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Is he not capable of getting his shit together? Or does he just not want to? It's been 5 years. He can't get a license and a reliable job? I can't stand Briana and her family, but I fully believe he is only showing up more and throwing out some money because of filming. The Coven does make things super hard. But I think he uses that as an excuse. No one is stopping him from taking them to court and having his own time to see his kid but him. 

I feel like not wanting to get one's shit together and being incapable of doing so are kind of the same thing. Devoin is a loser, which means he has issues, whatever those issues might be- addiction, learning disabilities, psychological problems, ADHD, low self-esteem, or even just plain "laziness" (which might include any or all of the former possibilities). I'm not saying he's on the same level as someone with a serious illness or disability (though he might be), but my point is that, whatever the reason(s), he DOESN'T seem to be capable of being a functional adult. He's not taking care of his parental responsibilities, but he doesn't seem to be doing much else either. I'm sure it negatively affects his life to have no license, no job, etc. in other ways besides Briana bitching at him. I'm not saying he's a great guy or that it's unfair to criticize him, but I feel like he is what he is and it is better (possibly significantly) for Nova for him to show up occasionally and give her a stuffed animal and play with her than for him to just take off permanently. That's all I give him credit for- making minimal efforts to see his daughter and let her know that he cares about her. That doesn't make him a good father by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think it's better than nothing. 

• Love 12
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, ghoulina said:

I couldn't figure out what it was. I went to aftercare at my school, and it was FREE. But when I worked in daycare, we had before and after care, for school aged kids. We dropped them off and picked them up. It certainly wasn't free. But we took checks, at least. I haven't worked in daycare in over 10 years, but we didn't take debit/credit cards back then. Maybe they do now? At any rate, it seemed weird to me that no one had any idea what was going on. 

My son started kindergarten this year.   I had him on the waitlist for before and after school care like 4 months before school started.  I paid the deposit a good 2 months before school started.  We went to orientation at the daycare a month before school started.  We were set up on auto pay before the first day of school.   I'm giving serious side-eye to that program.   And to Brianna.  None of what went down looked legit.

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

I am working on it now!  My kids are having to help me with it though so it may be tomorrow morning before I have it finished.  Watching the episode to find the footage to isolate had me rolling.  The Neanderthal zipping around in that little machine is hysterical!

Sweet!! I can't wait. :-) 

I just saw a bobcat being trucked to a construction site this morning. It will be a long time before I look at one and NOT think of UBT. 

@TheRealT I can kind of get what you are pointing out. We don't know much about Devoin other than what he has muttered and what Briana says. It would be helpful to know more about HIM. At this point, all we have is what was shown during TM3 and his appearances so far on TM2. If I remember right, he was a smarmy, asshole kinda guy who didn't give two shits about his daughter. He is still giving off that attitude, but he is slightly showing some interest in doing the minimum as you pointed out. What I do know about him is he has not done much to support his daughter. It is so unfair to her. 

2 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm giving serious side-eye to that program.   And to Brianna.  None of what went down looked legit.

Maybe this after care program was not affiliated with the school. It might be a private program or a county program. Briana is not very bright. I could see her paying a boatload of money to a program just because she doesn't want to work with the school affiliated after school program. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mkay said:

I’m so far behind. For whoever asked Kail has said her friend Quay’s name on snap and on the show. I’m not good at spelling out pronunciation but it’s pronounced like The qu in quiet, and way. Quay 

That was me.  I had a feeling it was going to be "kway."  Thanks.

9 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

And have someone else to yell at and blame for everything going wrong, since UBT wasn't taking any of that shit. 

Aah, so this is what happens when Jenelle encounters someone who won't take any of that shit.  So it can be done.

2 hours ago, TheRealT said:

I'm not saying he's a great guy or that it's unfair to criticize him, but I feel like he is what he is and it is better (possibly significantly) for Nova for him to show up occasionally and give her a stuffed animal and play with her than for him to just take off permanently. That's all I give him credit for- making minimal efforts to see his daughter and let her know that he cares about her. That doesn't make him a good father by any stretch of the imagination, but I do think it's better than nothing. 

Yeah, he is what he is.  He doesn't seem particularly introspective, but hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson and doesn't continue to procreate.  You'd think Brianna would have learned a lesson, but she didn't.  Shoot--not only did she not learn a general lesson, but Luis already has another kid!  Either she ignored it (bad) or was having unprotected sex with him before she found out (also bad).  

If nothing else, watching this show makes me grateful I'm lucky to have a temperament that keeps me out of the predicaments these people seem to constantly find themselves in. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

That is how it is here in California. I haven't stepped in a DMV in years! I get my license renewed automatically. My photo shows me with my blonde hair even though it is back to brunette. lol 

Briana doesn't think. If she is concerned about him having a license, I am guessing it is because he is working? I haven't heard any mention of him being in school. It is not her concern if he loses his license because he doesn't pay child support. That is HIS responsibility. He knows the consequences. If he doesn't, he is lame. How old is Nova now? 6 years old? That is six years that he hasn't gotten his shit together and six years he has gotten away with not supporting his child. He has paid here and there, but that is not sufficient nor should it be acceptable. In what world can one just pay WHEN THEY WANT for the things they need every single day? Imagine going to the grocery store and trying to walk out with $200 worth of food by paying only $45. Imagine going to the gas station and asking for a tank full of gas, but you hand the clerk a $10 bill. That shit won't fly. 

@lezlers I am guessing there was an option to pay by check as well as cash, but Briana only mentioned cash because she doesn't use checks. She only uses debit, credit, or cash. My husband doesn't use checks. He has never liked using them. HIs dream came true when debit cards became a thing. Brittany and Briana both work. I will guess it was their day off the day of the registration. I have no clue why the whole fucking family has to be there. 

The one time the DeSatan women should have been around was when Briana was showing off her ASSets to the crowd of guys at the club. They would have avoided this whole second pregnancy mess. 

ha ha!  Agreed.  They remind me of the families of my clients in criminal court.  I always wonder why wifey and their three kids need to be present at all of daddy's court dates.  Call me crazy, but seeing daddy being arraigned on a criminal charge (or entering into a plea agreement) isn't a super great way for Jr. to see him.   Bonus points if wifey brings their children to daddy's court date when daddy is in jail.  Every child dreams of seeing daddy in his jail blues sitting in the jury box!

• Love 9

I wanted to respond to the whole Devoin/Lewis dead beat dad thing.

I didn't mean that Devoin and Lewis weren't dead beat dads but I just don't like when they do contribute something and Brianna and Co turn around and say they aren't doing anything. That's just not true.

Brianna acted like she wanted to work with Devoin. She did not communicate to him properly what she wanted from him. She should've found out early how much the aftercare was going to cost and then told Devoin that she expects him to pay to get Nova registered and pay the rest throughout the year. Now, I do think I remember Brianna telling him at the registration that she needed him to pay it throughout the year so that was good but she was not anymore prepared than him at registration.

That being said, I highly doubt Devoin would've come through with the money had he known but we'll never know for sure because Brianna didn't make it clear in advance what she expected of him.

Filing the child support papers is what she should've done from the beginning that way Devoin would have no doubts about what he was expected to pay. 

Also, I have a hard time believing Brianna when she says they aren't involved if she doesn't acknowledge anything they do do. I don't mean she needs to thank them for doing less than the bare minimum but when bitching about them, she could say Luis brought diapers one time. That's nothing in the grand scheme of things. Or Devoin barely paid 65$ of the 210$ registration fee. Instead Brianna makes herself look like a liar by just saying neither guy has done crap. 

Also, if 65$ is really all Devoin had and he was trying to do better then you have to learn to accept what he can give. I'm telling you right now, filing child support papers is not going to get her anymore money. These dead beat dads find every way possible to avoid paying. They get jobs that are paid in cash or under the table in some way so that their wages can't be garnished. And I don't know about FL, but here in TX, they don't arrest the guy for failure to pay as long as they show up to court and promise to start paying. Nothing happens to them. 

So all that to say, when you procreate with the Devoins and Lewis' of the world, you can't expect a stand up father and when they do try and give money or help, you have to learn to accept what you can get. Is it fair? Hell no. But it's the way the world works. 

• Love 11
(edited)

@AmandaUnbidden great points.

If Devoin hasn't changed or better himself in 6 years, chances are he never will.

The same holds for these so-called mothers. Briana needs to stop expecting better from these guys when she herself needs to start making changes of her own. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

That was me.  I had a feeling it was going to be "kway."  Thanks.

Aah, so this is what happens when Jenelle encounters someone who won't take any of that shit.  So it can be done.

Yeah, he is what he is.  He doesn't seem particularly introspective, but hopefully he's learned a valuable lesson and doesn't continue to procreate.  You'd think Brianna would have learned a lesson, but she didn't.  Shoot--not only did she not learn a general lesson, but Luis already has another kid!  Either she ignored it (bad) or was having unprotected sex with him before she found out (also bad).  

If nothing else, watching this show makes me grateful I'm lucky to have a temperament that keeps me out of the predicaments these people seem to constantly find themselves in. 

I think he showed up last episode bc, at the time that was filmed, the first episode of him on the show this season had just aired and he didn't like how he came across. He even said, "I saw the episode..." 

Kail also made reference to the fact that the current season was now on air, when she mentioned that she wished she could be like Briana and just done with Chris the way Briana is with Lewis. 

• Love 7

Oh, and this is off-topic from this episode, but it related to me above post about Jenelle, I heard she's threatening to quit the show bc she didn't like the edit of her and David's interaction in the episode before this. Call this bitch's bluff. 

When it's time to re-negotiate contracts, producers should straight up say, "We are going to cut your salary this season, we'll talk about a raise once we see that you're still committed to keeping it real and telling us to go away when we show up for scheduled filming, not kicking us out or trying to shut us down the minute shit gets real in a way that you don't like, etc. You want privacy, don't renew your contract, it's that simple." 

• Love 24
10 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

OK Jenelle and David REALLY pissed me off this episode. Telling producers to leave so they can have a private moment, not to come back till tomorrow, etc. They really wanna have their cake and eat it too and IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY. You can't sign on to a reality TV show and then ask the cameras to leave when shit gets REALITY that you don't want the world to see. They only wanna show the good moments, they don't want ppl to see them fighting, they want privacy and that's completely contradictory to being on a reality show, which, last I checked, is their ONLY JOB and therefore, THEIR ONLY SOURCE OF INCOME.

How is this any different from Chelsea dating in a way that it wasn't captured by the cameras, except that she hid it from the show while Jenelle and David don't have any self control and don't think more than five seconds ahead and therefore end up in the position of asking the cameras to leave?  They all try to hide things, and some are more successful than others.

Because of that, actually, Jenelle's may be the most "real" depiction of all of them.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

Filing the child support papers is what she should've done from the beginning that way Devoin would have no doubts about what he was expected to pay. 

She needs to get the child support so she can pay for things and not be tracking Devoid down all the time.  Guess how many frantic phone calls she's going to get if she believes he's always going to pay for the afterschool program or anything else on time, in full.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

How is this any different from Chelsea dating in a way that it wasn't captured by the cameras, except that she hid it from the show while Jenelle and David don't have any self control and don't think more than five seconds ahead and therefore end up in the position of asking the cameras to leave?  They all try to hide things, and some are more successful than others.

Because of that, actually, Jenelle's may be the most "real" depiction of all of them.

When did Chelsea do that? She and Cole met when TM2 had finished filming, or so it was thought. Then, they made the decision to bring the show back, but that was after Chelsea had met Cole and gotten into a relationship with him. So she didn't hide that. 

I do agree that Chelsea probably does hide some things, though, but she is not nearly as rude or demanding as Jenelle. I've never seen her walk off a reunion set, I've never seen her kick producers out of her place, I've never seen her tell producers to go away when they show up on a day of scheduled filming, etc. 

And Chelsea comes from money, she doesn't need this $$$ nearly as bad as Jenelle, Kail or Leah. 

• Love 17
32 minutes ago, AmandaUnbidden said:

So all that to say, when you procreate with the Devoins and Lewis' of the world, you can't expect a stand up father and when they do try and give money or help, you have to learn to accept what you can get. Is it fair? Hell no. But it's the way the world works. 

Exactly.  These guys signed on for ten minutes of ho-sex up against a wall, not a lifetime of child-raising.  They might be good at the former, but who can be surprised if they are hopeless at the latter?  Apparently the coven has an endless amount of rage, but why?  

• Love 7
(edited)

Exactly @SheTalksShit

Cole wasn't under contract with MTV when he began dating Chelsea. Cole didn't live in Chelsea's home. They dated. 

Jenelle brought David into her home as her partner while she was filming the show. He chose to be filmed and then signed on for season B. 

@Sprockets it is as if Briana wants the drama. She lives for the drama by having to chase these damn guys around.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 16
8 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

It's not much different- they ALL do this. MTV needs to start acting like a real employer and let them know there they will be fired unless they fucking do what is asked of them.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

When did Chelsea do that? She and Cole met when TM2 had finished filming, or so it was thought. Then, they made the decision to bring the show back, but that was after Chelsea had met Cole and gotten into a relationship with him. So she didn't hide that. 

I do agree that Chelsea probably does hide some things, though, but she is not nearly as rude or demanding as Jenelle. I've never seen her walk off a reunion set, I've never seen her kick producers out of her place, I've never seen her tell producers to go away when they show up on a day of scheduled filming, etc. 

And Chelsea comes from money, she doesn't need this $$$ nearly as bad as Jenelle, Kail or Leah. 

In a way, that makes her more pathetic. Why does she continue to exploit Aubree if she doesn't even need the money?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

MTV needs to start acting like a real employer and let them know there they will be fired unless they fucking do what is asked of them.

Ooh, that made me shiver.  You are deliciously strict!  And yes, there need to be consequences for their shenanigans.  

3 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

it is as if Briana wants the drama. She lives for the drama by having to chase these damn guys around.

Why would you think such a thing?  I mean yes, of course.  Devoid is going to do what he's done since before Nova was born, which is pretty much fuckall.  

• Love 2
(edited)

MTV kisses the asses of these girls because they want the drama and the fights. You really think they are going to tell them to fuck off if they don't behave and film the show? The only way would be to tighten up the contracts and hit them where it hurts - in their wallets. As much as I want this show off the air, the reality is MTV makes so much money from these girls. They will make MILLIONS including money they get from advertisers while the girls are their stooges as they get a once a year six figure check. 

11th Street Productions continues filming in spite of the child abuse, animal abuse, DUIs, drug use and all the other criminal and questionable actions of these people. They thrive on all the drama that happens even when these heifers throw tantrums. 

15 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

It's not much different- they ALL do this. MTV needs to start acting like a real employer and let them know there they will be fired unless they fucking do what is asked of them.

Chelsea hasn't avoided any reunions. She has attended every taping even when she was ill. She never walked off the stage. She didn't refuse to answer questions from Drew. Chelsea never told the camera crew to get the fuck out of her house. One time she asked them to not ask anymore questions about the pet duck. What exactly has she done that constitutes not fulfilling her terms of the contract? I seriously doubt the contracts are written up in a way that it states these girls must introduce any and all new love interests to the audience and that any potential marriages must be filmed. 

I didn't realize MTV needed to film Chelsea dating a guy she had just met. If anything, I wish the rest of the girls were like that - keeping a guy under wraps for a long while and decide if he is worth their time before bringing them front and center. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 21
Just now, DangerousMinds said:

In a way, that makes her more pathetic. Why does she continue to exploit Aubree if she doesn't even need the money?

b/c why not, you can never have enough 0's in your bank account, right? And I'm sure she enjoys the lifestyle it affords her, but if the show were to end tomorrow, she'd be ok. And if it weren't for the show, I think she'd be ok, too. 

Jenelle, Leah and Kail wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are, financially, if it weren't for MTV. They come from nothing. So they ought to be grateful for this opportunity and not take it for granted. 

Almost all of these TM girls, on both seasons, grew up poor. Chelsea comes from money and Farrah and Maci grew up around middle-class, upper-middle-class. Those are the only 3 girls who I think would be ok without the show. Amber, Catelynn, Jenelle, Leah and Kail didn't have shit before this show and ought to show a little gratitude. I get that it sucks to have to put private moments in front of the whole world for everyone to comment on and critique, but hey, that's the reason producers pay them so much. Its not easy! That's the price of fame and fortune, you give up your anonymity and privacy. If that price is not worth it to them, they shouldn't renew their contracts. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Money???  Her dad is just a dentist.  Did I miss something?  

I believe Randy owns his own practice, as well being a dental surgeon. So he probably makes bank, added to any other outside businesses or investments he has made.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

I believe Randy owns his own practice, as well being a dental surgeon. So he probably makes bank, added to any other outside businesses or investments he has made.

He is doing very well. He probably had to pay a lot in spousal and child support when he and his wife divorced. 

Randy had to have worked his butt off to get to that point. He and his wife also had five children to support. 

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Yes.  I suppose it's all a matter of degree.  I don't think of dentists as being particularly wealthy.  

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

He is doing very well. He probably had to pay a lot in spousal and child support when he and his wife divorced. 

Randy had to have worked his butt off to get to that point. He and his wife also had five children to support. 

16 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

Yup, plus he owns a cabin up in the mountains somewhere, in addition to a house. He was also able to afford to pay for Chelsea's 2 bedroom apartment the first season, when Adam and Meghan were living there. 

On another note, someone here said a while back that Devon comes from money? Is that true? 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

b/c why not, you can never have enough 0's in your bank account, right? And I'm sure she enjoys the lifestyle it affords her, but if the show were to end tomorrow, she'd be ok. And if it weren't for the show, I think she'd be ok, too. 

Jenelle, Leah and Kail wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are, financially, if it weren't for MTV. They come from nothing. So they ought to be grateful for this opportunity and not take it for granted. 

Almost all of these TM girls, on both seasons, grew up poor. Chelsea comes from money and Farrah and Maci grew up around middle-class, upper-middle-class. Those are the only 3 girls who I think would be ok without the show. Amber, Catelynn, Jenelle, Leah and Kail didn't have shit before this show and ought to show a little gratitude. I get that it sucks to have to put private moments in front of the whole world for everyone to comment on and critique, but hey, that's the reason producers pay them so much. Its not easy! That's the price of fame and fortune, you give up your anonymity and privacy. If that price is not worth it to them, they shouldn't renew their contracts. 

I don't agree with the idea that the TM girls who don't come from money need to be grateful and do whatever's asked of them without question, while the middle- to upper-class girls are more free to do what they want. If it's about a work ethic, the standards for everyone should be the same. If it's not about a work ethic, I think they're all entitled to their personal preferences. I could see MTV having a hierarchy based on who's more popular/valuable for the show, but not on who could or couldn't live without the money.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Sprockets said:

Yes.  I suppose it's all a matter of degree.  I don't think of dentists as being particularly wealthy.  

See, I  was under the impression, while not being a straight path to wealth, that dentistry was a white collar field were you can earn a good living. Maybe not what you would view as wealthy, but to some it looks like it.  I image you would earn the most owning your own practice and having dental specializations like Randy does, plus he has his hands in other things like botox. Plus I remember from a while ago, is current wife owned some kind of store. Randy is quite a business man, I think outside of being a fine dentist that has helped him a lot.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

I don't agree with the idea that the TM girls who don't come from money need to be grateful and do whatever's asked of them without question, while the middle- to upper-class girls are more free to do what they want. If it's about a work ethic, the standards for everyone should be the same. If it's not about a work ethic, I think they're all entitled to their personal preferences. I could see MTV having a hierarchy based on who's more popular/valuable for the show, but not on who could or couldn't live without the money.

It's about work ethic, to me. I'm not saying these girls should be held to different standards based on what kinda money they come from, it's just ironic to me that the girls who don't come from money act the most rude and diva these days, b/c they really don't have much of a leg to stand on! They went from rags to riches bc of this show. I'm particularly referring to Jenelle, Amber and Kail, they are the worst. 

Farrah can be pretty bad, too, but Farrah's also made millions off of other shit and would be fine if the show ended tomorrow. 

And IDK what you mean by the "idea" that the girls who come from money are more free to do what they want, it's not about standards, that's just life - if you need the money, you better make sure you hold up your end of the bargain. If you don't need it, then you've got a little more wiggle-room. That's life. 

I'm not saying production should treat them differently bc of that, I think production should hold them to the same standards, I'm just saying, for Chelsea, if the show says, "fuck this, you're not doing your job, we're cutting your salary," Chelsea wouldn't be as bad off. 

15 minutes ago, HeySandyStrange said:

See, I  was under the impression, while not being a straight path to wealth, that dentistry was a white collar field were you can earn a good living. Maybe not what you would view as wealthy, but to some it looks like it.  I image you would earn the most owning your own practice and having dental specializations like Randy does, plus he has his hands in other things like botox. Plus I remember from a while ago, is current wife owned some kind of store. Randy is quite a business man, I think outside of being a fine dentist that has helped him a lot.

yup and i'm sure his wife worked before the show, and if so, they had double-income. AND I specifically remember Adam saying Chelsea's rich and has money and scoffing at the fact that Chelsea's dad wanted him to chip in for rent bc he felt they really didn't need the money and that her Dad will give her anything she wants. So, I mean, it's clear to me that Chelsea has always been in a better position, financially, than any of her TM2 co-stars. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 14
29 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Yup, plus he owns a cabin up in the mountains somewhere, in addition to a house. He was also able to afford to pay for Chelsea's 2 bedroom apartment the first season, when Adam and Meghan were living there. 

On another note, someone here said a while back that Devon comes from money? Is that true? 

He also opened a restaurant/bar/grill last yr.  his wife owns her own store in the mall.  I believe he owns some type of ranch because they have animals of all kinds. (Buffalo,elk, something like that) The cost of living isn’t that bad.  He owns a Harley, goes to Sturgess, I don’t think he’s hurting for money at all.  I’d trade bank accounts with him! 

• Love 16
On 10/30/2017 at 9:04 PM, TexasGal said:

Chelsea - going to pick up her dress, happy as a clam, lovely family.

Jenelle - OMG dude, he doesn’t care about my feelings, I have to do everything myself, but first I have to collect all my kids from the four winds, you have to leave NOW!

But leave my check on your way out!!

• Love 7

I think Chelsea would be better off than the other girls if the show ended, simply because she is the one who seems to have continued to live the most "normal" lifestyle in the wake of this thing. She doesn't drop everything jet off on 627 vacations a year, she doesn't go to New York random weekends to meet with British business men, she doesn't seem to go on book tours, motivational speaking tours, etc. etc. Jenelle & Karl live in fantasy land, and Leah? Is Leah (god bless her). "The end" would be a way bigger shock to their systems.

As far as Chelsea "hiding" stuff, so? If it's a day she's NOT FILMING she can do what she wants. If there had been a day that she had committed to filming when a secret booty call texted her to come over causing her to demand that the crew leave? Then I'd take issue with it. There are plenty of days on the LAND when the cameras aren't around & the Easons can flip out to their heart's content. If the cameras are there? Suck it up buttercups.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I think Chelsea would be better off than the other girls if the show ended, simply because she is the one who seems to have continued to live the most "normal" lifestyle in the wake of this thing. She doesn't drop everything jet off on 627 vacations a year, she doesn't go to New York random weekends to meet with British business men, she doesn't seem to go on book tours, motivational speaking tours, etc. etc. Jenelle & Karl live in fantasy land, and Leah? Is Leah (god bless her). "The end" would be a way bigger shock to their systems.

As far as Chelsea "hiding" stuff, so? If it's a day she's NOT FILMING she can do what she wants. If there had been a day that she had committed to filming when a secret booty call texted her to come over causing her to demand that the crew leave? Then I'd take issue with it. There are plenty of days on the LAND when the cameras aren't around & the Easons can flip out to their heart's content. If the cameras are there? Suck it up buttercups.

EXACTLY, there's no way to know whatever Chelsea does off-camera, but when she's filming, she lets the crew see what's going on and always has, I never see her tell them to fuck off or get the fuck out of her house or walk off the reunion stage. I never hear of her demanding any special treatment. I never see her lashing out at producers when a scene gets uncomfortable. She honors the commitment she's made to the show. 

• Love 13
On 10/31/2017 at 6:51 PM, TheRealT said:

I'm actually not a huge Chelsea "fan." I think a lot of her affectations are annoying and it bugs me how she's so heterosexist (or however you'd term it) in various ways, most recently the push to change Aubree's surname to include Cole's. With that said, though she and I are very different people, I recognize that she is essentially a decent/sane person. UNLIKE Jenelle.

Jenelle and UBT are deeply damaged and flawed people and I even have sympathy for them on some levels, but they are JUST SO AWFUL. They are child abusers and UBT is a partner abuser too. Jenelle certainly verbally and emotionally abuses her partners and possibly physically as well, so I guess they're both partner abusers. They've also both verbally and emotionally abused Barb and physically menaced Barb (as documented by MTV). THEY'RE AWFUL.

I actually think they (and everyone) can have as many weddings as they want, MTV-funded or not. Totally not my thing, but do you. My problem with Jenelle and UBT's wedding fiasco is that it was just another extension of their sick, abusive union and lifestyle.

•    Make a point of insulting/hurting Barb? Check!

This - I am wondering when they physically menaced Barb? 

3 minutes ago, Booted said:

This - I am wondering when they physically menaced Barb? 

In the Barb vs. Jenelle (or whatever it's called) special they showed Jenelle getting in Barb's face and threatening to hit her several times. UBT has stood very close to Barb yelling at her/filming her without her permission, which I would consider menacing since he is over a foot taller. He has also made what I would consider threatening/taunting comments to her in the midst of heated verbal confrontations, which I would consider implicit threats in the sense of clearly trying to rile her up and daring her to hit/touch him (at which point he would "defend himself" by assaulting her).

• Love 15

Again I am going to agree to disagree with most about Barb and her lovely friend who actually was being rational and honest rather than jumping on the David is going to kill Jenelle and is awful bandwagon who mostly are just over amplifying every negative move by David and Jenelle. 

It is interesting I had actually begun to wonder if I had been not watching the same show and couldnt decide if maybe I was wrong about thinking the way I do when I watch Jenelles segments so I did some investigating outside of the usual stuff shown on the show. This led me to youtube to actually pull up some older stuff from her segments and see if I had gotten the wrong impression at first about Barb- and I found a ton of videos there made by Jenelle from when she was much younger with Jace as a baby. From these videos I was only more so convinced that she is not some horrible girl that did not ever care for her child and for someone who was not suppose to be around to take care of her child she sure made an awful lot of video where she was alone with him as an infant.  

Heres one and you can find more on youtube under - Jace Vahn.

4 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Wait, wait, wait. Hold up! Devoin comes from money? I always just thought he came from a similar family as Brianna, one that struggled. I want to know if this is true because if it is, that really makes Devoin and his family assholes for not making sure Nova had what she needs. 

• Love 3

Has David fought with / beat up Jenelle that we know of? Has he been arrested ? Has she since with him ? I must agree that my opinion is they don't change BUT some dudes make some pretty bad choices when angry and immature- ones they would not and do not repeat. 

Jenelle is far from perfect but so is Barb who I think is a bigger version of Jenelle in a lot of ways and has a lot to do with all the disfunction we have seen between these two and unfortunately Jace has too. 

Without her admitting any responsibility with Jenelles problems she will only repeat with Jace. 

Wonder what she will do in a few years when he starts to act up - will be interesting to see how together she is without Jenelle around to blame. 

Edited by Booted
spelling fix
39 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

In the Barb vs. Jenelle (or whatever it's called) special they showed Jenelle getting in Barb's face and threatening to hit her several times. UBT has stood very close to Barb yelling at her/filming her without her permission, which I would consider menacing since he is over a foot taller. He has also made what I would consider threatening/taunting comments to her in the midst of heated verbal confrontations, which I would consider implicit threats in the sense of clearly trying to rile her up and daring her to hit/touch him (at which point he would "defend himself" by assaulting her).

You know none of this is specific enough and really doesn't back up claim of physical menacing or such. Barbs screeching could be considered menacing too. 

On 11/2/2017 at 1:16 AM, Booted said:

Again I am going to agree to disagree with most about Barb and her lovely friend who actually was being rational and honest rather than jumping on the David is going to kill Jenelle and is awful bandwagon who mostly are just over amplifying every negative move by David and Jenelle. 

It is interesting I had actually begun to wonder if I had been not watching the same show and couldnt decide if maybe I was wrong about thinking the way I do when I watch Jenelles segments so I did some investigating outside of the usual stuff shown on the show. This led me to youtube to actually pull up some older stuff from her segments and see if I had gotten the wrong impression at first about Barb- and I found a ton of videos there made by Jenelle from when she was much younger with Jace as a baby. From these videos I was only more so convinced that she is not some horrible girl that did not ever care for her child and for someone who was not suppose to be around to take care of her child she sure made an awful lot of video where she was alone with him as an infant.  

Heres one and you can find more on youtube under - Jace Vahn.

This video was actually interesting to me because I couldn't remember Jenelle ever seeming genuinely attached to Jace (or any of her other kids), but she does seem somewhat attached to/engaged with him in some of the vignettes in the video. I think her mental illness(es) were less severe back then, so maybe she was capable of being a "normal" mom at some point (IMO, she isn't capable of that now).

On 11/2/2017 at 1:23 AM, AmandaUnbidden said:

Um even the worst parent can pose for some pics and videos playing with their kid. It doesn't mean Jenelle was taking care of Jace all the time. It means she spent a few minutes alone with him, playing mommy before she was off partying again with her latest loser boyfriend. 

And the reason so many are fearful of David is because he had a record for throwing his pregnant girlfriend from a car. He is a domestic abuser already. Abusers don't suddenly change and become the perfect partner. 

But, yeah, this. I don't think Jenelle can even really fake video footage now, but she works hard at being a good IG mom. To me, videos/pics prove pretty much nothing about how good a parent someone is. And yes, David has a documented history of choking his pregnant girlfriend and throwing her from a moving car. He doesn't even acknowledge that as a "mistake," as far as I know. He seems to think he was somehow hard done by in that situation and he has a huge chip on his shoulder about being kept away from his son as a result of that incident.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:47 AM, Booted said:

Has David fought with / beat up Jenelle that we know of? Has he been arrested ? Has she since with him ? I must agree that my opinion is they don't change BUT some dudes make some pretty bad choices when angry and immature- ones they would not and do not repeat. 

Jenelle is far from perfect but so is Barb who I think is a bigger version of Jenelle in a lot of ways and has a lot to do with all the distinction we have seen between these two and unfortunately Jace has too. 

Without her admitting any responsibility with Jenelles problems she will only repeat with Jace. 

Wonder what she will do in a few years when he starts to act up - will be interesting to see how together she is without Jenelle around to blame. 

UBT hasn't been arrested for beating Jenelle. Still, I find it hard to give him a pass for choking a pregnant woman and throwing her out of a car while holding Barb's feet to the fire for- being dramatic? Screaming in front of Jace? Being a less than perfect parent to Jenelle?

Edited by TheRealT
  • Love 17

Randy (hopefully) has enough sense to help Chelsea set up a basic financial plan and pay her taxes which are not withheld since she is an independent contractor, and set aside a decent bit of her paycheck in savings for her family.   I normally like Randy a lot on this show, but I do worry about his judgment due to his twitter wars.  Randy might not have enough money to completely support all of his children and grandchildren permanently, but I have the highest hopes for Chelsea to remain financially stable when this franchise ends.  Nearly 70% of lottery winners are broke within 7 years, and that's likely to happen to Jennelle, Leah, Brianna, Catelynn, and Amber when this series ends.  I'm hoping Chelsea has savings, plus Randy can help at least a little, and Farrah works (although I'm guessing most of her outside income comes from adult entertainment products like cam work, and as she ages this line of work may become less lucrative) and beer isn't too expensive so hopefully Maci will also be okay financially. 

Edited by kitkat343
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Booted said:

You know none of this is specific enough and really doesn't back up claim of physical menacing or such. Barbs screeching could be considered menacing too. 

Re: Jenelle- Barb has yelled at her many times, but she didn't threaten to hit her. Re: UBT- Barb is under 5', while he is over 6' (and a young, strapping male with a history of abusing at least one woman (his pregnant partner)). I don't believe that her "screeching" at him (in response to his taunting/threats) constitutes physical menacing (which I define as behavior intended to make the target feel physically unsafe/at risk for being physically harmed). I don't believe that UBT has ever been afraid that Barb would harm him physically. I think that he has relished the thought of Barb hitting/touching him (and has tried to provoke her to do so many times) because he believes/hopes it would give him legal cover to physically harm her the way he would like to.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, TheRealT said:

Re: Jenelle- Barb has yelled at her many times, but she didn't threaten to hit her. Re: UBT- Barb is under 5', while he is over 6' (and a young, strapping male with a history of abusing at least one woman (his pregnant partner)). I don't believe that her "screeching" at him (in response to his taunting/threats) constitutes physical menacing (which I define as behavior intended to make the target feel physically unsafe/at risk for being physically harmed). I don't believe that UBT has ever been afraid that Barb would harm him physically. I think that he has relished the thought of Barb hitting/touching him (and has tried to provoke her to do so many times) because he believes/hopes it would give him legal cover to physically harm her the way he would like to.

Jenelle and UBT chased Barb through a parking lot, UBT shoving a phone in her face while accusing her of being drunk. Barb didn't yell at them. She got the kids into the car and went home. Then, Jenelle and UBT went to HER home and pounded on the doors and windows for an hour. Barb ignored them and they called the police and lied to them. I think you're spot on that UBT has menaced Barb and undoubtedly, others. 

• Love 19